Samsung HW-C700 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 113 Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dave Moritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
While Samsung makes a really nice HDTV, IMHO they fall short on many other things! I have had friends that have owned Samsung DVD & Bluray players and they are trouble. And when I say trouble, I mean lockingup for no reason and medeoacer performance. I am surprised it took Samsung this long to make people think they can build recievers. I would place the standard Pioneer lineup way above what Samsung is offering. Samsung is more like a Kenwood, JVC or down around some of the Sherwood stuff. I can not recomend this and would warn others about buying this reciever. There are better recievers out there for the same amount of money that are just better.

1080p High Definition SupporterLossless Audio Supporter Current Library: 221 DVD's / 74 HD-DVD's / 219 Blu-ray's (293 HD Titles)
Dave Moritz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 113 Old 08-07-2010, 08:09 PM
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart R View Post

Pros:
Cosmetics - clean panel, nice display, all adjustments behind lower front panel door. Nearly all adjustments are also available from the remote.

Technical - Low weight, high power, runs cool, plenty of headroom. Great slew rate/rise time, power is instantly there, transient performance can be heard. Bass is very clean, without the power supply or transient smear of many other "quality" amplifiers. Treble is very clear. wire brushes are very clean and well defined. The company's claim to "crystal clear" is well-founded. The sound is clear, lacking or adding nothing. Samsung got this all-digital power amplifier "right". Automatic sound control (setup) is easy and gives a very clean, clear result. This unit replaced several other recent models in my system (Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo). All of them had sophisticated setup options as far as microphone positioning and time window/delay for measurement. This unit uses a music signal rather than pink noise for automatic setup. It apparently uses the music signal as a template to adjust the system. I tried setup microphone placement in several positions, and the best was as directed in the instruction manual ... at ear level in the listening position. I later tried the setup microphone on my chair seat near the rear of the seat and it was better. The "smart volume" option works great. It not only keeps loud commercials down. It brings periods of soft conversation up. It has a long enough delay to not affect musical dynamics. Logitech has updated its equipment library, so there was no problem setting up the Harmony remote. This has been the easiest setup I've ever done, and in a difficult room at that. Video is outstanding - crystal clear and sharp. I use JVC blu-ray, a Phillips blu-ray, and an Oppo HD DVD player .. all HDMI connected. The sound is excellent. The video is remarkably good ... as sharp and clear as anyone could want ... equal or better than the other receivers, I've owned. When changing video sources, the HDMI "handshaking" may take a few seconds, during which there may be no picture or a one-time flicker in the picture as it sets itself up. After that, the picture is very stable. Had some questions for Samsung that were solved in a few minutes. Customer support was cordial and very good. I bought this unit because of the digital power amplifier and the power supply design. Based on its performance, I'm glad I did.

Cons: None

I agree with you, that the audio is superior to anything I've heard, and I've heard a lot. Same for video even if it just passes through (on my system its a Panasonic 65" VT25). It ain't just the Samsung LCD panels that provide their superior clarity as it works for plasma too.

Things are are so bad today that people would not know good sound if it came up and bit them in the arse. I may start over in this forum as the product is a breakthrough (but only the very most recent output from the factory).
HiFiFun is offline  
post #63 of 113 Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 AM
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here we have the next generation of an all digital receiver which does deliver on the theoretically superior sound quality.
The design is bleeding edge state-of–the-art, and true to form is quite unreliable. That is, most of the samples are defective. But Best Buy has an excellent return policy. So don't buy one if you are itching to whine here.

Out of three, one was good. The first defective sample had a square wave buzz and would shut off. The second had a popping sound in the rear left speaker whenever the disc changed location and removed the audio stream.

I compared it to the latest $349 Denon which had a wide dynamic range and improved openness (compared to previous models) but the soundstage is still too homogenized. (Denon is a great brand name and it pains me to say anything not positive).

The Samsungs PQ was also clearer which indicates their HDMI 1.4 chips are superior. So digital is not just digital, as implementations do matter.

It’s revealing that the high-end press offers zero coverage of a product that establishes a new sonic standard. Perhaps Samsung should raise the price to $5K and start paying to advertise in their publications.
Note: follow the inferior sounding Onkyo/Integra lead

Don't know whose technology is behind this product, but my guess would be TI.

