The Onkyo TX-NR3007/TX-NR5007 common questions/issues/hints/answers thread - Page 144 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4291 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
kbarnes701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Main Listening Positon
Posts: 19,702
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Liked: 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

I am beginning to wonder if I should sell mine now before it breaks, so far it has been absolutely trouble free!

Sadly, Al, I am beginning to think it is a question of when not if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

Under warranty until June, what would a barely used 3007 be worth?

I got £750 UK for mine. They were about £2,000 at the time of purchase although I bought mine from Hungary and paid about £1500 IIRC. So I got about a third of the regular price and about half my money back after just under two years, if that is any guide. Mine was a 5007 but I don't imagine they fetch a lot more than a 3007. Mine was not showing any signs of HDMI failure, but it had run with two PC fans on it for most of its life. I gave the fans to the new owner so he could be sure to keep it cool.

I would seriously look at a Denon 4311 - they are the best bargain of the lot currently available IMO. Great sound, well built and have that pre-amp mode - plus XT32, the ability to run 11.2 with an external 2 channel amp. And Audyssey Pro-ready too. Nothing can touch that spec at anywhere near the price.
kbarnes701 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4292 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
badgerpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bedford, Texas
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post


Sadly, Al, I am beginning to think it is a question of when not if.

I got £750 UK for mine. They were about £2,000 at the time of purchase although I bought mine from Hungary and paid about £1500 IIRC. So I got about a third of the regular price and about half my money back after just under two years, if that is any guide. Mine was a 5007 but I don't imagine they fetch a lot more than a 3007. Mine was not showing any signs of HDMI failure, but it had run with two PC fans on it for most of its life. I gave the fans to the new owner so he could be sure to keep it cool.

I would seriously look at a Denon 4311 - they are the best bargain of the lot currently available IMO. Great sound, well built and have that pre-amp mode - plus XT32, the ability to run 11.2 with an external 2 channel amp. And Audyssey Pro-ready too. Nothing can touch that spec at anywhere near the price.

I've got to agree. I just looked at the 1007's on eBay so I'll be watching the current ones closely. They seem to be trying for around $700-$800. I would be happy to get six for my soon to be repaired 1007. I will try using CL first, no fees and no shipping. If it doesn't sell there, then I'll try AVS and eBay. The other nice thing about the 4311 is the 3 year warranty. Buy it with the fit CC and you'll get another year for a total of 4. I'm sure I will have upgraded by then.
badgerpilot is offline  
post #4293 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Sadly, Al, I am beginning to think it is a question of when not if.



I got £750 UK for mine. They were about £2,000 at the time of purchase although I bought mine from Hungary and paid about £1500 IIRC. So I got about a third of the regular price and about half my money back after just under two years, if that is any guide. Mine was a 5007 but I don't imagine they fetch a lot more than a 3007. Mine was not showing any signs of HDMI failure, but it had run with two PC fans on it for most of its life. I gave the fans to the new owner so he could be sure to keep it cool.

I would seriously look at a Denon 4311 - they are the best bargain of the lot currently available IMO. Great sound, well built and have that pre-amp mode - plus XT32, the ability to run 11.2 with an external 2 channel amp. And Audyssey Pro-ready too. Nothing can touch that spec at anywhere near the price.

Going for the triple play here...

Keith, your response is very appropriate, it makes sense, has the potential for equal or greater audio quality and financially might be the wise direction to follow. Sound advice all around.

Interestingly I still have my Yamaha surround amp (so old it doesn't even have Pro-Logic), Yamaha 2090 and Denon 3805, they all still work fine, so even if I don't replace the 3007 right away it is not like I would be without sound...

And I would like a 11.2 system...

So that would leave the chore of moving along the 3007. Hmmmm

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #4294 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

I've got to agree. I just looked at the 1007's on eBay so I'll be watching the current ones closely. They seem to be trying for around $700-$800. I would be happy to get six for my soon to be repaired 1007. I will try using CL first, no fees and no shipping. If it doesn't sell there, then I'll try AVS and eBay. The other nice thing about the 4311 is the 3 year warranty. Buy it with the fit CC and you'll get another year for a total of 4. I'm sure I will have upgraded by then.

Oh oh, more supporting information..., the retail on my 3007 was $2400 (ouch!), and it has been absolutely trouble free, so I guess it comes down what the local market will bear...

