Integra DHC 40.1 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-02-2009, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
KBMAN
Pandora and the Vtune internet radio tuner work great. I already had a Panodara account, so once I logged in on the 40.1 it had my station list and it was ready to go. The audio quality is surprisingly good on Pandora on the 40.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Good to hear 66mgb.....BTW, is Pandora a free music service?

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 PM

KBMAN
Pandora is free as well as the Onkyo/Integra Vtune which has many local stations through out the country.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post

Good to hear 66mgb.....BTW, is Pandora a free music service?

okay...now u can purchase one !!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 AM

I am having a hard time justifying the cost difference between the 40.1 pre/pro and the 40.1 receiver. The receiver. which includes the amps, is quoted to me as $160 LESS than the pre/pro, which has no amps. Is this typical? $800 for a receiver vs. $1660 for comparable (really the same thing) pre/pro plus comparable separate amps? Does double the cost equate to double the sound quality? I was excited to try separates but the cost differences don't seem to be in check. Am I missing something?

Thank you -
Highlife

2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 AM

ya that makes it tough..
Old 11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

highlife,
I would say if you already have separate amps, then go for the pre/pro, for it will have all the benefits of more headroom and separate power supplies. If you don't have separate amps and you are on the fence, I would just go with the receiver version. I already have NAD separate amps, so I'm going the pre/pro model.....

AND yes Alan, I hear ya, I hear ya

Terrence

Old 11-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife View Post

I am having a hard time justifying the cost difference between the 40.1 pre/pro and the 40.1 receiver. The receiver. which includes the amps, is quoted to me as $160 LESS than the pre/pro, which has no amps. Is this typical? $800 for a receiver vs. $1660 for comparable (really the same thing) pre/pro plus comparable separate amps? Does double the cost equate to double the sound quality? I was excited to try separates but the cost differences don't seem to be in check. Am I missing something?

Thank you -
Highlife

Yes, just remember there are some feature differences between the 40.1 processor and receiver (besides amplification). E.g.'s include THX and ISF certifications, more hdmi connectivity, simultaneous or independently active HDMI outputs (Main / Sub), etc, etc. One just needs to go over the features list in detail to find them all.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post

Simultaneous or Independently Active HDMI Outputs (Main / Sub), etc,

Can you have different output resolutions on each of the two HDMI output (e.g. 1080p on MAIN and 720p on SUB)? I've read the manual but I couldn't figure this out. Thanks!

EDIT: may be not simultaneously (prob. out of the question because there is only one scaler on board) but how about independently? I only need one active at the time but one will be at different output resolution than the other, such that I can switch from one (1080p) to (720p) w/o reconfiguring anything.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post

Can you have different output resolutions on each of the two HDMI output (e.g. 1080p on MAIN and 720p on SUB)? I've read the manual but I couldn't figure this out. Thanks!

Sorry I can't help, but I don't know yet. My 40.1 still on order. Can anybody here answer this??
Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 AM

I've been looking at the 40.1 as well. I have a Rotel RSX-1056 at home, and while I love it, I need to get into HDMI. I think I'd have no problem using the Rotel as my amps and the 40.1 for pre/pro. I've got power hungry NHTs all the way around, but my thought is, if I like it now, this setup would definitely not be a step backwards. Any thoughts?

Also, there was talk about the Harmony One on here... I bought one when it first came out and loved it. Very easy to set up and use. However one fall from the sofa seat (20"?) to the hardwood floor and I cracked the LCD. It still works, but I do have to remind the wife where to tap to turn on the Blu-Ray.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM

An an FYI, my dealer took about 1 week from order to receiving the 40.1. I won't be able to pick it up for another week though myself.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Well,
I just pulled the trigger on the 40.1. I will give it a good "listen" and see if it betters my Lexicon MC-1. Kal said the room correction alone was worth it, so I'm going to TRY to be as objective as I can. I will let you guys know in a couple of weeks of my comparative results....

Terrence

Old 11-06-2009, 08:23 PM

Anyone know where I can get one of these? There are no dealers listed in Maine.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 PM

Try by zip. It seems their search engine "sucks" because I got more hits by zip than by state.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynaman2 View Post

I've been looking at the 40.1 as well. I have a Rotel RSX-1056 at home, and while I love it, I need to get into HDMI. I think I'd have no problem using the Rotel as my amps and the 40.1 for pre/pro. I've got power hungry NHTs all the way around, but my thought is, if I like it now, this setup would definitely not be a step backwards. Any thoughts?

Also, there was talk about the Harmony One on here... I bought one when it first came out and loved it. Very easy to set up and use. However one fall from the sofa seat (20"?) to the hardwood floor and I cracked the LCD. It still works, but I do have to remind the wife where to tap to turn on the Blu-Ray.

I had the same Rotel and I'm now using an Integra 7.8
I think you have the right idea.
I am using an Odyssey poweramp for the fronts and it sounds amazing. I think the processing is really good on my Integra but I'm not too convinced about the Integra/Onkyo amps. At least compared to my Rotel (and definitely the Odyssey), they sound a little thin. So your setup might not be the cleanest looking (with a processor powering your speakers) but I believe it will sound great. Between hi-res audio and room-correction... you'll be blown away.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post

Sorry I can't help, but I don't know yet. My 40.1 still on order. Can anybody here answer this??

why don't u just call Integra Product Support...800-225-1946...they r open Sat and Sun 1-4 pm est ( I believe)
alan
Old 11-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post

EDIT: may be not simultaneously (prob. out of the question because there is only one scaler on board) but how about independently? I only need one active at the time but one will be at different output resolution than the other, such that I can switch from one (1080p) to (720p) w/o reconfiguring anything.

just got off the phone w/Tech Supp. When u set one HDMI out both are set at the same resolution...you cannot set them independently.
that being said...until someone here tries it...
alan
Old 11-08-2009, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

got a question for you guys....When you setup Audyssey for the first time, is it necessary to calibrate for all six listening positions? Will I have better results in the primary seat if I do this? Thanks,

Terrence

Old 11-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

just got off the phone w/Tech Supp. When u set one HDMI out both are set at the same resolution...you cannot set them independently.
that being said...until someone here tries it...
alan

thanks Alan, I was wondering about that myself.

