Marantz SR6004/SR5004 Owners' Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1706 Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to plata90
Hi to all, there is available a firmware for SR-5004/6 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1706 Old 12-12-2009, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewmer View Post

So is that to say that direct pure is for higher listening levels and the neo6/audyssey/M-dax synergy is for lower listening levels?

Pure Direct is the same as Source Direct except that it turns off the video circuits and the front panel in order to prevent any noise from them getting into the audio.

Selden
post #543 of 1706 Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Pure Direct is the same as Source Direct except that it turns off the video circuits and the front panel in order to prevent any noise from them getting into the audio.

Thank you for that clarification. So my 7400 has a comparable direct mode as these newer machines. I have a separate path that by-passes the receiver for cd stereo listening but I find that path to be virtually indistinguishable from the receiver path in source direct mode. So the 7400 receiver dacs are doing as well as my older, higher end Proceed Dac and Preamp.

Once again though, my current 7400 source direct mode will only signal 2 channels when receiving pcm or 2 channel inbound. Assume that is still the same.
post #544 of 1706 Old 12-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Liked: 12
This is now week 2 with my second SR 5004 receiver. So far, so GOOD! Love the sound of the Marantz line.. They are rich like honey!

Charter FTTN TV
TiVo Roamio & Roamio Plus
118" Screen
PlayStation 4
Emotiva Amp On My Want List
post #545 of 1706 Old 12-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAhr View Post

This is now week 2 with my second SR 5004 receiver. So far, so GOOD! Love the sound of the Marantz line.. They are rich like honey!

Did you buy your 5004 from online or a local dealer? If online, can you pm where you got it?

Thanks,
post #546 of 1706 Old 12-13-2009, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you for that clarification. So my 7400 has a comparable direct mode as these newer machines. I have a separate path that by-passes the receiver for cd stereo listening but I find that path to be virtually indistinguishable from the receiver path in source direct mode. So the 7400 receiver dacs are doing as well as my older, higher end Proceed Dac and Preamp.

That's good to know!

Quote:

Once again though, my current 7400 source direct mode will only signal 2 channels when receiving pcm or 2 channel inbound. Assume that is still the same.

The channel display of most receivers indicates the configuration of the input signal, not the results of any internal manipulation to produce more channels.
[edit]Do you mean that it shows 2 channels when in fact it's receiving a multichannel PCM signal from a BD player? FWIW, my understanding is that coax and optical S/PDIF connections can only transmit 2 channel PCM and multichannel MPEG2, DD or DTS, not multichannel PCM. That has to be sent over an HDMI connection.
[/edit]

However, some 7.1 systems indicate only 5.1 if their rear channels are not connected to speakers. For example, on page 6 of the AV8003 manual it says
Quote:

Note:
When the unit is decoding Dolby TrueHD, the input
signal status displayed depends on the number of
channels of the speakers used.
If a 7.1-channel signal is supplied for a 5.1-channel
speaker system (L/C/R/SL/SR/SW), the “S” indicator
is not illuminated.

It doesn't say if the same is true for DTS HD audio, though.

Selden
post #547 of 1706 Old 12-13-2009, 10:53 AM

Entertainman,

Please check your pm's.

Charter FTTN TV
118" Screen
PlayStation 4
post #548 of 1706 Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 PM

Selden wrote:
[edit]Do you mean that it shows 2 channels when in fact it's receiving a multichannel PCM signal from a BD player? FWIW, my understanding is that coax and optical S/PDIF connections can only transmit 2 channel PCM and multichannel MPEG2, DD or DTS, not multichannel PCM. That has to be sent over an HDMI connection.
[/edit]

Selden -- I use the 7400's "multichannel stereo" mode to generate outbound surround from coax and optical cable inbound 2 channel pcm (cd or cable box sourced). Per your understanding above, switching to source direct results in 2 channel in, 2 channel out.

