The Onkyo TX-NR3007/TX-NR5007 common questions/issues/hints/answers thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Aldo.Raine View Post

Yes i am using a true hd blu ray when trying to get it to work.....All the settings are correct as well. Like i said all other types of audio work....I can tell it is not true hd just by listening to it. When i try other blu rays that have DTS-MA tracks or whatever the audio is 10x better. I have only had this receiver for about 2 weeks and the receiver before had no problem detecting true hd....

The problem is most likely your PS3 settings, the Onkyo will see HD audio if the PS3 is sending HD audio. Unless you have a real defect with the 609
Make sure your 609 is set to dolby digital mode..
joehonest is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have an Onkyo 3007 with latest firmware. I have purchased brand new B&W CM9 speakers and am trying to run the audyssey setup. I get speaker detect error on left front.

The Onkyo is not new. I have successfully used it with other speakers up until now. I was able to run a 3 point odyssey when speakers was first installed. Then after a week of "break in" of speakers I decided to run Audyssey again. Bam, speaker detect error on left speaker (first measuring)

Sometimes test tone repeats 3 times with higher sound each time but this does not happen all the time.

I guess tweeter can be blown but I do get sound from tweeter and to my ears I cannot hear a problem. I realize this could possibly be the issue because I have had 1 clipping incident while installing.

I switched connection between left speaker to right speaker and and still got speaker detect error on left speaker (first measuring)

I switched out left speaker for an old KEF "egg" speaker (small) and got speaker detect error anyway.

Switched out left speaker again for Dali ikon center speaker which was the speaker used before purchasing the new ones, I ran Audyssey just 3 weeks ago with these speakers without issues. Still got speaker detect error on left speaker.

As said before, sometimes the tones get higher and higher, sometimes I get the error after first test tone.

I had an old mic from a Yamaha 2011 receiver, I know that it is not correct to use this but I did it just to see what happened, first test round Passed! No speaker detect error. did not continue measuring because I know that end result will not be correct.

I am trying to do everything possible before taking my speaker back to store for some real checking of tweeter.

Can it be microphone error, is it possible it just broke? I have had receiver for approx 3 years.

Anything else I can do to rule things out?
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NicksHitachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

Hi, I have an Onkyo 3007 with latest firmware. I have purchased brand new B&W CM9 speakers and am trying to run the audyssey setup. I get speaker detect error on left front.

The Onkyo is not new. I have successfully used it with other speakers up until now. I was able to run a 3 point odyssey when speakers was first installed. Then after a week of "break in" of speakers I decided to run Audyssey again. Bam, speaker detect error on left speaker (first measuring)

Sometimes test tone repeats 3 times with higher sound each time but this does not happen all the time.

I guess tweeter can be blown but I do get sound from tweeter and to my ears I cannot hear a problem. I realize this could possibly be the issue because I have had 1 clipping incident while installing.

I switched connection between left speaker to right speaker and and still got speaker detect error on left speaker (first measuring)

I switched out left speaker for an old KEF "egg" speaker (small) and got speaker detect error anyway.

Switched out left speaker again for Dali ikon center speaker which was the speaker used before purchasing the new ones, I ran Audyssey just 3 weeks ago with these speakers without issues. Still got speaker detect error on left speaker.

As said before, sometimes the tones get higher and higher, sometimes I get the error after first test tone.

I had an old mic from a Yamaha 2011 receiver, I know that it is not correct to use this but I did it just to see what happened, first test round Passed! No speaker detect error. did not continue measuring because I know that end result will not be correct.

I am trying to do everything possible before taking my speaker back to store for some real checking of tweeter.

Can it be microphone error, is it possible it just broke? I have had receiver for approx 3 years.

Anything else I can do to rule things out?

I had a blown tweeter in one of my towers some time back. It did not give an error but after first round of test tones it skipped that speaker or didnt detect it on initial test.

The problem followed the tweeter. I switched in a tweeter from another speaker and problem went away.

The only way i was able to diagnoseit as the tweeter was through measuring sofware.
NicksHitachi is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Wallinski, make sure the speaker cable to the left front position is not compromised in anyway, check for shorts or loose connections, if the problem is not random but always associated with the left front position then it may be something in that signal stream. There is no harm in re-checking this.

