Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 3525 Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin_guy View Post

Have the following components Samsung LN55b650, with Pioneer VSX receiver, + HD-DVR Box. They are all hooked up using HDMI cables. Everytime I power the system on the Receiver switches for HDMI 1 to the TV setting. So, I manually have to switch it back to HDMI 1 everytime I turn the system on...it is left on HDMI1 but switches to TV every freakin time! Any ideas? My thought was to program the Harmony Remote to switch back to HDMI 1. I would rather get to the root of the problem first before creating a work around. Please help! Chris

Go into the Input Setup menu and make sure TV doesn't have HDMI 1 selected under the HDMI input option. Im not sure what the exact menu titles are since I am not at home or near the manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3525 Old 10-13-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrigg View Post

I haven't tried that yet. I'll stop by Radio Shack on my way home and try it out tonight. I looked in the manual and it mentions setting up the trigger in the input selection menu... That confuses me since the amp is not an input, but is "downstream". Any advice on setting up the trigger, other than connecting it?

Thanks

1. Connect trigger input 1 from recieiver to the amp.
  2. Make sure you change the settings on your amp to trigger.
  3. In the receivers menu, you'll need to turn the 12 volt trigger on for each input source you have connected to the receiver, that way the amp stays active when you switch inputs.
Amp should then turn on and off as you turn the receiver on and off. Hope that solves your problem.
post #183 of 3525 Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson57 View Post

1. Connect trigger input 1 from recieiver to the amp.
  2. Make sure you change the settings on your amp to trigger.
  3. In the receivers menu, you'll need to turn the 12 volt trigger on for each input source you have connected to the receiver, that way the amp stays active when you switch inputs.
Amp should then turn on and off as you turn the receiver on and off. Hope that solves your problem.

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice.

Also, I earlier posted that I thought the 23 didn't have the sound quality as my previous receiver. That has changed since I spent time learning about MCACC. Anyone new to Pioneer (like I am) need to spend time learning about MCACC before they pass judgement on this (or any other Pio) receiver. Just the first page of the MCACC thread got my system sounding glorious!

Thanks for everyone's help!
post #184 of 3525 Old 10-13-2009, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyO View Post

Hey everyone... I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having.

I recently picked up the VSX-9040TXH (the 21 for US folks?) and my ipod will no longer play when connected to the front.

I first hooked it up when I initially took it out of the box and everything worked very well.

For some reason I came home today and it's stuck on "Loading" .. I left it for about an hour as I did housework but it's stuck there.

(I've tried connecting/disconnecting in different orders to hopefully get it to recognize but it won't)

Has anyone else had issues?

I did have it do that exact thing the other day with my daughter's ipod touch. I had just downloaded the newest 3.2 software, so I don't know if that changed anything as I had never plugged hers in. I'll try my ipod tomorrow and get back to you on that.

Tony B
post #185 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 02:51 AM

Hello Johnrigg....Can you or anyone else help me with 2-questions since I am new to all of this audio and video stuff.

I am about to purchase an Elite 23-THX so:

1...The triggering info you just posted...will that be something I need to do when I get
my 23 THX receiver?

2...When you talked about getting helpful information on another thread about setting
up the MACCC to get better sound quality...where did you find that? I have looked
all over and cannot find any thread. It would be nice to see what someone else
did or used for settings to make my life easier.

Thanks for the help.

Dave
post #186 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 03:57 AM

post #187 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 AM

Dave,

Out4it provided you the link to MCACC thread. The very first post in the thread includes a great beginner's guide with the steps to setup your 23TXH.

As far as the whole trigger thing, that is not anything you need to worry about unless you want your receiver to control the on/off of another component. It is a feature, not a requirement.
post #188 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrigg View Post

Dave,

Out4it provided you the link to MCACC thread. The very first post in the thread includes a great beginner's guide with the steps to setup your 23TXH.

As far as the whole trigger thing, that is not anything you need to worry about unless you want your receiver to control the on/off of another component. It is a feature, not a requirement.

Yes and those component must have a "trigger in". Usually things like an external amp, not BluRay players, CD players or TV's, etc. It just something that send a signal via wire to turn on and off amps you use. Nice to have, but unused by most.

Tony B
post #189 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey everyone... I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having.

I recently picked up the VSX-9040TXH (the 21 for US folks?) and my ipod will no longer play when connected to the front.

