The Onkyo TX-NR3007/TX-NR5007 common questions/issues/hints/answers thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 4726 Old 01-04-2010, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiew View Post

I have noticed when coming out of the OSD menu back to normal operation I see( Dialog Normal -3DB ) on the front panel briefly. Stays on for maybe 3 seconds. Is there a way to increase or decrease "Dialog" in some way that I am missing?

The short answer to your question is no..

Dialog Normalization was designed so that different types of material can be played back at the same relative level..

If you see an offset number like -3 or -4 (which is the most common one you will see) you need to manually raise the level that amount in db's to achieve the proper playback at your reference listening level... it has noting to do with the relative volume of the dialog against the rest of the track.

So if your reference, SPL calibrated listening level is -12db, you need to raise the volume to -8db when you see Dialog Normal -4db)....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 4726 Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

Use a composite video cable to connect the AV receiver's ZONE 2 OUT TV jack to a composite video input on your Zone 2 TV. Or you can use the HDMI but this means the main area will also be on always.

I can't get the HDMI to work even with the main zone turned on. I do get audio for everything now but no video. Any idea what the warning message means? The area is finished so I'm not sure I would be able to run another 50 foot video cable if I don't have what I already need. I figured a HDMI, Component and an extra set of audio would be plenty when I did the construction.
post #813 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiew View Post

The only problem is I do not get dropouts when using my old Pioneer VSX-94...??

And you are watching exactly the same content from a recording or DVD/BR?

a) If drop outs occur at the exact same place when you repeatedly view a recorded movie/TV show or DVD/BR and using the Onkyo and the Pioneer, I would think the content or delivery were at fault.

b) If the repeatable drop outs does not occur with the Pioneer, I would guess that the Pioneer is less sensitive to fluctuations in the audio stream and the Onkyo is guilty for being too sensitive.

c) If, on the other hand, the drop outs were random and not repeatable, I would think the Onkyo to be at fault.

So, which is your scenario, a, b or c?
post #814 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuuke View Post

I can't get the HDMI to work even with the main zone turned on. I do get audio for everything now but no video. Any idea what the warning message means? The area is finished so I'm not sure I would be able to run another 50 foot video cable if I don't have what I already need. I figured a HDMI, Component and an extra set of audio would be plenty when I did the construction.

silly question but in your settings do you have "both" selected as HDMI out pref? Most of the recievers that i have owned will only allow HDMI video to be sent to a 2nd zone and will limit the audio (believe its a content protection scheme). Could you layout how you have the system configured in detail? I have mine working with the setup as detailed in the manual.

In search of video bliss...
post #815 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

The short answer to your question is no..

Dialog Normalization was designed so that different types of material can be played back at the same relative level..

If you see an offset number like -3 or -4 (which is the most common one you will see) you need to manually raise the level that amount in db's to achieve the proper playback at your reference listening level... it has noting to do with the relative volume of the dialog against the rest of the track.

So if your reference, SPL calibrated listening level is -12db, you need to raise the volume to -8db when you see Dialog Normal -4db)....

I watched a movie yesterday which displayed +2dB, should I adjust the volume by lowering it 2dB? In your example, it would be -14dB.
post #816 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post

I watched a movie yesterday which displayed +2dB, should I adjust the volume by lowering it 2dB? In your example, it would be -14dB.

No.. the offset is always the amount the track needs to be turned up... the value of the offset is the amount the track has been attenuated...

On the encoder, the bypass setting (i.e. the value which will produce no post decoding attenuation) is -31, which gives an offset of 0db... the default value of the Dolby Encoder is -27/+4 offset... why it is sometimes listed as a positive on some equipment (and the Pioneer SC09, for example, gives you the actual Dialog Norm value and not the offset), and a negative on others is beyond me.

In the OP I was responding to, the poster said the number was a negative, so I assumed that was what the Onkyo was showing.
post #817 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantari View Post

Windows sound control panel. The one you go to via Start>>Control Panel>>Sound (this is in Windows 7). You should see HDMI Audio as one of the playback options. Set that and load XBMC (www.xbmc.org) and you'll be all set with playing all sorts of stuff with your HTPC. Been working flawlessly here (except for the constant clicking whenever you press the fastforward or rewind button in XBMC).

Cannot find this in XP
But the for me most strange thing is that when i plug in the HDMI cable in my TV i have sound and picture, so windows is sending both.......
I plug the same cable into the Onkyo and NO sound, just video.
So i do not think its a windows problem as it works on my TV.
Or am i wrong ?
post #818 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I have vTuner Internet Radio on the 3007 European model.
I can not listen for long periods of time, on various moments the stream will be interupted and then the Onkyo will re-load the next station in the list.

