*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 2310CI / 890 Owner's Thread - Page 244 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #7291 of 7319 Old 05-24-2015, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Hi hdtv_1080p,

This is what the Manual of our 2310 says about red light blinking. Does the power indicator blink at an interval of 0.5 secs or at 2 secs?

Thanks mogorf!

I disconnected everything and tried no luck. Same thing is happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7292 of 7319 Old 05-24-2015, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv_1080p View Post
Thanks mogorf!

I disconnected everything and tried no luck. Same thing is happening.
Yeah, I u'stand, but does it blink at 0.5 or at 2 secs?
post #7293 of 7319 Old 05-24-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I u'stand, but does it blink at 0.5 or at 2 secs?
Blinks every 0.5 seconds.
post #7294 of 7319 Old 05-24-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Blinks every 0.5 seconds.
Anything you can identify as per the description of the Manual?
post #7295 of 7319 Old 05-24-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Anything you can identify as per the description of the Manual?
I have exhausted all troubleshooting scenarios from the manual still same problem. From the clicking noise it's making sounds like not enough power is coming from the power supply. I have read online it's called red light of death. In-fact this receiver is hardly used, it's was only running 3.1 before it went dead.
post #7296 of 7319 Old 05-24-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have exhausted all troubleshooting scenarios from the manual still same problem. From the clicking noise it's making sounds like not enough power is coming from the power supply. I have read online it's called red light of death. In-fact this receiver is hardly used, it's was only running 3.1 before it went dead.
I feel for you, espesially that I have had mine for the past 6 years without a problem. Probably time to call Denon A/S.

Definitely report back with the solution, please.

Take care and be well.
post #7297 of 7319 Old 08-28-2015, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsduke View Post
What is the newest firmware for the 2310CI?<br><br>
.79?
What is the latest firmware for the EU 2310 model? I have version 0.69 installed recently but the Denon site could not find this model with my serial number. Could someone please download it from the European site and email it to me or post it up>

Thanks.
post #7298 of 7319 Old 08-29-2015, 02:54 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7363 Post(s)
Liked: 3393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwild View Post
What is the latest firmware for the EU 2310 model? I have version 0.69 installed recently but the Denon site could not find this model with my serial number. Could someone please download it from the European site and email it to me or post it up>

Thanks.
AFAIK, the latest version as of Jan 2010 is Main Version: 0.69 Sub Version: 00:34.

It would not be advisable to load firmware developed for a European model to a USA model. Please review the post linked below and PM me with a non-gmail email address for the USA update.

*OFFICIAL* Denon AVR 2310CI / 890 Owner's Thread

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #7299 of 7319 Old 09-19-2015, 01:37 PM

Liked: 2
I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but hopefully someone can help me out...

I have an Amazon Fire TV stick which I've plugged directly into my Denon 2310. Unfortunately, when I try to play a program with Dolby Digital Plus audio, I only get sound through the centre channel :-( Using one of the 'SIMU' audio processing modes gets me sound through all speakers, but it really doesn't sound too good. The Fire TV Stick allows me to switch to stereo output only, but it would be a shame to have to do that.

So, when I am playing back a DD+ source:

The blue 'HD Audio' indicator light comes on the front of the Denon.
The 'DD+' graphic is displayed.
When I select 'STD' mode, I see the text 'Dolby Digital +' on the front panel. All six input channel indicator lights on the left of the display. I see all five output indicator lights on the right of the display.
When I select 'Direct' mode, I see the same.
Selecting 'Information->Audio Input Signal' in the Denon menu shows 'Signal' as 'Dolby Digital +', 'fs' as 48kHz and 'Format' as '3/2/.1'

The receiver seems to be giving all the correct signs, but I only get sound through the centre speaker.

