"Official" RX-V2065 Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 440 Old 08-24-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Product Bulletin (looks pretty official)

http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/...v-receiver.pdf

Main Specs

130x7 20hz-20khz @ .08% THD
Weight : 27.4 pounds

Main Features

* GUI
* Analog 1080p video processing
* Network music including Rhaposdy; New to the 2065 is FLAC decoding
* XM/Sirius
* Five HDMI in (one front panel?), two out; two sub out; front panel USB
* HDMI CEC
* HDMI out in standbye mode
* HD Radio
* Raymond Burr, I mean Burr Brown DACs (192/24, obviously)
* No S-Video jacks ( for those who think this is a feature

Inputs
** Five HDMI inputs
** AV1 - Component video/optical
** AV2 - Component video/coax
** AV3 - Composite/coax ( odd combination)
** AV5, 6, 7 - Composite/Analog Stereo
** Audio 1, Audio 2 - Analog Stereo
** Multi-channel analog inputs
** Front USB
** Phono Input?

Outputs
* 7.1 preout set
* Two Sub Woofer outs
* Component video monitor
* Composite video monitor

General Comments

There's a good chance inputs are not assignable like the rest of the x65 series based on the back panel similarity. I have not seen a manual yet.

Networking looks really similar to my RX-V3900.

Power consumption unknown, so it's hard to say if the amp section is comparable to the 1900/3900 or not. Weight is 27.4 pounds. 3900 weight was 38 pounds 6 oz. You be the judge

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 440 Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 13,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Hmmmm..... interesting. Decent-ish specs and feature set, considering the changes to this years lineup. When does this come out and how much? I am getting pretty impatient wating for the Emotiva UMC-1. This would be my alternate choice.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #3 of 440 Old 08-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Member
 
drew.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I like the looks of my RX-3900 better. I think it has a cleaner look with most of the buttons / knobs hidden behind the front door. I never use any of the buttons on the front of my 3900 except for firmware upgrades. I wish you could upgrade the firmware using the remote. It would be nice to have the HDMI on the front like this model has.

Drew
drew.c is offline  
post #4 of 440 Old 08-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Senior Member
 
519audiofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Woodstock, ON
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
At 27 pounds it seems very light compared to the 1900/3900.
519audiofan is offline  
post #5 of 440 Old 08-25-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I edited the data because I missed that it had FLAC decoding.

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
post #6 of 440 Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post


Power consumption unknown, so it's hard to say if the amp section is comparable to the 1900/3900 or not. Weight is 27.4 pounds. 3900 weight was 38 pounds 6 oz. You be the judge

Makes me wonder if a x3065 and even an x4065 are in the works.

I'm very casually exploring upgrading from my rxv2700. I see that you went from that to a 3900 a while back so that's always one option.

Not sure how I feel about this x2065 unit yet.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #7 of 440 Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundChex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, west coast
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ View Post

Makes me wonder if a x3065 and even an x4065 are in the works.

Yamaha's release of the neoHD YMC-700 [US$800.00 MSRP], and inclusion of network capability in the [US$1,400.00 MSRP] RX-V2065 might suggest that networking and file sharing is 'becoming more important' to Yamaha. What we don't know is very much about the RX-V2065's processing capabilities: The NPB makes little mention of sound codec features beyond stating inclusion of the ["mandatory"] on board decoding of the lossless and high-res BD codecs. This receiver seems to be mainly about pushing down the price of data ubiquity...

What we don't see here [yet], is any indication of Yamaha's response to DPLIIz and DSX. Unless I'm mistaken, this receiver takes [most of] the feature set of the RX-V3900 [US$1,900.00 MSRP] and moves it down in price by $500! I would not expect Yamaha to leave the $1900 price point uncontested...!? Hopefully, we'll see something from CEDIA 2009 that will make a $500 price hike over the RX-V2065 worth while: Maybe new surround & height processing...?

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

SoundChex is online now  
post #8 of 440 Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Is it possible Yamaha took a bath with the market downturn, and is cautious about AVRs with MSRPs of over 1k?

I was surprised to compare the number of posts to the Pio SC thread to the 3900/1900 thread, the models I thought were direct competitors. Was the 1900/3900 less popular than other MFGs offerings in that price range?

I think the 3900 is amazing in many ways. It's so versatile - of course a lot of people don't care about versatile.

