Forum Jump: 

post #3361 of 3949 Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2126 Post(s)
Liked: 1780
^^
The light blinking at that frequency generally means: (a) loose speaker wire touching another post, or if inside a wall, possibly the casing has been split by a nail, (b) running 4Ω speakers too loud, or (c) amp failure.

If you can rule out "a" and "b", then try resetting the microprocessor (p. 103), otherwise, if you're not raising the volume above 0db, then you may want to consider repair if purchased from an authorized reseller.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3949 Old 10-27-2011, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, thanks but :

If it works for 1h or more and then shuts down itself with blinking green light, does that can rule out the faulty cable ?

I had the SAME cables (less than & year old cables) with my old Technics AV/R : does that could could rule too the faulty cable explanation out ?

Why a processor resest would change a thing ? It first happened when I was doing the first Audissey auto setup... It just shut down and restarted, did not see about the green light.

I've updated the unit, just now, we'll see if it happens again.
Will try to eliminate cables of the equation,
reset processor,
or return the product... It just arrived today so ...
post #3363 of 3949 Old 10-27-2011, 10:02 PM

I must be going crazy. I've had my 3310 for almost a year and it's been great. I have a cable box, Apple TV, PS3,etc hooked up to it and all work perfectly. I have zone 1 and zone 2 hooked up. I've played Internet radio only on zone 2, but today I thought I'd listen to Pandora through the AppleTV on zone 2... Nothing! I tried cable ps3, the only audio through zone 2 that works is Internet radio directly through the Denon. It's as though anything connected via HDMI will not output to Zone 2.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
post #3364 of 3949 Old 10-28-2011, 03:58 AM
585-645-1006

^^
HDMI sources cannot play to Zone 2 ... which is true for 99% of all AVRs on the market today. You must also connect either an optical or analog cable from the ATV.

Edit: Count yourself lucky though, as the 3310CI is only 1 of a handful of AVRs that can pass PCM 2.0 via optical/digital coax to Zone 2; otherwise you would have to convert your ATV2's optical out to analog using a DAC like this one.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #3365 of 3949 Old 10-28-2011, 05:57 AM

Bummer.
That's what I thought. Thanks
post #3366 of 3949 Old 10-28-2011, 03:32 PM

Here what I tried :
- unplugged ALL speakers,
- ran it on only on headphones,
- used two new hdmi cables, and nothing else plugged
- had already done a processor reset

but ... after one hour working great :

- shuts down one second then restarts,
- few minutes later did it again,
- few minutes after again but this time it stayed off with green light blinking twice every second... came back on itself about ten/twenty minutes later...

So, I guess, there is not much hope... unless you have any ideas, or confirm diagnostics...
I'm thinking if it does not work with this minimalist cable configuration, why bother search further the source of the problem??? I'll probably return it tomorrow... Or should I try something else ?
THANKS for you replies.

my configuration :
- Q acoustics 2010 5.1 speakers
- Sony TV 46hx700
- brand new hdmi cables (tried older ones too !)
post #3367 of 3949 Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 PM
585-645-1006

^^
If you can easily return it ... do so.

post #3368 of 3949 Old 10-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
If you can easily return it ... do so.

So you think too I tried enough options?...
It will "only" cost me sending it back to england though 60...
thanks for you help
post #3369 of 3949 Old 10-29-2011, 09:38 AM

I have a Denon AVR3310 that won't connect to the network. I have confirmed that the hardwired network connection is working properly, but it just doesn't seem to connect. I have done a hard reset "press the small button" to power off the unit and turn it back on with no success. I then turned the unit off again using the small power on/off button. Pressed and held in the up and down cursor buttons, then pushed the small power button on while continuing to hold the up and down cursor buttons for 5 seconds. When I go to Menu, Network Connections, I still have no ability to manually setup the network. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
post #3370 of 3949 Old 10-29-2011, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
When all of this stuff happened to me, and I did what you did, nothing worked, either. I took it in for repair to an authorized dealer and the NIC was replaced. Works fine now, though I am hesistant to use the Net on the 3310. Since I have a Squeezebox (poor man's Sonos) I don't have to.
post #3371 of 3949 Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitlaer View Post

