Denon Networking - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

after looking through the threads looking for information on networking issues with my denon AVR I decided to open a new thread.

The main reason for this is my current problem:
my AVR-3310 doesn't show an IP anymore although it gets one over DHCP (verified with tcpdump). Neither resetting the network (Up+Down while powering on) nor the microprocessor (DSP Simulation+Standard while powering on) solves it.
nmap shows only one open port: 5001
Does anyone know what it is used for and what protocol is used?

Thx, Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-28-2010, 07:07 PM

I wish I had help... but I just want to say I have the EXACT same problem with my 3310ci. It started on 1/24/10... it worked fine for over a month. Now I'm stuck in this mode... so pissed. If anyone can help I'd love to hear it. I've tried EVERYTHING -- no joke.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-06-2010, 09:44 AM

* DENON AVR-4810CI NETWORKING DEFECT *

My first Denon AVR4810CI was manufactured in August 09. It worked great for about 3 weeks, then the network functionality died. I could still ping the static IP I had assigned it, but could not reach the device webpage or connect to internet radio etc...

My second Denon AVR-4810CI was manufactured in October 09. It worked great for about 2 weeks, then the network functionality died. Same exact problem as my first 4810CI. Denon obviously has some serious issues with the networking system in this model.

I've had a 3808ci and 4808ci in other rooms working great for two years. IMO Denon needs to resolve the issue and recall all the units for expidited repair instead of making all thier customers suffer and wait months to have the defective units repaired. Incredible!

Rocky
post #4 of 9 Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM

koeb - did you ever figure out what was happening or what the listener on port 5001 was?
post #5 of 9 Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, but I still don't know what the port 5001 is for.
The other problems where a hardware issue. My dealer sent the unit to denon and I got it back with a replaced network unit. Since then it just runs as it should...
Hopefully the replaced part continues working
post #6 of 9 Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 AM

Had network problem with 4310 (purchased from BB in Jan/2010) and shipped via BB to service center. Haven't received it back yet but an inquiry about the type of service done claims nothing was wrong with the unit, unit working as shipped from manufacturer. When I bought it, the unit worked fine for 3 months and then the network feature died (no internet radio, cannot even connect to the USB-plugged iPod since this connection comes under network sources). I would get a message saying "Please wait, Connecting to network..." and the receiver would just hang there forever.

Is there a way to reset the "network unit" in 4310 like the hard reset done on the processor? There was a post about doing this in 3310 but not sure if the same applied to 4310.

Thanks,
VinSel
post #7 of 9 Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockL View Post

* DENON AVR-4810CI NETWORKING DEFECT *

My first Denon AVR4810CI was manufactured in August 09. It worked great for about 3 weeks, then the network functionality died. I could still ping the static IP I had assigned it, but could not reach the device webpage or connect to internet radio etc...

My second Denon AVR-4810CI was manufactured in October 09. It worked great for about 2 weeks, then the network functionality died. Same exact problem as my first 4810CI. Denon obviously has some serious issues with the networking system in this model.

I've had a 3808ci and 4808ci in other rooms working great for two years. IMO Denon needs to resolve the issue and recall all the units for expidited repair instead of making all thier customers suffer and wait months to have the defective units repaired. Incredible!

I found the network card manufacture, Bridgeco, and part number. The Denon AVR4810CI part number for the Bridgeco network card is: 8R1891001300D DM870 SUB ASSY 4810

Kind of pricey at $200, but may be a good option for those not under factory warranty:
http://www.hermanelectronics.com/Her...Frecno=6129602

Rocky
post #8 of 9 Old 10-25-2011, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I know about the many failed denon network cards and replacing them works. I browsed the forums and the issue seems consistent from place to place. Cards with gold traces fail, the new ones without gold traces are better. However, to me it really sounds like the card gets locked up in a configuration it can't handle and once locked its hard to get out of it, if not impossible. #1) The issue is consistent, pings work so the card is not completely dead. To me it seems like the firmware configuration on the card that gets in a locked. Seems like something that could be fixed with a new firmware to protect it from getting in this state, or atleast have a self reset feature. Have any firmware updates come down that specifically address network issues?
post #9 of 9 Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudx View Post

I know about the many failed denon network cards and replacing them works. I browsed the forums and the issue seems consistent from place to place. Cards with gold traces fail, the new ones without gold traces are better. However, to me it really sounds like the card gets locked up in a configuration it can't handle and once locked its hard to get out of it, if not impossible. #1) The issue is consistent, pings work so the card is not completely dead. To me it seems like the firmware configuration on the card that gets in a locked. Seems like something that could be fixed with a new firmware to protect it from getting in this state, or atleast have a self reset feature. Have any firmware updates come down that specifically address network issues?

He's right! i found this in youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=dNxRJon5WrI

a guy replacing the networkcard, and at the beggining says he buyed from herman electronics!

so seems like it solve the problem (200 bucks lol)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page