Official Emotiva XPA-5 Owners Thread - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 94Likes

post #2251 of 2540 Old 05-14-2015, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1645 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMac View Post
I have Denon x4100w (125w) running all 7 channels. Mains are Goldenear Triton 5 and SuperCenter XL. I think towers are 90db.

Do you guys think XPA5 would improve SQ?
DaveyMac,

The Denon X4100w spec is for 2 channel "solid" stereo mode only and into 8 ohms nominal load. Once you go to multi-channel operation, that power figure no longer holds true.

Once you try running all channels, the maximum power per channel will drop to around 80W (this is a guess). I can't easily find bench tests to confirm 5-channel and 7-channel numbers for the X4100W. Perhaps someone on this thread can. Edit: Found the bench tests for an older Denon model that has the same 2 channel power amp rating as the X4100W at secrets of home theater site here: http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...-labs-measures

The main question is the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) that you're currently achieving with the X4100W and the speakers, is it sufficient to reach reference level? It will depend a lot on your room, where the speakers are placed relative to the room boundaries, the speaker sensitivity, the number of speakers and distance between the Main Listening Position (MLP) and the speakers.

I use the following web app to help determine if 105 dB peak can be achieved at the MLP with your current speaker setup and with your Denon X4100W: http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

If you find out that power is insufficient, then look at external amps. The XPA-5 is one such option for your front sound stage which will consume the most amount of power - particularly the front left, center and front right channels.

Note that the X4100W has some limitations on the number of channels it can process - a maximum of 9. It also has limitations if you want to go with four ceiling speakers - it needs an additional 2 channel external amp for this.

Edit: Regarding your question of sound quality improvement, it's difficult to say. But a clean signal from the amp to your speakers is needed to provide good sound reproduction. If there is increased distortion of the signal out of the amp due to higher load demands, it will generally degrade the sound quality.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.

Last edited by steveting99; 05-15-2015 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo and additional text for clarity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2540 Old 05-15-2015, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
{ABOVE}
Thanks a lot for the detailed response speakers are within 10 feet of MLP, so it hits reference no problem. I'll report back what happens with SQ.
post #2253 of 2540 Old 05-22-2015, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
The XPA=5 truly is a well-built machine!

I grabbed this quote from the first page of quotes on this thread. Based on reading alone, I would agree with BrolicBeast.

I am within a month of completing a refit of my audio system, and I am going to have a place for an additional amp. I keep reading the specs on the XPA-5; I admit I do not understand the numbers.

Number of channels: 5
Topology: fully discrete, highly optimized dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B with premium components throughout
Power output (all channels driven):
300 watts RMS @ 4 ohm (0.1% THD)
200 watts RMS @ 8 ohm (0.05% THD)Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- .075 dB
Broadband Frequency response: 5 Hz to 100 kHz, +0 -2dB
Amplifier gain: 29 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio:
1 watt: > 95 dB
Full power: > 119 dBInput impedance:
unbalanced: 23.5 kohms
balanced: 33 kohmsPower supply: 1,200VA toroidal transformer with 60,000uF storage capacitance
Size:
unboxed: 17” wide x 7 3/4” high x 19” deep
boxed: 23 1/2" wide x 12" high x 24 3/4" deepWeight: 70.4 lbs (81.5 lbs boxed)

I get that it is a five channel amp. I don't know what fully discrete, highly optimized dual differential, high current, short signal path means.

I don't know what these numbers mean:

Rated power bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- .075 dB
Broadband Frequency response: 5 Hz to 100 kHz, +0 -2dB
Amplifier gain: 29 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio:
1 watt: > 95 dB
Full power: > 119 dBInput impedance:
unbalanced: 23.5 kohms
balanced: 33 kohms

1,200VA toroidal transformer with 60,000uF storage capacitance

I know what a toroidal transformer is; I do not know what 60,000uF storage capacitance means.

Any thoughts?
post #2254 of 2540 Old 05-22-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

^Alanlee,

What are the speakers you intend to drive with the XPA-5? Emotiva has given test reports for both 8 ohm and 4 ohm loads.

Depending on what type of speaker you've got, it's sensitivity, the number of speakers, distance between speaker to Main Listening Position (MLP), the room characteristics and how loud you want to go, the XPA-5 may or may not do what you want. So there are a lot of factors that go into checking for amp power.

