PV2600 Amplifier Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys, I have been having some issues with one of my amplifiers that I use both for occasional DJing and Driving a HT subwoofer. I brought it up to Maine this past weekend where I used it to DJ a small new years party. It than spent the remainder of the week in my car trunk. When I hooked it back up the "A" Channel no longer worked, but turning the "A" gain knob caused the drivers in an attached speaker cone to be pulled in (almost as if turning the knob caused a constant voltage to be applied to the speaker) if you stop turning the knob the speaker returns to its rest state.

In an attempt to fix this I turned it off unplugged everything and plugged it all back in and turned it on and it worked fine. Then, in the middle of listening to it, after about an hour I heard a loud "pop" and it is doing the same "not working thing" as before.

Since that happening i have been unable to get it to work again. While it was in my car it did have a bit of snow melt on top of it which i quickly dried up. I don't think any water got inside (I opened it up and didn't see any evidence of water).

If anyone has any Ideas as to where I can start looking that would be awesome. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

The "B" channel still works fine
Old 01-11-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

bump
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I assume this is a Peavey PV2600? If so it has (had?) a 5 year warranty so check with the manufacturer about cost of a repair. Or toss it and buy another - they are pretty cheap ($600 at Sweetwater). And if you don't mind my saying so I don't think it is a good idea to drive around with an amp or any electronic device in the trunk of a car if it is not bolted down or well packaged, at least not for any length of time. Even pro amps are not immune to damage from shocks and bumps.

"The truth is out there!"
Old 01-12-2010, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

I don't mind you saying, I know I kept it in a less than optimal spot and its brokenness is most likely my fault, I was just looking for some advice before I scrapped it.

I know it must be something not too major, as the problem seems kind of intermittent.