Dhallag had mentioned in his post 539, after discussing audyssey in his previous post, that he preferred direct pure mode listening and I was wondering if the 6004 direct pure mode somehow was able to provide outbound surround from 2 channel pcm inbound. Maybe he was suggesting he runs direct pure from DD or DTS multichannel inbound, but I can hear no difference when switching into source direct from a DD or DTS surround mode.

I am curious how the new HD audio formats compare with DD, DTS, SACD, and DVD Audio for music with the 6004 and 6003. I have yet to pop for the price of an OPPO Blue Ray player. I am not driven by better movie presentation, but I am interested whether DD and DTS HD formats will seriously enhance my investment in quallity speakers and amplifiers. And if so, will it require a new receiver? The 7400 has 7.1 analog in jacks.

At this point, I believe the next purchase should be the Oppo but I would like to know more than I do now before doing anything.
post #549 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 02:22 AM

Hi there, I'm new here and heard of this forum in a German AV community. I bought the SR5004 last Saturday and experienced the "pop of death" yesterday.

Here's what led to my "pop of death":

Setup:
- SR 5004 with speakers in a 5.0 configuration (without subwoofer)
- Input 1 (BluRay): Apple TV via HDMI, audio optical (as it's said to support Dolby Digital only via optical audio); Apple TV's remote mapped to the SR5004's remote
- Input 2 (DVD): Nintendo Wii via Component video and analogue audio
- Input 4 (TV): Computer via analogue audio and no video (it's an iMac with built-in screen)

What I did:
- Activated Dolby Digital on the Apple TV
- Played an AC3 test file
- Went into the SR5004's menu to change the display name to "Apple TV"
- Exited the menu

Then, it took about 1 minute until the Apple TV's output appeared again on my projector.

- Wanted to select another song

Now, on every button press of the remote, the sound disappeared for a short time.

- Switched the Apple TV to Stand-By

While the Apple TV went out, it did a loud "Pop" and the SR5004 was dead.

I have a replacement unit at home, will try it today, but I will now only connect the audio portions of Apple TV and Wii and will connect the video parts directly to the projector just like I did with my old AV receiver which only had a Composite out.
post #550 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Selden wrote:
[/edit]

Selden -- I use the 7400's "multichannel stereo" mode to generate outbound surround from coax and optical cable inbound 2 channel pcm (cd or cable box sourced). Per your understanding above, switching to source direct results in 2 channel in, 2 channel out.

Exactly
Quote:

Dhallag had mentioned in his post 539, after discussing audyssey in his previous post, that he preferred direct pure mode listening and I was wondering if the 6004 direct pure mode somehow was able to provide outbound surround from 2 channel pcm inbound. Maybe he was suggesting he runs direct pure from DD or DTS multichannel inbound, but I can hear no difference when switching into source direct from a DD or DTS surround mode.

The selection of Direct removes as much processing from the signal as possible. When analog inputs are selected, the DSP, bass management and tone controls are bypassed. When digital inputs are selected, they're converted to analog with no other processing whatsoever. For both analog and digital inputs, stereo stays two channel and multichannel inputs are sent straight to their associated amps and speakers. If you don't have full range speakers, the lower frequencies in those channels will be lost.

Quote:

I am curious how the new HD audio formats compare with DD, DTS, SACD, and DVD Audio for music with the 6004 and 6003. I have yet to pop for the price of an OPPO Blue Ray player. I am not driven by better movie presentation, but I am interested whether DD and DTS HD formats will seriously enhance my investment in quallity speakers and amplifiers. And if so, will it require a new receiver? The 7400 has 7.1 analog in jacks.

The new lossless formats, as well as SACD and DVD-A, require either HDMI connections or high quality DACs in the player and multichannel analog connections. Whether or not you'll hear any difference primarily depends on the quality of your speakers, your listening environment and your hearing. The quality of the electronics is less of a factor. The quality of the cabling is almost undetectable in comparison to the others.

Quote:

At this point, I believe the next purchase should be the Oppo but I would like to know more than I do now before doing anything.

I think the only way you'll know for sure is to listen to it in your environment. Maybe you can get a loaner from someone in your area.

