The Onkyo TX-NR3007/TX-NR5007 common questions/issues/hints/answers thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 4726 Old 06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHorne View Post

There is no way to get the receiver to process two different resolutions for the MAIN and SUB via HDMI.

Darn! - OK, but it does seem to scale the output to the display device currently being used?

The computer monitor by itself worked like a charm while displaying the OSD from the receiver.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 4726 Old 06-18-2010, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

A worthy suggestion but 2 posts earlier he did mention a 'power conditioner', if it is a decent one it should isolate and eliminate noise on the AC line.

I use 2 different (and tested a dozen of) conditioners in my home. None is eliminating ground loop - a conditioner is just not meant to do so. Btw, none of the conditioners at any price range eliminate all 100% of dirt. The only way to cut on every possible interference is to use on-line regeneration (it will feel as if you have your own powerplant at home), which in turn may cut dynamics of sound.

I say that if a power conditioner did not help, that does not necessarily mean that power line is ok.

Also, Onkyo does not use grounding pin on the powercord, 3rd pin is missing inside Onkyo's IEC receptacle. On the other hand the outer box must accomodate some potential out of other appliance (CATv, DVD) via interconnects. It may also be that Onkyo gets this via aerial\\sattelite TV cable via interconnects between Onkyo and SAT\\Cable box.

Still it is a mistery why CBdicX could not show this strange noise behavior to Onkyo service and they declared the unit to be ok. Scientific approach dictates that if a defect is there, it must be wherever you turn the receiver on. It cannot be here 'faulty' and there - normal working condition.
post #1983 of 4726 Old 06-18-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Darn! - OK, but it does seem to scale the output to the display device currently being used?

The computer monitor by itself worked like a charm while displaying the OSD from the receiver.

Maybe your monitor has built in scaling just for that reason??? I've seen monitors that will accept a full 1080p source feed, but only can display 1080i.

This is common with smaller monitors or TV's designed for like a kitchen or something.
post #1984 of 4726 Old 06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxruss View Post

I use 2 different (and tested a dozen of) conditioners in my home. None is eliminating ground loop - a conditioner is just not meant to do so. Btw, none of the conditioners at any price range eliminate all 100% of dirt. The only way to cut on every possible interference is to use on-line regeneration (it will feel as if you have your own powerplant at home), which in turn may cut dynamics of sound.

I say that if a power conditioner did not help, that does not necessarily mean that power line is ok.

Also, Onkyo does not use grounding pin on the powercord, 3rd pin is missing inside Onkyo's IEC receptacle. On the other hand the outer box must accomodate some potential out of other appliance (CATv, DVD) via interconnects. It may also be that Onkyo gets this via aerial\\sattelite TV cable via interconnects between Onkyo and SAT\\Cable box.

Still it is a mistery why CBdicX could not show this strange noise behavior to Onkyo service and they declared the unit to be ok. Scientific approach dictates that if a defect is there, it must be wherever you turn the receiver on. It cannot be here 'faulty' and there - normal working condition.

When I used the term 'power conditioner' I was referring to what CBdicX called it, and I understand that 100% clean power from any of these devices is a lofty goal however...

A reasonably good unit will remove most of the objectionable power line noise and some will also provide some form of regeneration.

As for a ground on the power cord of the NR series, that it is missing is not all that unusual, my Denon, Yamaha and Sony AVR's don't have them either. But just to note there is a ground terminal on the back of my NR3007.

Also to note the power conditioner that I am considering also has a 'system ground terminal' and I quote:

Quote:

The H15 provides for the connection of grounding wires from
all of your equipment to a central terminal lug. This ground
connection eliminates ground loop problems; tie all component
grounds to this screw to break any possible ground loops that
can cause an audible hum'.

Al
post #1985 of 4726 Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHorne View Post

Maybe your monitor has built in scaling just for that reason??? I've seen monitors that will accept a full 1080p source feed, but only can display 1080i.

This is common with smaller monitors or TV's designed for like a kitchen or something.

That is just it, my monitor does not accept a 1920x1080 resolution, but rather the Onkyo provided a suitable output via the HDMI SUB when the HDMI MAIN was not connected to active display...

