Official Emotiva XPA-5 Owners Thread - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 47Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
The small the sub driver requires more power to achieve the same Sound Pressure Level (SPL) as a larger sub driver. If you're limited by power supply, check with your sub manufacturer on the power requirements for 15" and 18" drivers that would give you the same SPL as the 12" driver.
I already have the 12 inch subwoofers. So that I understand but doesn't help me much.
ViperVenom18 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-23-2015, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 281
^ViperVenom18,

Using voltage of 110VAC, the single 20A circuit works out to be about 2,200W maximum power available.

Check the power requirement of your 12" sub. If it is more than 550W, then the maximum number you can put on that 20A circuit is the four number of 12" subs.

The XPA-3 has a 850VA power transformer, so it cannot go on the same circuit as the 4x12" subs as there is risk of current overloading. Thus it will need to go to another circuit. I.e. the 15A non dedicated circuit mentioned in the previous post.

You can mix and match devices between the two circuits. I.e. put the XPA-3 and two of the 12" subs on the 20A circuit and the other 2 x 12" subs on the 15A circuit.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300 (on order).

Last edited by steveting99; 06-23-2015 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo
steveting99 is online now  
Old 06-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
^ViperVenom18,

Using voltage of 110VAC, the single 20A circuit works out to be about 2,200W maximum power available.

Check the power requirement of your 12" sub. If it is more than 550W, then the maximum number you can put on that 20A circuit is the four number of 12" subs.

The XPA-3 has a 850VA power transformer, so it cannot go on the same circuit as the 4x12" subs as there is risk of current overloading. Thus it will need to go to another circuit. I.e. the 15A non dedicated circuit mentioned in the previous post.

You can mix and match devices between the two circuits. I.e. put the XPA-3 and two of the 12" subs on the 20A circuit and the other 2 x 12" subs on the 15A circuit.
Makes sense, thank you. Never ran into this sort of problem before.
ViperVenom18 is offline  
Old 06-25-2015, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
GIEGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
I am probably missing your point, and I mean no disrespect; however, if one needs so little power to drive the speakers, why do you need an amp (xpr-5) with so much power? I ask this question because I am soon to order an amp from Emotiva, and I have, in my mind, been debating between the XPA-5 and the XPR-5. Are there reasons other than power involved in the decision?
How's it goin' Alan. That was a good question and I think it shows your instincts are good. Since you first posted a few pages ago enquiring about an XPA-5 or XPR-5, I've also been puzzling over why you're considering another power amp.

In case I've missed anything, this is what I've gleened about your situation: All Klipsch system consisting a Cornwall/Heresy front end (98 and 97dB/1W/1m sensitivity) and KB surrounds (90dB/1W/1m). You're adding four ceiling speakers (93dB/1W/1m) for a 7(?).1.4 Atmos system, correct? You already have a couple of NAD power amps and a Sunfire power amp.

I can't recall your room size, or more particularly your listening distance (if you've given it). I don't think you've indicated a preferred absolute maximum volume level (relative dBMV), but you've been working out power required for theoretical reference level (calibrated 0dBMV) program peaks of 105dBSPL per channel at the listening position. Please correct me if I've got something wrong or missed anything above.

Alan, the payoff for genuinely high sensitivity speakers is that you don't need a lot of power to drive them to very loud levels. For instance, at 98dB/1W/1m each of your Cornwalls only need 14dBW or bursts of power of about 25W to produce 105dBSPL peaks at a 13ft listening position. If your KB surrounds are say about 8ft from the listening position, they'll theoretically require around 19dBW or 80W bursts from the amplifier to produce a peak of 105dBSPL.

Unless your room is very large, and therefore having long distances to all speakers, or your listening preferences are to levels above 0dBMV (ie. VERY LOUD), your power needs would appear to be well within the capabilities of any top-of-the-line/flagship AVR that you'd be considering that are able to process 11 channels of Atmos audio simultaneously.