It could be the mic, can you borrow the correct mike? You can always buy one from Audyssey. The mic is specific to your receiver, as you say the Yamaha mic might not get an error but it won't likely be calibrated for the Onkyo.

As for positions, you should always do all of them, not completing the entire series robs the Audyssey program of important data it needs to make its settings.

Al
Al Sherwood is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksHitachi View Post

I had a blown tweeter in one of my towers some time back. It did not give an error but after first round of test tones it skipped that speaker or didnt detect it on initial test.

The problem followed the tweeter. I switched in a tweeter from another speaker and problem went away.

The only way i was able to diagnoseit as the tweeter was through measuring sofware.

I have tried with both left and right speaker and with 2 older different speakers, the odds that all have a blown tweeter must be high although of course everything is a possibility.The problem also does not "follow" the speaker. I connected the right speaker wire to left speaker and vice versa and still got error on left speaker, I guess it is also possible that the right speaker has a blown tweeter. It is always left speaker detect error which is first position in measuring. Gonna check wires and clean up wire ends and reconnect to see what happens.

Al: I know all positions should be measured, what I meant was that after the Yamaha mic passed the front left speaker I just cancelled everything so no calculating and saving has been done. I just performed this test to see if it could possibly point to a mic problem and in my head I believe it could.
Apparently when the test tone repeats louder and louder this is an indication of something making the mic not being able to hear the sounds. Could be some low level hum or electrical issue I guess.

Thank you for helping out, it ain't fun having new speakers and not getting everything working correctly. To be perfectly honest though, I cannot hear any problems with the sound. I have played some classical music with some high tones and they seem to come out clean from tweeter.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
ReneV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

Anything else I can do to rule things out?

Seeing that the problem stays with the left speaker no matter what, I suspect bad room interaction. Trying covering all reflective surfaces, incl. windows, as thickly as possible and keep all doors open.
ReneV is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneV View Post

Seeing that the problem stays with the left speaker no matter what, I suspect bad room interaction. Trying covering all reflective surfaces, incl. windows, as thickly as possible and keep all doors open.

That's a good tip and I will try it but isn't it strange that nothing has changed in the room since running audyssey last time?

Of course I would like it to be a mic problem instead of a speaker problem but either way I just wanna know so I can correct it. Would it be very strange that a mic would stop working, cable break inside between cable and connector maybe?

I cleaned up the wires and reconnected them but still the same issue.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
ReneV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

That's a good tip and I will try it but isn't it strange that nothing has changed in the room since running audyssey last time?

The speakers are new, and could be higher sensitivity and/or have better dispersion than what you had before, which makes only the first calibration with the new speakers stand out. And, that could be explained by changed toe-in, or similar.
ReneV is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneV View Post

The speakers are new, and could be higher sensitivity and/or have better dispersion than what you had before, which makes only the first calibration with the new speakers stand out. And, that could be explained by changed toe-in, or similar.

I have was able to run Audyssey once just after installation, only ran 3 position and the plan was to run full odyssey after a weeks time, this is where the problems began.

I tried moving the mic to different positions but no luck.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

I get speaker detect error on left front.
Anything else I can do to rule things out?

Try moving the mic closer to the front left speaker, it see if that helps it pass the test. Check your wiring, is it wired in phase with the other speakers?
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Try moving the mic closer to the front left speaker, it see if that helps it pass the test. Check your wiring, is it wired in phase with the other speakers?

Tried it, no go. Checked wiring multiple times, seems ok to me. Is there anyway to check that speaker works correctly and nothing is damaged without measuring things, as I said before, I cannot here anything strange with the sound. Played some really high frequencies classical music.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

Tried it, no go. Checked wiring multiple times, seems ok to me. Is there anyway to check that speaker works correctly and nothing is damaged without measuring things, as I said before, I cannot here anything strange with the sound. Played some really high frequencies classical music.