My computer monitor reports this coming from the Onkyo: DVI, 720x480 31.5KHz 60Hz

To be honest that is why I bought this monitor, I wanted this particular size to fit in a 19" rack and provide a widescreen display for the HTPC as well (DVI-D/VGA inputs), I could not find a 1920x1080 monitor that was only 17.5 inches wide overall.

Al
post #1986 of 4726 Old 06-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had a similar ground problem with a slowly descending color band showing up on the screen. I added a power conditioner which helped. You might also try using an different electrical plug that is not on the same circuit as the ground problem. I remember doing this and eliminating the problem I believe was caused by a ceiling fan. Good luck!
post #1987 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Well, did the "power group" test but sorry to say no luck in getting the static noise out
I tried the power group from the bedrooms and also from the garden house, but all these groups also generate the static noise.
In addition to the static noise i have also a very low Hz hum and that hum will disapear when i disconect the cable box, so thats the hum source.
Even on PURE mode the hum will be there only on very high volume.
But the cable box is not the static noise source as this is the only input with NET/USB that will not have the static noise !
Strange is when i pull the HDMI cable from the cable box i do get the static noise on the cable box input, HDMI back in the Onkyo and the static noise is complete gone on the cable box source (and just this source)

I get the most static noise on the BD source.
On CBL/SAT with a connected HDMI cable nothing.
On NET/USB nothing.
On other sources yes, but on a lower volume then on BD.
Pulling HDMI cables makes no differents on other sources exept CBL/SAT as
i explained.

I do have a bundle of 5 power sockets, 3 have continues power, 2 have power
from a Master/Slave unit thats on a timer, and connected to the M/S unit i have the Onkyo as Master and the Cable box and cooling fans as Slave.
Also tried without the M/S unit and that makes no differents to the static noise.
I do have on this power line various 12v adaptors, a monitor, various external PC divices and the PC itself.
So the Onkyo must get the static noise from somewhere in this line.
Think the only way to get to the source of the static noise is to start over from 0 and let the Onkyo and other music/picture devices get the power from one socket, without all the other stuff.

So its to work on the power line for me, or take it as it is...............
post #1988 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 03:07 AM

Hi everyone! Did people with the static noise problem try to use external amp's? To see if that makes a dif.?
post #1989 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 03:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _XipHiaS_ View Post

Hi everyone! Did people with the static noise problem try to use external amp's? To see if that makes a dif.?

I have an "old" 5.1 JVC receiver but see now way in connecting that to the Onkyo pre-outs as the JVC has no pre-in...........
Or am i wrong and can the JVC be used ?
post #1990 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post

I have an "old" 5.1 JVC receiver but see now way in connecting that to the Onkyo pre-outs as the JVC has no pre-in...........
Or am i wrong and can the JVC be used ?

Maybe you can use the analog CD or DVD inputs and set the JVC vol at max? Switch to direct if it has one or switch any dsp's off.
post #1991 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _XipHiaS_ View Post

Maybe you can use the analog CD or DVD inputs and set the JVC vol at max? Switch to direct if it has one or switch any dsp's off.

Ok, tried just now and it worked.

But...........................

No change in the static noise
So back the square one.
post #1992 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:

some will also provide some form of regeneration.

It cannot be 'some form', it is either regenerated (with a transformers' help between input and output), or not regenerated but filtered. I use PS Audio Quintessense conditioner as filter for my stereo setups, and I looked into their manual: surprisingly, but the manual itself says that there can be rare possibilities of ground looping even if everything is fed through the conditioner. That is the word of a hi-fi manufacturer of quite an expensive unit, so I am extrapolating this (rare?) possibility of having this problem.

Quote:

As for a ground on the power cord of the NR series, that it is missing is not all that unusual, But just to note there is a ground terminal on the back of my NR3007.

Yes, that is absolutely normal for Japanese models to skip on the 3rd pin. However almost all of these usually provide grounding connector on outer box for phono connection. It is still grounded I guess through 'null' pin.

CBdicX, sorry to hear that you have this noise on otherwise decent piece of hardware. Did you show this awfull problem to Onkyo service people personally? I suspect that like everyone in the service industry when they have something vague they could tell 'we did not find it', especially if they receive the unit by post and the customer is not there to demonstrate the problem.
post #1993 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:

Ok, tried just now and it worked.

But...........................

No change in the static noise
So back the square one.

