post #151 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredT View Post

This is my first experience using Audyssey. Am I correct in assuming that Dynamic EQ should always be left on? Are there any situations where it is best to leave it off? How about Dynamic Volume: under what circumstances is it turned on? Thanks.

It is very much a subjective thing, the only real rule about turning it off/on is "does it sound good to you"?

Initially, I would leave Dynamic EQ on and Dynamic Volume off (which is the default setting post-Audyssey) just to let your ears get used to the new sound, as Dynamic EQ can sound very strange at first.

In general, Dynamic EQ should sound awesome with film content; the way to test out your system is with a good Blu-Ray or DVD (because movies are mixed to a consistent, specified "reference" standard) and see if everything has good dynamics and tonal balance.

For TV and music, you may find excess / exagerrated bass with Dynamic EQ as, again, these sources may be mixed "hot" or with non-standard reference levels. If this is the case, try experimenting with the "Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset" value in the "Surround Parameters > Audyssey Settings" menu. You may find that offsetting your cable box / CD player by "-10db" or even "-15" will provide a more pleasing overall tonal balance.

What you may find (as ezatnova has) is that with certain sources Dynamic EQ just sound terrible, and you should turn it off in these situations.

Finally, you should experiment with Dynamic Volume either (1) if you find when watching TV that you are really annoyed by fluctuating levels between commercials and programming and (2) if you find yourself constantly jumping for the volume on the remote when watching a movie (e.g. you raise the volume to hear the dialogue and then the explosions start and the wife starts yelling at you to turn it down).

The best way to test it is to find a passage that is really bad in terms of big dynamic swings, for example if you are watching TV and it goes from the program to the commercial and gets super loud... just rewind the DVR and then replay that passage a few times with Dynamic Volume set alternately at "Midnight, Evening, Day" modes and find the "sweet spot" where you still preserve the dynamics but control the major volume swings. Most people find that the "Evening" setting provides the best overall effect, but you should play around with it.

---------------

PERSONALLY -- this is how MY setup works but you should really experiment for yourself:

1. with cable TV, I watch with Dynamic EQ + Volume on "Evening" the vast majority of the time. I also have my cable box offset by -10dB to control some of the bass bloat on badly mastered channels.

2. with music, I listen with Dynamic EQ only (Dynamic Volume really constricts music range) and have the offset turned to the max -12dB (on your newer '10 model you can actually set it at -15dB). I will occasionally turn on Dynamic Volume if I'm listening to music late at night and don't want to wake the wife.

3. for movies (Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, SD DVD) I leave Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume on at all times, and I have my Harmony programmed with "Day/Evening/Midnight" buttons so I can pick whatever I want on the fly. I leave the offset at "0" since everything sounds perfect with movie content. If I'm watching a movie with the wife I don't even bother with the "Day" setting, I just put it on "Evening" and then I don't have to mess with the volume and my wife doesn't yell at me to turn it down

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering upgrading to the 2310ci/890 from a Onkyo 606. The Onkyo's buzzing problems with my PS3 are driving me crazy, and I would like to step up to MultiEQ from 2EQ. I know this receiver is fairly new, but has anyone encountered any problems with the 2310 when used with a PS3, or any problems with the 2310 in general?

If not, I need to convince my wife to let me shell out the money for the upgrade. This may be difficult considering I just got a set of Ascend speakers and a SVS PC13-Ultra.
post #153 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

well, that's easy, you can tell her that Audyssey 2EQ doesn't EQ the sub channel at all, and with this monster new sub you really NEED to get full MultEQ for its high-resolution subwoofer filters so you can tame this new beast. what wife would not respond to this logic?

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #154 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

It is very much a subjective thing, the only real rule about turning it off/on is "does it sound good to you"?
---------------

PERSONALLY -- this is how MY setup works but you should really experiment for yourself:

1. with cable TV, I watch with Dynamic EQ + Volume on "Evening" the vast majority of the time. I also have my cable box offset by -10dB to control some of the bass bloat on badly mastered channels.