Time to make a 'D'.

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #4295 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

Oh oh, more supporting information..., the retail on my 3007 was $2400 (ouch!), and it has been absolutely trouble free, so I guess it comes down what the local market will bear...

Time to make a 'D'.

With all this bad press, the resale value may be effected. I would also point out that there are crazies out there, sell on CL the unit goes bad, it could be your worst nightmare for you and your family, something to think about.
This is not a ten doller give-a-way.
Thats my .02
joehonest is offline  
post #4296 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

With all this bad press, the resale value may be effected. I would also point out that there are crazies out there, sell on CL the unit goes bad, it could be your worst nightmare for you and your family, something to think about.
This is not a ten doller give-a-way.
Thats my .02

I would give at least $2 for that advice!

I have to agree with you, selling anything used has always been something I like even less then going to the dentist... then add to possible problem buyer; unit failure/repercussions and I break out in sweats! This is not to say I am trying to sell junk, but I find that selling used gear is like a garage sale, everybody wants your stuff for nothing, it ends up not being worth my time.

Now you have me coming full circle to the crossed fingers approach and relying on the extended credit card warranty. If the 3007 makes to the ripe old age of 3 without problems then maybe I just call it a wash?

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #4297 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

I would give at least $2 for that advice!

I have to agree with you, selling anything used has always been something I like even less then going to the dentist... then add to possible problem buyer; unit failure/repercussions and I break out in sweats! This is not to say I am trying to sell junk, but I find that selling used gear is like a garage sale, everybody wants your stuff for nothing, it ends up not being worth my time.

Now you have me coming full circle to the crossed fingers approach and relying on the extended credit card warranty. If the 3007 makes to the ripe old age of 3 without problems then maybe I just call it a wash?

I've had good luck with all the onkyos I've owned in the past twenty plus years. But now I would think twice about a new highend onkyo. My 3007 has BTL amps, onkyo dropped that in the x009 which for me just may be the deal breaker for my next avr. I really like having 300 real watts per channel for my mains, for music its the only way to go.. To bad onkyo doesn't see it that way no more
joehonest is offline  
post #4298 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

I've had good luck with all the onkyos I've owned in the past twenty plus years. But now I would think twice about a new highend onkyo. My 3007 has BTL amps, onkyo dropped that in the x009 which for me just may be the deal breaker for my next avr. I really like having 300 real watts per channel for my mains, for music its the only way to go.. To bad onkyo doesn't see it that way no more

So your 3007 behaving itself?

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #4299 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

So your 3007 behaving itself?

100% all good.. I have no plans to upgrade at this time. I,m not into 3d, or internet APPs. So untill the next big gotta have break though comes, I'm all good. XT32 would be nice, but after a thousand plus tweaks, I have a tonal balance that I'm very pleased with.
joehonest is offline  
post #4300 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

100% all good.. I have no plans to upgrade at this time. I,m not into 3d, or internet APPs. So untill the next big gotta have break though comes, I'm all good. XT32 would be nice, but after a thousand plus tweaks, I have a tonal balance that I'm very pleased with.

Sounds much like me so far (minus the tweeks).

In fact as a few here on the forum know I have my HT in a bit a mess now doing a kitchen reno so the need for the latest AV bells and whistles has taken the back seat to drywall, llumber and flooring!

I will have to let all of this percolate in the brain... for now.

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #4301 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
kbarnes701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Main Listening Positon
Posts: 19,702
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Liked: 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

Going for the triple play here...

Keith, your response is very appropriate, it makes sense, has the potential for equal or greater audio quality and financially might be the wise direction to follow. Sound advice all around.

Interestingly I still have my Yamaha surround amp (so old it doesn't even have Pro-Logic), Yamaha 2090 and Denon 3805, they all still work fine, so even if I don't replace the 3007 right away it is not like I would be without sound...

And I would like a 11.2 system...

So that would leave the chore of moving along the 3007. Hmmmm

Yes - it's a compelling argument I am a died-in-the-wool Onkyo man myself - am on my 4th and, knock on wood, all have been terrific with no problems at all. I don't doubt that Onkyo make fine units and all makes have their issues etc.

