*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 1610/590 owner's thread - Page 175 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #5221 of 5223 Old 02-16-2015, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozwell View Post
I have an Alienware PC which has two digital audio outputs - (1x) SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK) and (1x) SPDIF Digital Output (Coax).

Is it possible for me to run an optical output from the PC to the Amp? I notice there is only 2 x Optical ports on the Amp - OPT-1 (TV) and OPT-2 (DVR).

I have attempted to run the cable into both ports and turned the Amp to those Sources without any luck. I have no idea if this is because a) it is not possible or b) I need to ammed settings on the Audio settings on the PC or Amp in some way.
Hi Brozwell, make sure there's no protective caps at the end of optical cable. Also try setting Input Mode to Digital.

If still not working try using digital Coax instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5222 of 5223 Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Red face avr 1610 erratic

Hi guys.
I also have the denon avr 1610.
I have it setup in 5.1 speakers.
Recently my center channel does not work but all my other speakers are just fine.
If i go to the menu and to the channel level test, it starts to work as it should. weird.

I tried to reset the microprocessor but it did not solve my problem either.

Now i'm thinking if there is an firmware upgrade for this AVR, and it looks like they are.
But i go to the denon website and on the firmware section there is not an upgrade shown there, not even this model. :S

What do you think of this? where can i get the firmware upgrade?

Many thanks in advance
post #5223 of 5223 Unread Today, 01:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 5194 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Are you using a non-stereo surround mode (eg. DD/DTS/PLII)? The non-networking models (eg. 1610) generally don't get firmware updates. If one were available, you would have to contact an authorized Denon repair facility to determine if they had it and are able to install it.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr1610 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity , Denon Avr590 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page