Denon AVR-2310CI or Onkyo TX-SR707 or something better? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I'm upgrading from the Denon AVR-2302 and am wanting to take advantage of these new fangled DTS-MA and DD-TrueHD formats that my new PS3 slim will kick out for my Blu-ray movies.

I rarely use the receiver for music, mostly video games and Blu-ray movies. I have Swan Diva Speakers and a SVS sub (7.1 set-up) and a 60" 1080p Sony LCoS rear projection.

And when I look at the open box buys or new buys it looks like these two receivers are the two I'm looking into. I might like to play around with pro logic IIz, but not too big of a deal for me right now.

And as usual I don't buy anything unless asking my friends here for help!

I love the warm sound that my current Denon produces and I've heard that the Onkyo has a similar sound, but I'm working off of opinions that I read back in 2002, so I'm assuming that some things may have changed since then.

At one point in time the Faroudja DCDi Cinemawas the go to technology for dvd players, and noticed that the Onkyo is still sticking with Faroudja, but I noticed that Denon is now with Anchor Bay VRS ABT-2010, anyone see any differences or have opinions?

So, any thoughts/suggestions/help is (as always) greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much in advance! I can't thank yall enough!

In Trinity,

Grady H.

In Trinity,

Argon52
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page