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
post #9 of 440 Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
BAMAVADER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mars
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have the Yamaha RX-V661 in our playroom which gets used every day for hours on end. It has been very consistently good. Is it just me or do the 65 series look overly cheap? I looked at the 665 in BB the other day and it looked like the volume knob and buttons, etc. were plastic? My 661 looks (and feels) heavier and of better quality. Again, this might not effect the sound quality at all but it would effect my decision to buy or upgrade. Pioneer has done the exact same thing. I saw a thread the other day about the Pioneer 1015 weighing 14 pounds more than it's 1019 equivalent. This is really cheap. The only new receivers I am interested in right now are the new Harman Kardons (16/26/3600) series. I also saw a thin Marantz receiver that looked sharp. It looked just like my Marantz stereo amp (PM5003) except it was a Home theater HDMI reciever. Very nice. I hope the skimping doesn't become the norm every year.

<><

RTR
BAMAVADER is online now  
post #10 of 440 Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Member
 
bigdrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looks like a sony.
bigdrunk is offline  
post #11 of 440 Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex View Post

Yamaha's release of the neoHD YMC-700 [US$800.00 MSRP], and inclusion of network capability in the [US$1,400.00 MSRP] RX-V2065 might suggest that networking and file sharing is 'becoming more important' to Yamaha. What we don't know is very much about the RX-V2065's processing capabilities: The NPB makes little mention of sound codec features beyond stating inclusion of the ["mandatory"] on board decoding of the lossless and high-res BD codecs. This receiver seems to be mainly about pushing down the price of data ubiquity...

What we don't see here [yet], is any indication of Yamaha's response to DPLIIz and DSX. Unless I'm mistaken, this receiver takes [most of] the feature set of the RX-V3900 [US$1,900.00 MSRP] and moves it down in price by $500! I would not expect Yamaha to leave the $1900 price point uncontested...!? Hopefully, we'll see something from CEDIA 2009 that will make a $500 price hike over the RX-V2065 worth while: Maybe new surround & height processing...?



Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

Is it possible Yamaha took a bath with the market downturn, and is cautious about AVRs with MSRPs of over 1k?

I was surprised to compare the number of posts to the Pio SC thread to the 3900/1900 thread, the models I thought were direct competitors. Was the 1900/3900 less popular than other MFGs offerings in that price range?

I think the 3900 is amazing in many ways. It's so versatile - of course a lot of people don't care about versatile.


I guess if I'm going to upgrade from my 2700 at some point I really want to make it worth it across the boards which means ideally I'd like to be able to do the "height" and "surround" channels like I see Denon 4310 and Onkyo 807 owners doing at present. I also want DPLIIz, DSX and anything else new along those lines.

The 3900 looks like a heck of a unit. If I stay with Yamaha on the upgrade that unit still seems to stand out the most to me.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #12 of 440 Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
If the height channels don't improve much over Yamaha's own presence channel solution, I know they would not impress me

Besides, where's it going to stop? I for one am not going to insert a speaker up the rectum for 10.1 sensarround no matter how great they say it will be

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
post #13 of 440 Old 08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

If the height channels don't improve much over Yamaha's own presence channel solution, I know they would not impress me

I know what you mean. As it stands, I'm halfway tempted to make a move on that Onkyo 807 although it's pretty early in terms of all the new goodies rolling out. Folks in that thread and the Denon 4310 thread seem to be pretty impressed with what they're getting off the height channels although some of what I'm reading there seems like a few screws need to be tightned down just a little bit.

I'm eager to see what comes out of CEDIA in the next couple of weeks.

Quote:



Besides, where's it going to stop? I for one am not going to insert a speaker up the rectum for 10.1 sensarround no matter how great they say it will be

LOL, but that's how this game is supposed to work? It never ends, right?

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #14 of 440 Old 08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundChex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, west coast
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

I for one am not going to insert a speaker up the rectum for 10.1 sensarround no matter how great they say it will be

. . . It's never a good idea to be an 'early adopter'. Besides 'one speaker' means that's just the 'ES/EX' version; the second generation inserts will probably use TWO speakers, and provide for some sort of pro logic type steering.

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

SoundChex is online now  
post #15 of 440 Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Member
 
asrermd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the 2065 will do digital 720p or 1080i to 1080p deinterlacing via HDMI??. I know it does analog video upscaling but what about digital. Somewhere in the spec sheet it mentions an anchor bay video chip. I know the one in the Denon's (ABT 2010 chip) 890 and 990 do.

Thanks

Alan
asrermd is offline  
post #16 of 440 Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrermd View Post

Does anyone know if the 2065 will do digital 720p or 1080i to 1080p deinterlacing via HDMI??. I know it does analog video upscaling but what about digital. Somewhere in the spec sheet it mentions an anchor bay video chip. I know the one in the Denon's (ABT 2010 chip) 890 and 990 do.

