Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 5307 Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

Yes there is a volume bar but I don't think it's available when passing 1080p HD signals such as BluRay....
I'll have to check this out when I get my replacement 4310 later today
(my original unit was a victim of the Denon firmware update blunder)

dc

Works passing my Xbox360 via HDMI.

XBL-BoonDoggl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 5307 Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjl View Post

If I can get by without the video processing, I may be able to lower my sights to the 3310

FYI - as far as we know, the 4310 and 3310 have identical video processing with the same ABT-2010 chip.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 5307 Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

Interesting.... do you have the 4310's video processing on or in pass-through mode?

Whatever the default is, I have barely had the time to get everything connected. I hope to find some time this weekend to actually play around with it.

Quote:

Hey, how is that Oppo working for you? How is the sound and video in the 4310, and are you having problems with scds like the others?

I love my Oppo. 2nd one for the family room is in the hands of UPS right now. =) As for it with the 4310, Spongebob has never sounded so good! Seriously, my 7 year old has been the only one to actually watch something since I got everything connected.
post #64 of 5307 Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:

FYI - as far as we know, the 4310 and 3310 have identical video processing with the same ABT-2010 chip.

That's what the spec's I've seen say.

Only one HDMI out on the 3310 though.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #65 of 5307 Old 06-18-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPWN View Post

When using an iPod loaded with a thousand albums connected via USB, like many other interfaces, there is no fast way to move through the list.

Try using your browser it shows the list
post #66 of 5307 Old 06-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Decided to go for it and placed an order for a 4310 today. They aren't available up here in the frozen north yet... first shipment isn't supposed to come in until the end of the month and then they have to ship them out to the dealers. Going to be another 2-3 weeks at least.

Oh well... now to rearrange everything in my HT room while I wait in eager anticipation.
post #67 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 09:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I am going to have to get a 4310 to. Will go nicely with the DVD1 Blu ray unit...

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

post #68 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 02:03 PM

I have been playing with my resurrected 4310 (firmware death) since Monday. I noticed an interesting behavior with the video as follows.

I have 2 1080/24p sources, a PS3 and an HD-DVD player. Both send 24p video to my Sony 46XBR4 just fine and the Sony has a very helpful display that tells you what video resolution it is receiving, e.g., 1080p for normal 1080/60p, 1080i, 1080/24, etc.

When I set up my 4310, I set the video processing on both the HDMI inputs for the PS3 and HD-DVD player to de-interlace and up-convert and set the resolution to auto. With the setting, I got 1080/60p from the 4310 to the TV. When I set the resolution on the 4310 to 1080/24p, I got 1080/24p. However, in this mode all incoming signals would get converted to 24p, even those that had been recorded as video at 60i. For this reason, I did not want to use this mode.

My next step was to turn off video processing for these two devices. With video processing off, every thing was fine. 24p went to the TV when the PS3 or HD-DVD sent it, but when the source devices sent 60p or 60i, there was no conversion and the TV got 60p or 60i. All was fine, except, I got no on screen display / overlay for volume or other status. After a quick chat with Denon, I got what I wanted.

I turned video processing back on, but left scaling off. Now, all is well. I get full on-screen display and all my HDMI video signals pass through un-molested.

Ira
post #69 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

correct

"Video Conversion = ON" plus "i/p scaler = OFF" is the setting to allow for conversion of formats / GUI graphics but with the scaler disabled.

I was just discussing the exact same thing with DreamCatcher on this thread (he also discovered that turning Conversion OFF disables the GUI graphics):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1156578

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #70 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

correct

"Video Conversion = ON" plus "i/p scaler = OFF" is the setting to allow for conversion of formats / GUI graphics but with the scaler disabled.

I was just discussing the exact same thing with DreamCatcher on this thread (he also discovered that turning Conversion OFF disables the GUI graphics):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1156578

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblumberg View Post

I have been playing with my resurrected 4310 (firmware death) since Monday. I noticed an interesting behavior with the video as follows.

I have 2 1080/24p sources, a PS3 and an HD-DVD player. Both send 24p video to my Sony 46XBR4 just fine and the Sony has a very helpful display that tells you what video resolution it is receiving, e.g., 1080p for normal 1080/60p, 1080i, 1080/24, etc.

When I set up my 4310, I set the video processing on both the HDMI inputs for the PS3 and HD-DVD player to de-interlace and up-convert and set the resolution to auto. With the setting, I got 1080/60p from the 4310 to the TV. When I set the resolution on the 4310 to 1080/24p, I got 1080/24p. However, in this mode all incoming signals would get converted to 24p, even those that had been recorded as video at 60i. For this reason, I did not want to use this mode.