It's just that the 4311 is such a *brilliant* bargain ATM, IMO. I still keep asking myself why I didn't buy one after my 5007 instead of the 5509 prepro I did buy. I am *very* happy with the 5509 and got it for a very good price from Germany, but that 4311 is the bargain of the year for sure. And don't forget XT32, Al. That's worth the price of the upgrade on its own!
kbarnes701 is online now  
post #4302 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
kbarnes701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Main Listening Positon
Posts: 19,702
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Liked: 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

The other nice thing about the 4311 is the 3 year warranty. Buy it with the fit CC and you'll get another year for a total of 4. I'm sure I will have upgraded by then.

I didn't even know it had a 3 year warranty. It just gets better and better...
kbarnes701 is online now  
post #4303 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
badgerpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bedford, Texas
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post


I didn't even know it had a 3 year warranty. It just gets better and better...

Standard Denon is 2 years but the "CI" models are 3 years. I didn't even realize it until after I made the purchase, bonus! It is supposed to be here Tuesday so it's going to be a long weekend.
badgerpilot is offline  
post #4304 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Yes - it's a compelling argument I am a died-in-the-wool Onkyo man myself - am on my 4th and, knock on wood, all have been terrific with no problems at all. I don't doubt that Onkyo make fine units and all makes have their issues etc.

It's just that the 4311 is such a *brilliant* bargain ATM, IMO. I still keep asking myself why I didn't buy one after my 5007 instead of the 5509 prepro I did buy. I am *very* happy with the 5509 and got it for a very good price from Germany, but that 4311 is the bargain of the year for sure. And don't forget XT32, Al. That's worth the price of the upgrade on its own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

I didn't even know it had a 3 year warranty. It just gets better and better...

Stop, STOP! This is getting painful!

I like my 3007 and it is still behaving, and I wish the internet was never invented... well not really!

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #4305 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Yes - it's a compelling argument I am a died-in-the-wool Onkyo man myself - am on my 4th and, knock on wood, all have been terrific with no problems at all. I don't doubt that Onkyo make fine units and all makes have their issues etc.

It's just that the 4311 is such a *brilliant* bargain ATM, IMO. I still keep asking myself why I didn't buy one after my 5007 instead of the 5509 prepro I did buy. I am *very* happy with the 5509 and got it for a very good price from Germany, but that 4311 is the bargain of the year for sure. And don't forget XT32, Al. That's worth the price of the upgrade on its own!

4311 is such a *brilliant* bargain, I agree, just add some real EXT power amps and you have a very flexable HT. @ 1250 its hard to beat, add EMO or crown amps and for under 2k its a nice package.
joehonest is offline  
post #4306 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
badgerpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bedford, Texas
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

4311 is such a *brilliant* bargain, I agree, just add some real EXT power amps and you have a very flexable HT. @ 1250 its hard to beat, add EMO or crown amps and for under 2k its a nice package.

That's the plan! Doesn't Emotive usually have a spring sale? I know I can't hold out for the Christmas sale!
badgerpilot is offline  
post #4307 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

That's the plan! Doesn't Emotive usually have a spring sale? I know I can't hold out for the Christmas sale!

For the best pricing, timing is everything, but you already know that
joehonest is offline  
post #4308 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Senior Member
 
j2048b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
any number to call onkyo that u guys recommend?
j2048b is offline  
post #4309 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
badgerpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Bedford, Texas
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2048b View Post

any number to call onkyo that u guys recommend?

I called their main number 201-785-2600. The guy who answers is always the same guy, for me at least. His name is DeVaughn Burke. He's been very helpful. Like I said before though, plan to spend some time holding. They also have a call back option.
badgerpilot is offline  
post #4310 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
j2048b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

I called their main number 201-785-2600. The guy who answers is always the same guy, for me at least. His name is DeVaughn Burke. He's been very helpful. Like I said before though, plan to spend some time holding. They also have a call back option.

awesome thanks man!
j2048b is offline  
post #4311 of 4733 Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Turboo2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My 3007 went in for repair last week. Apparently Onkyo has HDMI boards in stock so I guess I won't get a replacement 3009.
Turboo2u is offline  
post #4312 of 4733 Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Last night when i powered up my Onk 3007 the receiver sent a high level buzz through all the mains and immediately shut down. The standby light was blinking. i powered it back up and could not get sound from HDMI or analog sources. The speakers icons on left were all gone.

