Denon AVR-4810CI/AVR-4810 w/ 9.3ch, Dolby PLIIz/Audyssey DSX, October 09- - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #121 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I only see a single subwoofer output though on that one though. Although you can probably find some way to put out a full signal and use a sub's crossover too if you really wanted to. But it doesnt seem to be a multi-sub reciever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Interesting article about 1.4 and HDMI in general
post #123 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhunter View Post

A 3D BD setup will cost $$$$$ for a player, receiver, and a projector. I plan on purchasing one piece of gear at a time (I'm not rich).

Well if you get next gen of the DVD-A1UDCI (assuming it will be 3D) it should have dual HDMI. Hey I am just trying to help.

This thing has an amazing amount of flexibility. I cannot wait.
post #124 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 07:04 PM

Your Welcome!
post #125 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphasia View Post

I only see a single subwoofer output though on that one though. Although you can probably find some way to put out a full signal and use a sub's crossover too if you really wanted to. But it doesnt seem to be a multi-sub reciever.

There appear to be 14 pre-outs. Presumably the two extra subwoofer outputs are for right and left, so they are one of the red/white pairs rather than being black like the single subwoofer out.
post #126 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM

I have been close to pulling the trigger on a 5308CI. I only want 7.1 and 150W per ch seems sufficient to run my Revel F32's. Now I see the specs on the 4810 and I am undecided. Go for the 5308 or wait for the 4810?
post #127 of 4067 Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
From WIFI forum

Joined on May 21, 2009
Posts 59
DENON AVR-4810 Wow Whatta performer it,s!!
Hello guys

I have just bought the DENON AVR-4810 which,s replacing my SONY STR-DA5400ES , i thought theSONY 5400ES allways sounded good when it was driving my kef's IQ speakers package , but then i have just recently upgraded my speakers system to Focal chorus 826 V , the SONY 5400ES was driving them ok ,but was some how struggling realy hard to drive them but not to their best, i was looking for an av receiver that has more power and still sound refine, to make it short i just went out and buy the DENON AVR-4810 it was Blind buy , i havn,t even seen it except online before it arrived home. i like doing those thinks sometime i just keep thinking i might surprise my self ..and OHHH boy's whatta machine it,s amazing!!! i was stunned by the amount of details that thise machine can deliver, i put the movie the incredible hulk for first testing, the seen where he is locked in the glass tube out side the library there,s a big fight there with plenty of sound effect , something that i have seen many time before ,and i swear boy's there was some small details in the top end that i didn,t know they were there befor now , the top end was so clear and clean with out sounding bright or harsh , bass and specialy in the low-end it,s another strong side to thise machine , deep tight and punchy just the way we like it , with an extraodinary grip and control that is rear at thise price!!!...just though i might share my first finding with you guys , and for anyone out there considering to buy the DENON AVR-4810 don,t hesitate just go for it u won,t regret it...it won,t even surprise if this machine end up as best buy here at what hifi.com, because so far it,s the finest av receiver at thise price.

ps: A small advice Never use audyssey allways leave it off , i don,t why but it seems that audyssey not working so well with the new denon av receiver range.

Report abuse
post #128 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 12:55 AM

jaywax:

I say wait for 3D (unless your rich). You'll be glad that you did, IMO.

While I'm, apparently, the only one in this forum who believes that 3D BD will be a great/huge hit, there are others out there who share my opinion.

Quote: "With a Blu-ray standard being finalized and commitment of consumer electronics giants Sony and Panasonic, the HD GURU expects other 3D product announcements at next week's CEDIA trade show in Atlanta, GA and at the CEATEC Consumer Electronics Show Japan opening October 6, 2009."

www.hdguru.com/

Quote: "In related news Panasonic said Wednesday that it is now rolling out three tractor trailer trucks carrying demonstration theaters for its forthcoming 3-D Blu-ray Disc player and 3-D plasma systems on a nationwide tour."

http://www.twice.com/article/339405-...t_IFA_Show.php

3D will be an industry wide sucess, IMO. For the manufactures and the studios want more of our $$$$.

They'll get mine.
post #129 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So this came up in the other thread and made a good point. Does the 4810 have enough DAC's to run 7.1+FH+FW? Reading the specs posted on AV Clubhouse it just says "on all channels, including dedicated L/R".
post #130 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I would find it hard to beleive he actually has a AVR-4810. Probably another model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

From WIFI forum

Joined on May 21, 2009
Posts 59
DENON AVR-4810 Wow Whatta performer it,s!!
Hello guys

