Samsung HW-C700 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 113 Old 11-15-2010, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Returned to newegg and they were out of stock. Just went with the pioneer 820 k from amazon for $218 and free shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 113 Old 11-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Just picked this unit up cheap at best buy to go with my new 7000 series 3d tv. If anyone is curious my unit has the 1002.6 firmware on it out of the box.

Everything works great other than some strange any net stuff but I figured I have problems with it lol
post #93 of 113 Old 12-20-2010, 09:46 AM

I haven't seen this topic on the board, But if you are wanting to use your IPOD Touch 4th generation, you will definately have to get the new firmware or the IPOD will not work on the receiver. My Unit came with HAR-C700WWM-1000 firmware and updated to HAR-C700WWM-1002_6 and it now works ( Trick is to select IPOD-Video for playback to get to choose what you want to listen to. The IPOD-Audio just plays songs in order that they are in the playlist )
post #94 of 113 Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM

I bought one of these amps with a Samsung Blue-Ray player. I was impressed to see a unit this attractive, loaded with so many features, for such a good price. But it turns out I am having serious issues between the HDMI v1.4 BD-amp combo and my LG TV (HDMI v1.3). The picture is erratic, showing sometimes but then going to white noise.

Any suggestions/fixes?

Thanks.
post #95 of 113 Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Had mine for 2 days. Already ordered a replacement onkyo 260, will return this when it arrives.
There is a light humming with it out of my speakers. I have had a couple issues with a blu-ray player and HTPC not "handshaking" with my toshiba tv. But hey I figured why not test her for a few days and what do you know, not impressed and the 260 is on sale for less.
post #96 of 113 Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I must have got a fluke one because mine is doing great! Disabled the anynet+ so I wouldn't have any problems, this my ps3, my Ultra Clears and my new Mitsubishi 73738 are enjoying 3d greatness! I checked and it's running the newest firmware so they might have worked the kinks out from the earlier models.

psn: ashunte
post #97 of 113 Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 PM

I, too, will probably never buy any Samsung product again. Their website is a joke; chat support is manned by "people of limited capabilities" reading the same owners' manual that I have in my hand; and phone support is manned by ... those same people!
My new HW-C700 is due back from repairs (remote issues) tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to complete the installation.
I'll preface by saying that I am not a purist audiophile or videophile. I want to enjoy TV and movies on my new Mitsu 73738 and Samsung HW-C700. I'm not looking to rattle the floors with bass. I am also looking to set up my HT system "on the cheap" with equipment I already own.
I have a Boston SubSat 6 passive 8ohm subwoofer. I know that passive subwoofers are a no-no with modern receivers like the HW-C700 ... so I am planning on attaching a 48w amplifier to it.
Is there any flaw to my plan? I know the Samsung package system comes with a 150w SW. I attempted to get a min-max wattage from Samsung chat support ... and all they could give me was the specs on their included SW.
post #98 of 113 Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
even with the new firmware, there is NO ARC (Audio Return Channel) support - correct?
post #99 of 113 Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Wow, not a lot of people with this unit, huh? In the event that I get a 3D-capable HDTV and Blu-Ray player this year I'm going to need to replace the receiver from my HT-AS720 Home Theatre setup with one that's 3D-ready. That, and having more than two HDMI-in ports would be nice. I wouldn't want to spend a lot, but I would want decoding of all the blu-ray audio codecs, and this was the only HDMI 1.4 receiver I found that can do what I want for a reasonable price.

Does anyone know what the 2011 equivalent to this receiver is? Thanks.

Click here for my home theater setup
post #100 of 113 Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 AM

Hey guys, I picked up this receiver a few months ago and Blueray and DVDs and cable sounds GREAT on it.

I just finished putting together my HTPC and bought a Acer H5360 3D projector... Now I'm trying to get 3D working with NVIDIA Vision.

I ran into a slight problem though...
I'm running an NVIDIA GTS 250 video card, which has 2 DVI output but no HDMI... so I got a DVI to HDMI adapter to plug into this receiver. This will give me video output. But I get no sound. I plug the sound from the HTPC to the Receiver with Toslink cable... but I cant get it to use HDMI for video and Toslink for audio!! When I click the audio assign button to optical, the video disappears and the sound work. I'm assuming it switched video to a different video input, like the Component?? I have component output from the video card as well, but in order to use 3D, I have to use NVIDIA 3D Vision, I have to use HDMI or DVI output.

Is there any solution to this? I cant seem to pick video from HDMI and Audio from the TOSlink.

One solution is to plug the HTPC straight into the projector, then run TOSLINK to the receiver... but this defeats to point of getting this receiver... so I can switch video signal from my cable, satellite, htpc, and everything else.
post #101 of 113 Old 04-26-2011, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
vinhtvu2 -- You probably need to upgrade your GTS 250 video card to a GT 430. The newer cards will output audio over both their HDMI and DVI ports, AFIK. Check out the Nvidia web site.

- Claus {non-Santa model}
post #102 of 113 Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM

I downloaded the firmware file here and applied it to the receiver... it bricked.

I've done plenty of firmware updates, so I was pretty careful with it. I powered it off, plug the jump drive in (fat32) and it said MAIN UPDATE on the front... I left it alone for 20 minutes. Came back, noticed that it has powered off. I figure it was done. I tried to power it on, nothing. The power light blink when I "press" it, but nothing. Nothing on the LCD, nothing with remote, no output whatsoever.

