post #5191 of 7224 Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscoolr6 View Post

I can't get my 2310 to power up on a source other that EXT.IN ...

You wouldn't happen to be turning the unit on using a Quick Select button, would you? Using the ON/Standby button (top left of front side of the remote) should power it on wherever you left off.
Oops hadn't seen jd's post.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 7224 Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I should've thought to post this here, but instead I started a separate thread this morning:

VERY strange Denon AVR-2310 problem - Ideas?

It doesn't have any responses, though, so if anyone has any ideas, could you please post them (here or there, it doesn't matter).

Thanks,

Ken
post #5193 of 7224 Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

You are likely experiencing an HDMI handshake issue. Be sure to try ALL the HDMI jacks on the 890. If no joy, then reset both the HR22 and the 890 (p. 68), otherwise your option is to connect directly to the TV w/optical from the HR22 to the 890.

Thanks for the advice. I tried all the above and nothing works. It, of course, works fine if I run straight to the tv and run the digital audio to the 890. I acutally have a directv service call and they should be brininging a different sat receiver for me to try that.

Thanks again for the quick response.
post #5194 of 7224 Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM

Has anybody experienced a problem with "lost" programming (presumably) of the standard 2310 remote control? I've programmed and re-programmed the TV, DVD, and SAT positions (successfully) several times now, only to find that at some point the Denon remote fails to operate those devices.
Each time I have programmed, each position controls the associated device as expected for a period of time (about three days the last time around). Then, at some point when I attempt to use the Denon remote for another device, I find it doesn't work at all. All 2310 remote control functions are normal, and if I reprogram the auxillary equipment positions on the remote, it will operate the auxillary equipment again (for some period of time). This has happened for four different devices/remote positions (Pioneer DVD, Panasonic DVD, DishNetwork receiver, Samsung television).
Thoughts?
post #5195 of 7224 Old 08-15-2010, 03:18 AM

Can anyone provide me the file for the JAN 2010 firmware? I'm using denon 2310 AVR and I'm from Singapore. The support center in singapore is very unresponsive much less to help out a customer. Can any kind soul provide me the link to download the file. I will really that. My model is probably a EU model as the main version of my firmware is 00:69 and sub veer is 00:30. The serial no shows that it's manufactured in dec 2009. I'm having problem trying to send HD lossless audio bitstream over to my AVR for decoding. My bluray player is pioneer bdp-320.

Any help? Pls.
post #5196 of 7224 Old 08-15-2010, 05:17 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked: 1493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiner View Post

Has anybody experienced a problem with "lost" programming (presumably) of the standard 2310 remote control? I've programmed and re-programmed the TV, DVD, and SAT positions (successfully) several times now, only to find that at some point the Denon remote fails to operate those devices.

Are you referring to the Quick Select buttons? When you "re-memorized" the new settings, did you hold the Quick Select button down for a few seconds?There might be a problem with the capacitor. Have you tried the "reset the microprocessor" procedure (p. 70)?

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5197 of 7224 Old 08-15-2010, 07:37 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post

Can anyone provide me the file for the JAN 2010 firmware? I'm using denon 2310 AVR and I'm from Singapore. The support center in singapore is very unresponsive much less to help out a customer. Can any kind soul provide me the link to download the file. I will really that. My model is probably a EU model as the main version of my firmware is 00:69 and sub veer is 00:30. The serial no shows that it's manufactured in dec 2009. I'm having problem trying to send HD lossless audio bitstream over to my AVR for decoding. My bluray player is pioneer bdp-320.

Any help? Pls.

If you're in Singapore you likely have an Asian model, rather than EU model. With US models there is no known issue with Pioneer BDPs. Your Main/Sub version on a US model would mean that the 1st firmware update (that resolved the BDP bitstreaming issue you are experiencing) is already installed.

"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5198 of 7224 Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to the Quick Select buttons? When you "re-memorized" the new settings, did you hold the Quick Select button down for a few seconds?There might be a problem with the capacitor. Have you tried the "reset the microprocessor" procedure (p. 70)?

The quick select buttons work as expected (storing input settings when depressed for several seconds). I'm referring to the programmable device selection buttons at the bottom of the remote. At first, I suspected there was a key combination that might clear all programmed codes, and that I had been hitting it accidentally, but I don't believe there is a way to clear the codes. This problem I'm experiencing seems like a very unlikely and specific failure of the remote control.
post #5199 of 7224 Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 AM
585-645-1006

Got it, you are referring to registering the "pre-set" device codes. Have you tried replacing the battery in the remote? Otherwise it may indeed be a defective remote. Give Denon CS a call tomorrow and they'll likely be able to replace it for you.