2. with music, I listen with Dynamic EQ only (Dynamic Volume really constricts music range) and have the offset turned to the max -12dB (on your newer '10 model you can actually set it at -15dB). I will occasionally turn on Dynamic Volume if I'm listening to music late at night and don't want to wake the wife.

3. for movies (Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, SD DVD) I leave Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume on at all times, and I have my Harmony programmed with "Day/Evening/Midnight" buttons so I can pick whatever I want on the fly. I leave the offset at "0" since everything sounds perfect with movie content. If I'm watching a movie with the wife I don't even bother with the "Day" setting, I just put it on "Evening" and then I don't have to mess with the volume and my wife doesn't yell at me to turn it down

Very cool, what a great answer! I've got to say it again, thank you so very much.

First of all, I have to say that I've clearly been missing a lot from movies. I am amazed at the sound I've gotten from every movie I've sampled so far, with one exception that I'll come back to. The low end in particular is great. I haven't heard a greta deal of difference between turning Dynamic EQ on or off, nor for that matter Dynamic Volume on or off with the Day setting. I'm hoping that the Evening or Midnight setting will solve the problem I have when I watch movies with my wife: she consistently has me turn down the volume when the action gets heavy, but then I have to turn it back up when dialog comes back.

The only problem I've encountered is with "LOTR, Return of the King". Dialog didn't sound very good with it. Everything else I've tried sounds good, so maybe it's just that movie. But maybe I didn't get Audyssey set up correctly. Here's what I did:

After doing the automatic setup, I found that my front and center speaker had been set to "Large" with crossover frequency of 40 Hz. I changed them to "Small" with a crossover frequency of 100 Hz. Is that correct?

Now I just have to get your 3808 commands into my Harmony One. I emailed them several days ago, but no response yet.
post #155 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 03:59 PM

Hah, I doubt that excuse will fly. She already doesn't understand why I spent so long listening to pink noise to make sure my speakers were all calibrated correctly. Maybe if I can get her to hear the buzzing from my speakers she will be just as annoyed as I am...

Quote:

well, that's easy, you can tell her that Audyssey 2EQ doesn't EQ the sub channel at all, and with this monster new sub you really NEED to get full MultEQ for its high-resolution subwoofer filters so you can tame this new beast. what wife would not respond to this logic?

post #156 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophcy0 View Post

I am considering upgrading to the 2310ci/890 from a Onkyo 606. The Onkyo's buzzing problems with my PS3 are driving me crazy, and I would like to step up to MultiEQ from 2EQ. I know this receiver is fairly new, but has anyone encountered any problems with the 2310 when used with a PS3, or any problems with the 2310 in general?

I am finding that the PS3 will create a low buzzing with the 2310, and it didn't with my 1909 (last years lower model).

Now: It might be cuz I just set it up and I haven't tweaked all the settings right, but I haven't gotten a response from anyone here (nudge nudge batpig heheh) yet.

I dunno why the 2310 would have this issue and not the 1909, which is why I think i just need to tweak some settings...

-=derek=-
post #157 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DPiddy=- View Post

I used to have a 1909, but after the power supply busted 3 times in the last 6 months, I opted to exchange it for a 2310.

Initially you indicated that the repair facility found no problems with the 1909 (they suggested it was a bad HDMI cable). You never posted beyond that until now. Are you saying that you returned it (3) more times and they then found a bad power supply each time, replacing it each time?

