Forum Jump: 

post #3091 of 3910 Old 02-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstaley View Post

Try setting "Network Standby" to off. That solved the issue for me.

Excellent, network is still dead but at least hdmi switching works - thank you!!!!! So weird that one would affect another.

Again thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3910 Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringfool View Post

Can you tell me how to copy the curve and apply it? Also, I find it hard to believe that the height of the mic would make a difference, but I'll try anything at this point.

First you have to change multieq to manual. Then go menu > audio/video adjust> audio adjust > manual eq. Then copy base curve. Then for adjust channel select each. Then go to center and bump the lower frequencies up.
Yea the mic placement has everything to do with getting good results. One time I had too much bass in voices. Ive pretty much got down the best pattern and placement for my room. Ive run audyssey at least 10 times.
post #3093 of 3910 Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1677 View Post

So communicating with Denon today on my most recent network card failure and they have told me that now they don't actually have to replace the card, rather they can reflash the card to get funcitonality back. When I questioned the longevity of this fix I was told the latest firmware update addresses it permanently.

Not sure what to believe, this sounds a lot like the story I got this time last year where they claimed there was a known bad part and the new revision would not fail.... yet here I am with another failure.

Did they say when the firmware update came out? The last time my network connected was 2 weeks ago and I didnt see any new firmware updates available.
post #3094 of 3910 Old 02-23-2011, 04:11 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:

Does the 3311 have the same chronic network card failures of the 3310? They should go back to what worked in the 3808, never heard of anyone having network issues on that now 4 year old beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

Did they say when the firmware update came out? The last time my network connected was 2 weeks ago and I didnt see any new firmware updates available.

If there hasn't been a recent firmware update for the 3310, then it's very likely the Denon CSR got confused and was thinking of the firmware update for the 3311. I would call Denon CS back and confirm whether the there is an update for the 3310 as well or whether the card must be flashed at a service center.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3095 of 3910 Old 02-23-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

If there hasn't been a recent firmware update for the 3310, then it's very likely the Denon CSR got confused and was thinking of the firmware update for the 3311. I would call Denon CS back and confirm whether the there is an update for the 3310 as well or whether the card must be flashed at a service center.

I am working with the Customer Service Manager, not standard phone support. I dont know if its confused as much as denial or complete ignorance of the situation. I guess its possible that the many voices here reporting network issues represent such a small number of sales that Denon sees them as an anomoly - for me, having my expensive receiver fail twice and being without one of the primary features (networking) for months ticks me off.
post #3096 of 3910 Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am working with the Customer Service Manager, not standard phone support. I dont know if its confused as much as denial or complete ignorance of the situation. I guess its possible that the many voices here reporting network issues represent such a small number of sales that Denon sees them as an anomoly - for me, having my expensive receiver fail twice and being without one of the primary features (networking) for months ticks me off.

I think it's got to be more than just the people here. If the network cards are backordered till April they must be having to replace a good number of them.
post #3097 of 3910 Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yea I was wondering if they were thinking of the 3311. I haven't seen a firmware update in a long time. I think I need to upgrade.
post #3098 of 3910 Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:

I think it's got to be more than just the people here. If the network cards are backordered till April they must be having to replace a good number of them.

I will keep hammering on them and reporting back. My biggest worry is another temporary fix that takes me through my warranty period putting the cost of the next repair on me. Clearly there is a systemic issue here with network cards, to me the company should take responsibility for it (eg voluntary recall, extend warranty, buyback program etc)
post #3099 of 3910 Old 02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I will keep hammering on them and reporting back. My biggest worry is another temporary fix that takes me through my warranty period putting the cost of the next repair on me. Clearly there is a systemic issue here with network cards, to me the company should take responsibility for it (eg voluntary recall, extend warranty, buyback program etc)

Yea keep me posted. I would like to hear what you can get out of them. I'm not too upset about it because I knew the risk coming in. I had read this thread and knew the chances of getting a defective network card would be high. I just found such a good price on it that I was willing to take the chance. I don't mind paying a little to get a network card shipped to me. I don't want to be with out my receiver. Unless I just wait till 3312 comes out and get a good deal on a 3311. Then I could send the 3310 in and sell it when it comes back. I also found an 890 for a good price that I could get and then send my 3310 off. I still have 18 months on the warranty so I'm just waiting to see what happens right now.
post #3100 of 3910 Old 02-24-2011, 01:45 PM

