Forum Jump: 

post #7201 of 7217 Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
^^
If the Audyssey mic from the 590 is causing the same error when used with the 890, then try resetting the microprocessor of the 890 (p. 68 Owner's manual).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7202 of 7217 Old 07-14-2014, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
If the Audyssey mic from the 590 is causing the same error when used with the 890, then try resetting the microprocessor of the 890 (p. 68 Owner's manual).
I did reset the microprocessor before I connected the 890, but I guess I can try it again.

Just as clarification, the Audyssey mic works fine with the 590, I ended up rerunning the MultiEq again on the 590 just to fully verify.........

Thanks for the help.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
post #7203 of 7217 Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 PM
585-645-1006

If the 890 Audyssey mic works fine with the 590, then that confirms no mic issue. If the reset doesn't resolve the issue, then either use without Audyssey or replace with newer model and use 890 for Zone 2.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #7204 of 7217 Old 07-14-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
If the 890 Audyssey mic works fine with the 590, then that confirms no mic issue. If the reset doesn't resolve the issue, then either use without Audyssey or replace with newer model and use 890 for Zone 2.
The reset did not resolve the issue, same error message. I'm wondering if the speakers could have been wired out of phase, and perhaps causing an issue.

post #7205 of 7217 Old 07-14-2014, 02:03 PM
585-645-1006

^^
There is a separate "out of phase" error. The error you got points to either defective speakers all together or an issue with the AVR. As you connected another set of speakers and got the same error, more likely an issue with the 890 itself. Try resetting the 890 at least 4-5 times in a row and see if that helps.

post #7206 of 7217 Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
^^
There is a separate "out of phase" error. The error you got points to either defective speakers all together or an issue with the AVR. As you connected another set of speakers and got the same error, more likely an issue with the 890 itself. Try resetting the 890 at least 4-5 times in a row and see if that helps.
Thanks again. I've read about the resetting multiple times, to cure many issues. I'm wondering if there is simply an issue with the set up mic jack.......

I'll try the reset 4-5 times first, I'll post my results. Again, thanks

post #7207 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 06:01 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Analog inputs are NOT assignable, so they will only play on the input they are labeled with. So you can't use the CD analog input with the DVR input name.

If you want to mix video with analog audio you need to match the assignment of the video to the name that is stuck with the given analog input. Then as noted above set input mode to analog for that input source to force analog audio.
OK.

So, if i get it correctly:
If i have a source like CD, and have dedicated an optical input for it, then i could maybe connect the analog outputs from the wireless audiosource to the analog input on the receiver, and play the sound from that source by selecting source CD on the receiver, and then select Analog input. (With the drawback that when i want to use the CD and it's optical input, i will have to switch to digital (with the remote).

I seem to have run out of analog inputs otherwise, all of the sources are somehow connected to digital audio input:

SAT/CBL: HDMI2/Opt1 (Satbox1)
DVR: HDMI3/Opt3 (Satbox2)
DVD: HDMI1 (BDplayer)
CD: Opt2 (BDPlayer)
Phono: Empty
Tuner: internal

Which leaves me with VCR as input, but as i wrote, i get this humming sound, using analog input, and the humming is there even when the inputs are disconnected. And i have still not reset the receiver...
post #7208 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansj View Post
OK.

So, if i get it correctly:
If i have a source like CD, and have dedicated an optical input for it, then i could maybe connect the analog outputs from the wireless audiosource to the analog input on the receiver, and play the sound from that source by selecting source CD on the receiver, and then select Analog input. (With the drawback that when i want to use the CD and it's optical input, i will have to switch to digital (with the remote).

I seem to have run out of analog inputs otherwise, all of the sources are somehow connected to digital audio input:

SAT/CBL: HDMI2/Opt1 (Satbox1)
DVR: HDMI3/Opt3 (Satbox2)
DVD: HDMI1 (BDplayer)
CD: Opt2 (BDPlayer)
Phono: Empty
Tuner: internal

Which leaves me with VCR as input, but as i wrote, i get this humming sound, using analog input, and the humming is there even when the inputs are disconnected. And i have still not reset the receiver...
Hi hansj, I would think if both BDPlayer and AudioPro receiver are using same CD input name (digital and analog) and you only run one at time, the receiver should automatically pick the one that is on (with Input Mode set to Auto).

Or another option, is the TV input name being used? If not, reassign the BDPlayer Opt2 from CD to TV and connect the AudioPro receiver to CD analog.
post #7209 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi hansj, I would think if both BDPlayer and AudioPro receiver are using same CD input name (digital and analog) and you only run one at time, the receiver should automatically pick the one that is on (with Input Mode set to Auto).