I use the following web app to help with the calculating power numbers: http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

Play around with it in 2-channel "solid" stereo setup and see how much power you need to reach 105dB peak at the MLP.
Alanlee likes this.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #2255 of 2540 Old 05-22-2015, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Does anyone know the true sensitivity to drive the first gen XPA5 and XPA3 to full power? Does it matter if the load on the outputs is 4 or 8 ohm? If so is it in relation to the 2.83v=1w into 8ohm and 2.0v for 4ohm formula?
post #2256 of 2540 Old 05-22-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
^Alanlee,

What are the speakers you intend to drive with the XPA-5? Emotiva has given test reports for both 8 ohm and 4 ohm loads.

Depending on what type of speaker you've got, it's sensitivity, the number of speakers, distance between speaker to Main Listening Position (MLP), the room characteristics and how loud you want to go, the XPA-5 may or may not do what you want. So there are a lot of factors that go into checking for amp power.

I use the following web app to help with the calculating power numbers: http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

Play around with it in 2-channel "solid" stereo setup and see how much power you need to reach 105dB peak at the MLP.

Thanks for your response. Please check out post #2243 for the results of that calculation.
post #2257 of 2540 Old 05-23-2015, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post
Does anyone know the true sensitivity to drive the first gen XPA5 and XPA3 to full power? Does it matter if the load on the outputs is 4 or 8 ohm? If so is it in relation to the 2.83v=1w into 8ohm and 2.0v for 4ohm formula?
Coolrda, I couldn't find any testing/data for the original XPA-5 or XPX-3, so I looked back at these measurements of the original XPA-2, which will be very similar (except for output power): Audioholics | Emotiva XPA-2 Measurements & Analysis
Quote:
The XPA-2 reached its full power with only 1.2Vrms.

Input sensitivity is commonly referenced to full power into 8Ω, but let's check...

The original XPA's all had an amplifier gain of 32dB IIRC. So we can calculate the output voltage: 1.2Vrms input + 32dB of amplifier gain = 47.8Vrms output. Into 8Ω, 47.8Vrms draws 6.0A (V/R) and generates 286W (VxI). This 286W figure gels quite well with Audioholic's measured single channel full bandwidth output of 312W (into 8Ω) for the XPA-2, as 312W equates to 50.0Vrms output and therefore 32.4dB of gain on a 1.2Vrms input.

Now, for the original XPA-5 or XPA-3 we can make an assumption and work backwards to an input sensitivity. To be conservative (err on the high side), let's assume that the XPA-5 XPA-3's single channel output exceeds the rated power (200WPC) by a similar ratio to the XPA-2 (250:312). This gives an estimated single channel output of into 8Ω of 250W and thus equates to 44.7Vrms output. So then, 44.7Vrms output - 32dB of amplifier gain = 1.1Vrms input sensitivity for the the XPA-5 and XPA-3.

Perhaps not the "true" input sensitivity, but that ^ is a long way of saying I believe it won't be any higher than 1.1Vrms.

Hope that helps.

PS: @Alanlee a read of the Audioholics review may assist in understanding some of amplifier specs you've enquired about.
post #2258 of 2540 Old 05-23-2015, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
Thanks for your response. Please check out post #2243 for the results of that calculation.
Alan,

So you did! The max power you need to reach reference is less than 100W per channel into 8 ohms and the XPA-5 has more than double (+3dB) spare capacity for your Klipsch speakers.

The Audioholics article pointed by GIEGAR will help you understand some of the parameters mentioned in the specs of the XPA-5.

The XPA-5 are good amps. I've recently got a pair for the future Atmos setup being constructed at the new place.

post #2259 of 2540 Old 05-23-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Alan,

So you did! The max power you need to reach reference is less than 100W per channel into 8 ohms and the XPA-5 has more than double (+3dB) spare capacity for your Klipsch speakers.

The Audioholics article pointed by GIEGAR will help you understand some of the parameters mentioned in the specs of the XPA-5.

The XPA-5 are good amps. I've recently got a pair for the future Atmos setup being constructed at the new place.

I am happy to hear you are pleased with your amp. The XPA-5 is probably my next purchase. I will check out the audioholics article. Thanks
post #2260 of 2540 Old 05-24-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
Coolrda, I couldn't find any testing/data for the original XPA-5 or XPX-3, so I looked back at these measurements of the original XPA-2, which will be very similar (except for output power): Audioholics | Emotiva XPA-2 Measurements & Analysis

Input sensitivity is commonly referenced to full power into 8Ω, but let's check...

The original XPA's all had an amplifier gain of 32dB IIRC. So we can calculate the output voltage: 1.2Vrms input + 32dB of amplifier gain = 47.8Vrms output. Into 8Ω, 47.8Vrms draws 6.0A (V/R) and generates 286W (VxI). This 286W figure gels quite well with Audioholic's measured single channel full bandwidth output of 312W (into 8Ω) for the XPA-2, as 312W equates to 50.0Vrms output and therefore 32.4dB of gain on a 1.2Vrms input.