Did hard reset and everything back to normal. Are these the symptoms of a failing HDMI board?

If this happens again im gonna be forced to do something, that buzz was intense enough it could have damaged my speakers.......
NicksHitachi is online now  
post #4313 of 4733 Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

If this happens again im gonna be forced to do something, that buzz was intense enough it could have damaged my speakers.......

Yes it can easily blow a tweeter !!
I would play it safe and install 1 or 2 amp fuses inline for each speaker. A loud burst will only blow the fuse and not your speakers. I use 4 amp cause 1 amp will blow if you play it very loud. Fuses are cheap insurance, but not as cheap as they use to be!
joehonest is offline  
post #4314 of 4733 Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,742
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post


Yes it can easly blow a tweeter !!
I would play it safe and install 1 or 2 amp fuses inline for each speaker. A loud burst will only blow the fuse and not your speakers. I use 4 amp cause 1 amp will blow if you play it very loud. Fuses are cheap insurance, but not as cheap as they use to be!

Right on!

My crossovers have polyswitches which is what i think saved them!
NicksHitachi is online now  
post #4315 of 4733 Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

Right on!

My crossovers have polyswitches which is what i think saved them!

Are the woofers protected to ?
I would use inline fuses, since there maybe a problem, you don't want 7 more problems !
joehonest is offline  
post #4316 of 4733 Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Member
 
Turboo2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Getting back my 3007 next week. Needed a $560 HDMI board (covered under warranty). Should I assume the new board is different than the old one and therefore last longer? I wish Onkyo would have offered me a credit towards a 3009.
Turboo2u is offline  
post #4317 of 4733 Old 03-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboo2u View Post

Getting back my 3007 next week. Needed a $560 HDMI board (covered under warranty). Should I assume the new board is different than the old one and therefore last longer? I wish Onkyo would have offered me a credit towards a 3009.

The 3007 has better amps with BTL, the x009 don't. XT32 is the only real upgrade.
If your speakers and subs are better than average, XT32 is no big deal..
joehonest is offline  
post #4318 of 4733 Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Member
 
Lt.Aldo.Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I know this is the wrong thread....... I own a Onkyo TX-NR609 and i can not seem to get True-Hd to work on it or be displayed...... All other audio formats get displayed and work on it such as DTS-MA.....a I am using a PS3 and it is set to bitstream....It keeps saying just dolby digital not True-HD.....Any idea ? Thanks

BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
Lt.Aldo.Raine is offline  
post #4319 of 4733 Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Aldo.Raine View Post

I know this is the wrong thread....... I own a Onkyo TX-NR609 and i can not seem to get True-Hd to work on it or be displayed...... All other audio formats get displayed and work on it such as DTS-MA.....a I am using a PS3 and it is set to bitstream....It keeps saying just dolby digital not True-HD.....Any idea ? Thanks

There must be a True-Hd bluray disc in the player!
The player must be set to output True-HD, check the sony display to confirm settings.
Only use onkyo HDMI/digital input settings.
Some discs default to dolby digital and must be changed to True-HD by user.

Only the movie is TrueHD, everything else less than HD, and most likely 2Ch.
joehonest is offline  
post #4320 of 4733 Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Lt.Aldo.Raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

There must be a True-Hd bluray disc in the player!
The player must be set to output True-HD, check the sony display to confirm settings.
Only use onkyo HDMI/digital input settings.
Some discs default to dolby digital and must be user needs to change to True-HD.

Yes i am using a true hd blu ray when trying to get it to work.....All the settings are correct as well. Like i said all other types of audio work....I can tell it is not true hd just by listening to it. When i try other blu rays that have DTS-MA tracks or whatever the audio is 10x better. I have only had this receiver for about 2 weeks and the receiver before had no problem detecting true hd....

BASEMENT HOME THEATER - EPSON 5030UB 2D/3D PROJECTOR W/ 100" ELITE SCREEN - RECEIVER - HARMON KARDON 1710 7.2
FRONT SPEAKERS - INFINITY PRIMUS P363 CENTER SPEAKER INFINITY PRIMUS PC351 - SIDES AND REARS POLK AUDIO 30'S + 40'S SUBWOOFERS PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT TITANIUM + POLK AUDIO PSW110
Lt.Aldo.Raine is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Onkyo Tx Nr5007 145 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Nr5007 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off