Geeting No Sound through HDMI - LG ht903 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys, I have a Samsung PN50A550S 50-inch Plasma and just bought an LG Lg ht903 wa dvd surround system, with HDMI output. I have connected it to the TV with the HDMI cable but i don't seem to get a signal come through. It works fine when playing a DVD but I don't get any sound come through when viewing free to air or cable tv. I've tried playing around with all the settings on the receiver but nothing seems to help.

I have the HDMI cable from the PLasma to the HDMI in the LG receiver
Cable TV is connected to Plasma via component sockets

Would an Optical audio connection work? I went to buy a cable and was told that it should all run through HDMI and there was no need for this. Am really struggling for a solution here. Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-23-2009, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm not familiar with that LG system, but it sounds like you're expecting to get audio from your TV to your AVR over an HDMI connection. That won't work. If your TV has an optical audio out and your AVR has an optical audio in, use those to get audio from OTA.

You should also have either HDMI from your cable box to your AVR, or some other type of audio output from your cable box to your AVR, like optical.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page