I have just bought the DENON AVR-4810 which,s replacing my SONY STR-DA5400ES , i thought theSONY 5400ES allways sounded good when it was driving my kef's IQ speakers package , but then i have just recently upgraded my speakers system to Focal chorus 826 V , the SONY 5400ES was driving them ok ,but was some how struggling realy hard to drive them but not to their best, i was looking for an av receiver that has more power and still sound refine, to make it short i just went out and buy the DENON AVR-4810 it was Blind buy , i havn,t even seen it except online before it arrived home. i like doing those thinks sometime i just keep thinking i might surprise my self ..and OHHH boy's whatta machine it,s amazing!!! i was stunned by the amount of details that thise machine can deliver, i put the movie the incredible hulk for first testing, the seen where he is locked in the glass tube out side the library there,s a big fight there with plenty of sound effect , something that i have seen many time before ,and i swear boy's there was some small details in the top end that i didn,t know they were there befor now , the top end was so clear and clean with out sounding bright or harsh , bass and specialy in the low-end it,s another strong side to thise machine , deep tight and punchy just the way we like it , with an extraodinary grip and control that is rear at thise price!!!...just though i might share my first finding with you guys , and for anyone out there considering to buy the DENON AVR-4810 don,t hesitate just go for it u won,t regret it...it won,t even surprise if this machine end up as best buy here at what hifi.com, because so far it,s the finest av receiver at thise price.

ps: A small advice Never use audyssey allways leave it off , i don,t why but it seems that audyssey not working so well with the new denon av receiver range.

Report abuse

post #131 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 371
I don't understand if this looks like a replacement for the 43XX series, why it's being labeled a Denon AVR 4810ci...
post #132 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 AM
tsb
AVS Special Member

no 1.4, no sale
post #133 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 AM

I am not interested in 3D but do want 7.1 --- I am leaning toward the 5308 because of build quality, etc
post #134 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

I don't understand if this looks like a replacement for the 43XX series, why it's being labeled a Denon AVR 4810ci...

My guess is Denon considers the 4310 series as a slight improvement on the 3808 series (better video processing, e.g.), and the 4810 a slight improvement on the 4308.
post #135 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Do we know if we can process H+W+7.3 (using 2 external amps) yet? It's out of curiosity for me (at the moment), since I plan to "only" run H+7.2.

I look forward to downloading the manual!

Has anyone here heard 7.1+Height OR 7.1+Width?
post #136 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphasia View Post

The colours on the SW ports for my AVP (9.3 processor) were 1=RED, 2=WHITE, 3=RED which makes me think that these were the colours available at that location, and do not indicate anything else. That's because 1=LEFT, 2=RIGHT and 3=LFE on a 3 sub setup.

You can see a picture of it here.

The 4810 is a 3 sub system and will have 3 sub outputs!
post #137 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post

Do we know if we can process H+W+7.3 (using 2 external amps) yet? It's out of curiosity for me (at the moment), since I plan to "only" run H+7.2.

I don't think anyone will KNOW until we see the manual. It's mostly speculation based on the 14 pre-outs (11 + 3 SW) and some sly comments from people in the know (e.g. Chris in the Audyssey thread hinting that a product which can do H+W is forthcoming but he's not allowed to say anything).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb View Post

no 1.4, no sale

someone should edit the title of the thread, or at least put a big note in post #1 warning people that the HDMI 1.4 part is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

Denon repositioned their lineup this year, it's been fretted about ad nauseum in threads like the 4310CI owner's thread where people varied between confusion and angst as they wondered whether it was the "true" replacement for the 3808CI or the 4308CI.

Denon kind of moved the features down the line (e.g. networking and high-end video processing) but the "beef" up the line (e.g. in weight / amps the 4810CI is probably the "successor" to the 4308CI).

I wouldn't bother losing much sleep over which is which...

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #138 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Do we know if we can process H+W+7.3 (using 2 external amps) yet?

I would guess (and hope) yes. Why else would there be pre-outs labeled 7.3 and 4ch [F.height/f.wide]
post #139 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

...I wouldn't bother losing much sleep over which is which...

I'm not going to lose any sleep about it, but given that my speakers have impedance dips that go below 3.2 Ohms, the ability to have enough current to drive my speakers efficiently at the levels I have been accustomed was something I was looking for in an AVR...If the specs stay consistent with what is being reported, it appears that this generation of AVR 48XX won't have the same quality of power supply as their predecessors.
post #140 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

someone should edit the title of the thread, or at least put a big note in post #1 warning people that the HDMI 1.4 part is wrong....

We need a moderator to change the title - '9.1' to '9.3', 'HDMI 1.4' to '1.3A' and 'September' to 'October'.

Hopefully soon we will start an owner's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwantmyTHX View Post

I would guess (and hope) yes. Why else would there be pre-outs labeled 7.3 and 4ch [F.height/f.wide]

Good point. 14 channel pre-outs and processing - amazing. I remember when 8 seemed all we would ever need. Another bit of wishful speculation on my part, but hopefully we will be able to process Audyssey on all these channels.
post #141 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I would imagine so, Denon has embraced Audyssey pretty comprehensively so I don't see why they wouldn't. The ".3" indicates that the three subs will be capable of independent Audyssey calibrations (like with the 5308CI and the AVP), so I don't see why they would NOT let you also do Audyssey calibration on the height/wide speakers -- ESPECIALLY because the processing of height/wide will be done by Audyssey's DSX!

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #142 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

someone should edit the title of the thread, or at least put a big note in post #1 warning people that the HDMI 1.4 part is wrong.