Selden
post #551 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by swp-bhv View Post

Hi there, I'm new here and heard of this forum in a German AV community. I bought the SR5004 last Saturday and experienced the "pop of death" yesterday.

Here's what led to my "pop of death":

Setup:
- SR 5004 with speakers in a 5.0 configuration (without subwoofer)
- Input 1 (BluRay): Apple TV via HDMI, audio optical (as it's said to support Dolby Digital only via optical audio); Apple TV's remote mapped to the SR5004's remote
- Input 2 (DVD): Nintendo Wii via Component video and analogue audio
- Input 4 (TV): Computer via analogue audio and no video (it's an iMac with built-in screen)

What I did:
- Activated Dolby Digital on the Apple TV
- Played an AC3 test file
- Went into the SR5004's menu to change the display name to "Apple TV"
- Exited the menu

Then, it took about 1 minute until the Apple TV's output appeared again on my projector.

- Wanted to select another song

Now, on every button press of the remote, the sound disappeared for a short time.

- Switched the Apple TV to Stand-By

While the Apple TV went out, it did a loud "Pop" and the SR5004 was dead.

I have a replacement unit at home, will try it today, but I will now only connect the audio portions of Apple TV and Wii and will connect the video parts directly to the projector just like I did with my old AV receiver which only had a Composite out.

swp-bhv,

I am sorry to hear about your 5004 dying. If it is any consolation, do not throw yourself into existentialist angst about your setup and the root cause of the failure - after owning five dead 6004s and one living to this day, I can confidently say the problem began and ended within the Marantz unit itself.

If you have not done so already, please post your experience here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1199061

We're trying to keep track of all that have failed and how.

I hope your replacement will run without issue - I can also say confidently that not all units are effected.
post #552 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

I was almost convinced that this receiver was the one for me, until I read that it does not allow Audyssey Dynamic EQ when decoding bitstream from BD

What were they thinking .. was this not the biggest complain on the 6003?
And they make another one

Since 2ch performance is very important to me (My previous unit was a Meridian G68 preamp) ... this receiver seemed the logical choice.
Now I guess I have to go with one of the new Onkyos .. but which one???

Or do you think that dynamic EQ is not worth it (when listening on low volumes)?

/Sören
post #553 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM

On page 18, someone said that you should buy a nice multifunctional remote to use with the 6004... Well, don't! :-) The remote that came with the 6004 is excellent and you can map all kinds of devices to it. It has macro functions and learning functions and you can set up the devices through codes. It's really an excellent remote!
post #554 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 12:56 PM

The replacement unit died nearly at the same stage. I only connected optical audio and fed the HDMI directly into the projector. Then, playing the AC3 test file worked fine, but caused the sound to stop when selecting menu items, too. After selecting the third or so menu item, there was it: BOOM, unit dead.

Fortunately, I got a full refund, and picked up an Onkyo TX-SR607 as a replacement. This saved me 200 Euros and with my nearly 12 year old JBL speakers in my room which has quite some reverb and with the floor resonating at low frequencies around 20-30Hz, the sound quality is exactly the same as the Marantz'. Had to do some additional setup, though.

EDIT: The stopping of the sound in Dolby Digital mode occurs on the Onkyo, too, this seems to be a problem of the ATV. I switched off the menu sounds and now it works correctly.
post #555 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The replacement unit died nearly at the same stage. I only connected optical audio and fed the HDMI directly into the projector. Then, playing the AC3 test file worked fine, but caused the sound to stop when selecting menu items, too. After selecting the third or so menu item, there was it: BOOM, unit dead.

Fortunately, I got a full refund, and picked up an Onkyo TX-SR607 as a replacement. This saved me 200 Euros and with my nearly 12 year old JBL speakers in my room which has quite some reverb and with the floor resonating at low frequencies around 20-30Hz, the sound quality is exactly the same as the Marantz'. Had to do some additional setup, though.

