Official Harman/Kardon HK3490 Owners' Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2009, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Decided to start this, because there seems to be no corresponding thread around.

HK3490 is a great amp, but I have one problem, which I hope somebody could help me out with. I have the H/K iPod dock "The Bridge II" connected to my HK3490, and it has been working fine, until yesterday that is. I browsed through the iPod menus with the H/K remote, and selected "Settings", and then - for some reason - iPod switched to "manual mode". When I switched it back, song titles and artist have not been displayed correctly in the HK3490 front panel. And I can't get it right. For example, a fictional song called "Take me to New York city" would display something like "SONG: rk city". So, you can basically see only the last letters of rather long song names, or nothing at all in case of shorter ones. And the same goes with artists - oddly enough, album names are displayed correctly.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this, I find there aren't too many threads on HK3490 and The Bridge II out there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 98
You might try a processor reset. Basically all you do is unplug the unit for 3 minutes or so. If that doesn't work try the system reset. This will erase all of your preset radio stations etc.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page