Does anyone have any clues?
post #7300 of 7319 Old 09-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 30
^^Does it happen all across the board with Amazon TV or just using 'DD+' from the stick? If not, it seemed like the settings are within the Fire Stick. Some of these devices are rather quirky. For example, if I set the sound option on my Roku 3 to 'Auto Detect' it would still playing DD 5.1 but eventually will divert everything to Stereo after a few hours, unless I manually choose 'HDMI, DD+DTS'. Go in to Settings and tweak sound options and see if there's any changes or improvements.
post #7301 of 7319 Old 09-19-2015, 03:41 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
^^Does it happen all across the board with Amazon TV or just using 'DD+' from the stick? If not, it seemed like the settings are within the Fire Stick. Some of these devices are rather quirky. For example, if I set the sound option on my Roku 3 to 'Auto Detect' it would still playing DD 5.1 but eventually will divert everything to Stereo after a few hours, unless I manually choose 'HDMI, DD+DTS'. Go in to Settings and tweak sound options and see if there's any changes or improvements.
Thanks for the reply. My first question, seven and a half years after registering, and I figure out the answer myself I did a microprocessor reset (the first one I've ever done on the unit) and now Dolby Digital+ works as expected I had a similar audio problem when using the Amazon Video app on my PS3, but I suspect that will have been fixed too.

Thanks.
mogorf and Squirrel! like this.
post #7302 of 7319 Old 09-19-2015, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbelson View Post
Thanks for the reply. My first question, seven and a half years after registering, and I figure out the answer myself I did a microprocessor reset (the first one I've ever done on the unit) and now Dolby Digital+ works as expected I had a similar audio problem when using the Amazon Video app on my PS3, but I suspect that will have been fixed too.

Thanks.
Hi jonbelson,

Just read your post, but you beat me with the solution I would have offered, i.e. a total factory reset. Nonetheless, as another proud owner of the 2310 I'm glad to see you could have solved the issue. Thanks for your help!! Enjoy the Denon 2310!

P.s.: You will now need to re-run Audyssey MultEQ!
post #7303 of 7319 Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 AM
loy

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,

My connection is Sat Box <-HDMI-> AVR2310 <-HDMI-> LG LM6410 TV
I have an issue with my Sat Box streaming the HDMI audio to my AVR.
Sometimes, No Audio is heard on my AVR, but rather it is like AVR bypassed and streamed to my LG TV instead.
I can get back audio on my AVR if I switch off my LG TV.

In order to totally workaround this issue, I need to reboot my Sat Box while my AVR and TV is on.

Pls advise what could be wrong.

My AVR2310 is running with old FW: Main#64 Sub#24.
post #7304 of 7319 Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 AM
loy

HDMI audio bypassed on my AVR

Hi,

Sometimes, No Audio is heard on my AVR, but rather it is like AVR bypassed and streamed to my LG TV instead.

In order to totally workaround this issue, I need to reboot my Sat Box while my AVR and TV is on.

post #7305 of 7319 Old 11-21-2015, 08:34 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by loy View Post
Hi,

HDMI handshake issues (audio/video) can often times be mitigated by powering on the devices in a specific order, generally TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, then finally the cable box/source device. In some cases a longer pause time is required between each power on. If still no joy, then try also connecting an optical cable from the cable box to the AVR - OPT1 and change the INPUT MODE for the CBL/SAT source to "Digital."

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #7306 of 7319 Old 11-21-2015, 08:53 AM
loy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HDMI handshake issues (audio/video) can often times be mitigated by powering on the devices in a specific order, generally TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, then finally the cable box/source device. In some cases a longer pause time is required between each power on. If still no joy, then try also connecting an optical cable from the cable box to the AVR - OPT1 and change the INPUT MODE for the CBL/SAT source to "Digital."
Thanks for your superbly quick reply.
Unfortunately, all devices are turned on at the same time due to my power switch. SAT box is on and stays On. TV and AVR are turned on but in Standby Mode.
So technically speaking, based on the sequence of events, the Sat Box is the first to be on.

This Sat Box has no optical output and a non-working SPDIF coax.