Is everything that is connected to the receiver in any electrical way fed from the same outlet?
Is there any sort of radio transmitter equipment nearby, like wireless modem, PC equipped with that or Bluetooth, rc light switches.....
Is the subwoofer signal cable (or other cables), running along something (or other cables) that sends out electrical pulses in any way, fridge on the same circuit?
post #1994 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It cannot be 'some form', it is either regenerated (with a transformers' help between input and output), or not regenerated but filtered. I use PS Audio Quintessense conditioner as filter for my stereo setups, and I looked into their manual: surprisingly, but the manual itself says that there can be rare possibilities of ground looping even if everything is fed through the conditioner. That is the word of a hi-fi manufacturer of quite an expensive unit, so I am extrapolating this (rare?) possibility of having this problem..

The statement "some form of regeration" is correct, I was not describing how this was achieved, but rather that it is available on some devices.

Quote:

Yes, that is absolutely normal for Japanese models to skip on the 3rd pin. However almost all of these usually provide grounding connector on outer box for phono connection. It is still grounded I guess through 'null' pin.

The reason there is a ground pin is so you may tie all of the grounds to the same point to prevent ground loops, it is obviously not connected to the ground pin (missing of course) on the NRX007 because of this. The ground pin on the HRX007 is not just for the phono.

The process would be to connect all of the equipment in the 'system' to the same ground location in order to prevent a voltage differential when the equipment is connected to 'different ground' points, basically using a 'star' connection.

Al
post #1995 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:

The process would be to connect all of the equipment in the 'system' to the same ground location in order to prevent a voltage differential when the equipment is connected to 'different ground' points, basically using a 'star' connection.

Btw, what you said is a good idea for CBdicX - maybe he could connect all his audio-video hardware in 'star' connection, just to eliminate possibility of the loop at least on his audio\\video setup.
Also on the page 43 of the Manual there is mentioned that 'with some turntables connecting the ground wire may produse an audible hum'.

A little offtopic, I guess, but usually it is good to test preamps and sources with regular 3 pin IEC power connector with and without grounding. Sometimes, they just sound better not grounded. This and trying reversing phases (combination of phases on the amp and source) is the cheapest upgrade ))

Personally, I must mention that original power cables is mediocre in quality, I replaced it with good cable and I can hear the difference.
post #1996 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Getting concerned I might have a bum unit based on some problems I just discovered today.

Is there some trick to getting the composite video connections to work? I have my Elite RPTV hooked up using the component outputs, and I can't get any composite input to appear on it. I tried multiple sources and multiple (unused) inputs including GAME and AUX1. Can anyone get a picture from an input source using the composite video on the front panel? This is definitely supposed to work based on the diagrams in the manual which show composite and S-video are upconverted to component video.

Also, my JVC S-VHS VCR (HR-S7800) which is connected to the S-video input for VCR/DVR displays nothing but a garbled (unsync'd) pink and purple mess while the internal menu or idle screen is displayed. Weirdly, if I play the tape the video is fine! I found at least two other reports of this same issue so assuming I didn't get someone's RMA'd unit it may be some issue with the JVC although that seems like a bit of a stretch since I never had this problem with any other device I ever connected it to.

I realize the legacy analog inputs are probably the least used these days, but they should be simple enough to get right so its pretty troublesome.

I like the unit overall but some of these "quirks" that seem to persist with it make me wonder if I made a mistake in buying one.
post #1997 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Well, your not alone.

Think i was one of the first x007 users that made mention of the static noise.
Had the 876 before this 3007 and the 876 had no problems.
My 3007 went 2x to Onkyo repair and in both cases they told me all was in Onkyo specifications and they could not find any problems
Even had contact with Chris from Audyssey about the static noise and he talked to Onkyo Japan and they could not recreate the static noise on the receivers they have (?).
Onkyo Japan and Chris seen my YouTube video's but no solution.
Its a great receiver but this is a bad design part.

Its not related to not the using the display (PURE mode) as DIRECT mode will also eliminated the static noise and then the display is used.
But the thing is PURE and DIRECT DO NOT USE the sub !!
And thats the problem, there is something wrong with the sub part.
Also on my receiver the static noise is the loudest on the BD source, other sources are much lower.
But all sources have it EXEPT Net/usb.

I even had the static noise on Audessye runs and it poped-up after the sub was used.
Strange is that its not always doing that, some runs are static noise free, others are not and in my case its the FL speaker, not the others.......

