Official Emotiva XPA-5 Owners Thread - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 64Likes
post #2401 of 2402 Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked: 495
AFAIK there is no option to bridge channels of an XPA-5. If you bridge the XPA-2, it is only rated for 8-ohm nominal speakers. Your Studio 100 v2's are 4 ohms or so over much of the midbass region per Stereophile measurements, http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...O36YIpj4GMT.97). Your FL/FR speakers are rated 350 W max, 210 W program, so I think a single XPA-2 for the pair of them would be plenty.

IMO - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2402 Unread Today, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
AFAIK there is no option to bridge channels of an XPA-5. If you bridge the XPA-2, it is only rated for 8-ohm nominal speakers. Your Studio 100 v2's are 4 ohms or so over much of the midbass region per Stereophile measurements, http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...O36YIpj4GMT.97). Your FL/FR speakers are rated 350 W max, 210 W program, so I think a single XPA-2 for the pair of them would be plenty.

IMO - Don
Don, Thank you for the info that a XPA-5 cannot be bridged. I am planning to buy the XPA-7 now. I currently bridge 2 sets of 2 channels on my Adcom GFA-7500 to power my Studio 100s. I will try them with the XPA-7 as well. Once I get my Atmos speakers, then I will decide if I can afford or need the additional XPA-2. I have two 20 amp circuits wired to mt HT cabinet. One was for power and one was for source. I may have to split these amps between the two circuits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page