I tried the Factory reset by holding the memory, nothing. Fail again.

Now I have to RMA it... big UFC fight event at my house this weekend too... *sigh*........
post #103 of 113 Old 08-25-2011, 05:32 AM

So here goes... Ive had this setup for about 3 months now and everything was working great! everything is hooked up as follows

ps3 to viewsonic VP3D1 to hw-c700 to viewsonic pjd6531w all connected with hdmi

now my problem is the audio stoped working for some reason on ps3 and i went to the setting to set them back up

ps3 audio> selected hdmi> automatique... but i get this message "this hdmi device cannot be use for audio output"... if i go to manual and check off the boxes manualy it somewhat works, meaning i only hear the background noises in movies and no voices, same goes for ps3 games. so thatbeing said if i try and use the optical out on the ps3 to the receiver when i select audio assigne on the remote of the receiver the receiver goes from hdmi1 to opt 1 , i get the sounds perfectly but no video...

now i have tried a few diffrent ways to hook theses up
ps3 to receiver to vp3d1 to projector, that works with the audio but in
multi-ch and i cant use any of the sound feature of my receiver..

has anyone ever experience this or simmilar issues

even when i connet the ps3 directly to the receiver now i still cant assing the audio on the receiver to optical or hdmi without loosing either the video or the audio
post #104 of 113 Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM

I just got this unit a few days ago. I can't get any sub output from analog sources. Radio or external device connected with RCA - makes no difference. No sub. Sub works fine with digital sources that have an LFE channel. Anybody else experience this? I've tried every setting I can find.
post #105 of 113 Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Okay, I think I might have it solved. I had to set my other speakers to 'small'. I usually think of the small setting as being for little satellite speakers and mine are more of a full-range speaker, so I had it set to large. Anyway, the sub is thumpin' now with the radio. Thank goodness. I knew from the reviews that there were issues with this unit, but I got it cheap and figured it would suffice. I was ready to put it back on ebay.
post #106 of 113 Old 10-22-2011, 03:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 504
I just got this receiver open box with nothing but the receiver. I downloaded the manual and am making adjustments with the front panel buttons for now.
I'm getting extreme dynamic range compression with a Dolby True HD source. Changed DRC setting in the receiver with no improvement. Smart Volume is turned off. Also checked BD player settings; it's set for wide range. When I switched the player to multichannel PCM output, the compression went away. Is there something else in the receiver setup or options I may be missing?

ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 reference spectro
Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
post #107 of 113 Old 10-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Just ordered one of these for $189.99 at Buy.com. Hopefully it will work out, and thanks for the firmware links. When I get it I'll give that a shot, for some reason all the firmware updates for this are absent from the Samsung site.

Thank You
Chris Feehan
501st\ECG - TK6744
http://www.curemode.com
post #108 of 113 Old 11-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Just got mine Monday and hooked it up in about 3 hrs. Have a Samsung DLP 50" TV with only one HDMI, and all my devices are HDMI so this worked out well. Have a FiOS box, XBox (old version with Mad Catz HDMI adapter), PS3, and an LG BD360 3D Bluray. I wanted to get my system up to snuff for a 3DTV I hope to buy later this year, probably the LG 55LW6500. My old receiver was a Yamaha, that had no HDMI, but it was a nice 6.1 system. This was a great upgrade for under $200, and so far its working well with my Onkyo speakers. I only have 6 speakers plus a Subwoofer, but I also had an extra Yamaha Subwoofer that I added into the mix for even stronger low level effects. The instructions and the Setup menu are a complete joke, but it was the same in my old Yamaha system. Once you figure it out and set it the way you want, you never touch them again anyway. I did successfully do the firmware upgrade (thanks to getting the file link here), and once I reset my other devices to do sound out of the HDMI everything seems to work well together. I had seen some folks having issues with the Harmony One remote, but those must have been fixed because I was able to set that up in 20 minutes to work with the system. I would have liked some additional features like up converting, and non-HDMI pass trough, but since everything I have now is HDMI anyway it met my needs. For the price I can't complain and I like that it does all the switching. The real test will be if it works well with the 3DTV once I get it. My only complaint is the IPOD port is great to have, but there is no song navigation at all (which others have complained about). It just lets you skip and it seems to be in alphabetical order.

I have one question that is just not clear to me if anyone knows. On my FiOS box, most channels in HD seem to indicate surround sound, but when I choose the ProLogic or Neo6 choices with the receiver it just says NOT SUPPORTED. I would want to use the Neo6 in certain situations for just regular shows, and I don't know why it doesn't seem to allow that. I may have to double check the FiOS box options, I may have missed something. Thanks for all the help in this forum, I knew exactly what I was getting, and for the money so far it was worth it.

Thank You
Chris Feehan
501st\ECG - TK6744
http://www.curemode.com
post #109 of 113 Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Would anyone like to sell (or trade for Blu Rays, etc) me the ASC microphone that comes with this receiver?

ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 reference spectro
Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
post #110 of 113 Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 AM

Hi.
Has anybody working mainboard for HW-C500/C700 (AH41-01296A/B) for sale?
Or maybe good main processor?
post #111 of 113 Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 PM

I've had my HW-C700 for two years with NO Issues...until today of course when my surround speaker have ceased to operate. Connections are good, settings appear correct, Samsung support was pretty much useless today when I chatted with them.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could try?
post #112 of 113 Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 AM

are you using HDMI input
post #113 of 113 Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 AM

are you using HDMI input