I tried everyting possible:

Other power outlet
Power conditioner
Other HDMI cables
Other speakers
Other inputs
Nothing connected to the receiver
Bi-Amp
Bi-Wire (i hear no differents with Bi-amp or Bi-wire sound like)
ect.ect.

Did not try rotating my house

All jokes aside, this is a very bad problem but i do not see Onkyo solving this.
I looked for a replacement receiver (then i need to sell this one, its around 7 month in use) but thats a big problem.
I can not find a receiver thats having all the goodies Onkyo has, i do not need 9.1, 7.1 is enough but still no replacement found ..........

I'm going to RMA the 5007 back to NEWegg and get a brand new one, hopefully the new one is flawless...I'll let you know.

Smo
post #1998 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 01:54 PM

So without reading the last 5-6 pages, are you hearing static from the right speaker only?

If so, I'm having this same problem as well, however with an external amplifier. I was able to get rid of most of the static by grounding the receiver to my PowerCenter and also grounding my external amp to the receiver as well.

However, I still here slight static from my right speaker even when the receiver is in standby. You can only hear it when your ear is placed right up to the speaker. I am worried that this will damage the speaker over time as my amp stays on 24/7 (Aragon 8008x3). Any experts know if this static could be damaging? The amp also gets quite hot even when idle (maybe because of this static issue???)

EDIT: I should add that I do not notice the static getting loader as the volume increases. In fact, even with barely audible volume the static disappears. It's only there when the receiver is in standby.

Getting the static noise with the RF speaker only. I too am using a monster power line conditioner and honestly when I plug the 5007 into a wall outlet the noise is the same...
I do not hear the static noise when the 5007 is in stand-by.
I think I am going to RMA the 5007 back to NEWEGG and try a new unit and hopefully the new one will be better. Why do you leave your power amp on 24/7? I hope that it has adequate ventilation because if you don't your taking years away from your unit.
I hear the static noise faintly at -15 and as I turn the volume up it gets louder.

Smo
post #1999 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

XipHiaS_;18798827]Is everything that is connected to the receiver in any electrical way fed from the same outlet?

No, the receiver is from a grounded outlet, other items are from a "normal" outlet.

Is there any sort of radio transmitter equipment nearby, like wireless modem, PC equipped with that or Bluetooth, rc light switches.....

NO, absolute nothing, all my connections are wired.

Is the subwoofer signal cable (or other cables), running along something (or other cables) that sends out electrical pulses in any way, fridge on the same circuit?

Yes, its a big bundle of cables and runing over and through each other....
The fridge is on the same outlet (but i tried also a different outlet), sub cable is there but sub is not working
post #2000 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

XipHiaS_;18798827]Is everything that is connected to the receiver in any electrical way fed from the same outlet?

No, the receiver is from a grounded outlet, other items are from a "normal" outlet.

CBdicX, Please confirm as you could have a European configration, because unless your receiver has a different plug then those sold in North America, it does not have or make use of the ground in a standard 3 prong outlet. BTW all normal outlets by electrical code here in NA would now be grounded, only older homes would have non-grounded outlets.

This is why I mentioned the ground screw terminal on the back of the receiver in the posts above.

Quote:

NO, absolute nothing, all my connections are wired.

Yes, its a big bundle of cables and runing over and through each other....
The fridge is on the same outlet (but i tried also a different outlet), sub cable is there but sub is not working

Electrical code must be different in Holland then here in Canada (and possibly the US), a fridge has to be on it own circuit with the only additional device allowed to connect to that circuit being a wall clock.

Al
post #2001 of 4726 Old 06-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMO5007 View Post

So without reading the last 5-6 pages, are you hearing static from the right speaker only?

If so, I'm having this same problem as well, however with an external amplifier. I was able to get rid of most of the static by grounding the receiver to my PowerCenter and also grounding my external amp to the receiver as well.

However, I still here slight static from my right speaker even when the receiver is in standby. You can only hear it when your ear is placed right up to the speaker. I am worried that this will damage the speaker over time as my amp stays on 24/7 (Aragon 8008x3). Any experts know if this static could be damaging? The amp also gets quite hot even when idle (maybe because of this static issue???)