Or another option, is the TV input name being used? If not, reassign the BDPlayer Opt2 from CD to TV and connect the AudioPro receiver to CD analog.
Many thanks, that worked as i wanted it!

I just tried the first suggestion so far. (Never really understood what the Auto mode was for, but now i know!)

I might try the other setup, as i then can have other settings per source, but for now, this'll do.

However, i still have a slight humming, quite high frequenzy, hearable from the ananlog source, even without the analog cables attached. Not as bad as the VCR analog, but still. Would a reset of the receiver possibly cure this? Sounds strange, but if experience says so, then i'll try.
post #7210 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
However, i still have a slight humming, quite high frequenzy, hearable from the ananlog source, even without the analog cables attached. Not as bad as the VCR analog, but still. Would a reset of the receiver possibly cure this? Sounds strange, but if experience says so, then i'll try.
Suggest removing one of the Satbox (or both) from the receiver to see if the humming goes away before a reset.

Curious, why you have Satbox connection with HDMI and Optical? And I don't believe the receiver has Opt3.
post #7211 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Suggest removing one of the Satbox (or both) from the receiver to see if the humming goes away before a reset.

Curious, why you have Satbox connection with HDMI and Optical? And I don't believe the receiver has Opt3.
Hum is most probably caused by a ground loop in the household. It typically builds up as a loop when the Mains ground of the power company and the ground of the Cable TV company are on different potential. I had the same symptom, and the solution was to buy a surge protector power strip that also runs the TV coax cable through.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.de/Belkin-Heimkino...s=belkin+surge

As regards the HDMI + optical I have the same setup, coz in some countries the cable company only provides 2.0 ch stereo via HDMI and a separate optical cable is needed from cable box. This is explicitly described on the homepage of my cable TV provider (UPC) which I had no way but to follow.

The European version of AVR-2310 has three optical connectors, 2 inputs and 1 output (for DVR recording).

Hans, you may get more help in the Hum FAQ thread (link in my sig).

Last edited by mogorf; 07-27-2014 at 09:06 AM.
post #7212 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
As regards the HDMI + optical I have the same setup, coz in some countries the cable company only provides 2.0 ch stereo via HDMI and a separate optical cable is needed from cable box. This is explicitly described on the homepage of my cable TV provider (UPC) which I had no way but to follow.

The European version of AVR-2310 has three optical connectors, 2 inputs and 1 output (for DVR recording).
Hi Feri, ah I missed hansj location.
post #7213 of 7217 Old 07-27-2014, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Feri, ah I missed hansj location.
Hi JChin, I can't blame you.
post #7214 of 7217 Old Yesterday, 01:56 AM

Thanks a lot for the advices.
Correct with the satboxes.
My 2310 actually has 3 Opt inputs, 2 on the rear, and one in the front.
post #7215 of 7217 Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the advices.
Correct with the satboxes.
My 2310 actually has 3 Opt inputs, 2 on the rear, and one in the front.
My bad. Had to check it and mine also has an opt input on the front behind the pop-off plastic cover which I never used for anything. Thanks Hans.
post #7216 of 7217 Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have a pair of Yamaha NS-AW150BL out on my deck, that are connected to zone 2 on my 890. They sound okay, but I was hoping they would sound a little better. I was thinking maybe they are under powered since they are hooked up to zone 2? I have an old Sony STR-DE310 laying around, so would it be better to run the Yamaha's off of that receiver? Here are the specs on the speakers and receiver:

Sony STR-DE310 Specifications

Audio power specifications
POWER OUTPUT AND TOTAL
HARMONIC DISTORTION
With 8-ohm load, both
channels driven, from 20 -
20,000 Hz, rated 100 watts
per channel minimum RMS
power, with no more than
0.1 % total harmonic
distortion from 250
milliwatts to rated output.

Amplifier section

Dynamic power
output
Frequency
response
USA model:
8 ohms: 150 W + 150 W
4 ohms: 210 W + 210 W

Yamaha NS-AW150BL Specifications

Recommended Usage Indoor / Outdoor Front / Surround Speakers
Type Accoustic Suspension Design
Woofers 5" High Compliance
Tweeters 1/2" PEI Dome
Magnetic Shielding Yes
Frequency Response 55 Hz - 40 kHz
Sensitivity 85 dB / 2.83 V / 1 m
Input Power (Maximum / Nominal) 120 W / 35 W
Impedance 6 Ohms
post #7217 of 7217 Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post
I have an old Sony STR-DE310 laying around, so would it be better to run the Yamaha's off of that receiver?
Hi biglen,

If I were you I would simply hook up both configurations one by one and decide for myself. You and your ears are the judge.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page