---------------------------------
"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #158 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Got a big problem. i have 2 890 sitting here and both give me the same issue. i have a ps3 and a sammy bdp3600 both pumping out the fullest 1080p. on both i get sparkles on the screen. im running a sammy 52b750, xbox 360, dtv hddvr, wii, and psx2 ipod dock. everything works flawless but when the ps3 or sammy are set to 1080p i get tons of white sparkles on the screen. ive tried everything. different inputs, new cables, new receptacle for power, cutting on and off of all the video setting in the receiver and players. and no love. my equipment is in a closet and im connecting then to tv with a 30ft keydigital hdmi cable(expensive). all components connect to the receiver with 6ft monster cables. only way to get them to go away is to set their resolution to 1080i.when i plug the players directly to the tv with the 30 ft keydigital the 1080p setting works no problem. can this 890 not handle all this? anyone else had any issues? my onkyo 706 had all this plugged to it and had no problems. this equipment is mine and i don't want to run into this problem in the field.

any help would be appreciated!
post #159 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:

If this is the case, try experimenting with the "Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset" value in the "Surround Parameters > Audyssey Settings" menu.

Batpig, I know this is the wrong thread (and that you don't have a 3808) but do you know if there is a way to adjust the Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset in my 3808? I can view the offset by pressing the Select button but in my "Surround Parameters" under "Audyssey Settings" there is no way to adjust it. I'll post in the 3808 thread if you don't know.
post #160 of 7224 Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Initially you indicated that the repair facility found no problems with the 1909 (they suggested it was a bad HDMI cable). You never posted beyond that until now. Are you saying that you returned it (3) more times and they then found a bad power supply each time, replacing it each time?

Heya jdsmoothie: It's been a long 3+ months sending back the 1909 to three different repair shops (the first place that said it could be HDMI - the repair shot was getting shut down, so I am SURE they just BS'd me and told me to pick it up before they shut down). The other place soldered a piece in the power supply, and said it was a blatant issue that would have caused exactly what I reported it doing (since by the time I sent it to them, it didn't even turn on at all anymore). The reciever kept clicking on an off after a couple days, so they said it coulda be my wiring and/or my speakers. Since I had a career in Quality Assurance, I tested all my wires, and all my speakers, and still couldnt find anything wrong with them. So I sent in all my speakers, wries, and the reciever this time (kinda sucked cuz I got a couple scratches on my speakers during the transfer)... So they tested everything and the speakers and wiring are good. They were going to try and fix it again, but after talking to the dealer at the store, they agreed to just replace it. So they said since they didn't have any 1909s in (and I wanted something to watch UFC 100 with) they gave me the option of paying the difference for a 2310, which I did.

I would like to keep the 2310 if I can get rid of the buzzing in the PS3, and get the iPod dock sounding good.

-=D=-
post #161 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

DPiddy -- sorry, I've never heard of PS3 "buzzing" problems, I have no idea what it could be.... believe it or not, I don't know the answer to EVERY problem!

haaz -- the 890 of course SHOULD be able to handle 1080p, it has a very powerful and cutting edge video processor. what you are experiencing is of course not normal behavior. You aren't the first to complain of "sparkles" though, hopefully it's a rare thing and not some inherent problem... try playing with the video processor settings, including turning Video Conversion on/off, adjusting the i/p scaler settings, etc.

BeckMule -- the "Reference Level Offset" does the exact same thing as simply lowering the "Source Level" for a given input. For the new '10 models (actually in response to discussion here on AVS according to Chris/Audyssey) Denon put it in the Surround Parameters menu so it would be easier to access and have an explanation in the manual (as opposed to being a backdoor trick that you had to learn by reading about it on the internet). I explain this pretty well in the "taming the bass" portion of the Audyssey section of my FAQ: http://batpigworld.com/fadq.html#audyssey

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #162 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 AM

Hey Batpig!

Source Level for each Individual Input!
I just re-read the Denon-To-English manual: Thanks for the updates, as I am going to try setting the Source Level to -10dB for the TV Input as well as for the iPod dock (I shouldn't need to for the PS3/DVDs, eh?).

Advanced Crossover Frequency Setting
The Advanced Crossover Frequency setting is defaulted to :
Front: 40
Center: 40
Surround: 80

Do you have any tips on how/why I would every want to change these?
(I currently have the sub set to LFE+Main @ 120Hz.)