Today i had my PC with vTuner and the Onkyo with the same station running.
And guess what, the PC has no problems, the Onkyo keeps failing
Both (Onkyo and PC) are hooked up to the same modem/router.

What is causing the Onkyo to fail where the PC has no problems.........
post #819 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 AM

I put an enquiry to Onkyo if it is possible and advisable to leave 5007 on at all times. I got their reply as follows:

"thank you very much for your message and your interest in ONKYO products. You have reached the support/help desk for ONKYO Europe.
We do not recommend to leave on the receiver for the whole day.
Without a signal , the power consumption is about approximately 90 watt.

MfG / Sincere Regards
Dieter Strecke
Product Information
ONKYO Europe Electronics GmbH"
post #820 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Don from onkyo in new jersey just called. Said my 5007 replacement should ship in one to two days. He will call back to let me know the tracking number. It took the past two and a half weeks for my unit to make it from their Denver repair center to NJ. I know it was the holidays but damn.

I just hope this unit isn't ****ed up in shipping. I will probably blow a gasket if the unit is damaged. This all started on 10-26-09 and is now finally coming to an end.
post #821 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

Hi,

I have a strange HDMI problem........
I have a HDMI cable in the GAME input and this runs from a ATI HDMI video card from a XP PC.
I get a great sharp picture but NO SOUND !

When i put this HDMI cable direct in my TV i get picture AND SOUND.
So Windows is sending sound through the HDMI cable !

HDMI cable back into the Onkyo in the GAME HDMI input and no sound
I think i tried every option in the menu's but no luck in getting sound.
(yes the volume is up )

Please help.......

Received some tips but nothing that solved this HDMI problem !

Still direct connected to my TV through HDMI i get sound, so Windows is sending sound.
HDMI cable back in the Inkyo and NO sound ..............
Through RCA i get sound on the GAME input (from my PC soundcard), but i want it the way its intended for HDMI, picture AND sound through one cable just like its working direct on the TV.
But then i have only the grappy TV speakers and not the 9.1 setup
post #822 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Received some tips but nothing that solved this HDMI problem !

Still direct connected to my TV through HDMI i get sound, so Windows is sending sound.

You will definitely not get 9.1 (or to be correct - 7.1) sound as only the newest Radeon cards are capable to output HD sound with the latest Vista and Win7 drivers. The best you can get with XP and older HD (must be Radeon and GeForce HD cards) is 5.1 LPCM. In case of TV set it is standard 2 channel bitstream sound what is getting to TV loudspeakers. For 5.1 DD\\DTS you must get latest drivers and finetune the output. What is you videocard make\\model?
post #823 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Just wondering if connected using Multi-Channel analog inputs & I choose "stereo" as my listening mode....will it downmix the the multi channel input to stereo?
post #824 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

And you are watching exactly the same content from a recording or DVD/BR?

a) If drop outs occur at the exact same place when you repeatedly view a recorded movie/TV show or DVD/BR and using the Onkyo and the Pioneer, I would think the content or delivery were at fault.

b) If the repeatable drop outs does not occur with the Pioneer, I would guess that the Pioneer is less sensitive to fluctuations in the audio stream and the Onkyo is guilty for being too sensitive.

c) If, on the other hand, the drop outs were random and not repeatable, I would think the Onkyo to be at fault.

So, which is your scenario, a, b or c?

My scenario would be (B) Also, The Pioneer has never had a dropout in the audio stream. The Onkyo has drop outs on Starz and Showtime via DTV. They are the only 2 channels that I am aware of.
post #825 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:

silly question but in your settings do you have "both" selected as HDMI out pref? Most of the recievers that i have owned will only allow HDMI video to be sent to a 2nd zone and will limit the audio (believe its a content protection scheme). Could you layout how you have the system configured in detail? I have mine working with the setup as detailed in the manual.

HDMI Main to Projector
HDMI Sub to second room tv
Cable/PS3/Apple TV with HDMI and now component cables for sound.
Video Resolution set to through

I've tried every setting for monitor out. With zone 1 and 2 on I can get sound and video in both rooms with the monitor out set to both for the PS3 and Apple Tv. I get that error message I posted previously when I use my cable box. I'm guessing that has something to do with the cable box and not the receiver. The HDMI sub connection works fine with the video for the other devices. I don't have a yellow video cable running to the other room but I have a set of audio rca's and a set of component cables with audio that I can use. I have tried plugging matching cables into the zone 2 out on the receiver and into my tv and setting the input to video cable but I don't get any signal. Is there a setting I need to change to tell the receiver to use the zone 2 video out cable?
post #826 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxruss View Post

You will definitely not get 9.1 (or to be correct - 7.1) sound as only the newest Radeon cards are capable to output HD sound with the latest Vista and Win7 drivers. The best you can get with XP and older HD (must be Radeon and GeForce HD cards) is 5.1 LPCM. In case of TV set it is standard 2 channel bitstream sound what is getting to TV loudspeakers. For 5.1 DD\\DTS you must get latest drivers and finetune the output. What is you videocard make\\model?

