just some casual observations over and above all the other lovely good things already packed into it.
1. sadly...right out of the box, no subwoofer output...have tried everything under the sun including full reset and even a different subwoofer. (I saw some people post about problems of their own earlier but did not see any followup resolutions...not sure how common it is or isn't. Likely going into shop before week is out)
2. would have been nice to amend channel levels unique to each surround mode (like my ancient HK)
3. would have been really really nice to have channel level changes unique to each source input (like my ancient HK)
4. surprised how slow video conversions take...switching to a source that requires upconverting takes 6-8 seconds before I see picture. Seems to me that DirecTV receivers, TV's, streaming software, etc (for example) can almost do this on the fly...yes ?
(must have something to do with factoring in the overlay capability maybe)
5. ability to change volume increase increments would also have been nice...with it only increasing by .5db, you have to hold button down to really get anywhere...and then it roars past target once it takes off.
Not complaining (other than the sub !!) just things I noticed thus far, some of which I could really have used.
If I find out anything useful or interesting re the subwoofer output, I'll post followup...I'm guessing it's going to be pre-amp or jack or solder or some such thing.
ps...indirectly related, as wonderful as the streamlined connectivity and single output to TV is, I really miss being able to tweak all the video settings on the TV for each source (when outputs were routed individually to it)....oh well, what can ya do ?!?!