"JD" –

post #5200 of 7224 Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Got it, you are referring to registering the "pre-set" device codes. Have you tried replacing the battery in the remote? Otherwise it may indeed be a defective remote. Give Denon CS a call tomorrow and they'll likely be able to replace it for you.

I've checked the batteries (O.K.) and replaced them anyway as a reality check.
As you say, I think I'll call Denon today; I didn't see anything pertinent in their FAQ or support area when I checked last week.
post #5201 of 7224 Old 08-16-2010, 12:25 PM

I just set up my harmony remote and when it turns on zone 2 it turns the main zone off. When it does this I don't get a feed to my TV which normally runs through the HDMI which runs through the Denon.

Does the main zone have to be on in order for the HDMI to to pass through?
post #5202 of 7224 Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
585-645-1006

The "HDMI monitor out" is a Main zone function, so yes.

"JD" –

post #5203 of 7224 Old 08-16-2010, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant96 View Post

I just set up my harmony remote and when it turns on zone 2 it turns the main zone off.

is this because turning on Zone 2 is a separate activity?

part of the Harmony default assumptions are (1) different zones are treated as separate devices and (2) when any activity starts to turn off devices which are unused in that activity... so, if you have a "Zone 2" activity, it will turn off any unused devices (including Main Zone) when you initiate that activity.

you need to go to the Zone 2 activity settings (settings > change options) and set it so that it does NOT turn off unused devices when initiating that activity.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

post #5204 of 7224 Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys

Would it be better to have my denon 890 do the upscaling from an analog signal coming in or should I have a direct hdmi connection from my cablebox to my pioneer 101fd and let it do it? I have been having serious hdmi handshake issues with the cablebox passthrough on the denon and I have to go with one route or another. I just find the picture I am seeing on the Kuro right now to be a bit soft and I am wondering if it would be improved through the 890?

Thanks
post #5205 of 7224 Old 08-17-2010, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
you're going to have to try it both ways and see for yourself. It's really context dependent.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

post #5206 of 7224 Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM

OK, got it to work...thanks JDsmoothie and batpig.
post #5207 of 7224 Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 AM

Well I tried reading through the thread and batpig's page (thanks), but still running into issues

1: When connecting my ps3 (phat/latest firmware) to my 2310 I am unable to get surround audio. I have tried to change to linear pcm vs bitstream, however when I am bitstream I get DTS Surround on my 2310, but when I am in linear pcm it will only do stereo.

2: Can I get a stereo input source, but output surround?

3: I have a samsung pn50b850 and fios motorola box, and when i try to do standby it works maybe 50% of the time and others it will display the tv for 3 seconds then cut the display, when I turn on the 2310 I see it says TV. I have tried turning off the CEC on the tv, but I am still experiencing this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
post #5208 of 7224 Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
585-645-1006

1. With the fat PS3, your only option for HD audio is PCM. Check your PS3 settings as you likely don't have all the correct audio blocks checks.

2. Yes. This is what DD PLII does .. it simulates 5.1 from a 2.0/2.1 source.

3. Fios boxes often have HDMI issues. Try all the HDMI jacks on the 2310 first and then consider just connecting the HDMI straight to the TV with optical to the 2310.

"JD" –

post #5209 of 7224 Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM

I just got my 2310 a few nights ago and I am having two issues.

1) I am hearing a popping sound coming from the sub when ever I change volume lvl, or the unit changes the output mode of the sound (going from DD to stereo during commercials), or when the sound kicks back on after I fast forward or rewind on the DVR.

I have tried 2 different cables to the sub, and reset the unit. No change.

2) Audio is not syncing correctly going from my Direct TV box. I have the AVR set to pass through the video. Never had a problem with audio syncing before. In the past the STB went to the TV via HDMI and then the sound went out the TV to the old receiver.

The sync difference seems to change depending on the channel, and the show. I've been comparing HD content to HD content.

MY PS3 is getting repaired so I have not yet seen if the sync issue is present with other devices.

Any advice would be appreciated.
post #5210 of 7224 Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
585-645-1006

1. Have you run AUTO SETUP yet or reset the microprocessor (p. 70)?

2. If it's just a sync problem you may be able to use the Audio Delay setting otherwise it's likely a broadcasting issue from those particular channels. I notice that I can correct the audio delay by changing channels then changing back to the channel I was watching originally. If watching recorded video, then rewinding about 5 seconds will often resolve the sync issue as well.

