The Onkyo TX-NR3007/TX-NR5007 common questions/issues/hints/answers thread - Page 158 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4711 of 4730 Old 03-17-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by z10 View Post

After my 906 crapped out in March of 2011 and I choose not to repair if because of the costs, I purchased a reconditioned TX NR5007 from Onkyo. I started having the no sound problem about a month ago and now it's not working at all.

I did purchase a 5 year extended warranty on this unit, which takes me out to 2016, and I'll be contacting Accessories 4less tomorrow to have the unit returned.
My question is:

Are the 5007's being repaired or upgraded? If upgraded to what?
Has anyone else had any experience with warranty claims from Accessories 4Less?

Thanks

They repaired my 5007 back in July. I went straight to Onkyo when I did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4712 of 4730 Old 03-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Well, the refurb 3007 finally died. No sound. Network, remote, and firmware options are grayed out. Lasted 18 months. I sold my extra unit to a buddy several months ago, so now I'm SOL for a while. I wish there was some way we could gather up 3007/5007 folks and take Onkyo to task over this, but I have no idea how that would happen via anonymous online forums.

I hear the Pioneer elite are nice...
post #4713 of 4730 Old 03-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
You can probably get it covered under warranty even though it is refurb.

Call onkyo parts and see what they can do for you.
post #4714 of 4730 Old 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had my HDMI board replaced and since then, I still haven't been able to get sound out of the receiver (nr5007). I've tried new cables, new speakers, new tv, multiple sources, etc....nothing! I took it back to where they did the service and it worked fine for them.

I was wondering if somebody would be nice enough to post the firmware versions they have. I have the following:

main:1.29
dsp 1: 1.26
dsp 2: 1.03
dsp 3 1.05
video: 1.14
vsp(reon): 1.03

From what I've read, the latest DSP 1 is 1.24, not 1.26. I'm wondering if they flashed the wrong firmware on the receiver.

Thanks in advanced.
post #4715 of 4730 Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Did you turn off audio pass through on HDMI???

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #4716 of 4730 Old 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post

Did you turn off audio pass through on HDMI???

Yup. Everything in the HDMI menu is set to 'off' or 'disabled'.

EDIT: Well, I got off the phone with Onkyo support and we ran through a bunch of troubleshooting things, and they are clueless too. The tech said it's not receiving a Dolby Digital signal. I'm going to bring it to the local service center and they are going to send it to the regional one. I suppose I wish I could figure it out because I have a feeling that this is going to be a six month issue now.
post #4717 of 4730 Old 06-18-2014, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Keep us updated on the outcome as your issue as it's a little unique in that the board was replaced and you are still having problems.

I just picked up a TX-NR3008 that has the no sound issue. I'm a tech type and plan to repair it but I want to see if Onkyo will replace the board with the voltage fix.

FAMILY ROOM
TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | 5 CH Speakers - Polk Audio RT5000 System | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15
Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

Last edited by WLDock; 06-22-2014 at 10:06 AM.
post #4718 of 4730 Old 06-19-2014, 05:18 PM

I am in process of repairing my 3007 now for faulty HDMI board as well. It worked for three years in a vented server rack with lots of space between my components. Once I get it back should I dump it? I love this amp, is amazing except it's board build quality sucks, seems they continue to fail even after repair. Repair shop said I am getting upgraded board, is that worth anything? I just can't afford an amp of this sound and features again.

Will they only fix it once out of warrantee for no cost, OK that is not exactly true, did cost me over sixty shipping to repair dept.

So keep yeah/neah
Upgraded board make difference?

Thanks for any onsite.
post #4719 of 4730 Old 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NVME View Post
I am in process of repairing my 3007 now for faulty HDMI board as well. It worked for three years in a vented server rack with lots of space between my components. Once I get it back should I dump it? I love this amp, is amazing except it's board build quality sucks, seems they continue to fail even after repair. Repair shop said I am getting upgraded board, is that worth anything? I just can't afford an amp of this sound and features again.

Will they only fix it once out of warrantee for no cost, OK that is not exactly true, did cost me over sixty shipping to repair dept.

So keep yeah/neah
Upgraded board make difference?

Thanks for any onsite.
My first repair(TXNR1007) lasted a little over two years. Jose at Onkyo mentioned that the new board that they are using should take care of the problem once and for all. He said my prior repair used the old board. This will be Onkyo's second out of warranty repair for me. I am not happy that it failed but I am extremely happy that Onkyo is repairing it for the second time. They have kept me as a customer. I decided to upgrade to the 3010 for XT32 and I will probably sell the 1007 or keep it for another room. I would say keep yours, the new board should last but of course who knows for sure? Only time will tell.
Blue Rain likes this.
post #4720 of 4730 Old 07-02-2014, 07:02 PM

Second 'Free' Out-of-Warranty Repair

I just received my TX-NR3007 receiver back from the repair shop again. This is the second time it's been repaired for loss of audio issues. Although out of warranty for both repairs my only cost has been shipping. This is thanks to Richard and Boris at Onkyo USA.