Unfortunately, it leaves me with not much choices. I can only reboot my Sat Box.
post #7307 of 7319 Old 11-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, all devices are turned on at the same time due to my power switch. SAT box is on and stays On. TV and AVR are turned on but in Standby Mode.
So technically speaking, based on the sequence of events, the Sat Box is the first to be on.

Unfortunately, it leaves me with not much choices. I can only reboot my Sat Box.
Simplest thing to remember: Denon AVR should be the last one to turn on. Anytime when you shut off the tv and turn it back on, you will lose audio. In order to correct the problem, you'd have to power the avr off then ON to properly get home theater sound.
My remote is set to 'simultaneously' turn on: Cable Box, TV. I leave the AVR to its own remote because I don't always use it unless I am watching a movie or something interesting comes on.
post #7308 of 7319 Old 11-21-2015, 06:13 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Easy enough to troubleshoot by simply manually powering on each device rather than relying on the power switch.

------------

post #7309 of 7319 Old 01-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello,

For those who have successfully updated firmware on the 2310CI via RS-232, is there a particular mode or setting that needs to be configured to enable serial connection? I'm trying to update to the latest firmware and cannot get a connection between the D&M downloader and the AVR. Wanted to check here first before I begin evaluating cables, usb to serial adapters and OS.

Thanks.
post #7310 of 7319 Old 01-08-2016, 09:34 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrixscu View Post
Hello,

For those who have successfully updated firmware on the 2310CI via RS-232, is there a particular mode or setting that needs to be configured to enable serial connection? I'm trying to update to the latest firmware and cannot get a connection between the D&M downloader and the AVR. Wanted to check here first before I begin evaluating cables, usb to serial adapters and OS.

Thanks.
You may need a driver for the cable you're using. Also, be sure to read the instruction PDF in it's entirety as it does provide an alternate method of doing the update should the primary method fail.

------------

post #7311 of 7319 Old 01-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
You may need a driver for the cable you're using. Also, be sure to read the instruction PDF in it's entirety as it does provide an alternate method of doing the update should the primary method fail.
Got it. Comm is working between the USB->RS232 through D&M updater if I short the TX/RX pins, so it seems to be the unit itself. Thanks for the note.

*Edit: Swapped pins 2 and 3 on DB9 connection and was able to get connection and updated successfully.

Last edited by citrixscu; 01-10-2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Update
post #7312 of 7319 Old 01-21-2016, 07:36 PM

Liked: 0
Is it still possible to get the firmware files from someone? I just joined so I can't PM anyone until I do 15 posts. I'd really like to upgrade my firmware on the 2310CI. I have the cables I need since I've worked on other sound equipment in the past and have had to buy them. I'm hoping it will fix the issue I am having with Netflix having random audio issues on occasion since it sounds like the firmware patches fixed this.
post #7313 of 7319 Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Snelling View Post
Is it still possible to get the firmware files from someone? I just joined so I can't PM anyone until I do 15 posts. I'd really like to upgrade my firmware on the 2310CI. I have the cables I need since I've worked on other sound equipment in the past and have had to buy them. I'm hoping it will fix the issue I am having with Netflix having random audio issues on occasion since it sounds like the firmware patches fixed this.
Using a non-gmail or non-edu email address, send your request to me at jd@avscience.com. As this firmware is dated 2010, not likely to resolve the Netflix issue.

------------

post #7314 of 7319 Old 01-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

JD should be able to send you the file. I updated mine four years ago.