What models are your current NAD and Sunfire amps Alan? Some flagship AVR's (like the Denon) have almost complete freedom in internal amp assignments, so you can utilise your current power amps on pretty much any channels you see fit, and use the AVR's internal amps for the balance.
GIEGAR is online now  
Old 06-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
How's it goin' Alan. That was a good question and I think it shows your instincts are good. Since you first posted a few pages ago enquiring about an XPA-5 or XPR-5, I've also been puzzling over why you're considering another power amp.

In case I've missed anything, this is what I've gleened about your situation: All Klipsch system consisting a Cornwall/Heresy front end (98 and 97dB/1W/1m sensitivity) and KB surrounds (90dB/1W/1m). You're adding four ceiling speakers (93dB/1W/1m) for a 7(?).1.4 Atmos system, correct? You already have a couple of NAD power amps and a Sunfire power amp.

I can't recall your room size, or more particularly your listening distance (if you've given it). I don't think you've indicated a preferred absolute maximum volume level (relative dBMV), but you've been working out power required for theoretical reference level (calibrated 0dBMV) program peaks of 105dBSPL per channel at the listening position. Please correct me if I've got something wrong or missed anything above.

Alan, the payoff for genuinely high sensitivity speakers is that you don't need a lot of power to drive them to very loud levels. For instance, at 98dB/1W/1m each of your Cornwalls only need 14dBW or bursts of power of about 25W to produce 105dBSPL peaks at a 13ft listening position. If your KB surrounds are say about 8ft from the listening position, they'll theoretically require around 19dBW or 80W bursts from the amplifier to produce a peak of 105dBSPL.

Unless your room is very large, and therefore having long distances to all speakers, or your listening preferences are to levels above 0dBMV (ie. VERY LOUD), your power needs would appear to be well within the capabilities of any top-of-the-line/flagship AVR that you'd be considering that are able to process 11 channels of Atmos audio simultaneously.

What models are your current NAD and Sunfire amps Alan? Some flagship AVR's (like the Denon) have almost complete freedom in internal amp assignments, so you can utilise your current power amps on pretty much any channels you see fit, and use the AVR's internal amps for the balance.

I have been away for a few days, and I just read your post. I need to absorb your very helpful comments and will reply soon. Thanks
Alanlee is offline  
Old 06-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
How's it goin' Alan. That was a good question and I think it shows your instincts are good. Since you first posted a few pages ago enquiring about an XPA-5 or XPR-5, I've also been puzzling over why you're considering another power amp.

In case I've missed anything, this is what I've gleened about your situation: All Klipsch system consisting a Cornwall/Heresy front end (98 and 97dB/1W/1m sensitivity) and KB surrounds (90dB/1W/1m). You're adding four ceiling speakers (93dB/1W/1m) for a 7(?).1.4 Atmos system, correct? You already have a couple of NAD power amps and a Sunfire power amp.

I can't recall your room size, or more particularly your listening distance (if you've given it). I don't think you've indicated a preferred absolute maximum volume level (relative dBMV), but you've been working out power required for theoretical reference level (calibrated 0dBMV) program peaks of 105dBSPL per channel at the listening position. Please correct me if I've got something wrong or missed anything above.

Alan, the payoff for genuinely high sensitivity speakers is that you don't need a lot of power to drive them to very loud levels. For instance, at 98dB/1W/1m each of your Cornwalls only need 14dBW or bursts of power of about 25W to produce 105dBSPL peaks at a 13ft listening position. If your KB surrounds are say about 8ft from the listening position, they'll theoretically require around 19dBW or 80W bursts from the amplifier to produce a peak of 105dBSPL.

Unless your room is very large, and therefore having long distances to all speakers, or your listening preferences are to levels above 0dBMV (ie. VERY LOUD), your power needs would appear to be well within the capabilities of any top-of-the-line/flagship AVR that you'd be considering that are able to process 11 channels of Atmos audio simultaneously.