EDIT: The stopping of the sound in Dolby Digital mode occurs on the Onkyo, too, this seems to be a problem of the ATV. I switched off the menu sounds and now it works correctly.

this is very interesting to read - 4/5 of mine that died were only connected via optical at the time of death. i wonder if the dsp has a problem with optical signals or something. would love to hear thoughts from an engineer on this since there is no voltage with an optical connection. this might make the case for a problem in the output stage a bit more cogent.
post #556 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 01:55 PM

There IS voltage even on optical connections, the only difference is, it is generated in the unit, not by the audio source. Maybe the converter makes too high a voltage or too high peaks when switching between the audio formats. As I stated, the ATV's menu sounds are in Stereo and when playing DD audio while navigating through the menu, every menu item causes the ATV to switch from DD to Stereo and back. I think the Marantz doesn't like this quick switching sequence. The Onkyo has problems, too, but it switches off the whole audio part for one second while changing audio configurations.
post #557 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There IS voltage even on optical connections, the only difference is, it is generated in the unit, not by the audio source. Maybe the converter makes too high a voltage or too high peaks when switching between the audio formats. As I stated, the ATV's menu sounds are in Stereo and when playing DD audio while navigating through the menu, every menu item causes the ATV to switch from DD to Stereo and back. I think the Marantz doesn't like this quick switching sequence. The Onkyo has problems, too, but it switches off the whole audio part for one second while changing audio configurations.

this might explain it...four of my dead units were while watching football on a saturday - the source codecs often go in and out of dd5.1/stereo/mono with commercials.

hotahr - any confirmation of the source during the pop of death?
post #558 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

this might explain it...four of my dead units were while watching football on a saturday - the source codecs often go in and out of dd5.1/stereo/mono with commercials.

hotahr - any confirmation of the source during the pop of death?

Winston,

My pop of death occurred while my Marantz was set to the "Auto" Sound setting. I was attempting to watch a blu-Ray Movie from my PS-3. I'm not sure which setting the Marantz was automatically selecting. But right when the movie was sending the audio, I could hear the receiver click to its auto selected sound field.. and POP!

Now, I am not sure what was going on with my buddy's unit, when his popped. If I recall correctly what he said, he was asleep on the couch, when he heard his die. I could be wrong about that, so I'll ask him the next time I talk to him.

Charter FTTN TV
118" Screen
PlayStation 4
post #559 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 05:28 PM

[quote=Selden Ball [The selection of Direct removes as much processing from the signal as possible. When analog inputs are selected, the DSP, bass management and tone controls are bypassed. When digital inputs are selected, they're converted to analog with no other processing whatsoever. For both analog and digital inputs, stereo stays two channel and multichannel inputs are sent straight to their associated amps and speakers. If you don't have full range speakers, the lower frequencies in those channels will be lost.]

Got it.

[quote=Selden Ball [The new lossless formats, as well as SACD and DVD-A, require either HDMI connections or high quality DACs in the player and multichannel analog connections. Whether or not you'll hear any difference primarily depends on the quality of your speakers, your listening environment and your hearing. The quality of the electronics is less of a factor. The quality of the cabling is almost undetectable in comparison to the others.]

Speakers are Sonus Faber mini-monitors front, middle and rear. Picture of front set-up attached. Boxes on the cabinet are small Totem subs. Has anyone done much with blue-ray audio only playback yet?

[quote=Selden Ball [I think the only way you'll know for sure is to listen to it in your environment. Maybe you can get a loaner from someone in your area.]

Thinking add the OPPO Blue-Ray player with existing receiver and see what new formats bring with analog connections. Then consider what upside is left in a 6004 vs. the cost.
LL
post #560 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Winston,

My pop of death occurred while my Marantz was set to the "Auto" Sound setting. I was attempting to watch a blu-Ray Movie from my PS-3. I'm not sure which setting the Marantz was automatically selecting. But right when the movie was sending the audio, I could hear the receiver click to its auto selected sound field.. and POP!