I just acquired a set of DT BP7006's (front) and moved my BP6's to the rear surround position. Is there a way (through amp assign, or other means) to allow both the BP7006 (fronts) and the BP6 (rear surrounds) to operate in stereo mode for playing music without having to physically switch the BP6 wires to the "Front B" outputs each time and setting stereo to A+B?

post #3101 of 3910 Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachamer View Post
I just acquired a set of DT BP7006's (front) and moved my BP6's to the rear surround position. Is there a way (through amp assign, or other means) to allow both the BP7006 (fronts) and the BP6 (rear surrounds) to operate in stereo mode for playing music without having to physically switch the BP6 wires to the "Front B" outputs each time and setting stereo to A+B?
Just do all channel stereo and turn off the center channel.
post #3102 of 3910 Old 02-24-2011, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm wondering if anybody is using the Harmony 650 remote with their 3310. I followed Batpig's instructions and used the 3808 as my model. I can't get the forward and backward arrow to work when I'm holding down the button. I've messed with the timing and I tried using the original remote to program the arrows but still no luck. Just wondering if anybody knows an easy solution for this. I saw one thread that said learn the command by pressing the button quickly and then holding for 3 seconds but that didn't work either.
post #3103 of 3910 Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.greenway View Post

On the Net/Audio > Media Server playback of networked files. When I browse to a folder the songs inside are listed alphabetically, is there a way to display them by track number instead?

Is there an option for this?

I'd really like to play an album in the order (1-10) of tracks - not alphabetically.

Thanks
post #3104 of 3910 Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izoard View Post

Is there an option for this?

I'd really like to play an album in the order (1-10) of tracks - not alphabetically.

Thanks

I recently looked into this. I can not believe how once again denon flubbed a simple, key feature.

1 if you are a windows pc user, use media player. I'm not. this is clear in owners manual.

2. XBMC there must be a solution here, I have not found it.

3. Twonky media. Yes. Cost $. Looking into hardware like atv2 hack w/ xbmc or just convert to iTunes formats.

There are tag ids on mp3s/flac. This maybe an issue. How the Denon handles them. Google this. One guy blames denon. Firmware. Again dependent on the msft world.

Also, if you play an album, there are gaps. Which sucks. Especially live ones.

GL
post #3105 of 3910 Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Ok, that's what I was afraid of - NO.

My music files are properly tagged and WMP12 shows the correct info.
Denon is only missing the track numbers.
This seems very basic.

WMP12 outputs as PCM, I want direct passthrough - which playing over the network directly to my 3310 does.
Just no track numbers?
post #3106 of 3910 Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM

It may be your app and what tag coding you are using. There are two standards. Fun huh!

link http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=22266
post #3107 of 3910 Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netorders View Post

It may be your app and what tag coding you are using. There are two standards. Fun huh!

link http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=22266

Well, with over 3600 albums ripped to FLAC, which WMP12 + madFlac read & play fine (Mp3tag), this is Denon's issue not mine. I can always buy another reciever!
post #3108 of 3910 Old 02-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Yes, I am in agreement. Future proof, my A$$.

I also read in my search for a solution that some Denon amps need an older version of WMP. Newer versions don't sync.

For each network capability feature, there seems to be an alternative solution. That is why I am leaning towards ATV2 hacked with XBMC. By passes Denon media server hierarchy completely.

Denon's thought process on engineering media support was a lackluster, half a$$ed attempt.
post #3109 of 3910 Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 AM

Got an open box from Best Buy (last one they had). I checked it out at the store and all seemed well, so I took it home. Ran Audyssey and everything sounded great. Then found out that it will turn itself off exactly 20 minutes (to the second) after power up, no matter what it is doing. The power ring starts flashing red, the rate seems to indicate overload protection, but here is the strange part... This will happen no matter what is connected, playing, or the volume used. It will do this with only a power cord connected (I disconnected all speakers and I/O cables), just plugged in to AC and turned on at minimum volume doing nothing. The case is not even warm to the touch after 20 minutes of sitting there doing nothing. Cycle power and it comes back immediately for another exactly 20 minutes and then turns off again.

Took it to a local Denon repair facility (only a mile from work, what luck) and they confirmed the problem, said they had never seen this before, and have had it for 5 weeks now with no resolution. They claim to have called all over the US and back to Japan for advice on what to do, and no one has an answer yet.