Small or Large speakers?
Even after looking at the specs on the Paradigm speakers I bought, I am still unsure if I should switch them to small (Audessey declared them large, except for the surrounds).
Could you suggest which they should be set to?
Fronts: Paradigm Monitor 7 (Default: Large)
Center: Paradigm CC-290 (Default: Large)
Sub: Paradigm DSP-3100
Surrounds: Paradigm ADP-390 (Default: Small)

BTW: The tech that was looking at my speakers/reciever in the shop said that the center has more bass than the fronts!! Does this mean I should getting better fronts?...

Bonus Question: EXT. IN SW LEVEL
Just a quick quesshun fer my own musing: This is recommended to be set to +15: Will this affect all audio inputs? What/when would this have an effect if it were put to +10 or 0?

Thanks for being the Guru!
-=Derek=-

P.S. Love your dog! I have a 2 year old Fawn Pug, meself
post #163 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I'm looking for a new receiver to pair with my new Panasonic V10 and am considering getting this 2310. Unfortunately I live in Canada and can't get in on the 6ave deal, so I'll be basically paying close to MSRP locally, but even with that I'm liking what the Denons bring to the table. I've been looking at all the choices in this price range. I don't want an Onkyo this time around, and the Pioneer and Marantz don't seem to have per-speaker crossover adjustment (a must have for me)

The no pre-outs on the 2310 is a bummer and reduce analog input set seems like two steps back, but can probably live with it, and the rest of the feature set is complete esp all the Audyssey stuff. I have an Onkyo 875 which I will migrate to my main HT system but really liked how well Audyssey XT tuned my system and the Denon has better control of the target curves.

Definitely love the idea of Dynamic EQ. Since most of my usage on this system is late night, or low-med volume, having this is a big win for me.

I have a Reon VX in my Onkyo but I really don't find a big difference, so I don't think I really care about having decent video processing and will just likely bypass upscaling, but I like the per-input video settings.

Does passing through the video unscaled make switching resolutions any quicker at all? I really hated the really long delays with my Onkyo. And with my PS3, sometimes it wouldn't sync at all on my Onkyo-Panasonic combo for some reason. Could this be an issue with my first gen PS3?

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
post #164 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 05:36 AM

"Just to confirm ... do you have HDMI Control = ON, Standby Source set to whatever HDMI jack the HDMI source is plugged in to, and HDMI Audio Out = AMP?"

jdsmoothie. I actually have HDMI Control = On, Standby Source Set to the right jack, and HDMI Audio Out = TV/Monitor. I tried it with HDMI Audio Out = AMP and still no luck. It's surprising because it's passing Video but not Audio, I figured if I had an issue it would be with video because of HDCP or something.
post #165 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 06:19 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 1504
HDMI Audio Out = TV is only used when the AVR is ON. The default is AMP which is where is should remain, although as you said, that still doesn't solve your problem.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #166 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:

I am finding that the PS3 will create a low buzzing with the 2310, and it didn't with my 1909 (last years lower model).

Now: It might be cuz I just set it up and I haven't tweaked all the settings right, but I haven't gotten a response from anyone here (nudge nudge batpig heheh) yet.

I dunno why the 2310 would have this issue and not the 1909, which is why I think i just need to tweak some settings...

-=derek=-

Mine doesnt
post #167 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:

-=derek=-

Interference from power cable? Is it running close to your PS3 cables?
post #168 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:

well, loudness is somewhat subjective, as you say "not ridiculously loud" is going to vary from person to person. The JBL's are fairly efficient (and all of your speaker channel levels were set negative, right? which is what you would expect with big, efficient speakers) so don't be afraid to crank it up..

