The Onkyo TX-NR3007/TX-NR5007 common questions/issues/hints/answers thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #271 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post

Actually, the Onkyo 2008 models had only 3 settings Off, Light and Heavy.
These 2009 xx07 models have Off, Light, Medium and Heavy!

Denon has more descriptive names:
Light = Day mode for just taking the edge off the volume variations
Medium = Evening mode for medium level adjustments
Heavy = Midnight mode, for late night listening.

A personal reflection is that Audyssey Dynamic Volume works much much better in the 3007 than it did in my 876!

You are correct (as usual) about the three settings, however as I am still using the code set from my 876 I don't have a discrete for "medium" which is why I forgot about it. And yes, the DynamicVolume works much better in the 3007 than it did in my 876!
Best,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 05:48 AM

to Vagetto
Bi-amp only with surround back teminals.
Very good sound.
Slowly read instruction book.
Cheers.
nesone
post #273 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt11 View Post

It does output from both HDMI outs at the same time however I've notice one issue I'm having and wonder if anyone else is.

I've got my 3007 outputs going to my Panasonic AE4000 projector and an old Samsung DLP. When I turn on only the DLP I get an audio dropout every few seconds. If I unplug the HDMI cable going to the projector or turn the projector power switch on (not the lamp) this stops. Is anyone else seeing this?

I have the 1007, epson projector and a Samsung DLP. No problems so far - knock on wood
post #274 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM

I have posted recent updates in the 5007 thread. Since this information seems to be germain to all the X007 series units I am posting a link for general interest.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post17648744

Regards,
Adamg
post #275 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 AM

Can I please get a quick clairification on the "Clicking". I was under the impression that clicking occured when a source was changed i.e. switching from DVD to CBL/SAT. Is that correct?

Or is clicking happening when locked on a source and the codec changes while switching channels from a DD 5.1 audio broadcast to Digitial Stereo broadcast with Direct TV.

Please advise.

TIA

Samsung UN55B8500 (In Transit),Parasound Halo A51 & HCA-3500,Energy Veritas 2.4, 2.3, 2.2 & 2.0R's 7.1Onkyo 906 & 3007Oppo BDP-83, PS3
post #276 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry.P View Post

Can I please get a quick clairification on the "Clicking". I was under the impression that clicking occured when a source was changed i.e. switching from DVD to CBL/SAT. Is that correct?

Or is clicking happening when locked on a source and the codec changes while switching channels from a DD 5.1 audio broadcast to Digitial Stereo broadcast with Direct TV.

Please advise.

TIA

both

post #277 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry.P View Post

Please advise.

TIA

Relay clicking does not occur per se for me if I switch input source.
Relay clicking occurs for me when I switch from DD 5.1 audio to 2.0 audio. But not from 2.0 to 5.1.
But if changing input sources does imply switch from DD 5.1 audio to 2.0 audio, it will cause clicking.
post #278 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post

Relay clicking does not occur per se for me if I switch input source.
Relay clicking occurs for me when I switch from DD 5.1 audio to 2.0 audio. But not from 2.0 to 5.1.
But if changing input sources does imply switch from DD 5.1 audio to 2.0 audio, it will cause clicking.

Tack Sa Mycket!!!

Samsung UN55B8500 (In Transit),Parasound Halo A51 & HCA-3500,Energy Veritas 2.4, 2.3, 2.2 & 2.0R's 7.1Onkyo 906 & 3007Oppo BDP-83, PS3
post #279 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesone View Post

to Vagetto
Bi-amp only with surround back teminals.
Very good sound.
Slowly read instruction book.
Cheers.
nesone

Ouch!

I really plan to keep surround backs!

Go Broncos!
post #280 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaggeto View Post

Ouch!

I really plan to keep surround backs!

That's ok.
When You have time, try Bi-amp, and writte us your opinion.
Ok?
Cheers
post #281 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Well I just got my 3007 from Newegg and its DOA. It will not come out of standby mode. I have waited an hour with everything unplugged, plugged just power back in, and still stuck in standby. Nice.
post #282 of 4725 Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have the 3007 now for 3 weeks and it replaces the 876.
I do find the 3007 to be a better amp with more options then the 876, but also
the 3007 has some disadvantage to the 876 and thats the "clicking" part.
I hear two types of clicking, one loud and one much lower in volume.......
The loud one is the relay click between switching audio settings with the listening mode button on the remote, never had this on the 876.
The lower volume click is the one that occurs between tracks on the use of the NET port, and between switching sources.
This is a click when the 3007 activates MUTE, according to Onkyo Europe, and can not be turned off.
Also the use of gapless playback on NET is not (yet) possible, this would kill the lower volume clicks.............
Special the clicks when i use the listening mode button are bad, and make you want to stop fast selecting your favorite audio setting
Have no idea why the 3007 has this clicking and the 876 did not.........

