DHC 40.1/RMB-1565 vs. SC-25....decisions... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am about ready to put together a modest 5.1 system for my living room. I was initially looking at the Integra DHC 40.1 pre/pro and pairing it up with a Rotel RMB-1565, but after looking at the features and specs of the Pioneer SC-25, I might consider going the AVR route.

Not only would I gain a few features the Integra does not have (mostly the USB iPod connection, and ability to power my patio speakers), but it would take up less space, and probably produce less heat than the 40.1/1565 combo. It also will cost considerably less.

Being that this is not a reference level system and will not be used for critical listening, does anyone think I would still benefit from using the Integra/Rotel combo? I thought having the ISF adjustments in the Integra would be awesome, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it is not a necessity. Then there is the Audyssey vs. MCACC issue. Any thoughts there?

I am not sure what speakers I will use yet. Probably some mid level Paradigm or B&W speakers. Thought about B&W CT 7.5 LCRS and the new CI700 in ceilings to match....but $$$ will play a factor here.

Rest of system is Mitsu Diamond 57", Xbox 360, Tivo HD, and a future Bluray....I really like the Pioneer Elite 23.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Both are nice but to different levels IMO.... as can be seen in price points.

FWIW the 40.1 can do ipod through an ipod connector.

From my understanding, audyssey > MCACC
post #3 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Go for the Integra/Rotel combo. The Rotel amp + B&W speakers would be an excellent pairing. Plus, the warranties on the Integra (3 years) and Rotel (5 years) are much better than the Pioneer's.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-23-2009, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had the same thoughts... BB has the Sc-25 real cheap there. But the 40.1 looks like a really nice piece if you take the video processor(which I do not need out of the equation). Honestly, is there much difference between the 40.1 vs the 80.1/5507. Other than a better version of Audyssey and video processor.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page