Now, for the original XPA-5 or XPA-3 we can make an assumption and work backwards to an input sensitivity. To be conservative (err on the high side), let's assume that the XPA-5 XPA-3's single channel output exceeds the rated power (200WPC) by a similar ratio to the XPA-2 (250:312). This gives an estimated single channel output of into 8Ω of 250W and thus equates to 44.7Vrms output. So then, 44.7Vrms output - 32dB of amplifier gain = 1.1Vrms input sensitivity for the the XPA-5 and XPA-3.

Perhaps not the "true" input sensitivity, but that ^ is a long way of saying I believe it won't be any higher than 1.1Vrms.

Hope that helps.

PS: @Alanlee a read of the Audioholics review may assist in understanding some of amplifier specs you've enquired about.

I did read the article and it does bring some issues into focus.

I am still struggling with some of the terminology like: " fully discrete, highly optimized dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B with premium." Here is one definition of the term discrete I found on the internet: "A discrete circuit is an electronic circuit built out of discrete components, such as resistors, transistors, etc., instead of a single integrated circuit." I am sure there are those of you reading this post that say "yes, very clear, what's the matter with this guy?" And believe me, I have great respect for your powers of reason. But to me that definition is like reading a foreign language, especially when the person that wrote it used the term discrete to define a discrete circuit.

Ok, yes the terminology is techno-babble created by Emotiva's advertising department. However, when I buy this amp and a visitor to my home asks why did you buy this amp? After I say "because it is made in America," I do not want to say because it is "fully discrete....................premium", unless I know what that means; because, you know, eventually someone will ask a follow up question, and then where will I be?

I could say I bought it because I liked the way it sounds, but I have not heard it. I have only read about here in this forum, so I have to rely on you (all of you) for the answers and I do appreciate the effort you put into writing the posts in this thread.
post #2261 of 2540 Old 05-24-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMac View Post
I have Denon x4100w (125w) running all 7 channels. Mains are Goldenear Triton 5 and SuperCenter XL. I think towers are 90db.

Do you guys think XPA5 would improve SQ?
No. Amps don't effect SQ....just amplify it. The more ppl spend on an amp, the more they like to believe it does. I call it Amp Bias.
post #2262 of 2540 Old 05-24-2015, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4164 Post(s)
Liked: 4048
Quote:
Ok, yes the terminology is techno-babble created by Emotiva's advertising department. However, when I buy this amp and a visitor to my home asks why did you buy this amp? After I say "because it is made in America," I do not want to say because it is "fully discrete....................premium", unless I know what that means; because, you know, eventually someone will ask a follow up question, and then where will I be?

I could say I bought it because I liked the way it sounds, but I have not heard it. I have only read about here in this forum, so I have to rely on you (all of you) for the answers and I do appreciate the effort you put into writing the posts in this thread.
Worrying about explaining why you bought an amp to people visiting? Really? Most would be happy with the basic reason for buying any power amp....I wanted more power. Not necessarily need it. The specs of the amp will just put your visitors to sleep anyways. You start talking sales babble about discrete amp circuits and you're done.
azz7686 and Alanlee like this.
post #2263 of 2540 Old 05-28-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Lovin' the Gen I XPA-5 I got from one of the members here, with my multiple speaker per channel setup having the cleaner & extra power on hand (over my 130w/ch advertised Pioneer AVR) really has made a difference with those High Dynamic moments.
Using 4 of the channels for my surrounds for now, once my XPA-2 arrives next week I'll use the other channel for my center instead of the XPA-3 I'm using for fronts right now.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
post #2264 of 2540 Old 06-04-2015, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello, I have a Onkyo TX-NR5008 for a few years now and have been thinking about going separates but not sure if it would be overkill. I was looking at purchasing the Emotiva XPA-7 or XPA-5 plus the XPA-2 with the Marantz AV8802(A).

I have a 7.2 setup (Klipsch RF-II, RC-64II, RS-62II, RB-51II, and 2 HSU VTF-15H Subs) in my living room (16ft long x 11ft wide x 8ft high). For now, do Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers would not be ideal. I'm not sure if DTS:X will benefit my setup.

Will I benefit from a sound quality standpoint with upgrading? Or at least get the Emotiva Amp(s) for my Onkyo pre-outs?
post #2265 of 2540 Old 06-04-2015, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vp4lifehva View Post
Hello, I have a Onkyo TX-NR5008 for a few years now and have been thinking about going separates but not sure if it would be overkill. I was looking at purchasing the Emotiva XPA-7 or XPA-5 plus the XPA-2 with the Marantz AV8802(A).