EDIT: I should add that I do not notice the static getting loader as the volume increases. In fact, even with barely audible volume the static disappears. It's only there when the receiver is in standby.

Getting the static noise with the RF speaker only. I too am using a monster power line conditioner and honestly when I plug the 5007 into a wall outlet the noise is the same...
I do not hear the static noise when the 5007 is in stand-by.
I think I am going to RMA the 5007 back to NEWEGG and try a new unit and hopefully the new one will be better. Why do you leave your power amp on 24/7? I hope that it has adequate ventilation because if you don't your taking years away from your unit.
I hear the static noise faintly at -15 and as I turn the volume up it gets louder.

Smo

Im watching a dvd, DD,5.0, volume at -16 and I can hear the static noise in the RF....it gets louder, and then sometimes I don't hear it at all. When I do hear it, the RF is very localized and the static noise is very evident. 5007 going back, this sucks.
post #2002 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CBdicX, Please confirm as you could have a European configration, because unless your receiver has a different plug then those sold in North America, it does not have or make use of the ground in a standard 3 prong outlet. BTW all normal outlets by electrical code here in NA would now be grounded, only older homes would have non-grounded outlets.

This is why I mentioned the ground screw terminal on the back of the receiver in the posts above.

Electrical code must be different in Holland then here in Canada (and possibly the US), a fridge has to be on it own circuit with the only additional device allowed to connect to that circuit being a wall clock.

Stuff like a fridge, microwave, washmachine are all 3 prong plugs.
Receivers, TV's, cable boxes, PC's are all 2 prong plugs so so not need the extra grounding.
I have a mix of grounded and non-grounded power outlets.
The European Onkyo has also just the 2 prong power cable.
I do have a ground screw on the back of the Onkyo but i used that from the Onkyo to the grounded central heater but this makes no differents to the static noise (or maybe i did a wrong connection ?)

Yesterday i tried (on the LF speaker where my static noise is) a JVC receiver as power amp on the front pre-out of the Onkyo and still the static noise.
So its even generated on the pre-outs................
post #2003 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Im watching a dvd, DD,5.0, volume at -16 and I can hear the static noise in the RF....it gets louder, and then sometimes I don't hear it at all. When I do hear it, the RF is very localized and the static noise is very evident. 5007 going back, this sucks.

Yep, exact the way the static noise is behaving.............
Sometimes i think its gone and then out of the blue its back !
Thats why is thought the sub was the major problem causing the static noise but that was just coincidence.
Sometimes i had the idea that the statc noise could be "manipulated" so i could find the cause of the problem, but its not.
What i also do not understand is why not every user has this problem, that would be much easier then a few users in the US and Europe like now.

Also strange is that PURE and DIRECT mode have no problems at all.
post #2004 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

My week old 5007 doesn't exhibit this static noise, I selected an unused input, set the surround mode to PLIIx, cranked the volume to 0dB and checked each of the front three main speakers by placing my ears right next to them - nothing.

I'd really appreciate if anyone having a display hooked up via the component outputs would try using the composite input on the front panel to hook something up and see if its displayed? I get no picture on mine using ANY composite input. I even hooked up the composite video out to my monitor and still nothing! I don't have the HDMI hooked up yet (waiting for cables) but I've seen some discussion that a bad HDMI board could cause issues like this? I hope I don't need the HDMI to be active for this to work because I'll only be connecting this to my projector which is turned off mostly (I still use my Elite RPTV for most non-theatrical and daytime viewing.)

Looks like I got a lemon if you ask me.
post #2005 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug G View Post

My week old 5007 doesn't exhibit this static noise, I selected an unused input, set the surround mode to PLIIx, cranked the volume to 0dB and checked each of the front three main speakers by placing my ears right next to them - nothing.

I'd really appreciate if anyone having a display hooked up via the component outputs would try using the composite input on the front panel to hook something up and see if its displayed? I get no picture on mine using ANY composite input. I even hooked up the composite video out to my monitor and still nothing! I don't have the HDMI hooked up yet (waiting for cables) but I've seen some discussion that a bad HDMI board could cause issues like this? I hope I don't need the HDMI to be active for this to work because I'll only be connecting this to my projector which is turned off mostly (I still use my Elite RPTV for most non-theatrical and daytime viewing.)