Thanks

• Analog video upscaling to full HD 1080p with TBC
• 1080p-compatible HDMI (5 in/2 out [simultaneous])

Based on the above bullet points, it sounds like analog only. Could be poorly worded or incomplete though.

Compare it to the 3900 bullet point -
* Analog and HDMI video upscaling to full HD 1080p (RX-V3900)

Makes sense to wait for more info to be sure.

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
post #17 of 440 Old 08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Member
 
HDTVJunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
** Phono Input?

It exists. Analog two channel.

Yes ma'am, it's working now. Turns out it was just a defective installer.
HDTVJunky is offline  
post #18 of 440 Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

• Analog video upscaling to full HD 1080p with TBC
• 1080p-compatible HDMI (5 in/2 out [simultaneous])

Based on the above bullet points, it sounds like analog only. Could be poorly worded or incomplete though.

Yes, so far it looks like the 2065 has the same video section as the 1065, which is not very impressive at that price point (not at the 1065's price point, let alone the 2065's). No GUI overlay on HDMI, no HDMI video processing.
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #19 of 440 Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Member
 
Axxis Audio Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Like Krik says the 2065 shares the same video processor as the rest of the 65 series down to the 565. It's the ABT 1012 processor and does scale all analog inputs to 1080p to output through the HDMI to the TV but it will not scale digital video input through HDMI. You need to step up to the 3900 for that feature.

We I met with the Yamaha new product rep earlier this year to check out the MusicCast 2 and the NeoHD products he mentioned that Yamaha would be releasing this piece as a lower cost Networkable product. Yamaha wanted a networkable receiver in a lower price point that would interface easily with the MusicCast 2 Commander remote. That way they will have a Five zone whole house system that integrates with your home theater and is plug and play for $2500 retail.

MusicCast 2 by the way is pretty damn cool and I would certainly recommend checking it out.

Jeff Sprowls
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio Jeff is offline  
post #20 of 440 Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blackmax2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
27 lbs, come on!
blackmax2k1 is offline  
post #21 of 440 Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I say this as someone who really likes Yamaha a lot and is still enjoying my 2700 although I'm kind of looking out for potential upgrades:

So far...does anyone else besides me feel like Yamaha is kind of dropping the ball this year, barring any surprises at CEDIA?

It really looks like Onkyo, for one, is surging ahead with all kinds of loaded and advanced features at varying price points up and down the ladder. I'm really kind of amazed at what they're putting out relative to price points.

Shy of the Z units, which would be overkill for me, the only unit from Yamaha I see as a worthwhile upgrade would be last year's excellent 3900 unit.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex View Post

Yamaha's release of the neoHD YMC-700 [US$800.00 MSRP], and inclusion of network capability in the [US$1,400.00 MSRP] RX-V2065 might suggest that networking and file sharing is 'becoming more important' to Yamaha. What we don't know is very much about the RX-V2065's processing capabilities: The NPB makes little mention of sound codec features beyond stating inclusion of the ["mandatory"] on board decoding of the lossless and high-res BD codecs. This receiver seems to be mainly about pushing down the price of data ubiquity...

What we don't see here [yet], is any indication of Yamaha's response to DPLIIz and DSX. Unless I'm mistaken, this receiver takes [most of] the feature set of the RX-V3900 [US$1,900.00 MSRP] and moves it down in price by $500! I would not expect Yamaha to leave the $1900 price point uncontested...!? Hopefully, we'll see something from CEDIA 2009 that will make a $500 price hike over the RX-V2065 worth while: Maybe new surround & height processing...?


^^ This is what I'm very eager to see unfold and how.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #22 of 440 Old 09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Axxis Audio Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q of BanditZ View Post

I say this as someone who really likes Yamaha a lot and is still enjoying my 2700 although I'm kind of looking out for potential upgrades:

So far...does anyone else besides me feel like Yamaha is kind of dropping the ball this year, barring any surprises at CEDIA?

It really looks like Onkyo, for one, is surging ahead with all kinds of loaded and advanced features at varying price points up and down the ladder. I'm really kind of amazed at what they're putting out relative to price points.

Shy of the Z units, which would be overkill for me, the only unit from Yamaha I see as a worthwhile upgrade would be last year's excellent 3900 unit.

I can certainly understand your sentiment here and I would tend to agree with you regarding the 665 and lower units. I still thing the 765 and up offer very competitive if not superior feature and performance sets for their given price points.