The speaker channel levels were all negative (-7.5 to -6.0 range) EXCEPT the subs (the front JBL S412PII's have the 12" powered sub built in, so I am running a "Y" cable off of the Sub input on the back of the receiver, and running the cables to each sub, in the front speakers. Anyway, the 890 put that channel level at "+12", which seemed a bit alarming to me (and I posted about this yesterday in the Audyssey thread). But, it sounds amazing, and this is a result of having the gain set at mid-way, as per Audyssey's instructions. So, unless I hear otherwise, I'll leave it as-is and live with the fact that it's so "amped-up". FYI, with my Kenwood, i had to put the gain to MAX on the subs to get sufficient bass...not sure why they are so stingy about kicking out bass for the monsters they are.
post #169 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 AM

Does anyone know if the Denon 1910/2310 will upscale HDMI to HDMI? (I don't believe last year's models 1909, 2309 or 2809 did this, did they?) Or does the upscaling only work from component input to HDMI? Someone said earlier that their Denon 1910 upscales after their Panasonic BDP-35k already did this. This has to mean HDMI-HDMI upconversion?

If the receiver only does component to HDMI upconversion, how do people connect their HD cable boxes to the receiver? If one uses HDMI for this, the SD channels may not get upscaled by the receiver?

Also, is there a coaxial port on these receivers to receive cable programming directly from the cable outlet (i.e. without a cable box in between). I see a coaxial input on the backpanel, but I'm not sure it is for receiving cable programming (it says FM, so I doubt it).

Finally, can someone educate me on what the "switched power outlets" are for on the Denon 1910 and 2310? Are they a convenience to turn off one more device (for eg. subwoofer) when the receiver is turned off. Is this really a big deal? (since there are many other devices likes the DVR, TV etc., that need to be turned off manually?)

Thanks for your time.
post #170 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 AM

I have my Wii connected to the DVR Component video input and the (supposedly) corresponding stereo input. When assigning inputs, I chose the V. Aux input and assigned it to component 2 and renamed it "Wii". Now when I select Wii, video comes through beautifully. However, there is not a sound to be heard. I have looked through EVERY settings option, and saw nothing to assigned the analogue stereo inputs. I assume that the Component 2 (DVR) input is linked to the Analogue Stereo input labeled (DVR), so that if I assigned an input to Component 2 it would use that analogue input for sound. Am I wrong in my assumption? How can I get sound out of this thing?

Also, there are times when I'm watching normal TV (ie, the news) when I'd like the sound to come from my normal TV speakers, and times when I'm watching TV when I'd like the sound to come from my good speakers. Is there any way I can setup my AVR to output sound to both at the same time, and just lower (or mute) the volume on the speaker that I don't want to use? If not, is there a command I can use on my Harmony (550) remote (ie "Watch TV normal", "Watch TV Surround") that can change the output on my AVR-890 on-the-fly?

My AVR is connected to my TV via HDMI-out.

Thanks in advance.
post #171 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:

If you want maximum control, just follow the link in sig -- all you have to do is call up Harmony tech support and ask them to copy my "AVR 3808CI" device profile from username "batpigworld" into your account.

Well I discovered why Logitech support hasn't responded to my email request to do the above: they no longer have email support (even though the form still exists on their web site)! That leaves only phone support as an option, and I'm not sure it's worth spending $29 to get the extra commands. Is there no way to get Logitech to make profiles like that freely available in the database?

BTW, where did the codes for the extra commands come from, since there are no buttons on the Denon remote for those functions?
post #172 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreadth View Post

I have my Wii connected to the DVR Component video input and the (supposedly) corresponding stereo input. When assigning inputs, I chose the V. Aux input and assigned it to component 2 and renamed it "Wii". Now when I select Wii, video comes through beautifully. However, there is not a sound to be heard.

I had the same problem. I believe it's because analog inputs are un-assignable.

The solution for me was to plug the Wii video into component port 1 ("DVD") and audio into the analog "DVD" input directly below it.

If you prefer to have your Wii in component input #2, put its audio into the analog "DVR" port.
post #173 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 11:45 AM

I set up my 890 over the weekend and it's pretty awesome. I love the new menus - the way they fade in and out is a nice touch too. It's a huge step up from the ancient blocky text from my old 2307CI.