I do not have time to start a new thread.
In summary the model 700 receiver is recommended to those who are curious about hearing new levels sound quality and realize that they will probably need to return it. But if you find a good one then you don’t have to wait until next year!

Note: In my house I’ve got three media rooms so I’m trying experimenting with different types of speakers and displays. I got a good sample and I’m still hoping to get a second.
HiFiFun is offline  
post #64 of 113 Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 AM
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The technology is from a Korean startup company called Pulsus:

Pulsus PS9830B (photo courtesy of CowoJawa)

http://www.pulsus.co.kr/products/pro_02_05.html
HiFiFun is offline  
post #65 of 113 Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 AM
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
When I research for upgrading (here for a 3D pass through receiver) I look for the reviews where they notice improved picture and sound quality.
This occurred for the 700 reviews whether it be Newegg, Best Buy or Amazon. Here at AVS only one person made the correct observation. Let me add that the their is a large fidelity improvement in the darker tones of the picture.

It even helps make SD look better on the Panasonic VT25 (many have commented on the crappy SD PQ).

I did the USB firmware upgrade this morning but did not listen to it yet. There was a difference in levels of about 15 db which was reported for other 1.4 receivers. Stereo CD/pcm has a volume setting of about 20, same for OTA Dolby broadcasts. But Blu-ray needs a setting of 40, which make the amplifiers mediocre S/N ratio apparent.

Samsung says this of the firmware upgrade
Ver 1002.6 May. 12. 2010
- when play TV Media (USB,DLNA,Internet Service),improves problem of sound

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/se...B&find_button=

This is a good response as Samsung usually stonewalls issues with their products (think Apple)
HiFiFun is offline  
post #66 of 113 Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 AM
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here it is August and Samsung is still selling 700s with the original and buggy firmware installed, when they already have issued the fix last May.

This is disgusting behavior is needless waste of their customers time. But it doesn't cost them anything, so they just don't care?

The receiver does include a convenient firmware upgrade USB port. The Geek Squad should be upgrading the firmware before the customer takes the receiver home. It takes all of 5 minutes and fixes most if not all of the issues.

New technology is always risky. Now I want a Droid X as it too makes significant advances. But on second thought maybe I'll wait a few more months.
HiFiFun is offline  
post #67 of 113 Old 08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Newbie
 
canky99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post


Samsung says this of the firmware upgrade
Ver 1002.6 May. 12. 2010
- when play TV Media (USB,DLNA,Internet Service),improves problem of sound

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/se...B&find_button=

This is a good response as Samsung usually stonewalls issues with their products (think Apple)


This update appears to have fixed the dropouts for the audio when playing through samsung tv or optical port. im not sure there is any audio improvement as such just cured the dropouts.
canky99 is offline  
post #68 of 113 Old 09-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Newbie
 
CowoJawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope you guys can learn something from this picture inside my empty Samsung HW-C700 because I

still need to learn more from this forum

CowoJawa is offline  
post #69 of 113 Old 09-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Newbie
 
Ring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: near Scranton Pa.
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
$199 @ Newegg with coupon code next 48 hours. Good deal?
Ring is offline  
post #70 of 113 Old 10-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Newbie
 
panaman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
seemed like a good deal to me... $200 bucks... 7.2 receiver... 4HDMI inputs...
I ordered one and it should arrive today... its replacing my dead Onkyo SR507

The fact that it doesn't do upconverting means nothing to me. I have 4 devices and they are all HDMI (Cable Box, XBOX360, PS3, and Asus Oplay)
Can't see any reason to own a VCR anymore.. heheheh