My next step was to turn off video processing for these two devices. With video processing off, every thing was fine. 24p went to the TV when the PS3 or HD-DVD sent it, but when the source devices sent 60p or 60i, there was no conversion and the TV got 60p or 60i. All was fine, except, I got no on screen display / overlay for volume or other status. After a quick chat with Denon, I got what I wanted.

I turned video processing back on, but left scaling off. Now, all is well. I get full on-screen display and all my HDMI video signals pass through un-molested.

Ira

Please help me understand this point.

Why would you want to send to your tv 60p or 60i? Please correct me if I am wrong.

24 frame per second is the film frame rate and most (all?) film sourced Bluray discs are encoded at that frame rate. 60 frames per second is the video display rate on most TVs. Since 60/24 is not an integer number, there is a motion artifact associate with going from 24 to 60 frames per second. This is why people would prefer to have 24 fps output to avoid this artifact. In simple terms, a 24p output into a monitor or projector that can display it, gives smoother motion for 99.99% of movies.

Why would you want to send anything other than 24 frames to you tv? I don't know a lot about this but want to know, I just order my 4310 yesterday.

Rick
post #71 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

because not all content is 24p. you are correct that, if you have 24p content and a 24p capable display, that is preferable, but the point he was making was that setting the Denon to 1080p/24 caused it to FORCE 24p output to the TV, even when the source was video based.

see this specific part of the quote:

Quote:

When I set the resolution on the 4310 to 1080/24p, I got 1080/24p. However, in this mode all incoming signals would get converted to 24p, even those that had been recorded as video at 60i. For this reason, I did not want to use this mode.

he preferred to have his players (BDP and HD-DVD) do any scaling and let the Denon pass through. So film-based HD-DVD and Blu-Ray would go through at 1080p/24 native from the players, and other content could be scaled by the players or the display.

Note that the Denon's video settings are independent BY INPUT so you could configure this as needed depending on the respective capabilities of each of your sources vs. the video processing in the receiver.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #72 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

because not all content is 24p. you are correct that, if you have 24p content and a 24p capable display, that is preferable, but the point he was making was that setting the Denon to 1080p/24 caused it to FORCE 24p output to the TV, even when the source was video based.

see this specific part of the quote:

he preferred to have his players (BDP and HD-DVD) do any scaling and let the Denon pass through. So film-based HD-DVD and Blu-Ray would go through at 1080p/24 native from the players, and other content could be scaled by the players or the display.

Note that the Denon's video settings are independent BY INPUT so you could configure this as needed depending on the respective capabilities of each of your sources vs. the video processing in the receiver.

I think I got it, but why would you want the player or the display to do the convertion and not the Denon, my guess is that the Denon has a better way to convert than the player dont you think. I love the fact that the Denon can be comfigure for each source...
post #73 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 PM

Has anyone with the 4310 had any issues with HDMI handshake (I'll preface this by saying that I just got a 4310, Blu-Ray and TV so this is my first experience with HDMI...I may be a noob and talking about something entirely different)?

I have my DirecTV hooked up to 4310 through HDMI, Blu-Ray through HDMI, Wii through component and then the 4310 hooked up to the TV though HDMI. I have no issues with either of the sources hooked up through HDMI (DTV, BR) but when I switch to the Wii, I lose video every 10 seconds or so for a few seconds then it comes back. I can tell the TV thinks it isn't seeing video because when it comes back it flashes the AVR input in the top corner as thought it just synced up or switched inputs. When it loses video there is a very brief blip of white noise on the TV before going blank and then coming back for another 10 seconds or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have something set up wrong, but the inputs connected via HDMI both seem to work just fine.
post #74 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluffo View Post

Has anyone with the 4310 had any issues with HDMI handshake (I'll preface this by saying that I just got a 4310, Blu-Ray and TV so this is my first experience with HDMI...I may be a noob and talking about something entirely different)?

I have my DirecTV hooked up to 4310 through HDMI, Blu-Ray through HDMI, Wii through component and then the 4310 hooked up to the TV though HDMI. I have no issues with either of the sources hooked up through HDMI (DTV, BR) but when I switch to the Wii, I lose video every 10 seconds or so for a few seconds then it comes back. I can tell the TV thinks it isn't seeing video because when it comes back it flashes the AVR input in the top corner as thought it just synced up or switched inputs. When it loses video there is a very brief blip of white noise on the TV before going blank and then coming back for another 10 seconds or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have something set up wrong, but the inputs connected via HDMI both seem to work just fine.