I to have tried a pioneer and yamaha mic. they do differ in sound / tone .
You say the yamaha mic works. You say the error does not follow the speaker, but its only the AVR's front left speaker output. The logic seems easy..

Are you using a sub? If so rerun the test with the sub turned off ,power off. The next step would be a hard reset for the AVR. See page 1 of this thread or look it up in the manaul.
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hardware Reset/Factory Default
To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button, press the [ON/STANDBY] button. "Clear" will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.

This is for the USA units !!
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Hardware Reset/Factory Default
To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button, press the [ON/STANDBY] button. "Clear" will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.

I have tried it with the subs turned off and disconnected but I have not done Factory reset. Was holding off on that as one of the last resorts but I do think I am there. WIll try it.

On a positive note I have started to explain the issues to my wife and she seems to think that it is ok for me to upgrade if I can't fix these problems
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

I have tried it with the subs turned off and disconnected but I have not done Factory reset. Was holding off on that as one of the last resorts but I do think I am there. WIll try it.

On a positive note I have started to explain the issues to my wife and she seems to think that it is ok for me to upgrade if I can't fix these problems

Theres not anything thats going to sound better than the 3007 in the mass AVR market at this time in its price range.
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Theres not anything thats going to sound better than the 3007 in the mass AVR market at this time in its price range.

Was looking a little bit at either the Denon 4311 or stick with onkyo and get the 3009 or maybe even the 5009.

Gonna try the reset next.

Is there anything I might have missed that indicates that this is a speaker issue, consider that I have had one clipping incident. Subwoofer sound way to high when installed and receiver clipped and shut down as a result. The reason I keep nagging about the speakers is that they are new, had them since monday and I would love it if I could rule out that I have damaged them.

Would the fact that the Yamaha mic and not the Onkyo one works be a strong indicator that it is a receiver or mic problem or is the yamaha too different so it just accepts anything?

Again thank's to all for hanging out and giving great advice.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

Was looking a little bit at either the Denon 4311 or stick with onkyo and get the 3009 or maybe even the 5009.

Gonna try the reset next.

Is there anything I might have missed that indicates that this is a speaker issue, consider that I have had one clipping incident. Subwoofer sound way to high when installed and receiver clipped and shut down as a result. The reason I keep nagging about the speakers is that they are new, had them since monday and I would love it if I could rule out that I have damaged them.

Would the fact that the Yamaha mic and not the Onkyo one works be a strong indicator that it is a receiver or mic problem or is the yamaha too different so it just accepts anything?

Again thank's to all for hanging out and giving great advice.

The Yamaha mic and the Onkyo are almost the same but not the same.
If one works the other should work, meaning that the avr mic input is working ok.. Take the grill off the speakers (not the sub!!)and use a AA 1.5 volt battery to check the phase. The woofer should move out when ++ and -- are connected. Test the other speakers, all should move the same way, with just a tap..
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

use a AA 1.5 volt battery to check the phase. The woofer should move out when ++ and -- are connected. Test the other speakers, all should move the same way..

i don't quite understand how to do this, please explain more if you can as this sounds like an interesting test to do!
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

i don't quite understand how to do this, please explain more if you can as this sounds like an interesting test to do!

It just tests the speaker phase, If + and - mean the same to each speaker, and that there wired the same from the factory. Also this test the woofer to see if its working, by just moving in or out. Just tap the wire..
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

It just tests the speaker phase, If + and - mean the same to each speaker, and that there wired the same from the factory. Also this test the woofer to see if its working, by just moving in or out. Just tap the wire..


So disconnect speaker from receiver and touch both + and - on the ends of a battery with the speaker wire and if the woofer moves it is ok? Woofer moves back, polarity error, correct?
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

So disconnect speaker from receiver and touch both + and - on the ends of a battery with the speaker wire and if the woofer moves it is ok? Woofer moves back, polarity error, correct?

"So disconnect speaker from receiver" YES!!!
As long as all the speakers move the same way, all is good.
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

"So disconnect speaker from receiver" YES!!!
As long as all the speakers move the same way, all is good.

Alright, I am gonna give it a go Is it alright to use a 9 volt battery, can you just also confirm which wire goes where, red to + or -, black to + or -.

