Denon AVR-4310CI Thread - Page 178 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #5311 of 5316 Old 06-12-2015, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Thanks for the reply. So it's not normal then.
I'll do the resets, but I can't return it, bought from individual off craigslist.

Do you think it should not be used at all if the resets don't solve the problem?

Do I do the resets one right after the other? I see your signature says to do it 5 times, I think I only did it twice so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 5316 Old 06-12-2015, 02:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 5124 Post(s)
Liked: 2624
^^
Correct. Do the resets in succession. Just because you bought it on Craigslist, I would still contact the seller and tell them the unit is defective.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #5313 of 5316 Unread Today, 03:11 AM

Liked: 0
Noobe Needs Help - Poor Quality Sound

Hi all,

Have had a 4310 now for a year or so and really pleased with it.

Purchased a Cambridge Stream Magic 6 to go with it , hooked it up AND ....... was really disappointed .

The sound quality is muddy and slightly distorted . I checked connects which are good quality cables so should be no issues on that front. The SM6 was highly thought of when it first came out so i suspect there must be a problem somewhere in my setup.

Used the conventional audio outputs on the Streamer straight into the appropriate line level sockets (i used DVR) on the Denon.

I noticed in the manual that the phono sockets on the streamer are marked "unbalanced" and the manual says "must be used with high quality phono connects.
I wonder whether these sockets are analog and i am hooking up to digital at the Denon end and if so whether that would make a difference ?

My questions are :

Am i using the correct sockets/cable at both ends ?

if not what cable should i be using and where should it be plugged into

Any other suggestions as to how the sound could be improved ?

Appreciate any help that comes my way
post #5314 of 5316 Unread Today, 05:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^
You have several input possibilities to include analog, optical, and EXT IN (multi analog input). Try using each of the other analog inputs to see if you get the same response, otherwise try using either optical or EXT IN.

--------
2015 Denon AVR thread ----> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...dcp-2-2-a.html

Think your AVR is defective? Check the Owner's manual and do a factory reset 4-5 times if necessary.
post #5315 of 5316 Unread Today, 05:32 AM

Liked: 0
Hi and thanks for the prompt reply
all things being equal (cable quality etc)

Which of the options should provide the best sound quality ?
post #5316 of 5316 Unread Today, 05:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

If you're simply passing a stereo 2.0 signal, the analog inputs should work just fine.

--------

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page