You may want to check/replace your component cable first before anything else.

StayThristyMyFriends
post #75 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcruz2525 View Post

Please help me understand this point.

Why would you want to send to your tv 60p or 60i? Please correct me if I am wrong.

24 frame per second is the film frame rate and most (all?) film sourced Bluray discs are encoded at that frame rate. 60 frames per second is the video display rate on most TVs. Since 60/24 is not an integer number, there is a motion artifact associate with going from 24 to 60 frames per second. This is why people would prefer to have 24 fps output to avoid this artifact. In simple terms, a 24p output into a monitor or projector that can display it, gives smoother motion for 99.99% of movies.

Why would you want to send anything other than 24 frames to you tv? I don't know a lot about this but want to know, I just order my 4310 yesterday.

Rick

Disclaimer: I'm no expert and could very well be talking out of my back end here... but this is what I remember from researching a year ago.

Most TVs are 60Hz, which means they display cable TV (30fps if I remember correctly) quite well. When you feed a 24fps signal into that TV, you end up with the TV doing a 3-2 pulldown since 60/24 isn't a nice round number. This is where you get most blurring. Better 60Hz tvs have better 3-2 pulldown algorithms built into them.

Ideally you get a TV that displays at 120Hz. In which case it doesn't matter if you feed it 24fps or 30fps (120/24 = 5, 120/30 = 4), all that happens is that the frame stays on the screen slightly longer in the first scenario (5 120ths of a second vs 4 120ths of a second). Of course, if you had something at 30fps and you tried to display it with 24fps timing, you'd go back to weird pull-down algorithms (it would happen where the signal is converted - the receiver in this case). Best bet is to leave the source in its original format and have a TV or projector that can handle any mode.
post #76 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluffo View Post

I have a Wii which will feed into my 4310 by component as well... but you'll have to wait a couple weeks before I can let you know how it does since my unit is still inbound. Will post again after I get the receiver if there are no other replies.
post #77 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedah View Post

I have a Wii which will feed into my 4310 by component as well... but you'll have to wait a couple weeks before I can let you know how it does since my unit is still inbound. Will post again after I get the receiver if there are no other replies.

I've found a few things out...at least with my 4310. The only way I can seem to get the Wii to stay stable is to leave Video Convert ON and turn i/p Scaler OFF. As soon as scaling is enabled it freaks out.

And the opposite holds true with my Oppo BDP-83 via HDMI. If I turn i/p Scaler OFF my video signal goes all wacky like the Wii with i/p Scaler ON. I have to set the i/p Scaler to Analog only.

Weird, or maybe it's not and I just need to get used to it.
post #78 of 5307 Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 PM

So if you're turning the scaler off (but leaving "video processing" on still), are you still getting something that's much better than the video processing in the 3808? The reason I ask is that I'm still debating the 4310 vs the 3808, and one of the selling points on the 4310 was the idea that maybe the anchor bay chip would be worth having. But if people are finding it best to turn off the scaler, how much is the anchor bay chip really doing, and is it doing it that much better than faroudja on the 3808?
post #79 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 12:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

if you turn the scaler off, it's off.

it's NOT video "processing" that's left on, when you turn the scaler off you disable the video processing. It's the video CONVERT that is left on, which allows you to cross-convert formats (analog > HDMI), but that is separate from the scaling functions. So, if CONVERT is on but the scaler is off, you can still cross-convert formats and whatnot, but the resolution will be unchanged.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #80 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post

So if you're turning the scaler off (but leaving "video processing" on still), are you still getting something that's much better than the video processing in the 3808? The reason I ask is that I'm still debating the 4310 vs the 3808, and one of the selling points on the 4310 was the idea that maybe the anchor bay chip would be worth having. But if people are finding it best to turn off the scaler, how much is the anchor bay chip really doing, and is it doing it that much better than faroudja on the 3808?

In my experience (I've owned the 4308 (Faroujda), 5308 (Realta), the Anthem D2 (Gennum VXP) and now the Yamaha Z7 (and Oppo BDP-83)which has the same VRS 2010 as the 4310)) the 4310 should be much better than the 3808.

And I don't think that people are finding it "best" to turn off the scaler except for functionality issues.. in terms of performance during scaling, the ABT 2010 is as good as the best I've seen.
post #81 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedah View Post

Best bet is to leave the source in its original format and have a TV or projector that can handle any mode.