Unfortunatly the way the market has gone over the past several years the consumer is demanding more features and compatibilities at lower and lower prices with each new round of products developed. Meanwhile the components and liscensing to enable these feature sets and compatibilities have remained at least constant in price and in many cases have gone up. Yamaha is finding that in order to remain profitable at lower prices and give the consumer the features they are looking for they had to give up something. Unfortunatly that something was better amps and chasis construction.

I think you'll start to see some of the other manufacturers having to make these consetions as well in the near future. It just hit Yamaha harder because they remain true to their rigorous new product developement cycle.
Hopefully they will find a way to reverse this trend...

Jeff Sprowls
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio Jeff is offline  
post #23 of 440 Old 09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Q of BanditZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: blurayoasis.com
Posts: 15,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dang! I just had edited my previous post slightly with an addition. Might want to check it out real quick.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxis Audio Jeff View Post

I can certainly understand your sentiment here and I would tend to agree with you regarding the 665 and lower units. I still thing the 765 and up offer very competitive if not superior feature and performance sets for their given price points.

Unfortunatly the way the market has gone over the past several years the consumer is demanding more features and compatibilities at lower and lower prices with each new round of products developed. Meanwhile the components and liscensing to enable these feature sets and compatibilities have remained at least constant in price and in many cases have gone up. Yamaha is finding that in order to remain profitable at lower prices and give the consumer the features they are looking for they had to give up something. Unfortunatly that something was better amps and chasis construction.

Understood. And don't get me wrong. I really don't want to give the impression that I just outright think the 1065 and 2065 are subpar sight unseen. I'm strictly talking from a vantage point of my 2700 where I'm looking out over the landscape with what little information we all have.


Quote:



I think you'll start to see some of the other manufacturers having to make these consetions as well in the near future.

Below a certain price point I suspect it already has to a certain degree across the boards. Whether that trend grows and maybe even goes up the price point food chain will be interesting to watch.



Quote:


It just hit Yamaha harder because they remain true to their rigorous new product developement cycle.
Hopefully they will find a way to reverse this trend...

Agreed.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
Q of BanditZ is offline  
post #24 of 440 Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Axxis Audio Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I posted earlier on that as well. The connectivity of these new pieces is really cool. The way they integrate with the MusicCast 2 commander is very impressive. Full color 3" screen with meta data you can wander around your house with and pick sources and control your systems different zones. Its really cool!

Jeff Sprowls
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio Jeff is offline  
post #25 of 440 Old 09-05-2009, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
The Audioholics store claims the 2065 is in stock. Could be a mistake I suppose.
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #26 of 440 Old 09-10-2009, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundChex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, west coast
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Yamaha USA website now shows RX-V2065.

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

SoundChex is online now  
post #27 of 440 Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
According to the manual it only has the old single point YPAO (not the improved version of the 1900/3900).

The network features are nice, but no indication it can be controlled over the network.

Don't see anything about assignable inputs (not even the limited assignability that was added in the firmware update for the other x65 models).
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #28 of 440 Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I am a bit iffy about this product. I guess it's a 1900 replacement. It adds some potentially useful features. But is it as powerful as the 1900?

400 watts, max 800

The 1900 is 500/1100 I think.

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
post #29 of 440 Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 142
If you take away the network features, you have something less than a 1900 (in flexibility, weight, power). I think Yamaha might be merging the three distinct classes of receiver they've had for a while (e.g. x63, x800, Zx) into two classes.

Maybe there will be no direct replacements for the 1900/3900, just additional x65 models and then (hopefully) new Z models??
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #30 of 440 Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
MichaelJHuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 18,531
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I apologize for sounding like a malcontent, but the recent Yamaha releases make me really glad I got my 3900.

They seem to no longer care about the kind of receiver I want to own. I am sure they are fine for many people. But they have taken a step backwards IMO.

* Same price
* Less input flexibility
* More features, but in many cases nothing to write home about
* Less power

What am I missing here? Why would people not start looking elsewhere? I guess input flexibility is not important to a lot of people. I understand that. And not adding what I consider to be important features like dynamic volume control may not matter to many people. And not improving YPAO, or moving to Audyssey may not matter to people, or maybe they prefer YPAO.

But paying the same amount of money for less power, less inputs, less flexibility and in some cases not much value added (IMO,) seems like someone flipped over at Yamaha thinks customers deserve less for more money, and that they are so infatuated with the Yamaha name, they will keep buying.

I understand depending on what you want some of these models might work great for you.

"But this one goes up to 11"
MichaelJHuman is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off