Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My setup:

TV: Samsung 52" LN52B750
Receiver: Sony STR-DH500
Speakers: JBL ES90's and ES250p sub

I have been having issues with my Sony STR-DH500 receiver since I bought it. It is hooked up to a 52" Samsung LN52B750. I am using the receiver as an audio/video switcher as well. The tv and the receiver are both less than 8 months old and were purchased new. I am running a 1st generation (fat) PS3 as my blu ray player.

I have the PS3 plugged into the "blu-ray" HMDI IN port on the receiver. From the HDMI OUT on the receiver it is running to the tv's HDMI IN. I am also using a digital optical audio cable running from the tv's OUT port to the receivers IN port. I know everything is hooked up right. I am pretty smart with tech and electronics.

I am using brand new BJC Belden Series-F2 HDMI 1.3a series cables. They were purchased in the past 3 months from bluejeanscable.com. I upgraded to these cables after initially running into the problem and it seemed to help for a while, but then I started seeing the problem again.

I do not have any problems with audio/video when watching television or any audio problems when using my iPod with the receiver.

My issue is that sporadically, when turning on the PS3, then the receiver, and then the tv I will get a message on the tv that says "MODE NOT SUPPORTED". I called Sony tech support and they blamed Samsung. I called Samsung, and they blamed Sony. I really feel the issue is with the low end Sony receiver not performing a proper handshake with the Samsung because the Sony unit doesn't have the correct firmware on it. Just a guess....My television has the latest firmware update on it that was released in November of 2009.

I would like to know anyone's thoughts on this. Thank you in advance.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page