Hi-

It depends which component has the better scaler. Many people have purchased out-board scalers so they can scale any source to the native resolution of their TV. The scaler in the TV might have a weakness scaling one resolution to it's native resolution. The scalers in the source (say a Blu-ray player) might not upconvert SD DVD very well. Etc.

In theory, with a scaler you could buy components that are less expensive (due to cheaper scaler) because the receiver would do that work. The rub is not all components *output* at the native resolution of the source (480i for DVD, 1080p/24, 1080p/60 for Blu-ray, 480i, 720p, 1080i for TV) so that superior scaler can do its best.

post #82 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 07:26 AM

I can say that the 4310 does a noticeably better job scaling the 480p from my Wii than the TV does. Not too surprising. Unfortunately, I get video sync issues using the 4310 right now, but it does look good in between blips.
post #83 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 06:11 PM

I got my 4310 last week and have been wanting to get it all setup with my Harmony One remote, but so far Logitech isn't showing the 4310 in their database. I tried doing the IR to IR thing to manually set it up, but the task proved too much for my IQ.

I read that other Denon units use the same commands from their remotes, so I tried my old 4306 remote and it seemed to be working.

My question is, does anyone have a suggestion as to which older Denon unit I should use in my Harmony One setup (temporarily) that would mimic all the important 4310 commands? I am using all 5 hdmi inputs on the back, and one of the hdmi outputs. I am assuming that I want to be using an older unit that has at least 5 hdmi inputs so that I can setup all of my activities in the remote.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric
post #84 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

3808CI, 4308CI or 5308CI most likely would give you the biggest database of commands. anything you are missing, just "teach" from the remote or have Harmony copy it from my account (see the link in my sig).

you don't need to use a unit with 5 HDMI inputs, it's about the NAMES. Denon works by input NAME (DVD, TV/CBL, SAT, HDP, etc.) and then YOU assign which HDMI input is associated with what name. As long as you have the right input name commands in the Harmony database you should be able to select what you need.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #85 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post

the 4310 vs the 3808, and one of the selling points on the 4310 was the idea that maybe the anchor bay chip would be worth having.

.. and 4310 also has AL24 multi channels , dual HDMI out, direct front USB for iPod..... I'm comparing it against 4308, and this is really giving me a headache.

btw if you haven't noticed, in Japan there is no 4308, and the Japanese version of 3808 has 2 HDMI out! So in Japan there is even less difference between a 4310 and 3808.
post #86 of 5307 Old 06-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

Where's info on the 4810?
Has it even been announced yet?

ss9001

In speaking with Denon this week, they indicated that it was likely this fall. I think it's supposed to be some time around September. Initially the contact that it was later this month, but corrected himself when he looked further at his information there. If you google around for it, you can find some preliminary specs. Seems that it will be a not-insignificant upgrade price-wise from the 4310 (e.g., $3K).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

Can anyone comment on the HDMI switching/syncing speed, especially compared to older Denons? Any lag or drop-outs to report?

Thanks,

Versus the 4306 I own, it did seem notably faster in most switching functions. That was a pleasant surprise.

To shift gears to general impressions (in case anyone wanted mine!), as iBlumberg knows from the other thread, I too was a victim of the corrupt firmware issue. However, I did get a good four or so days of decent time with the unit before it was affected. In the end, I decided to return it. The firmware issue aside, I just felt it didn't offer a great enough improvement for me over my 4306 to justify the expense. I had really wanted the unit for its ABT chip, but in practical usage, I realized that 80+% of what I watch now is already high definition and I had to try really hard to discern the difference the upscaling/conversion might have been making. I do have 5 HDMI sources, so the ability to switch directly was nice too, but I had a Monoprice switch that works perfectly well, and with my Harmony remote, I really didn't suffer for lack of HDMI inputs in my system.

Overall, though, it was a very nice unit, that I would be proud to own. A couple of the key positives I came away with were:

- Audyssey seemed to be more advanced in the auto-setup mode
- I really liked the Audyssey volume spike management function, since I HATE loud commercials
- The on-screen display capabilities are infinitely more usable than is the case with the 4306 (which doesn't have HDMI OSD). And to whomever asked before, I recall that I had an on-screen volume indicated for all sources, including my 1080p PS3
- HD Radio seemed intriguing and was nice to be built in (but would ultimately be woefully underutilized by me personally)
- 6 HDMI inputs are nice to have
- The aforementioned improvement in switching speed was pronounced