This time I opened it up and discovered it now has the mini-board 3.2 volt regulator for the HDMI board installed. The part number listed on the invoice is the same as the part number for the mini-board in the service bulletin except it has an extra '1' at the end of it.

I suspect it may be the part number of the HDMI board with modification since the MAC address for my receiver has changed.

The first repair only lasted a couple of months. So, when I got it to work I left it on, and working, for another several months. It finally quit completely and they repaired it again. I have hopes it will continue to work for a long time now. My Onkyo cassette and CD players still work after more than twenty years.
post #4721 of 4730 Old 07-03-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTweety View Post
I just received my TX-NR3007 receiver back from the repair shop again. This is the second time it's been repaired for loss of audio issues. Although out of warranty for both repairs my only cost has been shipping. This is thanks to Richard and Boris at Onkyo USA.

This time I opened it up and discovered it now has the mini-board 3.2 volt regulator for the HDMI board installed. The part number listed on the invoice is the same as the part number for the mini-board in the service bulletin except it has an extra '1' at the end of it.

I suspect it may be the part number of the HDMI board with modification since the MAC address for my receiver has changed.

The first repair only lasted a couple of months. So, when I got it to work I left it on, and working, for another several months. It finally quit completely and they repaired it again. I have hopes it will continue to work for a long time now. My Onkyo cassette and CD players still work after more than twenty years.
How do you check this? I just got mine back for the second time too
post #4722 of 4730 Old 07-06-2014, 08:34 PM

NicksHitachi

If you are referring to how I identified the mini-board, I found the information in this post by garybvh3100.

hi you all onkyo usersI found this on the wed about the HDMI Sound LOSS OF AUDIO as I also have a onkyo tx nr 3007 too
but mine is working fine for now.. Add_Mini_board_TXNR3007_5007_3008_5008_5507_5508_D TR70.1_70.2_80.pdf 445k .pdf file

If you are asking about the change to the MAC address... I had written down the original MAC address when I first purchased the receiver. I checked the number again when it came back from the second repair job. I never did check it after the first repair job so I don't know if it was changed once or twice. I'm pretty sure a different MAC address is permanently tied to each HDMI board. If so, then if the number doesn't change then the board wasn't replaced.

To see your MAC address press 'Setup' on your remote. On the setup menu select '7. Hardware Setup', then select '5. Network'. The first line will show the MAC address. It will also appear on the receivers front panel.

NWTweety
post #4723 of 4730 Old 07-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 3007 sent back for repair hdmi board nowmaking distortion noises from random channels... This is the first and last onkyo i will buy... Never had these issues with Denon... These receivers are garbage at best
j2048b likes this.
post #4724 of 4730 Old 07-08-2014, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Mqn i still have a brand new one in a box, dont think ill ever use it after all these dang problems should have kept my pioneer

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash
post #4725 of 4730 Old 07-26-2014, 02:22 AM

Reset seetings after power down 5007

Hi my 5007 reset seeting each time i have power failure . Do you know if there is any battery I need to replace ? My warranty is ended already
post #4726 of 4730 Old 07-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochanus View Post
Hi my 5007 reset seeting each time i have power failure . Do you know if there is any battery I need to replace ? My warranty is ended already
Its more like a cap, not a battery. If all else is good with your 5007, just get a AC plug-in battery backup unit (UPS)for $50. It should keep the avr powered in standby for days, but only a few minutes if on /playing, if the power goes out turn off the avr! Don't plug the subs and everything else into the UPS that will cut the time way down!
post #4727 of 4730 Old 09-01-2014, 12:22 PM

--- sorry to re-post this again, but on the other thread ( Onkyo 3007 Official Thread )[/URL] I got no response so I try it here if that's alright ---

Hey AVS members!

Thanks for all the useful threads, it helped me a lot tuning my TX-NR3009. I have a problem though on which you might can help me with.

After reading the manual, search on google and scanning some threads at the avsforum, I still can't find how I can change the settings of my front display of the receiver itself. I experienced there are 4 display settings regarding brightness. If I press the "DIMMER" button on the bottom left of my remote it changes the brightness of the front display from high + volume cilinder - high - medium - low. So far so good. But the display seems to disable any of those 4 brightness settings because of a certain "timer". For example when i adjust the volume, it displays the number but 5 seconds later the display is black again.

There must be a setting somewhere where I can adjust this "timer" or even disable it so the display is always on so you can always see what is on at the moment. Any idea where I can do this... it's probably really simple but I can't find it and when I am in the NET menu for example I need to see what I am doing to select music files, but the display keeps turning itself off after a couple of seconds, which is kinda annoying :-)

Apologise is this is already asked before. I just couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance ;-)
post #4728 of 4730 Old 09-01-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 166
post #4729 of 4730 Old 09-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 1003
Damn. Doesn't sound like it would help me if and when I have HDMI issues.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #4730 of 4730 Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 PM

i just posted in the classifieds that I will be selling my TX-NR5007.

Works perfect and is clean. I bought it new in 2010.

The HDMI board was replaced under warranty, flawless ever since.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Onkyo Tx Nr5007 145 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Nr5007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page