I'm a new entry and I'm pretty inexperienced about HT. I hope you can help me to find a good amplifier AV and some really good speakers.
Please, forgive me about my English, but I'm Italian and I'll try to make myself clear as much I can.
I need to start building my HT system with a nice AVR ampli and really good quality small front speakers. I currently live in a small 1 bedroom but next year I'm gonna move in a larger house, so with more space available I'll be able to add center speakers, sub, and surround (maybe the surround speakers will be the speakers I'll buy now..); but for one year the ampli has to work with just the front speakers. Basically I'd like to buy something good for a future upgrade.
1) All the components should be "music friendly" because I like to listen to a lot of music and just some movies. I mean I'm not interested in something that shakes my windows and produces a loud and "powerful" noise; I don't give a damn about the explosions and shooting scenes in a movie, but I want to listen to my John Coltrane records in a perfect way!! I had an Onkyo years ago and it was fabulous with my popcorn movies but I couldn't listen to jazz for more than 20 minutes wit it!
Please, don't tell me that I should buy a 2 channel stereo ampli just for music, I know it, but I'll never have the space for two different system, one for music and one for movies, and my wife and me have fun watching some movies in the evening, but my focus is the music listening.
2) The speakers should be a small bookshelf size, good enough for my actual small room, and good enough to eventually become the surround/back speakers in the future system. I though to Klipsch (I got a good deal on the RF-52 but their sound is a little harsh), KEF iQ10, B&W 686/CM1, Paradigm Atom Monitor, Monitor Audio RX1/BR1, but I'm open to other suggestions on the same quality level..
2) I want the AVR with the full iPhone control (iPhone, no Ipod) on the TV screen; this is a must! I need it cuz I'd like to have something which allows me to control the iPhone in a easy, visible and full way on the TV screen. My music is all on mp3 and flac, just some cd's, and I don't want to be forced to go close to the small avr/iPhone display to read my folders and playlists, I want them big on my tv screen. Is it demand too much?
(I thought to some Pioneer models which don't even need the optional dock station to control the iPhone, there are two, the VSX-21TXH and the new VSX 10-20 with similar price, but I'd really like to listen to your opinions about that cuz I'm not convinced about the Pio...)
1) Use: 70% music (mp3, flac, some cd's), 30% movies/TV.
2) Rectangular room, medium/large dimension, with the TV and speakers in the top corner (I apologize, I it's a really bad position but I cannot change the furnishing lay out... not now at least.
3) Budget max around $1000
4) I'm Italian but I live in CA, so I buy in the US market.
I look forward for your advise and your help.
Thanks a lot!!