I have a Denon AVR3310 that won't connect to the network. I have confirmed that the hardwired network connection is working properly, but it just doesn't seem to connect. I have done a hard reset "press the small button" to power off the unit and turn it back on with no success. I then turned the unit off again using the small power on/off button. Pressed and held in the up and down cursor buttons, then pushed the small power button on while continuing to hold the up and down cursor buttons for 5 seconds. When I go to Menu, Network Connections, I still have no ability to manually setup the network. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yup ... ship it to a repair facilty and get the NIC replaced.

post #3372 of 3949 Old 10-30-2011, 01:24 PM

Thanks to all for the feedback. I've used Denon Radio and accessed my playlist on my home PC, so I'm anxious to get my 3310 in for service and NIC replaced.
post #3373 of 3949 Old 10-30-2011, 04:35 PM

You can add my 3310CI To the list of casualties of this NIC issue. I tried both a network reset and microprocessor reset but not joy. The NIC will pull an IP from my router and I can ping the receiver, however it will not connect to the Internet or update the firmware. Since the NIC reset I've also noticed that switching between HDMI sources is really slow and sometimes won't pass a signal at all. If I throw the receiver into standby and on again it works for a while and then randomly stops. I've read that the HDMI can sometimes be involved but I could not find any specific behaviors. Is what I described consistent?

As I have a few months of warranty I thought I would send it back to denon here in Canada but don't want to wait months to get it back. Might buy the 3312 and sell 3310 when it comes back. Are the newer AVRs any more reliable?

Cheers,
Jeff
post #3374 of 3949 Old 10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
585-645-1006

Check with the repair facility you're going to use and find out if the cards are in stock. If not, perhaps they will let you drop it off when the NIC is available. The NIC issue was resolved by firmware updates on the 3311CI and has not appeared to date on the 3312CI.

post #3375 of 3949 Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

I purchased my 3310 from 6ave shortly after it was released but never tried updating the firmware due to all the NIC issues people were having. I wasnt having any issues with my receiver so didnt see a need to update either but after hearing the audio dropouts on Star Wars Ep 2 I decided to give it a try even with my serial number falling in the range of what is thought to be the problem area ( 9xxx ).

I connected my receiver to the net yesterday and happy to say I was able to complete the update without any problems. It didnt get an IP right away but once it did I was able to save my config on my PC and start the update which took about a half hour. After doing some initial testing I decided to press my luck and reset the processor and load my config file from my PC which took about 5 mins. I verified all my settings before testing all my inputs and a few Blurays including Star Wars Ep 2 and all is well.

I did connect my receiver to the net before just to try and play some files from my PC and although it worked fine I didnt keep it connected. If the 3310 had Pandora that would be a different story but I dont see any need for me to keep mine connected to the net.

-
If you havent listened to it yet can you really say its not better?
post #3376 of 3949 Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM

I had bought the 3310CI at the end of last year. I put off using the network or upgrading the firmware after reading everything here. Tonight I decided to plug in the network and give it a try.. ..and everything went completely smooth. Downloaded, updated, although that last minute took the longest. Came back with no issues.. ..except now it prompts me to update the firmware again. I found the place to turn notification off-- but how can I tell what version I'm running and if it is the latest?
post #3377 of 3949 Old 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post

... I was able to save my config on my PC and start the update which took about a half hour. After doing some initial testing I decided to press my luck and reset the processor and load my config file from my PC which took about 5 mins. ...

I didn't save or restore any config.. ..and all my inputs seem correct. Is my audio setup preserved or did I lose something? Should I do the EQ setup again?
post #3378 of 3949 Old 11-03-2011, 04:57 PM

It's in the manual setup sub menu you can go to it without actually changing anything.
post #3379 of 3949 Old 11-03-2011, 05:06 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post

I had bought the 3310CI at the end of last year. I put off using the network or upgrading the firmware after reading everything here. Tonight I decided to plug in the network and give it a try.. ..and everything went completely smooth. Downloaded, updated, although that last minute took the longest. Came back with no issues.. ..except now it prompts me to update the firmware again. I found the place to turn notification off-- but how can I tell what version I'm running and if it is the latest?

The firmware updates are cumulative so you got whatever is the latest.

Quote:

I didn't save or restore any config.. ..and all my inputs seem correct. Is my audio setup preserved or did I lose something? Should I do the EQ setup again?

Not if the settings haven't changed.

post #3380 of 3949 Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLitwack View Post

It's in the manual setup sub menu you can go to it without actually changing anything.