Sorry but this makes me a little excited and nervous at the same time.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

Alright, I am gonna give it a go Is it alright to use a 9 volt battery, can you just also confirm which wire goes where, red to + or -, black to + or -.

Sorry but this makes me a little excited and nervous at the same time.

NO do not use a 9 volt battery !!!! AAA or AA 1.5 volt only!! 9 volt is not needed for this test !!

red to ++++,,,,, black to -----
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

NO do not use a 9 volt battery !!!! AAA or AA 1.5 volt only!! 9 volt is not needed for this test !!

red to ++++,,,,, black to -----

Ok, got myself a 1.5 AA.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Just use short taps about 1 second and see witch way the woofer moves, they should all move in the same way.
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Just use short taps about 1 second and see witch way the woofer moves, they should all move in the same way.

Ok, here's what happened. I don't know if you are familiar with the way BW CM 9 looks.

From the bottom up it has two black cones then a yellow cone the a small silver cone that looks like a ball with thin black rings around it.

Bottom 2 moves clearly the correct way. The yellow one I cannot see move but if I put my finger very lightly on it I can feel it move. This looks to be a different material than the bottom two woofers. Top also I cannot see move but this one looks nothing like the other woofers, a thump sound comes out form all of them when doing the test.

Both front speakers move the same way but only the black bottom 2 woofers. I am not sure if the yellow cone and top cone also should move? The yellow one is kevlar and the top one looks like I don't know... It doesn't really look like it should move but I am not sure.
wallinski72 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Member
 
ace1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle & Charotte
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The tweeter shouldn't move too much. Also try using a Denon Audyssey mic if you have one.
ace1970 is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
ReneV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The yellow cone, the FST midrange, isn't going to move much, either.
ReneV is offline  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
joehonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallinski72 View Post

Ok, here's what happened. I don't know if you are familiar with the way BW CM 9 looks.

From the bottom up it has two black cones then a yellow cone the a small silver cone that looks like a ball with thin black rings around it.

Bottom 2 moves clearly the correct way. The yellow one I cannot see move but if I put my finger very lightly on it I can feel it move. This looks to be a different material than the bottom two woofers. Top also I cannot see move but this one looks nothing like the other woofers, a thump sound comes out form all of them when doing the test.

Both front speakers move the same way but only the black bottom 2 woofers. I am not sure if the yellow cone and top cone also should move? The yellow one is kevlar and the top one looks like I don't know... It doesn't really look like it should move but I am not sure.

OK than, the main left and right are in phase to each other, thats good..
The mid range and the tweeter won't react to DC cause of Xover caps block it. Back to your real problem, at this point you should do a hard reset, if that doesn't fix it, than try a other onkyo / Audyssey mic, there the same as the newer (xxx9 and newer) denon mics. You can check the mic with a ohm meter, wiggle the wire the full length checking for an open and tap the mic head. You can try the hard reset a few more times, if the unit is still not up to spec, it may need servicing. Good luck.
joehonest is offline  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Member
 
wallinski72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

OK than, the main left and right are in phase to each other, thats good..
The mid range and the tweeter won't react to DC cause of Xover caps block it. Back to your real problem, at this point you should do a hard reset, if that doesn't fix it, than try a other onkyo / Audyssey mic, there the same as the newer (xxx9 and newer) denon mics. You can check the mic with a ohm meter, wiggle the wire the full length checking for an open and tap the mic head. You can try the hard reset a few more times, if the unit is still not up to spec, it may need servicing. Good luck.

Thank's to all.

Tried the hard reset (also works on european models). No go.

Just for kicks I plugged in the old Yamaha mic and it still seems to work. Of course this would indicate a mic problem but maybe the Yamaha mic isn't as sensitive as the Onkyo mic so it just thinks everythings ok.

Gonna give up now and purchase a new receiver, unpack it real careful (so I can take it back if needed), plug it in and run Audyssey (will probably get the 3009). If I get the same error it's a speaker problem if not then mic/receiver problem.

I just have to know where the issue is...
wallinski72 is offline  
 

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Onkyo Tx Nr5007 145 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off