Integra DHC 40.1 - Page 27 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 25  26  27
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Integra DHC 40.1
Les B 08:48 AM 11-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
Hey DHC 40.1 folks....
Still really happy with my DHC....just wondering if there is a NEW firmware update as of Oct/Nov of this year '10........if so, what are the upgrades/fixes?? thanks,

Well as I haven't seen any posts for a long time regarding the DHC40.1, let me tell you my quick story. About a month ago my DHC40.1 decided no longer to deliver audio and I could only get video via HDMI. No audio from analog either. I thought I was doomed as my warranty had expired about 1.5 years ago. It took it in to a local service center and told be that I needed the main board replaced. They told me that this part was unavailable and to contact Integra directly and they wished me luck. At this point I thought I was real in trouble and was having thoughts about purchasing a new preamp, just before Christmas wasn't much of an option.

Fortunately, after searching the internet I saw a notice from Onkyo, under the special services program. As you may or may not know Integra is a subsidiary of Onkyo. I called the number and was serviced promptly in a friendly manner. Fortunately I had registered the preamp back in the fall of 2009. I gave the service person my serial number and voila, he gave me a reference number and a shipping box was sent to me about a week later. I followed the shipping instructions and sent the unit back and about two weeks later I received my DHC40.1 back! I rewired the unit in my A/V rack just the other day and works great and appears to sound better than before. Noticed better separation and depth and detail on limited playback so far. I haven't tweaked the unit using Audessey but plan to do this soon.

Overall I'm truly impressed with the service I received from Onkyo/Integra and when I'm ready to upgrade, I will consider their products first.
Thank you Integra you made me a believer in customer service again as a lot of electronic companies these days don't know the meaning of the word "service". BTW it turned out to be the main board that needed replacing.

decooney's Avatar decooney 07:50 AM 11-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les B View Post

Overall I'm truly impressed with the service I received from Onkyo/Integra and when I'm ready to upgrade, I will consider their products first.
Thank you Integra you made me a believer in customer service again as a lot of electronic companies these days don't know the meaning of the word "service". BTW it turned out to be the main board that needed replacing.

Good to know. My local dealer replaced the main board in my DHC-40.1 too. It does sound good and I felt lucky that Integra had the parts. Not only does it seem to sound a tad better, the HDMi switching seems to work better now too with the upgraded board. I hope to hang on to this DHC-40.1 for as long as it will keep on running.

I'll check back in a few years to see if this thread is still going and 40.1 owners are still enjoying their units.
Tags: Integra
First ... 25  26  27

Up