Try playing a DVD and pause it, turn the volume way up and I start to hear it around -20. At 0db its quite loud. I have my old sony vcr hooked up via composite on the rear of the unit and sometime the 5007 says error and can't display the vcr menu. It works when a tape is already playing.....Honestly if you don't have the static noise problem I would keep that unit!!
Smo
post #2006 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Stuff like a fridge, microwave, washmachine are all 3 prong plugs.
Receivers, TV's, cable boxes, PC's are all 2 prong plugs so so not need the extra grounding.
I have a mix of grounded and non-grounded power outlets.
The European Onkyo has also just the 2 prong power cable.
I do have a ground screw on the back of the Onkyo but i used that from the Onkyo to the grounded central heater but this makes no differents to the static noise (or maybe i did a wrong connection ?)

Yesterday i tried (on the LF speaker where my static noise is) a JVC receiver as power amp on the front pre-out of the Onkyo and still the static noise.
So its even generated on the pre-outs................

OK, from reading your posts and those by SMO5007, it is my opinion that you don't have a ground loop problem as these are typically system wide (not coming through a specific speaker), rarely come and go and should be at the line frequency.

Your problems, described as 'static' might still be connection related but I don't think it is coming from the power line.

Have either of tried the process Doug described in the post above? select an unused input, or better yet disconnect everything from the AVR and listen to the speaker in question for static. If the static is still present with nothing connected other then 'non-powered' speakers (no powered sub) then I believe that you have a strong case for replacement/repair.

Now if you try the configuration I mention and there is no static, add other devices one at a time to determine if any of them add static. Be sure that each device you add is plugged into the same outlet as the AVR to avoid introducing a variable of other circuits.

This should narrow things down, and remember YOU have to try this with your AVR and set up, no quoting that somebody else tried and there for it can't be the issue...

Al
post #2007 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug G View Post

I am not voting for lemonaid just yet!

Since you are using the component output you need to chose a specific setting via the Monitor Out button under the front panel door. To allow analog signals (Component/S-Video/Composite) to be output to either their respective outputs on the back of the AVR 'Or' to upconverted and sent out via the Component ouput you need to select "Analog" and remember to set the resolution to "Through" then upconversion takes place and every (analog) signal is available at the component terminals.

Remember though, that a setting of Analog effectivly turns off the HDMI output, where as "HDMI Main" or "HDMI Sub" doesn't cross convert analog signals to each other but does up-convert them for output through the HDMI port.

BTW, I just hooked up my Smart Phone to the composite/left/right intput on the front of my NR3007 and I can see the photo images on my PJ (Component video), even flash up Windows Media player and see it's graphic and hear the music. Seems to work using the setting I describe above.

Al
post #2008 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:

OK, from reading your posts and those by SMO5007, it is my opinion that you don't have a ground loop problem as these are typically system wide (not coming through a specific speaker), rarely come and go and should be at the line frequency.

Your problems, described as 'static' might still be connection related but I don't think it is coming from the power line.

Have either of tried the process Doug described in the post above? select an unused input, or better yet disconnect everything from the AVR and listen to the speaker in question for static. If the static is still present with nothing connected other then 'non-powered' speakers (no powered sub) then I believe that you have a strong case for replacement/repair.

Now if you try the configuration I mention and there is no static, add other devices one at a time to determine if any of them add static. Be sure that each device you add is plugged into the same outlet as the AVR to avoid introducing a variable of other circuits.

This should narrow things down, and remember YOU have to try this with your AVR and set up, no quoting that somebody else tried and there for it can't be the issue...

Im going to try that right now, thanks Al! I will let you know
post #2009 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:

Im going to try that right now, thanks Al! I will let you know

have everything unplug from the avr expect the speakers. Still hear the static noise..!! OMG, now i hear it in both the LF and RF, what is wrong with this 5007!!!
post #2010 of 4726 Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

have everything unplug from the avr expect the speakers. Still hear the static noise..!! OMG, now i hear it in both the LF and RF, what is wrong with this 5007!!!

Nothing? no FM antenna, network connection... absolutely nothing (except the speakers)?

What input did you have selected? (not the tuner or internet radio I hope?) Should choose something from the rear panel like BD...

Al
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo , Onkyo Tx Nr3007 140 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Onkyo Tx Nr5007 145 Watts 9 2 Channel Av Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Receivers Amplifiers , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Nr5007 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page