What the heck is a VCR?
panaman13 is offline  
post #71 of 113 Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Newbie
 
panaman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got mine hooked up last night.... first thing I did was update the firmware..... a very simple thing to do, must I say.... copy the 2 files to the usb drive. turn the receiver on, plug the usb thumb drive into the back of the unit, it automatically starts doing the update and in about 3 minutes it turns itself off.. which meens its done. You can check the firmware level by hitting the 9 4 times on the remote and some other button.. cant remember.... anywho... after i upgraded the firmware I proceeded to hook all my speakers and accessories to it. I have polk audio cs30 front and rear speakers and a cs1 center and an old sony 12 inch powered sub. My components are a Scientific Atlanitic HD-DVR(timewarner cable), Xbox360, PS3, and an ASUS Oplay. I hooked everything up and ran the automated speaker setup with the included microphone. The unit sounds great, can't tell a difference between this unit and my old Onkyo SR507 which died (hdmi ports died on it). I really like how all the buttons are hidden on the front of this unit, makes it sleak looking. I also like that its runs cool. My old Onkyo was like having an extra heater in the corner of the room. HDMI switching works great and doesn't have that annoying clicking noise that my old Onkyo had when switching between inputs. I played the Avatar Bluray Disk and it sounded awesome. I havent tested the Ipod dock yet.... I will mess with that tonight... all and all.... I don't think you could could find another receiver for $200 bucks that has these features and sounds as good as it does.. heck I bet you couldnt find one for $300 bucks that would compare to how good this unit is.
I'll report back in 6 months and let everyone know if it is still alive

What the heck is a VCR?
panaman13 is offline  
post #72 of 113 Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Newbie
 
Gunmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK guys, who here has not read the SPECIFICATIONS?
I read this thread, believed those of you who said it is a great buy and I pulled the trigger on one without looking at the specs. My fault for trusting information on an internet forum posted by people who may be complete novices.

The SNR is 80
and the THD is .9%

A comparable Onkyo HT-RC260 is $100 more through Newegg, the same place that has the Samsung on sale.
And it specs out with .08% THD and 106 SNR!!

A reminder to only trust ones own judgement.
Gunmetal is offline  
post #73 of 113 Old 10-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Member
 
drawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal View Post

OK guys, who here has not read the SPECIFICATIONS?
I read this thread, believed those of you who said it is a great buy and I pulled the trigger on one without looking at the specs. My fault for trusting information on an internet forum posted by people who may be complete novices.

The SNR is 80
and the THD is .9%

A comparable Onkyo HT-RC260 is $100 more through Newegg, the same place that has the Samsung on sale.
And it specs out with .08% THD and 106 SNR!!

A reminder to only trust ones own judgement.

Don't be too obsessed with the manufacturer's specs - they're mostly useless. You're more likely to get useful info here if you're careful about who you listen to.

This almost sounds like a bitter manufacturer posting in disguise
drawz is offline  
post #74 of 113 Old 10-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Member
 
DrLcMama0202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

I did the USB firmware upgrade this morning but did not listen to it yet. There was a difference in levels of about 15 db which was reported for other 1.4 receivers. Stereo CD/pcm has a volume setting of about 20, same for OTA Dolby broadcasts. But Blu-ray needs a setting of 40, which make the amplifiers mediocre S/N ratio apparent.

Samsung says this of the firmware upgrade
Ver 1002.6 May. 12. 2010
- when play TV Media (USB,DLNA,Internet Service),improves problem of sound

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/se...B&find_button=

It seems as if they have taken down the update or something? By chance does any one have a reliable mirror or did they simply move the update (searched and didn't see it)
DrLcMama0202 is offline  
post #75 of 113 Old 10-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Newbie
 
Gunmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawz View Post

This almost sounds like a bitter manufacturer posting in disguise

Yeah and you must work for Samsung, because the specs absolutely stink!!!
80dB SNR??????
.9% THR @ 8ohm
Onkyo is .08 (ten times less than the Samsung!)
Onkyo SNR is 106dB



The issue is newbies who look at the APPEARANCE and know very little about specs.
I figured because this is an audio/video forum that most members would have a pretty good understanding but evidently not.
I guarantee that Samsung won't put out nearly as much power as they claim it will. Look at the internal components.
Gunmetal is offline  
post #76 of 113 Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Member
 
drawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal View Post

Yeah and you must work for Samsung, because the specs absolutely stink!!!
80dB SNR??????
.9% THR @ 8ohm
Onkyo is .08 (ten times less than the Samsung!)
Onkyo SNR is 106dB



The issue is newbies who look at the APPEARANCE and know very little about specs.
I figured because this is an audio/video forum that most members would have a pretty good understanding but evidently not.
I guarantee that Samsung won't put out nearly as much power as they claim it will. Look at the internal components.

