post #2821 of 2835 Old 04-18-2014, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Fan View Post

I received word that it will shipped yesterday

The receiver arrived yesterday. First let me say that it operates ok so far. When I opened the 2600z, i was shocked to discover that the receiver was simply sitting inside the box with minimal padding, allowing iT to rattle around inside about 4 inches on each side. The receiver was out of the wrapping on one corner. I suspect that they hurriedly wrapped it and taped it up for shipping without much thought for the safety of the product. The receiver that I returned for exchange was wrapped in plastic, and the front still had the plastic protective film on it. It was packed in form fitting styrofoam. Not the plastic wrap of this receiver. This receiver was not even wrapped in a plastic bag. As of now, I am debating on returning it once again due to the poor packing. Sorry for the rant, but I feel that the customer deserves better. I am happy that they replaced it with another 2600 and not a 2650. I will give it a few days to see if everything is ok. Stay tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 2835 Old 04-24-2014, 05:15 PM

Liked: 10

I've read many pages of this thread.  Though not 95.  I've seen a unit returned for display issues, but no real details on the display problem.  I'd love a hand for a client of mine who is feeling pretty burned.  

The unit is a HK AVR-2600 mfg. apr. 2011.  

I am not able to get the display on screen.  It went from working to not working without changing the setup.  According to the owner.  As well, he said it was sporadic, occurring randomly over a period of time.  He would fiddle with it to get it working, and because of this I am open to the idea that something was in-fact changed.  

I showed up to check the unit out.  I disconnected everything but the TV.  I attempted to get the setup on screen and wan not able to.  It seems the buttons on the front of the unit largely do not work.  The power/standby button works fine.  With the remote, I can make some changes such as turning on the radio, which works great.  but nothing associated with video (possibly just HDMI) seems to work.  I've connected the cable box to HDMI2 and the TV to Monitor out.  I've replaced both HDMI cables to eliminate this possible problem.  I've done a reset by placing the unit into standby and holding OK for several seconds, and the unit does reset.  Still after this, I am not able to get and display on screen.  The TV just says HDMI #1 No signal detected.  The unit is out of warranty, and I'm in Hawai'i so service centers mean shipping twice between US and Hawaii.  Not cheap.  I'm very disappointed in this unit.  I've had a much better experience with my personal Yamaha Receiver.  

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.  I'd truly like to solve this.  

post #2823 of 2835 Old 04-26-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:

The receiver arrived yesterday. First let me say that it operates ok so far. When I opened the 2600z, i was shocked to discover that the receiver was simply sitting inside the box with minimal padding, allowing iT to rattle around inside about 4 inches on each side. The receiver was out of the wrapping on one corner. I suspect that they hurriedly wrapped it and taped it up for shipping without much thought for the safety of the product. The receiver that I returned for exchange was wrapped in plastic, and the front still had the plastic protective film on it. It was packed in form fitting styrofoam. Not the plastic wrap of this receiver. This receiver was not even wrapped in a plastic bag. As of now, I am debating on returning it once again due to the poor packing. Sorry for the rant, but I feel that the customer deserves better. I am happy that they replaced it with another 2600 and not a 2650. I will give it a few days to see if everything is ok. Stay tuned.

Well, the video in this unit went out today. I will be returning the second unit.
post #2824 of 2835 Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 AM

What a mess. Clearly their customer service has gone to complete ****.
post #2825 of 2835 Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Its not the same company anymore, sad.
Will be looking at Yamaha receivers the next time around.
post #2826 of 2835 Old 05-02-2014, 06:40 PM

I got tired of trying to get any customer service, so I decided to give the AVR 2600 receiver away so I will no longer have to worry about it. I have a new Anthem MRX300 and it sounds and works great. I am free!
post #2827 of 2835 Old 05-03-2014, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

I got tired of trying to get any customer service, so I decided to give the AVR 2600 receiver away so I will no longer have to worry about it. I have a new Anthem MRX300 and it sounds and works great. I am free!

Now, about that screen name...... Seriously though, sorry about all the trouble youve had to endure and I dont blame you one bit.

my stuff:

Harman Kardon AVR 3600

Emotiva XPA-3

OPPO BDP-103

Klipsch RF-82II Mains

Klipsch RC 62II Center

Klipsch SS.5 L&R Surrounds

Klipsch SS.5 L&R Rear Surrounds

HSU Research VTF2-MK4 Subwoofer

Samsung UN65F8000 LED Monitor

post #2828 of 2835 Old 05-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnymoZ View Post

Now, about that screen name...... Seriously though, sorry about all the trouble youve had to endure and I dont blame you one bit.

That is also a concern of mine. I do not think I can change the screen name. I am still an old Harman Fan. Of Course My name is not spelled correctly. LOL. Maybe I should change it to Pre2005HarmanFan. I handed the 2600 off today to someone, so no more worries. They will be using the HDMI for audio only. Thanks.
post #2829 of 2835 Old 05-07-2014, 06:04 PM

I thought I was free of HK until yesterday. The UPS man dropped off another AVR2600Z. I contacted them and after spending a lot of time emailing, it was determined that it was sent to me by mistake. They asked me to return it. They provided me with a return authorization but want me to pay the postage. Go figure. I thought the nightmare was over. It will not be returned until they provide postage since I did not order it in the first place. Will it ever end? I feel like I am caught in a loop. It will sit until they provide postage.
post #2830 of 2835 Old 05-09-2014, 10:06 PM

Good grief...
post #2831 of 2835 Old 05-11-2014, 09:56 AM

I've had a AVR 2600 for a couple years now, and recently my wife was diagnosed with moderate hearing impairment and has started wearing hearing aids. She recently bought an accessory that transmits bluetooth audio to her hearing aids, which comes with an analog input-to-bluetooth transmitter. I'd like to get this hooked up to the AVR if possible; however, the two obvious places for this don't work as advertised. The front-panel headphone output mutes all other audio when plugged in, and the Analog 2-4 RCA outputs only send audio when the input is from an analog source, which means DVD/Blu-Ray or Apple TV audio is out.

Anyone have any other suggestions that might work?
post #2832 of 2835 Old 05-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:

I thought I was free of HK until yesterday. The UPS man dropped off another AVR2600Z. I contacted them and after spending a lot of time emailing, it was determined that it was sent to me by mistake. They asked me to return it. They provided me with a return authorization but want me to pay the postage. Go figure. I thought the nightmare was over. It will not be returned until they provide postage since I did not order it in the first place. Will it ever end? I feel like I am caught in a loop. It will sit until they provide postage.

After several more emails, I finally received a prepaid UPS tag today. Hopefully, this will be the final chapter on HK for me. What a nightmare! Let's hope that they do not send me a replacement for this one. Thanks for reading my rants. If there is one light on at HK, it has been my contact there. She has worked hard to find out the problems. They do have at least one good Customer Service Representative.
post #2833 of 2835 Old 06-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Picked up a 1650 HK new for 225.00 for a cheap HT setup , I know one can set the time the white lights stay on but every time you hit the remote buttons that moon shaped bright white light comes on , its so fricken ugly

do they make one with a blue light that shows up in a complete circle

Preamp: NOS Valves NBS Preamplifier
Selah Tempestas
BMC Pure Dac - Mac Mini
VPI Classic 2
post #2834 of 2835 Old 06-07-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

It is a full circle, you are looking at it at an angle.
post #2835 of 2835 Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have it on a bottom shelf it just looks weird , I understand its a full circle sorry I wasn't more clear

Preamp: NOS Valves NBS Preamplifier
Selah Tempestas
BMC Pure Dac - Mac Mini
VPI Classic 2
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page