Now, I am not sure what was going on with my buddy's unit, when his popped. If I recall correctly what he said, he was asleep on the couch, when he heard his die. I could be wrong about that, so I'll ask him the next time I talk to him.

anyone have a theory on this? something in the dsps that could be faulty?
post #561 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

anyone have a theory on this? something in the dsps that could be faulty?

Winston, The Unit went from stereo to DTS.... to.. whatever it was wanting to select next.... right before the POP. I was fast forwarding the PS3 to get through the previews.

Charter FTTN TV
118" Screen
PlayStation 4
post #562 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Winston, The Unit went from stereo to DTS.... to.. whatever it was wanting to select next.... right before the POP. I was fast forwarding the PS3 to get through the previews.

maybe the dsps are bad. when i spoke to marantz, he said they are going to look at the returned units and try to source the problem.

only silver lining in this whole equation is that if you have a bad unit, it should die within the 30 days (the longest mine made was 27 days). All dealers should give you a 30 day guarantee.
post #563 of 1706 Old 12-14-2009, 10:40 PM

[quote=winston9332;The only silver lining in this whole equation is that if you have a bad unit, it should die within the 30 days (the longest mine made was 27 days). All dealers should give you a 30 day guarantee.[/QUOTE]

There is also the 3 year warranty from Marantz. Requires purchase from an authorized dealer. Owner pays shipping one way if it has to go in. The question to ask is what about their exclusion for damage caused by receiver failure to other components.

I do not think we have heard of anything like this so far, but evidence is such now that Marantz should either take them off the shelf or allow 5004/6004 catastrophic failure claims for damage to other system components. Maybe you could ask Paul Tamberelli at Marantz about this Winston?

No way Marantz customers should bear any risk to their gear going forward, however slight. At this point we do not know what that risk may be, other than it has not surfaced yet. Better to address it now.
post #564 of 1706 Old 12-15-2009, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is also the 3 year warranty from Marantz. Requires purchase from an authorized dealer. Owner pays shipping one way if it has to go in. The question to ask is what about their exclusion for damage caused by receiver failure to other components.

I do not think we have heard of anything like this so far, but evidence is such now that Marantz should either take them off the shelf or allow 5004/6004 catastrophic failure claims for damage to other system components. Maybe you could ask Paul Tamberelli at Marantz about this Winston?

No way Marantz customers should bear any risk to their gear going forward, however slight. At this point we do not know what that risk may be, other than it has not surfaced yet. Better to address it now.

I would not begin to speak for Paul, but will paraphrase our conversation with the underlying message that he/marantz will stand by their product and work to resolve any issue. i think it's fair to say that the problems with the xxx4 series do NOT affect every unit (or at least there's not anecdotal evidence that they do).
post #565 of 1706 Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to plata90
What are the options to be chosen individually for each source on 5004?
i know only dyn-vol and dyn-eq

thanks
post #566 of 1706 Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:

dhallag wrote:

So now thay your specific praise for the audyssey technology is in place, is it active in your system most of the time and under what conditions of operation. If pure direct remains your preferred music mode (and in the 7400 that dictates 2 channel only for pcm signals) , and if pure direct defeats audyssey, when and how does it come into play day to day?

It's really my pleasure. My sources are:
- TV via Comcast
- DVD via Playsation (hooked up via digital optical for DVD's and Analog Left and Right for CD and SACD)
- Internet music (Pandora)
- My vast .mp3's via Analog Left and Right

So the obvious is TV and DVD has the audyssey setting enabled. Here, the dynamic volume is extremely usefull.

As far as my analog settings, i am constantly switching between neo6 music and direct pure. i'm in the process of tweaking the aduyssey settings to get the best sound from neo6. with a little more time, i believe i'll get the sound to be just as good as direct pure. the only reason why i'm doing this is that with neo6, i can take advantage of the audyssey dynamic eq at lower volumes.
post #567 of 1706 Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 PM

I hope this information can help to find out the causes of the issues in the XXX4 line.

My SR 5004 has been working very well for two months.