I have a 7.2 setup (Klipsch RF-II, RC-64II, RS-62II, RB-51II, and 2 HSU VTF-15H Subs) in my living room (16ft long x 11ft wide x 8ft high). For now, do Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers would not be ideal. I'm not sure if DTS:X will benefit my setup.

Will I benefit from a sound quality standpoint with upgrading? Or at least get the Emotiva Amp(s) for my Onkyo pre-outs?
I think the amplifier upgrades will offer the biggest dynamic bang for the buck despite you having a reasonably efficient array of speakers. I would make that your priority, then worry about preamplification when the whole Atmos thing gets sorted. Realistically the amplification needs of the additional Atmos channels should be handled with relatively modest hardware additions. Plus, I think the Atmos decoding hardware market will develop significantly soon if the technology gets any traction.
post #2266 of 2540 Old 06-04-2015, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:

Personally I'd keep the Onkyo until it's obeslete. Changing for changing reasons is a bit daft. It's not like your AVR lacks HDMI.

I'd try a XPA-3 for the front three and see what you think, it's not too expensive and that's where the most power matters. Also by taking away the most important three from your Onkyo that will free up power to the remaining channels.

I do prefer dedicated amps over AVR's but for me there has to be a reason. High end speakers, hard to drive/inefficient, large room already have pre-power setup and old amps have died on you, you change amps often so re-buying high end AVR's to get quality amplifiers is bad way of spending money etc.

I'd upgrade your speakers IMO

Last edited by fatbottom; 06-04-2015 at 11:54 PM.
post #2267 of 2540 Old 06-05-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 935
Quote:

Hi, the answer will largely depend on your preferred absolute maximum volume levels. Are your main speakers RF-7II's?

Broadly speaking, if your Onkyo is capable of generating sufficient clean/unclipped power to comfortably play your Klipsch system to your absolute maximum volume levels in your room, a move to separates or the addition of external amps with higher rated power will not yield any real sound quality benefits.

Your power needs depend on a number of factors including the sensitivity of your speakers (which if they are RF-7 II's is actually 92dB/1W/1m, not the 101dB/1W/1m Klipsch claims), the distance from the speakers to your listening seat(s), your absolute maximum/never exceeded volume levels (relative +/- dBMV) for music and movies and lastly, the general acoustic properties of the room.

Your Onkyo TX-NR5008 carries the THX Ultra2 Plus certification, which means that it will play any commercially available multichannel program material (music and movies) to cinema reference level (indicated by 0dB master volume) in an "Ultra2 sized" room (see below) with minimal distortion, when all nine channels are hooked up to speakers with a minimum sensitivity of 89dB/1W/1m and a minimum impedance of 3.2Ω (4Ω nom.).

Given that your speakers are at least 89dB/1W/1m sensitivity, your room is half the volume (therefore surrounds are closer, requiring less power and room reinforcement is enhanced) and your listening distance is about 12ft (I presume), the TX-NR5008's amps will have additional headroom (or capability to spare) at "reference level" volume (0dBMV). So, unless you routinely listen at levels of say +5dBMV (or above ), it's highly unlikely your power needs will exceed the capabilities of the TX-NR5008's amps, and the addition of external amps with higher rated power is not warranted.

I hope that assists you in making an informed decision.

steveting99 likes this.
post #2268 of 2540 Old 06-05-2015, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

^+1 to GIEGAR on a great post.

Just got an email from the big boss at Emotiva. Looks like the e-Club is shutting it's doors so no more 10% discounts going forward.

Once my current e-Club membership runs out, there will be no option for renewal.

Anyone wanting discounts on Emotiva gear will have to wait until there's a sale on or get used gear from Craigslist, e-Bay, etc.

Last edited by steveting99; 06-05-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typo
post #2269 of 2540 Old 06-06-2015, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
^+1 to GIEGAR on a great post.

Just got an email from the big boss at Emotiva. Looks like the e-Club is shutting it's doors so no more 10% discounts going forward.

Once my current e-Club membership runs out, there will be no option for renewal.

Anyone wanting discounts on Emotiva gear will have to wait until there's a sale on or get used gear from Craigslist, e-Bay, etc.
I got that too, looks like I got in just under the wire, just got mine at the end of last month, so at least I still have almost a whole year to use it.

This is also going to effect the value of used gear depending on when your trying to sell, since people can't automatically take the 10% off new stuff for "dollars spent" comparisons.