Hello,

I do not need 5, 7 or 9.1 just stereo is enough, i wil use ALL CH ST.......
The card is (Asus) EAH4350 SILENT/DI/512MD2 with the latest ATI HDMI audio driver for XP from the AMD site.
As my TV gets sound and picture all works ok, exept on the Onkyo.
post #827 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuuke View Post

HDMI Main to Projector
HDMI Sub to second room tv
Cable/PS3/Apple TV with HDMI and now component cables for sound.
Video Resolution set to through

I've tried every setting for monitor out. With zone 1 and 2 on I can get sound and video in both rooms with the monitor out set to both for the PS3 and Apple Tv. I get that error message I posted previously when I use my cable box. I'm guessing that has something to do with the cable box and not the receiver. The HDMI sub connection works fine with the video for the other devices. I don't have a yellow video cable running to the other room but I have a set of audio rca's and a set of component cables with audio that I can use. I have tried plugging matching cables into the zone 2 out on the receiver and into my tv and setting the input to video cable but I don't get any signal. Is there a setting I need to change to tell the receiver to use the zone 2 video out cable?

yes the same method that telling it which sound you are playing in the snd room. You need to set your sources up so whatever video out/audio out combo go to zone 2 get assigned accordingly. Drop down the fron face plate and aon the left you will find a source selection button hold down zone2 and then use the arrow to select your source.

In search of video bliss...
post #828 of 4726 Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:

yes the same method that telling it which sound you are playing in the snd room. You need to set your sources up so whatever video out/audio out combo go to zone 2 get assigned accordingly. Drop down the fron face plate and aon the left you will find a source selection button hold down zone2 and then use the arrow to select your source.

I don't have a problem selecting sources. The only issue I'm having is getting the zone 2 rca video out to work. I can use HDMI video but then I have to have the main unit on. I get no signal with the rca connection.
post #829 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have vTuner Internet Radio on the 3007 European model.
I can not listen for long periods of time, on various moments the stream will be interupted and then the Onkyo will re-load the next station in the list.

Today i had my PC with vTuner and the Onkyo with the same station running.
And guess what, the PC has no problems, the Onkyo keeps failing
Both (Onkyo and PC) are hooked up to the same modem/router.

What is causing the Onkyo to fail where the PC has no problems.........

Received a reply from tech support at vTuner.
Here the reply:

Unfortunately there are many variations of streams and some stations streams reconnect easily whereas others do not. In general MP3 stations (which are fairly standard and have no compression) should reconnect automatically whereas many WMA streams vary depending on which version (like WMA ver 5 thru 11) and if the link has pre-rolls (short info at start of connection) or similar re-directs.

The chipset players are generally more sensitive to peculiarities in a streaming links than players on your computer.

This can also be a function of your Internet connection or a problem at the station's server. Are you using a wireless connection? Check signal strength at the location of the unit. Check for interference from nearby electronics.

Best regards,
Don
vTuner

I tested the WMA stations and indeed when a station uses WMA it is not stable (at least not on the Onkyo !)
MP3 stations run for hours without any dropouts so i will delete the WMA stations and only use MP3 until Onkyo will make a firmware upgrade for this problem. (i use firmware version 105)

I guess this will apply to all Internet Radio Portals.........
post #830 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

No.. the offset is always the amount the track needs to be turned up... the value of the offset is the amount the track has been attenuated...

On the encoder, the bypass setting (i.e. the value which will produce no post decoding attenuation) is -31, which gives an offset of 0db... the default value of the Dolby Encoder is -27/+4 offset... why it is sometimes listed as a positive on some equipment (and the Pioneer SC09, for example, gives you the actual Dialog Norm value and not the offset), and a negative on others is beyond me.

In the OP I was responding to, the poster said the number was a negative, so I assumed that was what the Onkyo was showing.

Yes, it normally shows -4dB, -6dB or similar but for this movie, it was +2dB.
The DOLBY trailer in the beginning showed -6dB and when the movie itself started, it flashed +2dB.
post #831 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

I guess this will apply to all Internet Radio Portals.........