I'm not saying Samsung is the greatest or even that their specs are accurate. I'm in fact saying that I wouldn't trust ANY manufacturer's specs - Samsung and Onkyo included in that, especially on any mass market product. I will say that I am surprised Samsung specs are as bad as they are. Maybe they actually deliver on what they promise, even if that's not much

Take specs with a grain of salt. Few low-end to mid-end products deliver what they promise.
drawz is offline  
post #77 of 113 Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Member
 
DrLcMama0202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got off the horn with samsung trying to locate the firmware update for the C700 / C700b and I was informed that this unit has no actual updates. Even after searching google and various other places for a while I still can't seem to get my hands on these "magical" updates. If any one has a working link or can educate me as to what I might be missing I'd be forever grateful!
DrLcMama0202 is offline  
post #78 of 113 Old 10-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Newbie
 
canky99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLcMama0202 View Post

I just got off the horn with samsung trying to locate the firmware update for the C700 / C700b and I was informed that this unit has no actual updates. Even after searching google and various other places for a while I still can't seem to get my hands on these "magical" updates. If any one has a working link or can educate me as to what I might be missing I'd be forever grateful!

this is very odd as i updated mine back in May, just had a look on their website in the Uk and global website and yes they took the firmware down, why?
seems like its no where to be seen. wish i kept a copy on usb stick so i could pass it on to help anyone that needs it.
canky99 is offline  
post #79 of 113 Old 10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Member
 
DrLcMama0202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by canky99 View Post

this is very odd as i updated mine back in May, just had a look on their website in the Uk and global website and yes they took the firmware down, why?
seems like its no where to be seen. wish i kept a copy on usb stick so i could pass it on to help anyone that needs it.

Ya that's what I was thinking. Usually you can find firmware for anything on some repository stored somewhere. Unfortunately I've been unable to find anything; I may try to give the techs another call and keep elevating the issue until I get some real answers.

It's really unfortunate, all reviews for this unit are not super positive due to frustrating issues out of box; However after applying the update they always seem to be golden (apart from bickering over technical specs).
DrLcMama0202 is offline  
post #80 of 113 Old 10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Newbie
 
CowoJawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLcMama0202 View Post

I just got off the horn with samsung trying to locate the firmware update for the C700 / C700b and I was informed that this unit has no actual updates. Even after searching google and various other places for a while I still can't seem to get my hands on these "magical" updates. If any one has a working link or can educate me as to what I might be missing I'd be forever grateful!


HW-C700 firmware
CowoJawa is offline  
post #81 of 113 Old 10-16-2010, 06:38 AM
lei
Senior Member
 
lei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: fishkill, ny
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
link seems not working. Could you email me to dynaudios@hotmail.com ?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowoJawa View Post

HW-C700 firmware


lei
lei is offline  
post #82 of 113 Old 10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Newbie
 
CowoJawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lei View Post

link seems not working. Could you email me to dynaudios@hotmail.com ?

Thanks.

Hmmm... try this one "HW-C700 firmware"

MD5: AB95C6AD2674471434A07EB9C5BC2BE6
SHA-1: 73C356F895344B10E6B3DFF1A93E2B0E0A22A3C3
CowoJawa is offline  
post #83 of 113 Old 10-16-2010, 11:22 AM
lei
Senior Member
 
lei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: fishkill, ny
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This one works. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowoJawa View Post

Hmmm... try this one "HW-C700 firmware"


lei
lei is offline  
post #84 of 113 Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Newbie
 
nola504boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone please help me. I have this rec. and i cant get it to play true hd or dts hd when looking at blurays on my ps3. I tried lpcm and bitstream but the rec. only shows dolby dig. when i try to change sound effect it says not support? im using hdmi also please need help im going crazy!!!
nola504boy is offline  
post #85 of 113 Old 10-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Newbie
 
canky99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola504boy View Post

Can someone please help me. I have this rec. and i cant get it to play true hd or dts hd when looking at blurays on my ps3. I tried lpcm and bitstream but the rec. only shows dolby dig. when i try to change sound effect it says not support? im using hdmi also please need help im going crazy!!!