I can't do it now, but any Sale's that come about after this Fall, I'll definitely be using the double 10% discount on a couple of XPR-1's.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html

Last edited by ALtlOff; 06-11-2015 at 06:08 AM.
post #2270 of 2540 Old 06-08-2015, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post
I'd upgrade your speakers IMO
Just curious why he needs to upgrade his speakers?
Other than the typo for his mains he has a really nice setup.
GIEGAR likes this.

Sharp 80 inch, Klipsch RF7ii's, RC64ii, RS52ii's, PSA XS30 X 2, Denon X4000, Oppo 103D, Emotiva XPA5, Marantz CC67
Garage: UMC-200, Sony 5500 BD Player, Emotiva Airmotiv 5's,Crown XLI 800, HSU TN1225 SUB, Vizio 24" TV.
Comp: Emotiva DC-1, Airmotiv 5's and Triska Sub.
post #2271 of 2540 Old 06-08-2015, 05:05 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmaniac View Post
Just curious why he needs to upgrade his speakers?
Other than the typo for his mains he has a really nice setup.
Thanks for the replies, especially from the chart from Giegar. I didn't catch the typo, the mains are the RF-7 IIs. I upgraded all of my speakers about a year ago, can't upgrade them again at this point.

From a rational standpoint, I'll go separates when I need to have Atmos or DTS:X. I'm a little bit older now and my ears can't take near reference level volumes
GIEGAR likes this.
post #2272 of 2540 Old 06-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 106
^^^
vp4lifehva - just wait till your're over 75. Based on my in-laws, you'll have your audio at reference + 10db!
azz7686 likes this.
post #2273 of 2540 Old 06-09-2015, 06:05 AM

Liked: 10
Need a little help if XPA-5 would provide a noticeable improvement over my dedicated receiver. I have a Yamaha RX-A 3030 pushing a 9.2 system made up of Goldenear Trition One, SuperCenter XL, Invisa MPX for sides, and SuperSat 3 for highs. My media room is really large at 6300cuft with two rows of seating. I primarily use media room to watch movies with the receiver set at -5 dB. Any help would be appreciated.
post #2274 of 2540 Old 06-09-2015, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked: 1049
Check out this online SPL calculator: http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

My guess would be "no" despite the large'ish room since the Triton One's have a built-in powered subwoofer and are 8-ohm nominal, 92 dB/W/m speakers. However, that's pretty loud if -5 dB w.r.t. reference and a large room...

When you play with the calculator and consider amplifiers, bear in mind that 3 dB is about the increase that most of us recognize as "a little louder" and takes twice the power. To sound twice as loud in the midrange is a 10 dB increase and requires ten times the power.

HTH - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #2275 of 2540 Old 06-09-2015, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I did read the article and it does bring some issues into focus.

I am still struggling with some of the terminology like: " fully discrete, highly optimized dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B with premium."...
Hi Alan,

Perhaps this article on the type of amplifiers will help you?

Then have a read of a detailed explanation by Dr. David A. Rich of the Harmon Kardon HK 990 Stereo Integrated Amplifier at Secrets of Home Theater and HiFi here:

post #2276 of 2540 Old 06-09-2015, 09:38 PM

I am taking notes.

Quote:
Hi Alan,

Perhaps this article on the type of amplifiers will help you?

Then have a read of a detailed explanation by Dr. David A. Rich of the Harmon Kardon HK 990 Stereo Integrated Amplifier at Secrets of Home Theater and HiFi here:

Ok - I am working on the articles. Thank you
post #2277 of 2540 Old 06-12-2015, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 51
So everyone keep wondering when Emotiva would be doing a sale... But it looks like they currently are at this very moment!

I've been wanting to purchase an XPA-3 for a while. Now, for only $700, I'm tempted.
post #2278 of 2540 Old 06-12-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVenom18 View Post
So everyone keep wondering when Emotiva would be doing a sale... But it looks like they currently are at this very moment!

I've been wanting to purchase an XPA-3 for a while. Now, for only $700, I'm tempted.
Got the email as well. Does that 10% work for anyone or just those who are club members? Or do club members get another 10% off on top of the sale price?
post #2279 of 2540 Old 06-12-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Ditto...

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2)
Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6
SVS: TBD x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #2280 of 2540 Old 06-12-2015, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 51
That's a good question, and I cannot answer that for you.

All I know is that I am NOT a Club Member, and the 10% off sale is publicly posted on their website. I really want that XPA-3, but just dropped a lot of money on new speakers. Darn it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page