I'm saving up for a system based on the Orb Audio Speaker System.
My plan is setup in 3 phases (with a possible distant phase 4) due to budget and well, marriage....
Plan is as so:
----2 Single (Mod1) Orbs + Super 8" Subwoofer
----Add 1 double (Mod2) Orb as center Speaker
----Add 2 Single (Mod1) Orbs as Surround Speakers
- phase 4 (distant - Late 2010)
----Add 2 Single (Mod1) Orbs as 7.1 Surround Speakers
I will need a Receiver
for this, and this is where I need your recommendations.
for the receiver is ~$300-350.
I plan on having the following on HDMI
- Panasonic Bd35k Blu-Ray on HDMI
- Motorola DVR HDMI
- PC DVI-HDMI
My Main use for this will be watching Blu-Ray on it, followed by occasional HD cable, and once in a while some PC/gaming use, I don't plan on getting any gaming consoles.
Looks are a plus, but never at the expense on functionality, but I will admit I am slightly biased when it comes to this.
I had thought of going with the Pioneer Line, but am undecided on whether to get the:
- VSX-1019 which goes beyond my budget and hence would delay the whole project a month or so,
- or get the VSX-919, which is within budget, and I'm still unsure whether I would need the extras on the 1019.
- or simply go for a 5.1 setup using the VSX-819 and save some dollars, specially because the 7.1 setup inst happening anytime soon.
Other suggestions always are welcome.