I first hooked it up when I initially took it out of the box and everything worked very well.

For some reason I came home today and it's stuck on "Loading" .. I left it for about an hour as I did housework but it's stuck there.

(I've tried connecting/disconnecting in different orders to hopefully get it to recognize but it won't)

Has anyone else had issues?

Well my sons 80g ipod classic is working. I wonder if the new software released for the touch has screwed us?

Tony B
post #190 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

6ave.com name your price is back. Someone please PM the best price they got on the VSX-23THX. Thanks
post #191 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 AM

Liked: 11
VSX-21txh question:

Is it possible to have different MCACC profiles for different seating positions? I sit on my couch for movies and on the floor closer to the TV for video games. Thanks.
post #192 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab View Post

Well my sons 80g ipod classic is working. I wonder if the new software released for the touch has screwed us?

Thanks for the update Tony... the odd part is that I haven't changed a single thing on my Touch. It's set up exactly as it was the first time it worked.

I'll borrow a friends Touch and see what happens with that.
post #193 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the update Tony... the odd part is that I haven't changed a single thing on my Touch. It's set up exactly as it was the first time it worked.

I'll borrow a friends Touch and see what happens with that.

Try this and see if it works. It will not erase your settings,music,etc.

To reset the iPhone or iPod Touch, press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at the same time for at least ten seconds, then the LCD display will clear and the Apple logo appears on the black background. When Apple logo appears, reset is done.
post #194 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticpuma View Post

VSX-21txh question:

Is it possible to have different MCACC profiles for different seating positions? I sit on my couch for movies and on the floor closer to the TV for video games. Thanks.

If you run the "Auto MCACC" and not the "Full Auto" you can tell it which of te 6 presets you want it saved to. The presets are labeled M1 - M6, and you can be change the label to your liking also. I have not done that, but it is explained in the manual.
post #195 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by out4it View Post

Try this and see if it works. It will not erase your settings,music,etc.

To reset the iPhone or iPod Touch, press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at the same time for at least ten seconds, then the LCD display will clear and the Apple logo appears on the black background. When Apple logo appears, reset is done.

Also the Pioneer manual is pretty specific on the hookup sequence. If I remember correctly, one must put AVR on standby, hook up the ipod via cable to it, turn it on and switch to the ipod input. I don't know how critical that is but that's what worked this am.

Tony B
post #196 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 PM

I also sent in a name your price to 6th AVE for the elite 23THX, but haven't heard a thing back. Never heard back from them last time on several items. Wonder if something on my laptop is blocking my price listing from reaching them.
post #197 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Has anyone heard of TVCity.TV? They have the Elite 23 just above $600 and their info says USA manufacturers warranty, however, there name is not on the Pioneer website of authorized dealers. Might not be a good idea to sue them>
post #198 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I got my offer back from 6ave with a counter offer. Still a good price and under $600.
post #199 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Hello Blackmax...Somehow they must not be getting my emails, because my offer for the 23THX was higher than $600, so you would think they would have accepted it or counter offered if you got an offer under $600.
post #200 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave41200 View Post

Hello Blackmax...Somehow they must not be getting my emails, because my offer for the 23THX was higher than $600, so you would think they would have accepted it or counter offered if you got an offer under $600.

Not to be the police here, but it I don't one of the moderaters will. We are not allowed to discuss price issues other than MSRP. I've seen threads get locked because of this. I've got nothing against a great bargain and I've had one from 6Ave in the past, but if these threads turn into "where to get the great deal" then we'll lose it. My suggestion is to PM members to discuss this. My 2 cents.

Regarding my old HDMI/DD/PCM issue, it was definitely the Directv HDDVR as the new one delivered today works like a charm with no handshake or any issues switching between HD and SD channels. (Yeah, I know, who watched SD channels?)

Tony B
post #201 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 06:37 PM

Hello Wabkab...I've only been on here for just over a month and was not fully aware of the numbers policy. Thank-you for the information and I will remember in the future not to mention prices that are not common practices of the thread.

Thanks Again

Dave
post #202 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave41200 View Post

Hello Wabkab...I've only been on here for just over a month and was not fully aware of the numbers policy. Thank-you for the information and I will remember in the future not to mention prices that are not common practices of the thread.

Thanks Again

Dave

No sweat. I've done it before myself.