post #7315 of 7319 Old 02-05-2016, 06:13 PM

no audio until Dial.Norm

I previously had the HDMI from my DirecTV box to my 2310 input then output to the TV - with no problems. I recently changed my setup to use an optical cable from the sat box to the AVR and HDMI from the sat box to the TV to allow me to use the radio and TV at the same time. After doing so I have a new problem: I've always used a harmony remote to turn everything on and now when I do - I get no audio from the 2310 for about 60s or so, then the audio turns on and the message Dial.Norm displays showing the offset. Any ideas?
post #7316 of 7319 Old Yesterday, 05:08 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsvo View Post
I previously had the HDMI from my DirecTV box to my 2310 input then output to the TV - with no problems. I recently changed my setup to use an optical cable from the sat box to the AVR and HDMI from the sat box to the TV to allow me to use the radio and TV at the same time. After doing so I have a new problem: I've always used a harmony remote to turn everything on and now when I do - I get no audio from the 2310 for about 60s or so, then the audio turns on and the message Dial.Norm displays showing the offset. Any ideas?
Dialnorm is simply an effect embedded into DD audio so although you may be just noticing it now for the first time, it should not be causing any problems, so not sure why it would take 60 secs for the audio to kick in. Have you reprogrammed to the Harmony to account for the new input being used on the AVR?

------------

post #7317 of 7319 Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't quite get what you're trying to say here. Why do you need to use an Optical cable [from your SAT box] to listen to the radio??? Are you trying watch TV and have the radio on at the same time? Where is the optical cable assigned to? If you input it to the same source as your TV then it could be 'stacked' thus causing the delay. If so you might want to re-assign the optical cable to another input. But I'm still kind of confused of what you're trying to do.
post #7318 of 7319 Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Dialnorm is simply an effect embedded into DD audio so although you may be just noticing it now for the first time, it should not be causing any problems, so not sure why it would take 60 secs for the audio to kick in. Have you reprogrammed to the Harmony to account for the new input being used on the AVR?
Yes, the remote brings everything on properly, I only mentioned it because it was suggested somewhere in this thread that the sequence of turning devices on could cause problems. I just went and turned the 2310 on to get exact text "SAT/CBL" for my reply below, and I turned the 2310 on first then after it was booted, I turned on the SAT box and sound came on immediately. Perhaps this is my problem, I'll try manually doing this a few times over the next couple of days and see - and also see if I can change the sequence on my harmony remote to see if it fixes the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
Why do you need to use an Optical cable [from your SAT box] to listen to the radio??? Are you trying watch TV and have the radio on at the same time? Where is the optical cable assigned to? If you input it to the same source as your TV then it could be 'stacked' thus causing the delay. If so you might want to re-assign the optical cable to another input. But I'm still kind of confused of what you're trying to do.
I read in the FAQ of this forum to make this change to allow me to have the TV on playing video but to be able to listen to the audio of a different source, ie Radio and yes at the same time. The TV has 2 HDMI inputs,
1. one comes from the 2310: used for DVD player and Xbox
2. One comes from the Satbox directly. In Sat/CBL mode, the 2310 only plays audio from the optical cable, with no video connected.
post #7319 of 7319 Old Today, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, the remote brings everything on properly, I only mentioned it because it was suggested somewhere in this thread that the sequence of turning devices on could cause problems. I just went and turned the 2310 on to get exact text "SAT/CBL" for my reply below, and I turned the 2310 on first then after it was booted, I turned on the SAT box and sound came on immediately. Perhaps this is my problem, I'll try manually doing this a few times over the next couple of days and see - and also see if I can change the sequence on my harmony remote to see if it fixes the problem.

I read in the FAQ of this forum to make this change to allow me to have the TV on playing video but to be able to listen to the audio of a different source, ie Radio and yes at the same time. The TV has 2 HDMI inputs,
1. one comes from the 2310: used for DVD player and Xbox
2. One comes from the Satbox directly. In Sat/CBL mode, the 2310 only plays audio from the optical cable, with no video connected.
This shouldn't affect the 'stereo system' but you might want to look at the audio settings from your Sat box. They usually have different sound options - HDMI plus separate digital settings, usually labeled as 'Dolby Digital', etc. If that doesn't change (it usually does), then select 'EXT IN' for the Optical source on the 2310, where connected. But I'd definitely look at the second option.
From your remote:
Press Menu>Input Setup>Input Mode>toggle to 'Ext IN'

Last edited by 80sGuy; Today at 03:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page