wireless rear surround speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I got a pioneer 1019 ahk reciever for Christmas. Man is it a great reciever. I wanted to hook up some rear wireless speakers so I bought a pair of JBL wireless 2.4Ghz speakers. The problem is I didn't realize that the transmitter needs a preamp signal and the reciever only has amplified outputs for rear surround. I am not electrically inclined, but it seems that a RCA to wire adapter, while good in theory, would blow the transmitter. Is that right? If I am right in that assumption, is there another way to get a preamp signal from the reciever to be recognized as the rear surround speakers? The speakers work great in zone 2, but I am scared to connect them to the rear speaker output. Thanks!

Dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

You are quite likely to damage the transmitters by connecting them to amplified outputs. You'll want to look for a device that will convert the speaker-level signal back to a line-level signal to feed the wireless transmitter. Here's one example of what to look for, but it's just the first thing that popped up when I Googled, so do some product research before buying anything: http://www.amazon.com/XANTECH-SLLC1-.../dp/B000P0UE38

Your other alternative would be to return the receiver for one with pre-amp outputs for all channels.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

That's what I thought was the answer. Thanks Roboray!

So does anyone else have a Pioneer 1019 AH-K and know if there is some way to turn zone 2 outputs into rear surround speakers?
post #4 of 5 Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano7 View Post

That's what I thought was the answer. Thanks Roboray!

So does anyone else have a Pioneer 1019 AH-K and know if there is some way to turn zone 2 outputs into rear surround speakers?

JBL sells a later version of the JBL wireless surround system which will work with both pre-amp and amp outputs. It is also sold on Amazon. Just do a search. The later JBl system is much better than the original system which you have. The earlier system would disconnect very quickly in the absence of a signal. Just read the criticisms on Amazon which are quire correct. i have both JBL witreless systems. Return youyr JBL system for the later system-you will be much happier and it will work with your 1019!
post #5 of 5 Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Feisty! I looked on Amazon and I saw what looked like the same prosuct for $50 more, but there was no description and it just looked like the same ones I have. Is that the right model? Can you help a brother out and post a link of the exact name of the unit? I would sure appreciate it!

Dean
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors