Denon AVR-4310CI Thread - Page 178 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 176  177  178
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Denon AVR-4310CI Thread
Sadie777's Avatar Sadie777 01:54 PM 06-12-2015
Thanks for the reply. So it's not normal then.
I'll do the resets, but I can't return it, bought from individual off craigslist.

Do you think it should not be used at all if the resets don't solve the problem?

Do I do the resets one right after the other? I see your signature says to do it 5 times, I think I only did it twice so far.

jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 02:07 PM 06-12-2015
^^
Correct. Do the resets in succession. Just because you bought it on Craigslist, I would still contact the seller and tell them the unit is defective.
Plymouth1 03:11 AM 08-26-2015
Hi all,

Have had a 4310 now for a year or so and really pleased with it.

Purchased a Cambridge Stream Magic 6 to go with it , hooked it up AND ....... was really disappointed .

The sound quality is muddy and slightly distorted . I checked connects which are good quality cables so should be no issues on that front. The SM6 was highly thought of when it first came out so i suspect there must be a problem somewhere in my setup.

Used the conventional audio outputs on the Streamer straight into the appropriate line level sockets (i used DVR) on the Denon.

I noticed in the manual that the phono sockets on the streamer are marked "unbalanced" and the manual says "must be used with high quality phono connects.
I wonder whether these sockets are analog and i am hooking up to digital at the Denon end and if so whether that would make a difference ?

My questions are :

Am i using the correct sockets/cable at both ends ?

if not what cable should i be using and where should it be plugged into

Any other suggestions as to how the sound could be improved ?

Appreciate any help that comes my way
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:01 AM 08-26-2015
^^
You have several input possibilities to include analog, optical, and EXT IN (multi analog input). Try using each of the other analog inputs to see if you get the same response, otherwise try using either optical or EXT IN.
Plymouth1 05:32 AM 08-26-2015
Hi and thanks for the prompt reply
all things being equal (cable quality etc)

Which of the options should provide the best sound quality ?
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 05:37 AM 08-26-2015
If you're simply passing a stereo 2.0 signal, the analog inputs should work just fine.
io-davros 07:39 AM 09-29-2015
G'day,

Long time lurker, first time poster- I have read through many pages on this forum, but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find an answer.

I have a 4310 bought from new and generally well cared for (and throughly used!). Recently I was finding that the HDMI signal was being picked up irregularly, and sometimes dropping out- the same was happening with the output to my projector. I tested (and changed) HDMI cable, not change, I tested the projector (it was fine), I did a reset/ firmware upgrade (and it all seemed to work....) but the HDMI issues continued, until eventually one day (about 3 weeks after the problems first started) the HDMI outputs stopped working altogether.

I took it to our local Denon Centre (in Australia) and they inspected it and have concluded that the HDMI card has died and needs to be replaced... but that the part is no longer made by Denon and that all remaining stores of the card have been sold. I have looked online and can't find it- given the amp is around 5 years old and was not cheap, this seems like an incredible outcome.

Reading through the forums and elsewhere online, I can see that I'm not the only person who has had this issue, so my question is this:

1. I know some others have had this problem from looking online, but is it common? Is it a defect in the design? Are there any other test that I could run?
2. Does anyone know where I may be able to get a replacement (part number is 8U-310030)
3. Failing the above, does anyone have a second hand board they may be willing to part with
4. Is this a problem that can be fixed- I have a rudimentary electronics lodgement, but can solder/ remove capacitors, etc.... I also have a friend with a great circuit board printer.... though looking at the HDMI card it does seem quite complex!
5. And finally, if I can't get this working would anyone be able to put this amp to use? Even for spares?

It just seems like such a waste.... and it does not give me a great deal of faith in Denon, though I have loved using it over the last few years.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
io-davros 07:40 AM 09-29-2015
G'day,

Long time lurker, first time poster- I have read through many pages on this forum, but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find an answer.

I have a 4310 bought from new and generally well cared for (and throughly used!). Recently I was finding that the HDMI signal was being picked up irregularly, and sometimes dropping out- the same was happening with the output to my projector. I tested (and changed) HDMI cable, not change, I tested the projector (it was fine), I did a reset/ firmware upgrade (and it all seemed to work....) but the HDMI issues continued, until eventually one day (about 3 weeks after the problems first started) the HDMI outputs stopped working altogether.

I took it to our local Denon Centre (in Australia) and they inspected it and have concluded that the HDMI card has died and needs to be replaced... but that the part is no longer made by Denon and that all remaining stores of the card have been sold. I have looked online and can't find it- given the amp is around 5 years old and was not cheap, this seems like an incredible outcome.

Reading through the forums and elsewhere online, I can see that I'm not the only person who has had this issue, so my question is this:

1. I know some others have had this problem from looking online, but is it common? Is it a defect in the design? Are there any other test that I could run?
2. Does anyone know where I may be able to get a replacement (part number is 8U-310030)
3. Failing the above, does anyone have a second hand board they may be willing to part with
4. Is this a problem that can be fixed- I have a rudimentary electronics lodgement, but can solder/ remove capacitors, etc.... I also have a friend with a great circuit board printer.... though looking at the HDMI card it does seem quite complex!
5. And finally, if I can't get this working would anyone be able to put this amp to use? Even for spares?

It just seems like such a waste.... and it does not give me a great deal of faith in Denon, though I have loved using it over the last few years.

jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 10:10 AM 09-29-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by io-davros View Post
G'day,

1. Yes, very common ... defect in design.
2. Might be able to order from one of the Denon authorized Part's distributors.
3. ??
4. Believe it has to be replaced.
5. Could use it as an external amp with your next AVR, or if going Atmos/DTS:X, to expand additional 2 channels.
gamecock's Avatar gamecock 10:19 AM 09-29-2015
I go back and forth between denon and pioneer elite. This very thing is usually kills my avr around year 3.
jima4a's Avatar jima4a 07:06 PM 09-29-2015
Quote:
G'day,

My HDMI in died in the back but the front kept working for a short while then died. Bought a Monoprice adaptor to split out optical from the HDMI from the TiVo mini in my shop. What is funny is I have an Onkyo TX-NR1008 and Integra DHC 80.3 which have both had way more use and they have been rock solid. The Denon has been glitchy since early on.
io-davros 04:22 PM 10-01-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
My HDMI in died in the back but the front kept working for a short while then died. Bought a Monoprice adaptor to split out optical from the HDMI from the TiVo mini in my shop. What is funny is I have an Onkyo TX-NR1008 and Integra DHC 80.3 which have both had way more use and they have been rock solid. The Denon has been glitchy since early on.
Hi,

Thanks for all the help! My front HDMI port does work (although it seems a little flaky!) and I have an hdmi splitter, so this is a great idea. Great idea to use as an external amp- may be able to get a bit more out of it yet!

Doesn't look so good on the fixing side- Denon have come back that the hdmi boards are not available with no more likely to be made, but they are seeing what they may be able to do on a new unit (AVRX7200)....

Thanks again!
-SWIN-'s Avatar -SWIN- 10:59 PM 10-14-2015
Quote:
G'day,

Hi!

There are many post´s on-line on the Onkyo HDMI boards, but none on the Denon.

One humble suggestion is, maybe the problems are related?

I am at the moment replacing the 8 SMD capacitors on my 3310 HDMI board, and 4 on the related DRM / USB / NIC board.

Must be the first one in the world attempting to do so

You stated, that you have a friend, that knows how to solder - so why not try it too - otherwise the only thing you can use these things are as a doorstop, or boat anchor.
Attached: DSC05166.jpg (311.9 KB) 
tn001d's Avatar tn001d 06:27 AM 03-10-2016
Anyone know if this model will pass 4k UHD ? HDMI 1.4 has the capability of handling that resolution. I know HDR would not be supported.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 12:39 PM 03-10-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn001d View Post
Anyone know if this model will pass 4k UHD ? HDMI 1.4 has the capability of handling that resolution. I know HDR would not be supported.
No. Nothing before 2015 will do so as the AVR must also be HDCP 2.2. You'll want to purchase an HD Fury Integral to connect between the 4k/UHD source and AVR.
Tags: Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon
First ... 176  177  178

Up