Configuration: 2.0 (two Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, in bi-amp). The SR5004 is located on an open shelf, so that its top and right sides have free space for heat dissipation.

It is connected to an Oppo 980, via HDMI (coax for HDCD), so that only the following modes have been used so far: stereo (with Audyssey), source direct, pure direct and Dolby VS (for movies). I also listen to DVD-Audio and SACD (DSD mode), without any flaw. A Philips set-top box is also connected via HDMI.

My only complaint is that, even when setting HDMI video output resolution in the SR5004 to “Through”, there is a slight loss of colour and brightness, when compared to a direct connection between the Oppo 980 and the TV. I am using, between the receiver and the TV, a Belkin pure AV HDMI cable, 6 ft, certified for 1080p, 1.3. Oppo 980 is set to 720p resolution. Marantz suggested that I replace this cable with a 1440p one, which I think it is an expensive solution, since I use the equipment 90% for audio.
post #568 of 1706 Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Rick,

What model TV do you have?
Did you use the same HDMI input when comparing the Oppo and Marantz video?

I think you may need to check your TV's color calibration.

HDMI transmits all colors as encrypted digital values. Unless a receiver includes a video processing unit designed to change the colors, their values can't be changed by the receiver. The xxx4 receivers don't have that ability. As a result, the video color values sent by the Oppo are unchanged after passing through the receiver.

However, many TVs have separate brightness, contrast and color setting tables for each of their inputs. Calibrating the display for HDMI input #1 does not necessarily calibrate it for HDMI input #2.

[edit]
The cable can't change the colors either: either the numbers get through unchanged or you start seeing "sparklies" in the screen where they've been lost.
[/edit]

Selden
post #569 of 1706 Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Rick,

What model TV do you have?
Did you use the same HDMI input when comparing the Oppo and Marantz video?

I think you may need to check your TV's color calibration.

HDMI transmits all colors as encrypted digital values. Unless a receiver includes a video processing unit designed to change the colors, their values can't be changed by the receiver. The xxx4 receivers don't have that ability. As a result, the video color values sent by the Oppo are unchanged after passing through the receiver.

However, many TVs have separate brightness, contrast and color setting tables for each of their inputs. Calibrating the display for HDMI input #1 does not necessarily calibrate it for HDMI input #2.

[edit]
The cable can't change the colors either: either the numbers get through unchanged or you start seeing "sparklies" in the screen where they've been lost.
[/edit]

My TV is a Gradiente, with just one HDMI input. I recalibrated it so that the loss of colour and brightness was minimized. Yet, image quality is not the same as with the direct connection between DVD player and TV.
post #570 of 1706 Old 12-16-2009, 03:16 AM

Hello

I live in Europe and I ordered Marantz sr6004 last month at authorized resseler . Due to impossibility of moving to my new house I will connect this unit to my prepaired audio-video system up to this weekend. I´m really exciting of course but i m afraid of similar problems with marantz i have been reading in this forum couple of weeks very properly..I would be very pleased if i can share my experiences with testing with you and also be very thankful for your advices..

My system should consist of SR 6004 + MAGNAT Quantum set 607 5.1 in biamp configuration + set top box Sagem IAD 84 HD of my local provider of digital TV + PS3 SLIM a probably WII console..I prefer to connect PS3 and SETOPBOX to SR 6004 with HDMI and WII with videocomponent-audioanalog cables..from HDMI out of MARANTZ leads the 12m amplified BETTERCABLE 1.3 CAT 2 certified to the EPSON projector..

So i would try settings of all of them according to theirs manual guidlines and I dont want to let everything in" glassbox" due to fear of sudden death

But if there is any important thing which i should avoid to minimalize the potential risk of sudden failure / e.g. settings described by swp-bhv ..Entering the SR5004's menu while the Apple TV is playing deactivates the input from the Apple TV ..etc./ I would appreciate any comment or information..I will stay in this forum to keep in touch with you and refer my feelings from this hometheater which i hope to fall in love with and without his funeral untill 45 days will be over .

Thank You very much
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr6004 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page