Yamaha RX-V2500 7.1 analogue inputs & Blu ray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi.

I am wishing to add a Blu ray player to my HT setup, but don't feel the need to replace my Yami RX-V2500 yet. I am intending to connect the bluray player using the 8 discrete inputs, but I understand that there may be a problem with the sub (.1) level of bluray players being 10db lower than the other channels and the yami expecting a similar level to the main channels?

I am using other 5.1 sources and don't want to have to adjust sub levels when changing sources. Can anyone help?

The BD players I have been considering ar the Panasonic BD80, and the Oppo BDP83. I know the Panasonic sub output is 10db down, but I'm not sure yet about the Oppo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Allen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Just had a look at a PDF of the Oppo BDP83, and it's 7.1 output levels are all adjustable by +/- 10dB so I should be able to get the correct LFE level on my Yami 2500 using this player in the 8 ch inputs.

New Question: Do the Yamaha Parametric EQ and/or speaker distance settings still apply for 8ch discrete inputs on the 2500? The DSP programs are unavailable. The manual isn't clear.

Regards, Allen.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodhue View Post

Just had a look at a PDF of the Oppo BDP83, and it's 7.1 output levels are all adjustable by +/- 10dB so I should be able to get the correct LFE level on my Yami 2500 using this player in the 8 ch inputs.

New Question: Do the Yamaha Parametric EQ and/or speaker distance settings still apply for 8ch discrete inputs on the 2500? The DSP programs are unavailable. The manual isn't clear.

Regards, Allen.

I had similar questions on my Yamaha HTR-5760 with my new BD390 Blu-Ray player. I found with the HTR5760 I could independently adjust the Multi-Ch speakers levels to get the +10Dbm on my SW channel - see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post17962355
post #4 of 4 Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodhue View Post

Regards, Allen.

No

All that processing is bypassed when you use external inputs. (Just like most model receivers)

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page