What models are your current NAD and Sunfire amps Alan? Some flagship AVR's (like the Denon) have almost complete freedom in internal amp assignments, so you can utilise your current power amps on pretty much any channels you see fit, and use the AVR's internal amps for the balance.

Hello Giegar

What you have gleened from my posts is correct; no need for corrections. I am still pondering the AVR/Pre-pro dilemma, and I take your point that if I buy an AVR I may not need more Amps. I have always tried to buy more power than I need, run the amps on low power, and avoid too much heat.

My present thinking, and I admit it changes almost daily, is to run the ceiling amps off the AVR if I buy an AVR which means I would need to buy four more channels.

If I get a pre-pro, I will first attempt to run the ceiling amps with the Pioneer 49TXI.

Here is the gear I have:

Evolving Audio system is Pioneer vsx 32(processor) and pioneer 49txi might be power for ceiling,

Klipsch cornwall (front) powered by NADC275BEE,

two Klipsch heresy (center) powered byNAD C275BEE,

two Klipsch academies (surround)powered by sunfire symphonic reference (might be future wide power)

two Klipsch kg RS-7 (rear surroundpowered by vsx 32).

Two Klipsch KSW-15 sub-woofers,

two Klipsch kg 1.5 to be used as front wide

four Klipsch SA-2 now mounted onfront/middle and rear ceiling (wired for two more)

Oppo 103

Apple TV

Mac Mini

70inch Vizio 4K

Theater room is 24 X 14 X 12 (ceiling)with two open walls on rear and left side.

Distance from front speakers to listening post is 12 feet.

Ceilings are 12 Feet high.

Right now, Denon and Marantz seem like logical avenues for pre-pro or AVR.

Sorry if I gave you too much information, however, if you need more, I am here.

Last edited by Alanlee; 06-28-2015 at 02:57 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Alanlee is offline  
Old 06-28-2015, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanlee View Post
Hello Giegar

What you have gleened from my posts is correct; no need for corrections. I am still pondering the AVR/Pre-pro dilemma, and I take your point that if I buy an AVR I may not need more Amps. I have always tried to buy more power than I need, run the amps on low power, and avoid too much heat.

My present thinking, and I admit it changes almost daily, is to run the ceiling amps off the AVR if I buy an AVR which means I would need to buy four more channels.

If I get a pre-pro, I will first attempt to run the ceiling amps with the Pioneer 49TXI.

Here is the gear I have:

Evolving Audio system is Pioneer vsx 32(processor) and pioneer 49txi might be power for ceiling,

Klipsch cornwall (front) powered by NADC275BEE,

two Klipsch heresy (center) powered byNAD C275BEE,

two Klipsch academies (surround)powered by sunfire symphonic reference (might be future wide power)

two Klipsch kg RS-7 (rear surroundpowered by vsx 32).

Two Klipsch KSW-15 sub-woofers,

two Klipsch kg 1.5 to be used as front wide

four Klipsch SA-2 now mounted onfront/middle and rear ceiling (wired for two more)

Oppo 103

Apple TV

Mac Mini

70inch Vizio 4K

Theater room is 24 X 14 X 12 (ceiling)with two open walls on rear and left side.

Distance from front speakers to listening post is 12 feet.

Ceilings are 12 Feet high.

Right now, Denon and Marantz seem like logical avenues for pre-pro or AVR.

Sorry if I gave you too much information, however, if you need more, I am here.
Hi Alanlee,

If you're going down the Denon/Marantz AVR route, one can do the custom amp assign so that some of 9 internal amps can be utilized for the ceiling speakers and the remaining floor speakers powered by the current pair of NAD C275BEE stereo amps and sunfire symphonic reference. The Pioneer VSX-32 only has stereo analogue inputs, so it can be used to drive another pair of speakers if you wish. I.e. front wides.