Things that kept me from deciding to keep the unit:
- As noted, I just couldn't sense a big enough difference with the ABT chip (but that may be my untrained eye?). This was the biggest factor in my decision not to keep it
- The fact that I still cannot pass all audio via optical out to my Pioneer wireless headphones was disappointing (I'm sure this is a copy protection issue, but I was hoping!)
- My prior setup was nicely tweaked with switchers and splitters, so in some ways I didn't really need the 6 on-board HDMI inputs
- With a 2-year old, I'm just not pushing the system hard enough to pick up on the most finely detailed nuances in improved audio (although, as I noted, I did sense that Audyssey had evolved nicely in the last 3-4 years)
- My wife would never let me add more speakers to my system than my 5.1 setup, so all of the new functions allowable with IIz would again be underutilized
- And, oh yeah, that firmware issue (which Denon was attentive to, so this is minor)

All in all, I just decided I'd put the money back in my pocket and wait for the "next big thing" or a real need on my part. I will lust after some of the features I've now forsaken, but if I grow anxious in their absence I can always pull the trigger again down the road. For those of you who have or will get it, I'm sure you will enjoy it! Just my proverbial two cents.
post #87 of 5307 Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post

Try using your browser it shows the list

Interesting suggestion, however, at that point I would be sitting at a computer so iTunes and the original music files would be much more flexible.
post #88 of 5307 Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPWN View Post

Interesting suggestion, however, at that point I would be sitting at a computer so iTunes and the original music files would be much more flexible.

I use the browser on my ipod touch ,the volume control is a little flaky, but I see the list.
post #89 of 5307 Old 06-21-2009, 09:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

4810CI info has been posted in the 2009-10 rumors thread. Here are the specs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Lieberman View Post

AVR-4810 September $3,000

Next Generation 9.3 A/V Multi-Source/Zone, Network Streaming Receiver • All new DDSC-HD • Dolby TrueHD and DD+ • dts-HD
Master Audio Audio decoding • Dolby PLIIz matrix decoding for Front Height effects • Audyssey DSX (Dynamic Surround
Expansion) decoding for Front Height and/or Front Width channels • HDCD decoding • Features latest 32-bit Floating Analog
Devices SHARC Processors • 9 channels equal power amplifier section, Multi Mono-block construction • 140 watts per channel
(8 ohms, 20 – 20kHz, <0.05% THD) • Burr-Brown 24-bit, 192-kHz, PCM-1791A DACs on all 8 channels configured in differential
mode • 3 Source/Zone capable, including 2 with video • 1080p Compatible HDMI 1.3a Deep Color (6/2) Repeaters, Dual outputs
• Front Panel HDMI input • Fully assignable channels for biamping, Surround channels or Multi-Zone applications • Assignable
+12v, 150mA triggers (2) • Assignable Ultra-Wideband (100 MHz) Component inputs (3) • Analog/HDMI Video to HDMI
Scaling (1080p) featuring Anchor Bay Technologies processing (ABT-2010), with GUI overlay • Vertical Stretch for CinemaScope
Screens • Digital to Analog conversion for Multi-Zone connection flexibility • Rear panel RS-232C and Ethernet ports for
Crestron/AMX control communication • Ethernet port with built-in Multi-Media Command and Control functionality • Web
Browser Control • Windows Vista Certified, and Windows 7 compatible • Dedicated iPod™ control port (for use with optional
ASD-11R Dock, with on-screen display and remote control • DLNA Certified • Remote Access and Firmware Update/Upgrade
via Internet • Internet Radio, Rhapsody and Napster • Audyssey MultEQ XT and Audyssey Pro Installer Ready, calibration
microphone included • 4 Assignable digital inputs • Denon Link 4th, featuring Clock Control with HDMI • Front Panel USB Port
• iPod Digital Direct USB Connectivity (Audio only) • AM/FM HD Radio tuner with auto preset FM memory (56 stations)
• XM and Sirius Radio Ready • New GUI for Main Zone, with independent On Screen Display for Zone 2 • New EL learning/pre-programmed Remote Control • Detachable Power Cord • Serial IR ports • Second, Multi-Zone Remote included • Sleep Timer

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #90 of 5307 Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I admit I haven't heard a Denon in a long time (but will here shortly) but what alarming differences does the 4810 have over the 4310? I know if I like the 4310 I will end up with the 4810 so I guess I might eventually find out. With me being a new fan of PLIIz Height I don't think THX Ultra 2 Cinema sound will be my favorite anymore. Unless I missed it but I did not see it in the specs. Not that it will matter since I plan on using the PLIIz from now on... Just a quick thought.

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr4310ci Receiver , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page