depends what ps3 you have, if you have an old one ie fat version, then it wont say tru hd or dts master audio i bellieve you can only get the hd over lpcm, which means it wont light the receiver up with the dolby tru hd/master audio visuals but you will still be getting hd audio. If you have a ps3 slim you can get it to say hd audio on the amp by using one of the corrct audio options cannot remember which option but you get the gist of it.

in brief they both do hd i believe but only the psm slim will light up the receiver to say Truhd/master audio. The ps3 fat does the decoding whereas the ps3 slim can be sent to the receiver for decoding hence what the receiver says on the front panel eg(truhd/master audio)
canky99 is offline  
post #86 of 113 Old 10-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Member
 
ryan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by panaman13 View Post

I got mine hooked up last night.... first thing I did was update the firmware..... a very simple thing to do, must I say.... copy the 2 files to the usb drive. turn the receiver on, plug the usb thumb drive into the back of the unit, it automatically starts doing the update and in about 3 minutes it turns itself off.. which meens its done. You can check the firmware level by hitting the 9 4 times on the remote and some other button.. cant remember.... anywho... after i upgraded the firmware I proceeded to hook all my speakers and accessories to it. I have polk audio cs30 front and rear speakers and a cs1 center and an old sony 12 inch powered sub. My components are a Scientific Atlanitic HD-DVR(timewarner cable), Xbox360, PS3, and an ASUS Oplay. I hooked everything up and ran the automated speaker setup with the included microphone. The unit sounds great, can't tell a difference between this unit and my old Onkyo SR507 which died (hdmi ports died on it). I really like how all the buttons are hidden on the front of this unit, makes it sleak looking. I also like that its runs cool. My old Onkyo was like having an extra heater in the corner of the room. HDMI switching works great and doesn't have that annoying clicking noise that my old Onkyo had when switching between inputs. I played the Avatar Bluray Disk and it sounded awesome. I havent tested the Ipod dock yet.... I will mess with that tonight... all and all.... I don't think you could could find another receiver for $200 bucks that has these features and sounds as good as it does.. heck I bet you couldnt find one for $300 bucks that would compare to how good this unit is.
I'll report back in 6 months and let everyone know if it is still alive

Can someone post the procedure for checking the firmware version?

Thanks
ryan101 is offline  
post #87 of 113 Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Newbie
 
CowoJawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan101 View Post

Can someone post the procedure for checking the firmware version?

Thanks


[ How to Check the firmware version ]

Step 1: When the Power is on, Press Mute button.

Step 2: Press the 9 button 4 times, and press the ENTER button.

Step 3. Front display shows firmware versions and confirm the main micom/hdmi version as belows.

- HAR-C700WWM-****.* (Main micom)

- AV-EP94A2WWH-**** (HDMI micom)
CowoJawa is offline  
post #88 of 113 Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Newbie
 
hiroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received my replacement from newegg, RMA'd the first because the remote stopped working completely and other odd symptoms appeared after I connected my Toshiba HDTV and Panasonic BluRay. Learned the hard way that this Sammy don't play nicely with others - at least not with its default settings. Had to disable its Anynet+ in setup along with the corresponding (but proprietary?) HDMI-CEC features of the TV & BR. Now that those are all disabled, the Panny works fine with its hdmi connected to the Sammy's Satellite input and hdmi output to the TV (still wouldn't work with the BR/DVD hdmi input, nor would an older Samsung DVD player work with that BR input). Will keep testing various combinations of connections and report back...
hiroll is offline  
post #89 of 113 Old 10-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Member
 
sugatam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got one at 199.00, but the "enter" key on the remote doesn't work. Anyone run into this?
sugatam is offline  
post #90 of 113 Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Newbie
 
blfarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also figured I'd get it a try at $199. At that price and with bad reviews added in the 2 year extended coverage so maybe if they replace this model with a more reliable one hopefully I can switch out. Most reviews seem to be hit or miss. Well..first unit is a miss. Won't stay powered on for more than 5 min. Then after that it won't come on at all or power light goes on & off. When it isn't coming on it makes a click/swish type noise about every 2 seconds. Does this even with nothing plugged into it and tried different outlets and surge protectors. Firmware not updated but it won't stay on long enough to finish doing it. Looks great, got for the price and to go along with samsung 3D/bluray bundle. We'll see how the second one works.
blfarmer is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off