Might want to check with the Denon/Marantz experts of batpig and jdsmoothie to be sure on the particular model and the amp assign configuration.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300 (on order).
steveting99 is online now  
Old 06-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Hi Alanlee,

If you're going down the Denon/Marantz AVR route, one can do the custom amp assign so that some of 9 internal amps can be utilized for the ceiling speakers and the remaining floor speakers powered by the current pair of NAD C275BEE stereo amps and sunfire symphonic reference. The Pioneer VSX-32 only has stereo analogue inputs, so it can be used to drive another pair of speakers if you wish. I.e. front wides.

Might want to check with the Denon/Marantz experts of batpig and jdsmoothie to be sure on the particular model and the amp assign configuration.

Yes - good idea. I guess I am going to have to make a decision about whether I want an AVR or a Pre-pro. The reason I have not decided yet is because although I have looked at what is available and affordable, I am not quite finding what I want. I have talked to JD Smoothie on the phone, and I will also ask batpig for advice. Thank you
Alanlee is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 06:54 PM
rpr
Member
 
rpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't posted here in a while but I need some advice. I have a Denon X4000 running a 5.1 channel system inside and 2 channels in a separate zone outside.

I have B&W XT speakers inside and Klipsch 650 outdoor speakers outside.

My front stage feels a bit weak inside (front left, right and center) and I would like more volume outside, so I'm thinking about the XPA-5 to run those 5 channels (3 in, 2 out).

Thoughts?
rpr is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
I haven't posted here in a while but I need some advice. I have a Denon X4000 running a 5.1 channel system inside and 2 channels in a separate zone outside.

I have B&W XT speakers inside and Klipsch 650 outdoor speakers outside.

My front stage feels a bit weak inside (front left, right and center) and I would like more volume outside, so I'm thinking about the XPA-5 to run those 5 channels (3 in, 2 out).

Thoughts?
Hi rpr,

Here are the specs of B&W XT series of speakers:
  • XT8 floor standers. Sensitivity of 86dB/W/m. 8 ohms nominal with a minimum of 3.1 ohms. 40Hz to 22kHz (+/-3dB). Recommended power 50W to 150W.
  • XT2 book shelves. Sensitivity of 85dB/W/m. 8 ohms nominal with a minimum of 5.2 ohms. 55Hz to 22kHz (+/-3dB). Recommended power 30W to 100W.
  • XTC center speaker. Sensitivity of 87dB/W/m. 8 ohms nominal with a minimum of 4.0 ohms. 55Hz to 22kHz (+/-3dB). Recommended power 30W to 150W.

So the B&W XT series of speakers are on the low efficiency side and will require power to increase Sound Pressure Level (SPL) if one likes to listen to loud music or go to reference level for movies. It depends a lot on the speaker setup in the room, distance between speakers and Main Listening Position (MLP) and how loud one wants to go.

The other issue is the minimum impedance of the XT8 which dips a bit low and not sure at what frequency. If the dip in impedance happens to be at the bass region, then a lot of current is needed for clean bass reproduction. You can get around this by implementing bass management and selecting the appropriate crossover frequency.

Note that the Denon X4000 is not rated to drive 4 ohm loads to reference level. If you're sitting position (MLP) is kind of far away from the speakers, an external amp such as the Emotiva XPA-5 (Gen 2) makes sense to power the front sound stage as well as the surrounds.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300 (on order).
steveting99 is online now  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Member
 
creimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am on my third XPA-5, the first one I sold cause I'm a dummy haha and the second one i sold as i went to powered speakers for a little while and now I'm back to passive speakers and another XPA-5 powering my 5 channels as I run a 5.1 and soon 5.2 system, the XPA-5 is a seriously great amplifier.
azz7686 likes this.
creimes is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by creimes View Post
I am on my third XPA-5, the first one I sold cause I'm a dummy haha and the second one i sold as i went to powered speakers for a little while and now I'm back to passive speakers and another XPA-5 powering my 5 channels as I run a 5.1 and soon 5.2 system, the XPA-5 is a seriously great amplifier.
It must be if you keep coming back!
ViperVenom18 is offline  
Old 06-30-2015, 08:09 AM
Member
 
creimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVenom18 View Post
It must be if you keep coming back!
Plus it's really one of the few that I can actually afford, I would try other gear but being of so called broke middle class status I have a limited selection of amps to choose from haha
creimes is offline  
Old 06-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by creimes View Post
Plus it's really one of the few that I can actually afford, I would try other gear but being of so called broke middle class status I have a limited selection of amps to choose from haha
Yeah, I cannot believe how cheap these amps are!
ViperVenom18 is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 04:39 PM
rpr
Member
 
rpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Steve: Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking with the low sensitivity of the B&W's. Only difference is that I don't think I need the extra power for the surrounds, I will using those two channels to drive my outdoor Klipsch speakers.

I do like my music loud, but clean, so I'm hoping the XPA-5 is the ticket.
rpr is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
Steve: Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking with the low sensitivity of the B&W's. Only difference is that I don't think I need the extra power for the surrounds, I will using those two channels to drive my outdoor Klipsch speakers.

I do like my music loud, but clean, so I'm hoping the XPA-5 is the ticket.
rpr,

One idea is to use three of the five channels in the XPA-5 to drive the front sound stage (i.e. front left, center and front right speakers) as they would require the most power. The surrounds are generally closer to the MLP than the front sound stage and the Denon X4000 should be able to easily drive them. Generally the surrounds are used about 20% of time in most movie sound tracks, so they don't require a lot of power. With this setup, you would have ability to power both side and back surrounds with the X4000 if you ever decide to go with a full 7.1 setup. Just go into the custom amp assign on your Denon and configure the right settings.

The remain two channels of the XPA-5 can be utilized for Zone 2 pre-outs of the X4000 which can easily drive the Klispch outdoor speakers.

Maranatz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP(2x4) & 10x10HD, Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300 (on order).

Last edited by steveting99; 07-01-2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: typo and additional text for clarity
steveting99 is online now  
Old 07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
rpr
Member
 
rpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, that's the plan. Thanks.
rpr is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
So I was going to buy an XPA-3 today (off of Amazon), and of course they sold out of them via Amazon a few days ago. The only reason I have to buy the amp from Amazon is I have numerous gift cards for Amazon, otherwise I could not afford it.

Sucks...
ViperVenom18 is offline  
Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Member
 
creimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVenom18 View Post
So I was going to buy an XPA-3 today (off of Amazon), and of course they sold out of them via Amazon a few days ago. The only reason I have to buy the amp from Amazon is I have numerous gift cards for Amazon, otherwise I could not afford it.

Sucks...
Are you able to pick up an XPA-5 then ?, I always say it's better having the extra channels anyhow for things like mentioned above(zone speakers), or powering all five channels of a 5 speaker setup, for anyone worrying the XPA-5 easily drives my full five channels. The price per channel of the XPA-5 is one of the best deals in audio IMO

Processor - Sherbourn PT-7030, Speakers - Chane A5rx-c, A2rx-c, UAC-8.2 rears, Subs - Mach 5 IXL-18's, Amps - Emotiva XPA-5, Behringer EP4000 Sub amp, Sources - Mac Mini, Oppo 103, Display - Panasonic PCP60UT50

creimes is offline  
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by creimes View Post
Are you able to pick up an XPA-5 then ?, I always say it's better having the extra channels anyhow for things like mentioned above(zone speakers), or powering all five channels of a 5 speaker setup, for anyone worrying the XPA-5 easily drives my full five channels. The price per channel of the XPA-5 is one of the best deals in audio IMO
I am in a similar situation with Amazon coupons. I checked yesterday on the XPA-5, and there is no listing for it on Amazon. There was a used XPA-3. I guess I waited too long. I will call Emotiva today and see if they plan to send more XPA-5s to Amazon. If not, I will order direct.
Alanlee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off