I have now a 11.1 setup and tried both WIDE and HIGH speakers with various sources like music, TV, radio and BD.
I find WIDE to most usefull and has the biggest listening "improvement".
Also find WIDE to be a great addition for BD a realy pulls the soundstage wider, on TV with A.C.S. its not so a big differents.
For WIDE and HIGH i use satelite speakers of a surround set and works great.
Its still strange that Onkyo only lets you use WIDE or HIGH and not both as the audio codec is availible to run both with the DSX option
I know we have "just" 9 amps and not 11 but it would be better to split the wide or high amp so we could use both options at the same time.
maybe it will be possible with a future Firmware update
(PS. Audyssey DSX setting will NOT use the surround back speakers, PLII DSX will use the surround back speakers, strange...........)

In my case i will use WIDE for 100% of the time and have the HIGH speakers ready for use when someday PLIIz will come availible on BD.
post #283 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am trying to get my 3007 connected. My analog TV uses component input. All of my audio connections are analog. I have connected component inputs to the 3007 from a DVD player, a Netgear EVA-8000 multimedia player and a Dish 722 DVR. The DVD player and the Netgear both work fine. I can't get a picture from the Dish unit using the component cables. I have tried connecting the Dish directly to the 3007 and through a SlingBox HD Pro. The signal to the SlingBox works fine. I can see and hear it by logging in from a computer. If I connect the Dish to the 3007 using S-Video it works fine. When the Dish is connected to the 3007 using component cables there is no picture and no sound. If I disconnect just the green component cable there is still no picture but the sound comes on. I have tried connecting the Dish to the In1, In2, and In3 video inputs along with doing the proper video assignments. I get the same problem at all three inputs. All three inputs work fine from the DVD player and Netgear.

Help!
post #284 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chexi1 View Post

Well I just got my 3007 from Newegg and its DOA. It will not come out of standby mode. I have waited an hour with everything unplugged, plugged just power back in, and still stuck in standby. Nice.

Ouch sorry to hear that. It's kinda scary knowing mine is supposed to arrive from them tomorrow.

On another note, does anyone know if actual wattages outputs have been measured based on varying # of channels in use?

Thanks

Go Broncos!
post #285 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:

Did you check the main power switch behind the alu panel?
post #286 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _XipHiaS_ View Post

Did you check the main power switch behind the alu panel?

That only exists for European/Asian models. Newegg is probably US.
post #287 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:

did you try the factory reset (press video + standby at the same time)?
post #288 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

(PS. Audyssey DSX setting will NOT use the surround back speakers, PLII DSX will use the surround back speakers, strange...........)

In my case i will use WIDE for 100% of the time and have the HIGH speakers ready for use when someday PLIIz will come availible on BD.

I've noticed the same thing. Just when I think I understand all the modes, I get confused again.
post #289 of 4725 Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
First ...great site, and great group on this thread. I hope to be able to help here in the future.

For now, I'm doing my initial setup on a 3007 and learning.

Zone2

I have done the following
  • Zone2 wires set on the Front Wide/Zone 2 outputs on the AVR
  • I have activated Powered Zone2 in speaker settings
  • I have validated that Speakers Front Type B is set to 'Not in Use'
  • I do have the speaker wires running through a Niles Speaker Selection system, which worked fine with my old Onkyo

As you may have guessed, I'm getting no sound in Zone2.To use Zone 2 with the remote, I press the Zone button, turning it red; press the ON button; then press the Tuner button (expecting to play the radio through Zone 2.)

Any ideas? Did I miss something, or misunderstand the instructions?

VCR
I have a VCR which is hooked up this way
  • RCA Audio red to VCR/DVR Component In (Item 24 on back)
  • RCA Audio white towhite VCR/DVR Comonent In (item 24 on back)
  • S-Video to S-Video in on VCR/DVR on item 24 on back
  • Monitor Out setting is set to HDMI Main
  • Component Video Input for VCR/DVR is set to ---------
a

I get audio when I play a tape, but I do not get video.

Same questions: any suggestions? Did I miss something?
post #290 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi,

when i go to the "Listening Mode Preset" menu (3007) for NET/USB and select a audio mode i want, nothing is changing
What is wrong with this ?
I am using the USB port and a iPod is connected that is pumping out MP3 files.
All is working, get all the menus on the screen and it seems to do only All Channel Stereo.

post #291 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

Hi,

when i go to the "Listening Mode Preset" menu (3007) for NET/USB and select a audio mode i want, nothing is changing
What is wrong with this ?
I am using the USB port and a iPod is connected that is pumping out MP3 files.
All is working, get all the menus on the screen and it seems to do only All Channel Stereo.

It will have the same listening mode as you had the last time you had the input to NETUSB since you powered it on.
Changes to "Listening Mode Preset" will not affect that until you power off and again select NET/USB.
Change listening mode with the[Listening Mode Music] button on the remote if you don't want to power off/on.
post #292 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, not enough time to have gotten a validation of my settings or suggestions, but I got things figured out.

It seems that the S-Video must have gone bad on the VCR. Just can't get it to work. But I can get video using the RCA out on the video.

On the Zone 2, I went through the settings again. I got it to play. But I couldn't get the volume to change. To try that, I pressed Zone2 on remote; then the volume buttons.

Then I turned off Zone2. Now I can't get it to come back on. And sometimes when I try to turn the tuner on in Zone2, I press Zone2, then Tuner, but instead of turning the tuner on in Zone2, it turns it on in the Main area.

