Surge Protector or Power Conditioner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-25-2009, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to figure out what I really need here. I know nothing about power line conditioners. I just updated my basement and I'm setting up my Home Theater system. I'm kind of at a loss when researching surge protectors, power conditioners, or UPC units. I have already spent enough on the electronics and I've never had anything get shorted out in the last 10 years. Now, the Home electronics store was trying to sell me a 300 to 400 power conditioner by Monster. I know enough to know that Monster is overpriced. But, when researching other brands, they all come around the same price. I just don't see myself spending that much on something that provides no visible benefit.

Plus, I'm all tapped out on researching electronic components. At this point, I just want someone to feed me their recommendations.

So, what kind of power conditioner or surge protector would you recommend at $100 or less?

What do you think of the APC H10?

Or, what about this: http://www.amazon.com/Panamax-PM8-HT...1242002&sr=1-3

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Gaelinic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Get a whole house surge suppressor that attaches in or on your main circuit breaker panel. Prices start at $50.

Kevin