I went there, but it isn't clear what its telling me.

firmware: latest
time: ---

What does that mean? I'm running the latest or the one available on the server is simply called latest? If I'm running the latest why did it prompt me to upgrade again?
post #3381 of 3949 Old 11-04-2011, 09:02 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Are you sure it's not saying firmware "Upgrade" (as in the DSX upgrade) rather than "Update" as they are two different things as well as two different settings?

post #3382 of 3949 Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:

I went there, but it isn't clear what its telling me.

firmware: latest
time: ---

What does that mean? I'm running the latest or the one available on the server is simply called latest? If I'm running the latest why did it prompt me to upgrade again?

I get the same notification and result. It looks as though denon is offering an UPGRADE(rather than UPDATE) to permit DSX. I couldnt take advantage of that feature myself but logged-in, the 'denon support' web page didnt make the upgrade available to me even if I could.

"Oh Lord, grant me the serenity to understand the things I cannot change ... and enough ammunition for the things that I can."
wayneniamat.com
post #3383 of 3949 Old 11-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneniamat View Post

I get the same notification and result. It looks as though denon is offering an UPGRADE(rather than UPDATE) to permit DSX. I couldnt take advantage of that feature myself but logged-in, the 'denon support' web page didnt make the upgrade available to me even if I could.

there most likely will not be another firmware update for this receiver so simple solution would be just to turn off notifications

you can always manually check for new firmware

-
If you havent listened to it yet can you really say its not better?
post #3384 of 3949 Old 11-06-2011, 08:32 AM

Anyone else have an HDMI handshake problem? I have a Vizio plasma and the video goes blank when it changes rapidly, usually during commercials, FFWD, and when returning from FFWD to play when watching stuff of dtv dvr. The firmware is up to date.

I have played around with setting on I/p to no avail.
Thoughts?
post #3385 of 3949 Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Advanced Member

I have a PS3 connected to HDMI2 on the 3310. My monitor is the Panasonic plasma VT30.

I'm trying to get the PS3 to recognize the VT30 as a 3D display when routed through the 3310. I tried to set up HDMI pass through with the following.

1) Set HDMI Control to ON in the Denon
2) Designate the "Standby Source" for passing through on HDMI 2
3) Made sure the HDMI Audio setting is set to AMP

When I run the Display Settings on the PS3, it doesn't recognize the VT30 as a 3D display. If I run the PS3 directly to the VT30 HDMI input (bypassing the AVR), it recognizes it as as 3D so I know that it is possible. I'd like to have everything routed through the AVR for simplicity.

I also turned off the i/p scaler.

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
post #3386 of 3949 Old 11-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chaos View Post

If you turn on HDMI passthrough on the 3310, 3D works fine though HDMI.
I currently have the following setup
PS3->AVR3310->Panasonic VT20
And the PS3 is able to detect the VT20 as 3D and when changing to 3D on the PS3 the TV automatically changes to 3D mode

How exactly did you do this? I'm trying the same thing w/ a VT30 but the PS3 doesn't recognize the 3D capability on the VT30. The PS3 only recognized 3D when I completely bypassed the 3310.
post #3387 of 3949 Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder View Post

How exactly did you do this? I'm trying the same thing w/ a VT30 but the PS3 doesn't recognize the 3D capability on the VT30. The PS3 only recognized 3D when I completely bypassed the 3310.

Try making sure the TV and the AVR3310 is powered on and have handshaken before turning on the PS3.

I will check my settings and HDMI setup when I get back from work today
post #3388 of 3949 Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder View Post

I'm trying the same thing w/ a VT30 but the PS3 doesn't recognize the 3D capability on the VT30. The PS3 only recognized 3D when I completely bypassed the 3310.

The 3310CI is only HDMI 1.3 certified and as such 3D video is not designed to pass through it. Although some formats may pass, not all are guaranteed unless you are using an HDMI 1.4 AVR (eg. 3311CI, 3312CI).

post #3389 of 3949 Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chaos View Post

Try making sure the TV and the AVR3310 is powered on and have handshaken before turning on the PS3.

I will check my settings and HDMI setup when I get back from work today

Much thanks.

I will try powering the PS3 last but that's how I usually do it since I don't have a bluetooth remote.
post #3390 of 3949 Old 11-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Will I have a problem running 4 or 6 ohm speakers with the Denon 990? Is there any benefit/con versus 8 ohm?

Considering Emotiva, ED and Verus speakers. All seem to be either 4 or 6 ohm.

Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page