Denon 4310 Please Wait Connecting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got the 4310 a few days ago.. It had this problem out of the box I think. I remember seeing the link light go on and off, but it then somehow resolved itself.

I did the firmware update all was good even though I had to restart that like 4 times because it would get a connection error.

After the firmware upgrade the system had no problem getting an IP and playing streams..

Now today when you go the Net option it just keeps saying Please Wait Connecting. The network adaptor is stuck in this endless loop of resetting. You can see the link light go out completely, then it comes on sends some packets..waits a bit and then goes out again and the display resets at the same time. Stuck in this cycle.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue? I am on the fence about this AVR as is and not sure if this can be resolved or is a hardware issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

I reset all the networking gear in the house including my smoothwall router I was depressed to see go from 168 days up back to 1

Still no go.. I am going to swing by BB and see if they can order me a new one and just swap it out. I can not figure out any way to resolve the issue.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked: 1589
you really should post this stuff in the owner's thread, you are more likely to get help there

I'm sorry that I can't help with this, I have no idea how to deal with receiver networking issues.

you may also want to scope out the 3808 and 4308 threads for help because these models have many more owners and a wider knowledge base about how Denon implements networking features.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #4 of 7 Old 07-09-2009, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

you really should post this stuff in the owner's thread, you are more likely to get help there

I'm sorry that I can't help with this, I have no idea how to deal with receiver networking issues.

you may also want to scope out the 3808 and 4308 threads for help because these models have many more owners and a wider knowledge base about how Denon implements networking features.

Thanks.. I wasn't sure if I should throw it in there. I did also search those threads and the few hits I got related to people with bad network cables or UPNP.. I have UPNP off and tried 2 different network cables.

The fact the system keeps resetting... dropping the GUI and the link light and then trying again seems to tell me is a hardware issue. I will copy it over to that thread though.

I am getting a replacement unit after work though so we will see.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 AM

I have had the same issue. After about two weeks of operation the network stoped working. When i reviewed the network address on the denon it showed 192.168.0.1, which in not a valid address with in my network. I directly connected the denon to the cable modem and got the same type of results. The unit was return to denon for repair. It sat at denon for over 30 day before they replaced my A stock unit with a B stock unit. The B stock unit failed in the same way after 7 day of operation. I was informed when I was waiting for my first unit that there was a redesigned part that they where waiting on. It was to be shipped form over seas.

I am currently waiting to see what they will do for me now. I have owned the denon for two month, but denon has had it in their shop longer than it has been installed in my home system.

At this point I would not buy a denon 4310CI.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have 4310CI since February and from past weekend I start seeing the deadly message, "Please wait... Connecting". I tried to reset all my network connections but no luck. From the router DHCP table, I don't see Denon getting an IP anymore. I think, I may have to contact Denon.

messagej, please post here if you have any updates.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by messagej View Post

I have had the same issue. After about two weeks of operation the network stoped working. When i reviewed the network address on the denon it showed 192.168.0.1, which in not a valid address with in my network. I directly connected the denon to the cable modem and got the same type of results. The unit was return to denon for repair. It sat at denon for over 30 day before they replaced my A stock unit with a B stock unit. The B stock unit failed in the same way after 7 day of operation. I was informed when I was waiting for my first unit that there was a redesigned part that they where waiting on. It was to be shipped form over seas.

I am currently waiting to see what they will do for me now. I have owned the denon for two month, but denon has had it in their shop longer than it has been installed in my home system.

At this point I would not buy a denon 4310CI.

I'm having this issue also.
Can you acess the network configuration menu, on mine is doesn't open when i presso ok.

Kocl
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page