Hmmmm....maybe this is why I have so much trouble with Pandora. I'd say that 60% of the songs that get sent down I get "Cannot Play" errors. So, long pauses between songs.

I don't think there is a way with Pandora to specify only MP3 files. Too bad.

While I have set up Vtuner, I didin't realize that I could select stations based on types of formats. I'll have to check into that.
post #832 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was able to get sound over HDMI from an ASUS EAH4350 to my 3007, though I had some problems with the default ATI drivers and HDMI audio.

But ended up buying a separate ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim so that I could get DTS-HD and Dolby-TrueHD from TMT3 when playing BluRay discs.
post #833 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewingr View Post

Hmmmm....maybe this is why I have so much trouble with Pandora. I'd say that 60% of the songs that get sent down I get "Cannot Play" errors. So, long pauses between songs.

I don't think there is a way with Pandora to specify only MP3 files. Too bad.

While I have set up Vtuner, I didin't realize that I could select stations based on types of formats. I'll have to check into that.

As WMA is the "problem" for the Onkyo its indeed a great option in vTuner that you can select a staion by format.
I do find it strange that a receiver in this price range is having problems playing WMA, also a format used by stations.
I do think MP3 is a better choice as the quality is higher then WMA.
So go for vTuner and select the MP3 stations
post #834 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I posted this question in both the epson calibration thread and the txnr1007 thread to no avail so hopefully someone here has tried calibrating their display using an Onkyo xx07 receiver. Just curious if anyone has tried and what method they used. I've tweaked the 1007 just by my eye since there was an obvious red and green push. Do I need to adjust the Onkyo first then the display or the other way around? I still don't have my iOne yet, it should arrive sometime next week. Hoping to calibrate either next week or the following. Any tips, comments, suggestions? Thanks.
post #835 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

I posted this question in both the epson calibration thread and the txnr1007 thread to no avail so hopefully someone here has tried calibrating their display using an Onkyo xx07 receiver. Just curious if anyone has tried and what method they used. I've tweaked the 1007 just by my eye since there was an obvious red and green push. Do I need to adjust the Onkyo first then the display or the other way around? I still don't have my iOne yet, it should arrive sometime next week. Hoping to calibrate either next week or the following. Any tips, comments, suggestions? Thanks.

I, and I think most people, leave all the video calibrations in the AVR on 'default' and do all calibration in the display itself.
post #836 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Are you using Audyssey Dynamic EQ or Dynamic Volume (which itself uses Dynamic EQ)?
I am taking a guess that you do...
Then turn Off Dynamic EQ but keep Audyssey in the Equalizer menu.
The magical volume level is 0.0 which is the reference level which the the mixers listened at.
When you listen at lower levels than 0.0, Dynamic EQ adjusts the response so that the mix is still perceived with the same octave-to-octave balance, frequency response and surround levels as it was created at reference level.
Dynamic EQ is usually most noticeable with more bass and higher levels from the surrounds when listening at lower levels than 0.0.
At volume 0.0, Dynamic EQ should not do anything since it is reference level.
What is probably less known is that Dynamic EQ does the same thing ABOVE reference level , 0.0, as well.
But instead of boosting the bass, it reduces the bass so the correct octave-to-octave balance is also maintained above reference level.
As Chris from Audyssey would say: Dynamic EQ is designed to bring you the reference balance (octave to octave) at ALL listening levels.

rickardl,

I finally got some time to go check my settings on the receiver tonight. We've had more snow than I care to mention this season and plowing is cutting into my play time.

The dynamic EQ and dynamic volume settings were both in the off position already. Any other thoughts? Anyone? Thanks in advance!
post #837 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I let the Onkyo do the work as the calibration options in the Onkyo are far more then on my Sony TV.
So i keep my TV in default and play around with th Onkyo.
I do not think it would be wise to work with both, then when things go wrong you do not know where to look, so make your choise, TV or Onkyo.....
post #838 of 4726 Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I let the Onkyo do the work as the calibration options in the Onkyo are far more then on my Sony TV.
So i keep my TV in default and play around with th Onkyo.
I do not think it would be wise to work with both, then when things go wrong you do not know where to look, so make your choise, TV or Onkyo.....

Thanks. I've had my Samsung DLP for several years now, and the settings were very good. When I put the 1007 in the chain, there was a definite red push. Rather than adjust the Samsung (since I knew that the problem was with the Onkyo), I made some tweaks to the Onkyo by eye to bring it back to a realistic picture. I think that once I get the iOne, I'll leave the Onkyo where I have it now, since it now looks close to what it looked like before, and then calibrate each of the displays on their own. That probably makes the most sense.
post #839 of 4726 Old 01-07-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here is my initial comments, don't know if they make sense...

