Sony Sony STR-DN1000 Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 40 Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, has anyone been able to pass through a 3d Bluray signal to a 3d TV on this receiver, or am I out of luck? HDMI pass through has not given me love on this device. Sometimes 1080p is even a bit flaky, which is sad.

Am I going to have to pay the early adopter tax again and upgrade to the 1010? Shame on me ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 02-25-2011, 11:29 AM

i hope you guys still check in on this thread. first off, i did a bad bad thing. I just moved and when i was setting the speakers back up i first setup a 5.1 until i could mount the rears(you have got a dirty mind). then later i was running the wires for the rears and, are u ready, had the rec turned on, yes i know it's zarking stupid! anyways, the beams crossed and the universe was torn asunder, well the two rear channels don't work now at least. think they are blown for good, or is there a fuse in there or something in the menu. also, even with the 5.1 setup i cannot get the auto cal to complete, it's starts and then gives me a foghorn type honk and quits??? thanks for any help

edit: the auto cal did work before btw

ViZuNaRy

3D Blu-ray... Better than real life!
post #33 of 40 Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguild View Post

Guys, has anyone been able to pass through a 3d Bluray signal to a 3d TV on this receiver, or am I out of luck? HDMI pass through has not given me love on this device. Sometimes 1080p is even a bit flaky, which is sad.

Am I going to have to pay the early adopter tax again and upgrade to the 1010? Shame on me ;-)

i don't think you'll have any luck passing the 3d signal properly, because the player and tv cannot handshake. an EDID cheat might work, but I really don't know anything about that. Fortunately, at least I'm looking at it that way, I use my PS3 and it doesn't support 3D and lossless at the same time, so I went back to my opt cable. You know I have to say that the PS3 has turned out to be the cheapest entertainment equipment I have ever bought.

ViZuNaRy

3D Blu-ray... Better than real life!
post #34 of 40 Old 04-08-2011, 03:46 AM

I have my DN 1000 hooked-up to a Dish network box via HDMI. While the HD programming looks good, video quality on the SD programming is simply awful (Panasonic 720p plasma). Is there any tweaking I can do....
post #35 of 40 Old 09-22-2011, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just picked this unit up on ebay new for 2 bills.

I found that the unit is complex to set up. So far I have found two limitatations that bug me.

1. No 5.1 analog audio inputs. I would normally use these to imput 5.1 SACD and DVD-a (and even DTS 5.1) source material. Yes it has an HDMI input, but my SACD capable PS3 is useless because this unit will not detect digital SACD source material from the PS3. Gerrrrr.

2. My PS3 plays blu-ray superbly. Most disks today are 1080p. Yet this receiver downgrades the 1080p into to 1080i before it sends the video to the tv via HDMI. Gerrrrr.

Although Sony knows how to make a world class AM and FM HD receiver, the radio portion of this unit is third rate, at best; typical of most receivers.
post #36 of 40 Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feirstein View Post

Just picked this unit up on ebay new for 2 bills.

I found that the unit is complex to set up. So far I have found two limitatations that bug me.

1. No 5.1 analog audio inputs. I would normally use these to imput 5.1 SACD and DVD-a (and even DTS 5.1) source material. Yes it has an HDMI input, but my SACD capable PS3 is useless because this unit will not detect digital SACD source material from the PS3. Gerrrrr.

2. My PS3 plays blu-ray superbly. Most disks today are 1080p. Yet this receiver downgrades the 1080p into to 1080i before it sends the video to the tv via HDMI. Gerrrrr.

Although Sony knows how to make a world class AM and FM HD receiver, the radio portion of this unit is third rate, at best; typical of most receivers.

Your #2 is weird because I play BD movies through my ps3 and it is not showing 1080i. Probably a dumb question, but is your TV 1080p capable?
post #37 of 40 Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM

this amp is producing hollow voices and quiet as well, i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?
post #38 of 40 Old 12-15-2012, 10:17 AM

Never had a problem with quiet.. but the hollow voices are very annoying. After getting this receiver, i upgraded my speakers but it didnt fix the probkem. Eventually played with the settings and found something i could live with... still noticeable and annoying for things like sports and newscasts.
post #39 of 40 Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM

This receiver does seem to have a hallow sound to it - I've listened to other 5.1 systems and the center channel sounds loud and clear - with this Sony it sounds soft and mushy. I paired them with Onkyo SKS-HT540 - not the greatest speakers, I know. Trying to figure out if I need to upgrade my speakers or if the receiver is the problem.
post #40 of 40 Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM

I have a Sony Blu-Ray player connected with hdmi and a Directv receiver connected with hdmi. From the Sony str-dn1000 I have a single hdmi to a Sharp 60" Led. Just recently when watching a Blu-ray the readout on the receiver doesn't read Dolby Digital or DTS, it reads Linear PCM. I am assuming this is not digital. I have the receiver set to auto on the audio setting of dec. priority and I have the Blu-ray player set to Bitstream (other option is pcm.) It always reads Dolby Digital when on HD channels for Directv so I don't think the problem is in the receiver. I believe it's not seeing DTS-HD and it has in the past.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page