Tony B
post #203 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabkab View Post

Also the Pioneer manual is pretty specific on the hookup sequence. If I remember correctly, one must put AVR on standby, hook up the ipod via cable to it, turn it on and switch to the ipod input. I don't know how critical that is but that's what worked this am.

I tried both of these things... (the ipod reset along with the "proper" sequence) and it now works!

Thanks guys!!
post #204 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a few questions that might help me make a choice on a receiver if anyone can help? I have been reading here and there and I am wondering what does upconverting mean for the 21 will this help me get a better picture thru my cox hd cable box. Right now I own a Yamaha 6160 and it only has 2 hdmi in and only upconverts to 480p my ? is that my cable box is hooked thru hdmi to the receiver to samsung A750 the cable box only shows 720p or 1080i when in the cable box menu - will the 21 upconvert the cable box to 1080P thru hdmi? Also how well does the Auto level control work I hate it when commercials come on and it gets so loud my yamaha does not help lol Is there a big diffrence between the 21 and 1019? Thanks for any info.
post #205 of 3525 Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 PM

I purchased a 21THX about 2 weeks ago. Having replaced an older Bose system, I am overall pleased and amazed with this AVR's capabilities. Due to financial limitations I was only able to purchase fronts and a sub. I am running my cable box, BD, and appleTV via HDMI. I will not try to push AppleTV to anyone, but the one HD movie I own and having been testing with is Quantum of Solace, the audio and video (Panasonic 50S1) are sweet, the sound is foolishly loud and bass kicks, which works for me. The only issue and disappointment thus far is that when I play music (I can access iTunes) and non HD movies through AppleTV or non HD channels on my cable box, my sub will not engage, I will not even get the LFE to light up. Having the initial sub I purchased, defective, I scoured this forum, and all of your info has been helpful, but after trying what I think has been everything I can not get sub action other than from Dolby recognized sources. Forgive me if I am missing something, but if I am showing STEREO on the 21, should I not expect to get subwoofer action?

Thank you.
post #206 of 3525 Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikpirate View Post

Go into the Input Setup menu and make sure TV doesn't have HDMI 1 selected under the HDMI input option. Im not sure what the exact menu titles are since I am not at home or near the manual.

Called Pioneer and they said they get 6 calls a day on this issue. The trick is to menu settings and turn Kuro link OFF. The receiver will then default to whatever is was left on. Thought this would be useful info for anyone searching in the future. Thank you for the reply. Best, chris
post #207 of 3525 Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 AM

Any resolution to this? I was watching an HD channel the other night, when program switched to ads, the receiver bounced from PCM to Dolby, and would not stop when the program came back on, nor when I changed the channel, I powered down and it went away.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.
post #208 of 3525 Old 10-15-2009, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrl446 View Post

Any resolution to this? I was watching an HD channel the other night, when program switched to ads, the receiver bounced from PCM to Dolby, and would not stop when the program came back on, nor when I changed the channel, I powered down and it went away.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

I'm surprised you have this problem cause prior Elites did not.
post #209 of 3525 Old 10-15-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamb View Post

I asked this same question on another related thread and unfortunately I don't think this is correct; maybe it will pass it with the Pioneer Kuro plasmas but not with other TV's:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post16876398

I can only hope somebody could prove me wrong.

Thanks.

Well, I finally got some time to play with my 23txh. With my Toshiba display, I cannot get the receiver to stay in standby, thus it will NOT pass the HDMI when switched off. I tried every setting, note, I do not have a Kuro link compatible device. Also, while the receiver is on, and in HDMI "THROUGH" mode, it generates a lot of excess heat, which surprised me cause essentially all the receiver is doing is passing through the HDMI signal.

Other than that, the receiver sounds great!

post #210 of 3525 Old 10-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEChump View Post

Well, I finally got some time to play with my 23txh. With my Toshiba display, I cannot get the receiver to stay in standby, thus it will NOT pass the HDMI when switched off. I tried every setting, note, I do not have a Kuro link compatible device. Also, while the receiver is on, and in HDMI "THROUGH" mode, it generates a lot of excess heat, which surprised me cause essentially all the receiver is doing is passing through the HDMI signal.

Other than that, the receiver sounds great!

Found this link to an overview of TV and components that support the Kuro Link Function; it seems that only 2 other brands support it: Panasonic and Sharp.

http://pioneer.jp/homeav/support/hdmi_cec/

Regards

So many ideas, so little money!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page