I can now finally use my Xbox 360 in 1080p over component cables thanks to the HDMI conversion. My old 2307CI didn't perform the passthrough to HDMI for whatever reason.

I think I found a small bug in the firmware, believe it or not. When you toggle Audyssey Volume on or off, the volume overlay will no longer appear on screen until you switch inputs. Kind of annoying.
post #174 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timextp View Post

Does anyone know if the Denon 1910/2310 will upscale HDMI to HDMI? (I don't believe last year's models 1909, 2309 or 2809 did this, did they?) Or does the upscaling only work from component input to HDMI? Someone said earlier that their Denon 1910 upscales after their Panasonic BDP-35k already did this. This has to mean HDMI-HDMI upconversion?

If the receiver only does component to HDMI upconversion, how do people connect their HD cable boxes to the receiver? If one uses HDMI for this, the SD channels may not get upscaled by the receiver?

Also, is there a coaxial port on these receivers to receive cable programming directly from the cable outlet (i.e. without a cable box in between). I see a coaxial input on the backpanel, but I'm not sure it is for receiving cable programming (it says FM, so I doubt it).

Finally, can someone educate me on what the "switched power outlets" are for on the Denon 1910 and 2310? Are they a convenience to turn off one more device (for eg. subwoofer) when the receiver is turned off. Is this really a big deal? (since there are many other devices likes the DVR, TV etc., that need to be turned off manually?)

Thanks for your time.

I think I found the answer to my first question..

"Another feature for the AVR-1910 & AVR-2310 is HDMI to HDMI up scaling which means now a High Definition set top box signal can be connected to the receiver by HDMI and still be upscaled to 1080p as well."

If true, this is amazing. This feature AFAIK was only available on the $5200 MSRP Denon 5308ci until last year. Why isn't this feature touted more? I don't think any other brand receiver has it at this price range. Combined with a supposedly awesome Anchor Bay scaler, wouldn't this be a differentiator?

Has anyone tried the upscaling on Denon 1910 or 2310 combined with a PS3? Given PS3 is a fairly capable upscaler itself, do you see an improvement in DVD playback with the AVR in between?

Is the upscaling difference between 1910 and 2310 significant? In other words, is it a reason alone to go with the 2310?

I am still looking for an answer to my second question (coaxial input on AVR).

Thank you.
post #175 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

aflden636

Thanks so much! I just got $213 put back on my CC.
post #176 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 45

"Another feature for the AVR-1910 & AVR-2310 is HDMI to HDMI up scaling which means now a High Definition set top box signal can be connected to the receiver by HDMI and still be upscaled to 1080p as well."

timextp, where did you see this? Do you have a link?

First post here; need to learn idiosyncracies of site.
post #177 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain- View Post

timextp, where did you see this? Do you have a link?

First post here; need to learn idiosyncracies of site.

I first saw it here:

http://www.gadgetguy.com.au/denon-s-...le-6884-1.html

But now that I am looking for it, it is everywhere, including in batpig's excellent first post on this thread and the one for 1910.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10237889-1.html
post #178 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Been following this thread for awhile, but when I saw your post I was concerned as I assumed HDMI-HDMI upscaling was a default. Thanks for the links.

BTW, how do I learn to post correctly here?
post #179 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain- View Post

BTW, how do I learn to post correctly here?

What's wrong with how you are posting now?
post #180 of 7224 Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepoop View Post

I had the same problem. I believe it's because analog inputs are un-assignable.

The solution for me was to plug the Wii video into component port 1 ("DVD") and audio into the analog "DVD" input directly below it.

If you prefer to have your Wii in component input #2, put its audio into the analog "DVR" port.

If you read my post, I wrote that I am using Component 2 (DVR) and analogue (DVR). Batpig? Any thoughts on my post above?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page