what amp for 2 cerwin vega cls 15? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello im some what of a newb when it comes to home stereos im wondering what kind of set up would be recommended for 2 cls 15 cerwin vega 3 way speakers.. i just purchased Panasonic-1250W 7.1-Channel Home Theater System with Blu-ray Disc Player-SC-BT300 now i know that i cant run the vegas off that so what do i need to integrate those speakers in with it??

thanks in advance i hope i dont get bashed for being a newb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 02:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 71
First off, does that Panasonic have pre outs to connect an amp?

Also, you can probably drive those speakers with the Panasonic. They are highly efficient (they may also be a little boomy, if past listening experiences with CV speakers is a guide.)

Give it a shot. If you really want it loud, I would guess that the Panasonic is not going to get there, because that 1250 watts is highly misleading. It's probably more like 100 or 200 watts or something total.

If you need to hook up an amp to the Panasonic, and it has no pre outs, there are boxes to convert speaker level to line level.

As for amps, any old amp would do. A Behringer A500 is probably your cheapest option. Or look for deals on any 2 channel pro amplifier. Emotiva is also very reasonable, as amps go.

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #3 of 6 Old 11-28-2009, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

First off, does that Panasonic have pre outs to connect an amp?

Also, you can probably drive those speakers with the Panasonic. They are highly efficient (they may also be a little boomy, if past listening experiences with CV speakers is a guide.)

Give it a shot. If you really want it loud, I would guess that the Panasonic is not going to get there, because that 1250 watts is highly misleading. It's probably more like 100 or 200 watts or something total.

If you need to hook up an amp to the Panasonic, and it has no pre outs, there are boxes to convert speaker level to line level.

As for amps, any old amp would do. A Behringer A500 is probably your cheapest option. Or look for deals on any 2 channel pro amplifier. Emotiva is also very reasonable, as amps go.

looks like there is some good deals on emotiva amps right now but what size amp should i get??

im pretty sure the Panasonic doesn't have any pre outs here is a view of the back

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-6740_7-...s=0&o=10001320

i good be mistaken tho thanks for your reply
post #4 of 6 Old 11-28-2009, 07:52 AM

There are no preout on that system so you will not easily be able to add an external amplifier.

It seems like you are trying to build a system of mixed together parts. What exactly are you trying to do? You just bought the Panasonic system so maybe you can still return that or the CV's? Is this setup for Home Theater only? Instead of just throwing money at an amp explain what you want from this system. There may be a better direction to go that will get you better results.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-28-2009, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettore View Post

There are no preout on that system so you will not easily be able to add an external amplifier.

It seems like you are trying to build a system of mixed together parts. What exactly are you trying to do? You just bought the Panasonic system so maybe you can still return that or the CV's? Is this setup for Home Theater only? Instead of just throwing money at an amp explain what you want from this system. There may be a better direction to go that will get you better results.

well basically what im wanting to do is try to incorporate the cv's into that system just for music purposes only i dont really want to have them on while watching a movie.. i really lucked up and got the cv's has a hand me down gift so i have no money in them just thought it would be nice to throw them in somehow since i dont have anything in them
post #6 of 6 Old 11-28-2009, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Without preouts, you have no ability to externally amplify any signal from the Panny Home theater receiver, whether Music or HT. What you need is a different receiver or two channel setup for the CVs. Since they are very efficient as Michael pointed out, simply place them in the current system as your fronts. Your Music enjoyment will likely increase substantially over the system speakers with 2 channel.

My life is an open book...wish I could read it and have it make sense.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page