I would recommend that you calibrate your chain of player, receiver and display with the settings that give you most control.
That could be your display and maybe using some of settings from Monitor Out if those help in any way.
The Onkyo lack individual control of the primary and secondary colors which your display devices might have.
The most important thing is to get the greyscale correct.
So, pick your most reliable source, Toshiba or HDDVD, and calibrate the display devices as good as possible.
That would your baseline or reference calibrations.
Then, for any other source, use the individual adjustments per input (Source Setup->Picture Adjust) to make
small adjustments if they diverge from your baseline calibration.
It will hopefully just be small adjustments, maybe brightness one or two notches either way.
That way you have the same settings in the displays for all your video sources.
I don't know which source is the to start with, the PS3 or Toshiba HDDVD but I would guess that
it would be Toshiba if you have a disc with calibration patterns for that.
1. Calibrate the chain Toshiba HDDVD + Onkyo + Samsung 61" DLP using the controls in the Samsung.
If needed, use Onkyo's Monitor Out controls also.
2. Calibrate the chain Toshiba HDDVD + Onkyo + Epson 8100 using the controls in the Epson.
3. Calibrate the chain PS3 + Onkyo + Samsung 61" DLP using the Source Setup->Picture Adjust settings.
4. The chain PS3 + Onkyo + Epson 8100 should not need any calibration.
Step 2 should have calibrated the display and step 3 any changes from the baseline for the PS3 as a source.
5. Calibrate the chain HTPC + Onkyo + Samsung 61" DLP using the Source Setup->Picture Adjust settings.
6. The chain HTPC + Onkyo + Epson 8100 should not need any calibration.
Step 2 should have calibrated the display and step 5 any changes from the baseline for the HTPC as a source.

If the assumptions in #4 and #6 doesn't hold water, then you would have to use different memory settings in the displays for calibrating those particular chains.
Also, try to make sure all sources use the same HDMI colourspace such as YCbCr and not RGB Full etc.

Red and green push? Nothing I have seen with my 3007.
post #840 of 4726 Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here is my initial comments, don't know if they make sense...

I would recommend that you calibrate your chain of player, receiver and display with the settings that give you most control.
That could be your display and maybe using some of settings from Monitor Out if those help in any way.
The Onkyo lack individual control of the primary and secondary colors which your display devices might have.
The most important thing is to get the greyscale correct.
So, pick your most reliable source, Toshiba or HDDVD, and calibrate the display devices as good as possible.
That would your baseline or reference calibrations.
Then, for any other source, use the individual adjustments per input (Source Setup->Picture Adjust) to make
small adjustments if they diverge from your baseline calibration.
It will hopefully just be small adjustments, maybe brightness one or two notches either way.
That way you have the same settings in the displays for all your video sources.
I don't know which source is the to start with, the PS3 or Toshiba HDDVD but I would guess that
it would be Toshiba if you have a disc with calibration patterns for that.
1. Calibrate the chain Toshiba HDDVD + Onkyo + Samsung 61" DLP using the controls in the Samsung.
2. Calibrate the chain Toshiba HDDVD + Onkyo + Epson 8100 using the controls in the Epson.
3. Calibrate the chain PS3 + Onkyo + Samsung 61" DLP using the Source Setup->Picture Adjust settings.
4. The chain PS3 + Onkyo + Epson 8100 should not need any calibration.
Step 2 should have calibrated the display and step 3 any changes from the baseline for the PS3 as a source.
5. Calibrate the chain HTPC + Onkyo + Samsung 61" DLP using the Source Setup->Picture Adjust settings.
6. The chain HTPC + Onkyo + Epson 8100 should not need any calibration.
Step 2 should have calibrated the display and step 5 any changes from the baseline for the HTPC as a source.

If the assumptions in #4 and #6 doesn't hold water, then you would have to use different memory settings in the displays for calibrating those particular chains.
Also, try to make sure all sources use the same HDMI colourspace such as YCbCr and not RGB Full etc.

Red and green push? Nothing I have seen with my 3007.

Thanks ricardl. That sounds like a good plan. I downloaded the files from the AVS HD 709 thread to use. This is going to drive my wife nuts She of course is happy with the picture the way it is and doesn't understand why I am always trying to make it better. I am pretty happy with the out of the box settings of the Epson as well, but I know that I can do better
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Onkyo Tx Nr5007 145 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page