Onkyo TX-NR807 Official Thread - Page 184 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #5491 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 807 has recently stopped responding to its remote control. It happened in stages, first with the pause/play buttons, then with the volume, and now with everything. I've replaced the remote with no luck, and have just tried a new Logitech Ultimate, also with no luck. It appears that my problem is in the receiver itself, and not with the remote. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this myself? (I'm not a particularly technical guy.) The receiver has otherwise been trouble-free since I bought it new in 2009.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5492 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Hmmmm

Interesting, how did you determine the correct code for the Harmony, are you sure that it is correct for the 807?

I don't recall ever hearing about a IR failure on the receiver end, most of the time the remote is the issue, I have to ask, did you try a fresh set of batteries in the Onkyo remote?

If you have you AVR connected to the home network you could try to access the receiver via a smart home app like Onkytroller, a free version is available on the Play Store for Android, as for iOS, not sure whats out there.

Al
post #5493 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
For iOS, I've used oRemote. Great app as long as you are connected to your home network! Should work for your situation with the Remote not working. Grab and old iPod and load it up.
post #5494 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenielsen View Post
For iOS, I've used oRemote. Great app as long as you are connected to your home network! Should work for your situation with the Remote not working. Grab and old iPod and load it up.
Ahh yes, I remember oRemote, if I had a iOS device I might have tried it out too...

Al
post #5495 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post
Ahh yes, I remember oRemote, if I had a iOS device I might have tried it out too...
He also has Android version
post #5496 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
He also has Android version
Really? I can't seem to find it... please supply a link if possible.

Al
post #5497 of 5509 Old 10-08-2014, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the suggestions. I connected the receiver to my network and was able to control it with the Onkyo app. I have an older unused iPhone that I'll dedicate to running the oRemote software, which looks pretty nice. Still can't get it working with an actual remote, though. (Tried new batteries, too -- fair question.) Now that I have the receiver on my network, I thought I'd try a firmware update, just in case, but I'm getting a 0-11 error, so I'll have to investigate that (according to Onkyo, that error message means it isn't establishing an internet connection).

Any other thoughts on the remote not working are appreciated. Thanks again.
post #5498 of 5509 Old 10-10-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post
Really? I can't seem to find it... please supply a link if possible.
Al - Sorry, I mis-spoke. I was sure he had it, but I can't find it either.
post #5499 of 5509 Old 10-10-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Al - Sorry, I mis-spoke. I was sure he had it, but I can't find it either.
No worries, I just didn't want to miss out if it was available!

I traded emails with the devoloper early on and found that his expertise is in the Apple world, too bad he doesn't have an Android version too as he has done an excellant job of the app.

Al
post #5500 of 5509 Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
OK - long story short, purchased an TX-805 years ago. Was getting the blue dot artifacts. After 3rd service, Onkyo sent me an NR-807....

...which is now dead. Goes into protect mode (with things hooked up, and with everything disconnected) - standby light blinks.

I've read through these forums before and see folks manually fixing the unit. Can someone link me to the repair thread?

Also, in lieu of a repair, if I wanted to sell this thing, how much would it be worth in its current condition?

THANKS
post #5501 of 5509 Old 12-06-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwokdog View Post
OK - long story short, purchased an TX-805 years ago. Was getting the blue dot artifacts. After 3rd service, Onkyo sent me an NR-807....

...which is now dead. Goes into protect mode (with things hooked up, and with everything disconnected) - standby light blinks.

I've read through these forums before and see folks manually fixing the unit. Can someone link me to the repair thread?

Also, in lieu of a repair, if I wanted to sell this thing, how much would it be worth in its current condition?

THANKS
Have a look at this thread, the first post... Should get you to the right place: Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

Al
post #5502 of 5509 Old 12-06-2014, 08:40 PM

Thank you Al. Not sure I will be covered as my symptoms are not listed when I go to sign up for the free repair. I'll try it anyways and see what happens!! Thanks
post #5503 of 5509 Old 12-17-2014, 02:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys,

I own a TX-NR807 with KEF IQ 5.1 speakers and for the most part it works fine (use it primarily for movies).