Craig
Old 11-08-2009, 06:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post

got a question for you guys....When you setup Audyssey for the first time, is it necessary to calibrate for all six listening positions?

You should be thinking not so much of "seats," but of measurement positions. Audyssey needs to sample the listening environment , even for one listening position. I generally use 8-12 positions for 1 position.

Quote:

Will I have better results in the primary seat if I do this? Thanks,

Yes.

I recommend the GUIDE linked in the first post of the "Official" Audyssey thread.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Old 11-12-2009, 06:26 PM

My DHC-40.1 came in this afternoon. So i've been busy playing. SACD fed from my OPPO BDP-83 via DSD sounds great! Streaming audio from my Windows 7 and XP PC's is a snap. It even reads and plays my playlist and shows album art if its in the folder.
The MultiEq was a breeze to set up. So far everything sounds and looks great. Here's some pics including ones with the top off. Lots of open real estate inside.lol
The only negatives so far:
1)The head phone pre amp sucks-I get a loud hum through my SonyMDR-XB700'S and a slight hum through my Sennheiser HD-650's(higher load)
2)You can't shut off the front display-you can only dim and it's still to bright in a light controlled room.
3)This one's not Integra's fault but Logitech has no support for it yet. I had to use the DTR-40.1 setting to get it up and running but it's missing functions.
I also had to dampen the cover along the front edge as it was very resonant and rattled when you tapped it (no big deal and most people would never notice it). Easy fix.

"If it's smaller than 92" it's not Home Theater...It's just a room with a big TV"
Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Cdvision, I can help you with the harmony codes. Go to the official Onkyo 876 forum, at the end of the first post is a link to every hex code you could ever want for most Onkyo/Integra products (thanks to Rickard L for posting this!). While the 40.1 is not on there the DHC 9.9 codes work perfectly! Make your own spreadsheet of the codes you want to add to your remote, email it to logitech supprt and in a few days you'll be good to go!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brklyn Joe View Post

Cdvision, I can help you with the harmony codes. Go to the official Onkyo 876 forum, at the end of the first post is a link to every hex code you could ever want for most Onkyo/Integra products (thanks to Rickard L for posting this!). While the 40.1 is not on there the DHC 9.9 codes work perfectly! Make your own spreadsheet of the codes you want to add to your remote, email it to logitech supprt and in a few days you'll be good to go!

Thank but that's too much work for me.
I'll just wait for Logitech to add the DHC-40.1 to their database. It shouldn't take to long.

"If it's smaller than 92" it's not Home Theater...It's just a room with a big TV"
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM

You could do that, but many of these codes are not even available on the 40.1 remote. It's real nice having direct access to Dyanamic Vol, Dynamic EQ, Audyssey just to name a few.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brklyn Joe View Post

You could do that, but many of these codes are not even available on the 40.1 remote. It's real nice having direct access to Dyanamic Vol, Dynamic EQ, Audyssey just to name a few.

Joe,

You are correct as I have all the codes you list above thanks to forum member jcalabria. I have the 886 and the direct access codes were not available as you mention. The 886 has been in the Harmony database for sometime but the direct access codes are not. You have to request them or you will be waiting for a long time.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:01 AM

I just redid my Harmony 720 remote using the Onkyo TX NR807 code and it works flawless.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Joe,

You are correct as I have all the codes you list above thanks to forum member jcalabria. I have the 886 and the direct access codes were not available as you mention. The 886 has been in the Harmony database for sometime but the direct access codes are not. You have to request them or you will be waiting for a long time.

Bill

The remote codes in the document discussed seems to work ok for my TX-NR3007 except
Audyssey 2EQ/MultEQ/MultEQ XT Code
D21E 50 8E Off
D21E 50 8F On
D2AC DF Audyssey 2EQ/MultEQ/MultEQ XT(Wrap-Around Up)
instead, they acted like
Dynamic EQ Code
D21E 50 8B Off
D21E 50 8C On
D21E 50 8D Dynamic EQ(Wrap-Around Up)
which worked as they should though, as well as these ones which also works ok:
Dynamic Volume Code
D21E 50 80 Off
D21E 50 81 Light
D21E 50 82 Medium
D21E 50 83 Heavy
D21E 50 84 Dynamic Volume(Wrap-Around Up)
Listening Mode Code
D2AC 52 Straight Decode
Re-EQ/Cinema Filter Code
D26C D6 Re-EQ/Cinema (Wrap Around Up)
Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvision View Post

I just redid my Harmony 720 remote using the Onkyo TX NR807 code and it works flawless.

Are all the direct access codes available for the 807 (other --07 models as well) from Harmony?

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Are all the direct access codes available for the 807 (other --07 models as well) from Harmony?

Bill

Nope. Not all.
You still need to get Logitech to add Audyssey, ISF, StraightDecode etc for your x007 device.

Tags
Integra