post #31 of 34 Old 08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrup View Post

The reason I'm waiting for the 18th to buy the PS3 is that Sony is making some big announcement that day. There's heavy speculation that it will be a slim model & that the PS3 price will be slashed. I would buy a $300 refurb from Tiger Direct before I would go to a fence...err...pawn shop.

gotcha... yeah i guess some people dont like the idea of pawnshops... just thought i would throw it out there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 08-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 View Post

If this room is truly a 'Man Cave' I'm assuming it won't have alot of outside light coming in? If this is true your 'Man Cave' is screaming for a plasma TV. Unless you're spending absurd amounts of money...a plasma in a dark room will always look better. I would definitely not even consider an LCD in a dark environment...not as long as Plasma technology is around. Save yourself some money...or just spend the same amount as you would on that Vizio LCD and get much better PQ by grabbing a Plasma

Show me where to get a 55" plasma for $1500. Besides, I'll have a 6 year old playing PS3 & I don't care what they say about the newer plasmas being resistant to burn in, I have seen reviews where it still happens. I don't want to take the chance, not to mention the energy savings over the life of the TV.
post #33 of 34 Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrup View Post

Show me where to get a 55" plasma for $1500.

How about a 105" screen for just another $200?

http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-PLV-Z700.../dp/B001KL2P5Q

Seriously, no man-cave is complete without a projector.

And if you're still mudding the room, you're just in time to consider painting a "screen" on the wall. There's some good info in the DIY section on that.
post #34 of 34 Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 View Post

No there is not a special benefit in getting a Sony receiver to go with a PS3. You would probably be better off just giving a budget, telling us your HT/Music ratio and what components you'll be hooking up to it. Then someone can give a better recommendation for a receiver.

Well im my case ill have Comcast, PS3, PC hooked up via HDMI. So id want something with 4 HDMI in's (Nice to have a spare) I would say im 50/50 on music/theater listening. I only have room for 5.1 setup. I do have two subs though, however I will just split the LFE/Sub output with a Y-cable.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page