I have tried to edit the title however it won't change the displayed title. Have to wait for a moderator to do it. As well as the release date.
post #143 of 4067 Old 09-04-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:

The colours on the SW ports for my AVP (9.3 processor) were 1=RED, 2=WHITE, 3=RED which makes me think that these were the colours available at that location, and do not indicate anything else. That's because 1=LEFT, 2=RIGHT and 3=LFE on a 3 sub setup.

You can see a picture of it here.

The 4810 is a 3 sub system and will have 3 sub outputs!

Ahh, that would certainly explain it. Never did look that closely on the AVP. If that the case, it sounds nice. I hope the bass-management will allow some creative choices in how to employ it since I think that one sub alone for pure LFE is too little. Optimal would be for dedicated sub for left + right then two for LFE. Split or throughput. Or that you can allow LFE to mix into the left+right subs.

But then, i really like a setup that can employ something like 4 subs as a line up against the front wall. To bad it wouldnt work in my apartment... or it would but my neighbours would probably "off" me.
post #144 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

We need a moderator to change the title - '9.1' to '9.3', 'HDMI 1.4' to '1.3A' and 'September' to 'October'.

Hopefully soon we will start an owner's thread.

Good point. 14 channel pre-outs and processing - amazing. I remember when 8 seemed all we would ever need. Another bit of wishful speculation on my part, but hopefully we will be able to process Audyssey on all these channels.

Fellow forum members I'm still trying to get my hands around the notion of possibly 11 speakers and multiple subs in 1 setup. Wouldn't this type of setup only lend itself to a large room? I would think the room would have to be 20' x 20' or larger. If not; this setup would seem kind of cluttered with a room any smaller. Do any of the forum members have such a room for this type of setup? For me to take advantage of such a setup I would have to convert my garage, which is not an option.

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

post #145 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

if you are looking at a $3000 AVR you better have a big room. the market for something like that is probably higher-end dedicated HT rooms. even typical 7.1 isn't that useful in a small room.

just because the AVR can do it doesn't mean you need to do it -- the vast majority of receivers these days are 7.1, and most people are still running 5.1. Obviously, if you don't have the space to accomodate a particular speaker layout then it's not worth "forcing" it in.

Setup Guide and FAQ

post #146 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

Fellow forum members I'm still trying to get my hands around the notion of possibly 11 speakers and multiple subs in 1 setup. Wouldn't this type of setup only lend itself to a large room? I would think the room would have to be 20' x 20' or larger. If not; this setup would seem kind of cluttered with a room any smaller. Do any of the forum members have such a room for this type of setup? For me to take advantage of such a setup I would have to convert my garage, which is not an option.

Respectfully,
Willie

You wait for 4K or 8K - the audio specification for that allows 22.2 discreet channels.
post #147 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
As tempting as the new Onkyo's receivers look, particularly the 5007,
I think I'll stick with Denon.
I have the 4310 right now. It is a big time over acheiver in my opinion, considering it replaced a 5308, which I loved. But I was looking down the road, looking at Audyssey DSX and directly at the 4810, then maybe the 5308's replacement.
The Denon's have a few things that keep me coming back,
#1 - very cool GUI
#2 - DenonLink
#3 - the Denon sound, which I think is a little smoother than the likes of Onkyo and Pioneer, etc......
#4 - Denon's apparent committment to firmware updates and upgrades
#5 - Everything works like it's suppose to, since I have a 7.1 system I haven't noticed the reported 5.1 bug with the AIX disc.

dc

StayThristyMyFriends
post #148 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

...I think I'll stick with Denon.
I have the 4310 right now. It is a big time over acheiver in my opinion, considering it replaced a 5308, which I loved. But I was looking down the road, looking at Audyssey DSX and directly at the 4810, then maybe the 5308's replacement.
#2 - DenonLink

I also like DenonLink in my AVR 4806 but wonder why you would replace a Denon AVR 5308 with a AVR 4310 and then consider a AVR 4810?
post #149 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post

As tempting as the new Onkyo's receivers look, particularly the 5007,
I think I'll stick with Denon.
#1 - very cool GUI
#2 - DenonLink
#3 - the Denon sound, which I think is a little smoother than the likes of Onkyo and Pioneer, etc......
#4 - Denon's apparent committment to firmware updates and upgrades
#5 - Everything works like it's suppose to, since I have a 7.1 system I haven't noticed the reported 5.1 bug with the AIX disc.

dc

I agree with #3 - Denon sound is smooth - too smooth for some tastes. However, as you go up the food chain to the higher models that smoothness remains but is partnered with supreme grip and control of almost any speaker system. This is where Denon really shines in my opinion. However, even in the lesser models, that smoothness allows hours of listening that does not become fatiguing or tiring as can happen with other manufacturer's systems, which is important in a system where long film sessions are the norm.
post #150 of 4067 Old 09-05-2009, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I agree with #3 - Denon sound is smooth - too smooth for some tastes. However, as you go up the food chain to the higher models that smoothness remains but is partnered with supreme grip and control of almost any speaker system...

I don't mean to get anal, but I am curious how the AVR 4810 is going to power speakers that aren't as easy to drive compared to previous Denon THX Ultra II AVRs.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page