Also, click on the 2nd link in my sig to learn how to determine what firmware version is installed on the AVR as general speaker popping was resolved with the first update, although likely your 2310 has the first two updates installed.

"JD" –

post #5211 of 7224 Old 08-20-2010, 08:15 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have run auto set up 1 time before I re-set the unit following the instructions on p70, and then 2 times after. I'll try the firmware update.

On a side note I got very different results each time I ran the set up, though attempts 1 and 3 were closer together that attempt 2.
post #5212 of 7224 Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 PM
585-645-1006

I didn't suggest you try the firmware update, rather you just "determine" what version of firmware your unit is currently using as your unit likely does not need the 3rd update. Also, are you using a tripod to take the mic measurements? It's not unusual to get somewhat different results each time but they shouldn't be that far different if you are taking the measurements in the same "5" locations within a 2' radius around the 1st position (primary listening position).

You also might want to try connecting the HDMI directly to the TV with an optical cable from the sat box to the 2310 as this will still pass the DD 5.1 from HD channels to the AVR which the connection from your TV likely did not (rather only PCM 2.0).

"JD" –

post #5213 of 7224 Old 08-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Firmware is:
main .52
sub .24

I'm guessing that means that I need to install the firmware update.
post #5214 of 7224 Old 08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
585-645-1006

Definitely as your 2310 has apparently been sitting around along time without having received any of the three updates. PM me with your email address and I'll forward the latest update to you.

"JD" –

post #5215 of 7224 Old 08-21-2010, 03:05 PM

Call me crazy but I went out yesterday and picked up a 250GB PS3 Slim to replace my 160GB PS3 'fat' just to get the blue Master HD light. In the end I feel it was worth it even though I'm sure there is no difference in actual audio quality. Watched Baraka 8k UltraDigital version and it was stunning even on a 720p display.

The 2310CI does not disappoint.

Audio + Video = Bliss
post #5216 of 7224 Old 08-21-2010, 03:08 PM
585-645-1006

Another plus is the "slim" supports HDMI-CEC so you should be able to control the ON/OFF and volume.

"JD" –

post #5217 of 7224 Old 08-22-2010, 04:45 AM

Hi All

New to this forum, but absolutely thrilled I found it. Got a new 2310 (in Australia) 2 weeks ago and thought I was going mad or didn't read the manual from another planet correctly.

Problems as follows:
Samsung BD-C5500 blu-ray/HDMI "no audio"'
Occasional crackle in rear right surround, or do different DVD's actually run the same track!!!!!!!
On 3 occasions receiver has had no sound after adjustments unless turned off, left for a few minutes and ok when on again.

Firmware is - 00.64/00.24

I'm going to give the distributor here a call to see what we can do to sort it.

Question is - how long ago was this version of firmware released (I want to work out how long the dealer was sitting on the stock for) and if the US upgrades are available here should they sort the issues?

Apart from that it's a great replacement for an old HK and drives the Niles ceiling speakers well. Or is it the SVS sub hanging off that makes the ceilings sound that good!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Theo
post #5218 of 7224 Old 08-22-2010, 04:53 AM
585-645-1006

There are three firmware updates for the 2310 ... the first was issued in Oct/Nov 2009, the second Jan 2010 and the third in Feb 2010. If you're getting no audio from HD audio tracks from a Blu Ray when "bitstreaming" the audio (w/secondary audio set to OFF on the BDP) that was resolved with the first update. A work around is to let the BDP decode it and send it as PCM. If you're getting no audio at all even from regular DD/DTS tracks, then it could just be a settings issue. The crackling speaker issue was also resolved with the first update. Get a hold of your local Denon distributor/repair facility and see if they can provide you with the updates needed for your particular model as the US updates only apply to the USA/CA model.

At the very least, suggest you reset the microprocessor (see Owner's manual for directions) and start the setup over again.

"JD" –

post #5219 of 7224 Old 08-22-2010, 05:06 AM

Thanks for the print response!
To clarify, the audio with blu-ray cakes back on when I switch to another input and back again.
According to the serial number I think the build date is Nov-09.
Could the update have been post build date?
post #5220 of 7224 Old 08-22-2010, 06:19 AM
585-645-1006

Your firmware version # indicates your unit does not have any new firmware updates installed, likely the last build group mfr'd prior to including the 1st update. All newer 2310's (mfr'd after 1/10) already have the 1st and 2nd updates installed when built.

"JD" –

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page