Based on the specs and price (and the fact this one would actually fit in my old stereo cabinet), and that Best Buy just opened a new store down the street from where I work with a great 18-36 month same as cash financing deal, I bought mine a couple of days ago. It's taking some time to get setup and configured the way I like, but so far I'm pretty amazed by what this equipment offers. A couple of observations so far:
(1) the FM reception truly does stink. With my old JVC receiver I was able to pickup a lot of stations with a Terk FM antenna, although some of them didn't get decent stereo reception. (I have pretty much concluded that Terk antennas aren't worth nearly what you pay for them -- they're pretty, but they hardly ever meet expectations. ) However, with the 2065, I get about 3 stations and those cut in and out. I can get WGBH HD, but no other HD stations.
(2) there is no signal strength meter on FM -- you either scan until it picks something up, or enter the frequency by the number pad (which is nice feature). It's an all or nothing affair -- you either get the station or you don't. And even if you do manage to tune into one, it may cut out entirely on you.
(3) Bottom line is that a decent antenna is an absolute must with this unit.
(4) I did manage to not just check my firmware version as instructed but also update it -- it worked as described.
(5) Internet connection worked first time.
(6) Rhapsody is great (I'm a long time user), although having to enter login and search info in an alpha screen on the TV using cursor keys is a pain. The good news is you only have to do the signon once.
(7) The sound field programs are terrific.
(8) The auto speaker setup is very cool.
(9) I'm getting the HDMI control and switching working pretty well, but a few kinks still to work out. I really like the fact that I can listen to normal TV programs through the TV speakers and just turn on the 2065 and have the TV automatically switch its output to the receiver. This is great.
(10) I have a Sony KDL40XBR6 TV and tried to find a code for the remote to be able to control the 2065, but the best case was one that allowed me to turn off the 2065, but couldn't turn it back on.
(11) I will probably have to get a programmable universal remote. This unit adds 2 remotes to the already burgeoning collection and since I can't (yet, but hopefully will be able to) control the receiver from the TV remote, I can't yet reduce the clutter, confusion and complexity.
(12) And last, but not least, the sound quality is wonderful.
Any ideas on the correct remote code (if there is one) would be deeply appreciated. I fear this may be a case of Yamaha introducing a whole new code set for this receiver and I'll be out of luck.