Emotionally I feel like I just need to get the hang of the right steps...but then, but rationally it seems like it is not working consistently correct.

[EDIT]
Well, I think it is just a matter of learnign the system. I may be coming on very low. I'm leaving this post here so if anyone else new struggles with this, it may help. I'll past back as I learn more.

[EDIT 2]
I upped the startup volume for Zone2. Maybe this has been the problem all along.

Now, I find I can send my Tuner to Zone2; I can send my VCR to Zone2, but when I put the source to Cable/SAT, it will not go to Zone 2. One more myster ;-)

[EDIT 3]
WTF!!! I just read in the troubleshooting that the Zone 2/3 will only put out sound from analog input. What the heck?

This is why my DVR will not play in Zone 2, as I'm feeding it with HDMI.

As time goes on and more things are HDMI, ulltimately nothing will play to Zone 2/3.
post #293 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Troll

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
does anyone know how to get the zone 2 12v trigger to activate just to trigger my emotiva amp? i do have a harmony 550 and 880 remotes, but haven't found much useful information about it asides from it being possible. I do use all of my 9.2 channels.
post #294 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 AM

I've posted before - but I do not believe that the audio dropouts are an Onkyo issue. The issue may just more pronounced with the Onkyo because of the relay clicking (in other words you cannot miss the dropouts with the Onkyo - but with a Denon it may be subtle enough that you don't notice some of the dropouts). Please go the following link:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=167900&page=5

I can't imagine that all of the people on that thread own Onkyo receivers. I have DirecTV and experience very similar issues to what is posted. It seems to occur more often with certain shows/networks (e.g. Dexter and Showtime). I also had U-verse for a short time - using wiring independent from my DirecTV setup and experienced the same issues both on TVs with and without my Onkyo receiver.

There have been other reports of rebroadcast problems with providers. Whether the issue is with the cable/satellite providers or the network - I don't know. Also, the problem seems to be recent and it may just be a coincident that it occurred at around the same time the new Onkyo line hit the mainstream.

I just have a hard time believing that it is solely an Onkyo issue when I experienced the same issues in my home with two different HDTV providers on multiple systems including two systems that do not include any Onkyo equipment. Not only were the symptoms the same they occurred in the same exact part of the program in all systems and was easy to replicate by rewinding (in other words it was not completely random).

I have never had any dropouts with the Onkyo listening to two channel audio, DVDs or blu-rays.
post #295 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Just for FYI...I am on Dish, and I have annoying dropouts, and it is a know issue with the Dish DVR. Had this before moving to the 3007.

I am only this weekend getting the 3007 installed, so I have not had time to experience them.

On the Dish droputs, it is more pronounced on recordings. Not too bad when watching live. I thinke the concensus is there is a software problem in the decoder.

Also, I have seen no reports about Dish dropouts on the Onkyo.I'm curious if anyone is experiencing that.
post #296 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Is the option to set up to play ONLY Zone2 or ONLY Wide? As opposed to High playing if Zone2 is off?

The reason I ask is the terminals for Zone 3 (amplified) and Wide are one and the same (same goes for Zone2 and High) . So, my assumption is that if I want to play to Zone 3 via this AVR, as opposed to through pre-out, I would forego wide speakers. Because if I hooked wide speakers and Zone3 speakers to the same posts, it would play at both.

It almost seems silly to ask teh question, but I guess I am just to be sure I'm right on this.
post #297 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

How can i use a sound file with a problem sound i want your opinion about, in this forum ?
post #298 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'm confused:with what listening mode can I get audio both from the DSX Wide speakers and the surround (side and back) speakers?
post #299 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 08:46 PM

I have an 5007 and tonight we were watching a movie on HBO, Eagle Eye, but when I changed the listening mode from "All Channel" to PLzII, THX, DSX or almost anything else I lost the sound track containing the dialog. All the music and sound effects from the movie played on the speakers its just that their mouths were moving but no sound was comming out of the speakers - it was strange. When I cycled back to "All Channel" all of the sound was back again.

Has anyone had this problem? I have not installed the new firmware upgrade and I am thinking that I will run the Audessey speaker set-up tomorrow. I recently had to disconnect the whole system and move it as the electricians were in to run new power lines and start putting wires in walls.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hk Chuck
post #300 of 4725 Old 12-05-2009, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk Chuck View Post

I have an 5007 and tonight we were watching a movie on HBO, Eagle Eye, but when I changed the listening mode from "All Channel" to PLzII, THX, DSX or almost anything else I lost the sound track containing the dialog. All the music and sound effects from the movie played on the speakers its just that their mouths were moving but no sound was comming out of the speakers - it was strange. When I cycled back to "All Channel" all of the sound was back again.

Has anyone had this problem? I have not installed the new firmware upgrade and I am thinking that I will run the Audessey speaker set-up tomorrow. I recently had to disconnect the whole system and move it as the electricians were in to run new power lines and start putting wires in walls.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Hk Chuck

That's odd... any chance your center speaker has been disconnected?

Go Broncos!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Onkyo Tx Nr5007 145 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page