Denon AVR-4310CI Thread - Page 177 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5281 of 5300 Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Are you using the on/off button on the receiver itself or on the remote? If you are using the remote, try replacing the batteries or make sure the remote code on the remote is the same as the receiver. If you are pressing the button on the receiver then try plugging it into a different outlet or plug a fan/light into the outlet the receiver is in to make sure it's not the outlet/circuit breaker that's bad. If the outlet is good and the receiver won't work on any other outlet then try leaving the power disconnected for about 20 minutes then plug it in and try it again. I'm not sure how handy you are, but you can try opening it up and checking the fuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5300 Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haivx View Post

my denon has refused to get back to work yesterday night when i tried to turn it on; normally, when i put the on/off button, the red will be on at stand by button with relay's sound. is there anyone here experienced the similar issue like me?? I have no idea how to fix it at the moment but my HT will be useless from now on:mad:

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 10 minutes and then plug it back in to do a soft reset. That may put things right.
post #5283 of 5300 Old 04-11-2014, 03:49 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post

Are you using the on/off button on the receiver itself or on the remote? If you are using the remote, try replacing the batteries or make sure the remote code on the remote is the same as the receiver. If you are pressing the button on the receiver then try plugging it into a different outlet or plug a fan/light into the outlet the receiver is in to make sure it's not the outlet/circuit breaker that's bad. If the outlet is good and the receiver won't work on any other outlet then try leaving the power disconnected for about 20 minutes then plug it in and try it again. I'm not sure how handy you are, but you can try opening it up and checking the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 10 minutes and then plug it back in to do a soft reset. That may put things right.
i did change the outlet and the cable as well but it did not work. I did not check the fuse but today morning, i brought it to Denon's dealer and the technician plug it again but it did not turn on as well so he thought it might be power board issue. Now i left it in their and wait for cost charge to repair it:mad:
post #5284 of 5300 Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Before turning over a unit for repair ... there are two troubleshooting steps to take to possibly save some time .... a soft reset (unplug for 10 minutes) and if no joy, a hard reset (microprocessor reset, p. 111 Owner's manual). Also note ... to insert an emoticon .. there must be at least one space between the last letter and the emoticon. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5285 of 5300 Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Before turning over a unit for repair ... there are two troubleshooting steps to take to possibly save some time .... a soft reset (unplug for 10 minutes) and if no joy, a hard reset (microprocessor reset, p. 111 Owner's manual). Also note ... to insert an emoticon .. there must be at least one space between the last letter and the emoticon. smile.gif
thanks for remind me about this since I remembered about these tricks when reading batbig's information somewhere and from you, of course! smile.gif
just received the quote for 35 bucks to fix biggrin.gif . just cross my finger to receive it back after a week!
post #5286 of 5300 Old 04-14-2014, 01:52 PM
585-645-1006

^^
You got lucky with an easy/inexpensive fix. smile.gif

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #5287 of 5300 Old 04-14-2014, 04:05 PM

Is there anything special I need to do to play FM radio??
I have attached an antenna, set the stations but when I select them I get nothing????
Any ideas??

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if everything is." Einstein

Now Format Neutral

post #5288 of 5300 Old 04-14-2014, 05:39 PM
585-645-1006

Perhaps just poor reception. Can you relocate the AVR near a window as a test?

post #5289 of 5300 Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 PM

JD,
apologies if this query has been posted somewhere else in this thread but could you enlighten me in this issue; when I completely run Audisee calibration for my unit, sometime when I switch between DVD and HD player I lost the dynamic signal on panel so if I need it again, I normally turn off my unit by remote and turn it back on then choose source select then Audysee coming back? this is sometime happening then. the surround mode for these are Matrix cinema.
thanks,
post #5290 of 5300 Old 04-15-2014, 03:00 AM
585-645-1006

^^
If you select Dyn EQ/Vol for a particular source, then it should remain set for that source. It would appear that your unit is having some issues. I would reset the microprocessor the first thing when you get it back from the repair shop.
haivx likes this.

post #5291 of 5300 Old 04-16-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:

I have tried different antennas and even ran one out to the garage but nothing seems to make a difference

