EDID information not being passed? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I seem to be stuck among multiple manufacturers and need help in identifying and resolving my issue.

First, my setup:

1. Intel Mac Mini with Boot Camp/Windows 7 and Intel Graphics 945 chipset.
2. The Mini is connected to Denon AVR 2310CI via a DVI-to-HDMI cable and the optical audio.
3. The Denon sends the video to the Sony HDTV (KDL 40VL130) via HDMI.

When I start my computer, the display is blank. I see "Starting Windows" and then when the login screen is supposed to show, I see nothing. I can Remote Desktop into the computer and do everything just fine. Just fyi, the "Screen Resolution" window shows Denon AVR identified as the display device.

If I uninstall the graphics driver and restart, I can see the login screen at 800x600 but when I log in and try to change the resolution to 1920x1080, same issue - the display goes blank.

I have tried connecting the Mini directly to the TV and all has been fine. I can see 1920x1080 and in the Windows "Screen Resolution" properties I see Sony HDTV identified properly.

I have talked with Denon customer support and they said it is Intel's problem. I have talked with Intel customer support and they say it is Denon's problem in that it is unable to send the EDID information from the TV to the chipset.

I tried setting all BitBashingSupport registry entries to FF and still could not change the resolution. I could go a bit more (like 1280x768 or something like that), but not to 1920x1080. Intel's notification window pop up keeps coming up and saying the computer is not at an optimal resolution and that the res should be set to 1920x1080.

Is there a way to make the EDID information available to the Mini?

BTW, looks like it is a Windows-only problem. When I boot into the Mac OS X on the Mini, I can see 1080p just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-10-2009, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try posting here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...sprune=30&f=26
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List