Have any of you heard of such a problem and what to do about it?? Got a real good price ($250), and since BB doesn't have any more, returning it won't really get me another unit.
post #3110 of 3910 Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 AM
585-645-1006

^^
No, but after 30 days with no resolution the repair facility is supposed to offer a refurbished unit as an alternative so ask them about obtaining one to replace your defective unit.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #3111 of 3910 Old 03-01-2011, 10:33 AM

I inquired about a refurbished unit, but since this repair facility is 3rd party authorized facility, they don't dictate policy on replacements. They said I had to contact Denon customer service, which I then did. They claimed the repair place had to submit something called a "DRA" back to Denon to get a refurb authorized from Denon. The repair facility said they knew all about "DRA's" and that they were certain this one would be rejected, as Denon is lately cracking down on abandoning repairs.

It sounded real nice when it worked, so I guess I need to be patient a bit more... Oh, and the tech said he had a new network card that he will try to squeeze in to the repair somehow. He knows all about these failures!
post #3112 of 3910 Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Quote:

Yea I was wondering if they were thinking of the 3311. I haven’t seen a firmware update in a long time. I think I need to upgrade.

From speaking with Denon, my understanding is that although the 3310 NIC can be "flashed" at PanurgyOEM, there is currently no firmware update for a longterm fix, although it is something Denon is working on.

If the 3311 NIC has not failed the recent firmware update should resolve the issue permanently, while if the card has already failed, the 3311 must be sent to PanurgyOEM to have the NIC "flashed" and then the firmware update can be loaded.

post #3113 of 3910 Old 03-02-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Has anyone else had a problem where the HDMI switching starts acting weird? When my network card failed again the other day I also seem havens second issue that I did not have with the previous network card failure. Basically bringing the unit out of standby on an hdmi source with a signal results in no hdmi output, I have to toggle then nit in and out of standby to get a signal. If I change inputs the same thing happens, to get a signal I have to put the unit in standby and then bring it out again. This happens every time I change inputs.

I reset the unit and the hdmi switching worked for a day (the network didn't but we all knew that) but then the switching died again.

It sure seems like the xx10 models were lemons, lots of trouble across the board with quality issues.

I have this exact same problem which actually started early on before the NIC quit working. I am sending the unit in now for repair. I hope all these problems will be fixed with a new NIC.
post #3114 of 3910 Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Ok I had posted in Klipsch speakers thread but this seems to regard my Denon receiver. Ok so I got a Denon 990 for 400$ yesterday at work, brand new and have plugged my Klipsch rb61's so far. I have started testing the sound and started off with CD's and mp3's on my PS3, I had to change my pants a couple times for how good it sounded. Well today i decided to test out some blu-rays and low and behold I've tried; The Dark Knight, Star Trek, District 9 and Spartacus Blood and Sand and everytime my speakers hiss like a dying cat and snap crackle and pop even more then Rice Krispies cereal...

I tried searching google, and I saw a thread about this being a problem with 2010 Samsung TV's. I have a 2006 Samsung Plasma and really hope it's not the cause. Is it a setting I am missing or should switch on?

Also. PS3 games sound great no probsm same with Audio CD's/MP3's. Just does this with my blu-rays. Tv is fine also as I watched hockey last night for 3 hours and sound was clean and clear and under control.

Please guide me through this time of need.
post #3115 of 3910 Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
585-645-1006

Update to the current firmware on the 990.

post #3116 of 3910 Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

From speaking with Denon, my understanding is that although the 3310 NIC can be "flashed" at PanurgyOEM, there is currently no firmware update for a longterm fix, although it is something Denon is working on.

If the 3311 NIC has not failed the recent firmware update should resolve the issue permanently, while if the card has already failed, the 3311 must be sent to PanurgyOEM to have the NIC "flashed" and then the firmware update can be loaded.

Thanks. I will wait and see what happens. Once the new Denon models come out I will try to get the 3311 cheap. I would like to have the network card fixed so I can sell the 3310. Now that I have Apple TV I could care less about streaming to my denon but I'm really wanting to see what MultiEQ XT has to offer. Hopefully the 3311 will drop down as low as the 3310 did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
post #3117 of 3910 Old 03-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I am looking for some helping figuring out how the "Play To" feature of my new Windows 7 Phone works. The Play To app on my phone finds my Denon AVR 990. However, I can't seem to figure out what I need to do with my AVR to play the media being streamed to it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
post #3118 of 3910 Old 03-07-2011, 01:19 PM

can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain a copy of the owners manual for the 3310CI. I just purchased it localy and it didn't come with a owners manual and the only thing I can come up with it a supliment guide, and quick set up. thanks for any help you all can provide.
post #3119 of 3910 Old 03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
585-645-1006

You can find most any Owner's manual going back 10 years on Denon's website here.

post #3120 of 3910 Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM

I kind of feel like a dummy but it looks like it is all in french and spanish. I am having problems reading it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page