But I use a HTPC and notice whenever I output to Multichannel the sound isn't right at all. Explosions are muffled, the soundtrack is not "wide" etc. 5.1 DOES work however, it just doesn't sound right. It's connected via a seperate HDMI from my PC to my amp, in windows sound panel I've set my quality to 24Bit 192Khz. It always plays on multichannel, I can't seem to get it to switch to playing DTS or DD (HD), because when I play from another media host, such as my PS3, and play DTS or Dolby Digital content the sound is perfect, nice and wide good explosions etc.

Now I've dived into some of the speaker cutover frequency documents etc...but it's a little over my head and the number of settings on the Onkyo is insane.

I did run the audyssey setup when I bought it years ago, but tweaked around with it a bit as I wasn't hearing voices probably etc.

Isn't Multichannel supposedly a lot better then DTS/DD?
Can I change the surround settings to different processing (wide cinema etc.) while playing multichannel content?
If I'm having phasing problems or need to tweak my frequency range settings, why is other content playing fine?

Thanks!

Last edited by shappy1010; 12-17-2014 at 02:33 AM.
post #5504 of 5509 Old 12-17-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy1010 View Post
Hey guys,

I own a TX-NR807 with KEF IQ 5.1 speakers and for the most part it works fine (use it primarily for movies).

But I use a HTPC and notice whenever I output to Multichannel the sound isn't right at all. Explosions are muffled, the soundtrack is not "wide" etc. 5.1 DOES work however, it just doesn't sound right. It's connected via a seperate HDMI from my PC to my amp, in windows sound panel I've set my quality to 24Bit 192Khz. It always plays on multichannel, I can't seem to get it to switch to playing DTS or DD (HD), because when I play from another media host, such as my PS3, and play DTS or Dolby Digital content the sound is perfect, nice and wide good explosions etc.

Now I've dived into some of the speaker cutover frequency documents etc...but it's a little over my head and the number of settings on the Onkyo is insane.

I did run the audyssey setup when I bought it years ago, but tweaked around with it a bit as I wasn't hearing voices probably etc.

Isn't Multichannel supposedly a lot better then DTS/DD?
Can I change the surround settings to different processing (wide cinema etc.) while playing multichannel content?
If I'm having phasing problems or need to tweak my frequency range settings, why is other content playing fine?

Thanks!

If your DD and DTS sources from things other then your HTPC sound fine then it is not the Onkyo, it would be what you are sending from the HTPC. For example, if your sound card can put out 7 discrete analog signals this would have to be connected to the pre-ins on the Onkyo.

When you say "Multichannel sound" what exactly do you mean, if it is a sound process derived in the HTPC sound card it will not be read by the Onkyo as either DD or DTS.
So in other words, if the information from the HTPC is not encoded and detected by the Onkyo as DD or DTS you simply won't get that on the AVR.

Al
post #5505 of 5509 Unread Today, 06:07 AM

Liked: 0
welcome
I nr3007 Tx model without sound. HDMI plate and looks awful - too heated. I do not know if we can do the job to save her. The rest of the functions in the graphic works . Is it possible to change the motherboard model TX- nr3008 ?
post #5506 of 5509 Unread Today, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubL View Post
welcome
I nr3007 Tx model without sound. HDMI plate and looks awful - too heated. I do not know if we can do the job to save her. The rest of the functions in the graphic works . Is it possible to change the motherboard model TX- nr3008 ?

Welcome, check out this thread, you may be eligible for a warranty repair. Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

Al
post #5507 of 5509 Unread Today, 08:49 AM

Thanks, no serial number . I have to fix it yourself .
HDMI Motherboard BCHDM 25140157E 3007 - 0157th About the same number is also in the 3008 , 5008
post #5508 of 5509 Unread Today, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubL View Post
Thanks, no serial number . I have to fix it yourself .
HDMI Motherboard BCHDM 25140157E 3007 - 0157th About the same number is also in the 3008 , 5008

Hmmm, OK then, this is the 807 thread, you might like to ask in the 3007 thread: Onkyo 3007 Official Thread

I don't see any reason to try a 3008 or 5008 board unless they are exactly the same part number. The HDMI board you want now assuming that you plan to keep this AVR is the latest revision Onkyo has which included the new TI DSP chip that replaces the chip that failed on you original HDMI board.

Al
post #5509 of 5509 Unread Today, 10:26 AM

I know it is a new system D830K013BZKB4 . I will try to replace it , but I think the HDMI board is damaged . Somebody heat up too much .
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page