Now Format Neutral

post #5292 of 5300 Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 AM
585-645-1006

^^
If you know it's not a reception problem (eg. you can get FM stations from another source or your car in the garage), then it's possible there could be an issue with the FM Tuner. Just to confirm .. ... you have the FM antenna that came with the unit connected to the coax input as noted below?

post #5293 of 5300 Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzz View Post

Quote:

I have tried different antennas and even ran one out to the garage but nothing seems to make a difference

Make sure that you have BAND set to FM and not AM. There is also a setting called MODE, if this is set to HD-AUTO this could be the reason you are not receiving any stations. Try changing MODE setting to AUTO or MANUAL.
Another quirk of the 4310 is that there are 2 options on the remote that always were confusing to me in the SOURCE SELECT menu. Make sure you have SOURCE SELECT set to DTU and not set to TUNER...the TUNER option is for an external tuner and DTU is "Denonese" for the internal AM/FM tuner inside the unit...I believe DTU stands for "digital tuner"...anyway, just make sure you have selected DTU on the remote in the SOURCE SELECT menu.
post #5294 of 5300 Old 04-16-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbarrickman View Post

Make sure that you have BAND set to FM and not AM. There is also a setting called MODE, if this is set to HD-AUTO this could be the reason you are not receiving any stations. Try changing MODE setting to AUTO or MANUAL.
Another quirk of the 4310 is that there are 2 options on the remote that always were confusing to me in the SOURCE SELECT menu. Make sure you have SOURCE SELECT set to DTU and not set to TUNER...the TUNER option is for an external tuner and DTU is "Denonese" for the internal AM/FM tuner inside the unit...I believe DTU stands for "digital tuner"...anyway, just make sure you have selected DTU on the remote in the SOURCE SELECT menu.

thanks, that is most likely it as I'm sure I selected tuner as the source, I'll try the DTU tonight

Now Format Neutral

post #5295 of 5300 Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM

Liked: 18
^
You're welcome, I hope that helps resolve your issue.
post #5296 of 5300 Old 05-01-2014, 09:46 PM

I have received my avr and test for a week; the power works flawlessly but there is an issue coming up; Whenever I ran my unit for around 1 hour or 1 hour and a half, my stand by signal flashing red and turn off my unit. I called the dealer technician and he told me some reasons for this fault: my loudspeaker are failed; the impedance of speakers are two low, short circuit when connecting speakers to unit due to cable contact and there is fault in amplifier board mad.gif.
Just digging the manual in troubleshooting section, this symbols may be caused due to overheat in unit as well;
of course, my speakers are all not brand new but I bought them as brand new for 05 years usage at home only and I do not think the cause from these; I used WBT banana plug for all cable so short circuit is eliminated and I would not think of amplifier board so I choose the ventilation solution; Re test again with a fan on toward my unit and choose Born legacy movies; it works flawlessly again biggrin.gif with the ambient temperature in my living room is around 25-29 Celsius degree. I remember last time when it went wrong, temperature was around 30 and I did not use fan though.
I put a little long here but would like to have any advice from you who may have the same issue like me. At the moment, the ventilation is still working.
post #5297 of 5300 Old 06-12-2014, 03:19 PM

Liked: 0
Special thanks to W. Jeff Meier (umr on forum) for his calibration expertise. He adjusted my Denon AVR-4310ci along with my Panasonic PT-AE8000U projector. Believe me, well worth the expense!

His website: www.accucalhd.com

His blog: www.homecinemaguru.com
post #5298 of 5300 Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Out of curiosity did he use Audyssey or bypass it and do manual EQ? I've heard that a lot of pro calibrators don't like Audyssey.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #5299 of 5300 Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 60
It may be posted already but does anyone know the part number for the network card?

The issue I was having was when using the USB with an IPod Classic it would sometimes distort bad on a song. All I would need to do is forward to the next song to clear it. Not a specific song related but seemed to increase in frequency. It got so aggravating I put my 1008 in its place.
post #5300 of 5300 Old Today, 03:05 AM
585-645-1006

^^

4310CI NIC – 8R1891001100D (DM860 Sub Assy)

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page