AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertomn View Post
Hi,

I have one Projector connect thru HDMI Out port, and I'd like to connect a LCD and be able to choose wheter to see the projector or the LCD. I tried to connect the LCD using the Video COmponent OUT, but it didn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

Roberto

Get a HDMI splitter like this http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Connect a HDMI cable from the receiver's HDMI out port to the INPUT port of the splitter, then one HDMI cable out from the splitter to your projector, another HDMI cable out from the splitter to your TV. Done.

Here's another one from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/HD-102-Powered...=hdmi+splitter

You're welcome!

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5293 Old 07-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can anyone offer any advice? Today after watching a film on my htpc I shut the computer down and then reduced the volume from -15 too -35 before changing sources back to my cable box. When I did this there was a big bang in the room and my TX-SR608 turned itself off with a flashing standby light.

Almost immediately I was able to turn the receiver back on and it seems to work fine, but should I be worried about something?

I try to set the audessy reference level based on the content I am listening too. Before a film I have it set to 0, so could switching to my cable box which is at a higher reference level cause this? I've never had this problem before.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I do have my receiver plugged in via a power conditioner.

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
Goldeneye
post #5283 of 5293 Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help!

Had a lightning storm at my house tonight and the power went off once. I get no picture off my receiver now. I've done a direct connection to my projector to make sure that it was fine. The projector is totally fine as is the connection and port in the equipment closet.

A BD, cable box, and xbox are hooked up to the receiver. I can hear audio on the cable box and xbox input with no video, and cannot hear audio off the BD input with no video. I just have the projector's black screen saying "no signal".

I have tried the "hold VCR and click Stand-by" reset and it does not work.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. I'm really hoping the storm did not fry the HDMI board.
post #5284 of 5293 Old 07-13-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No picture (sometimes)

This is a pretty similar problem to the previous one. My problem is this. After coming home after a storm (relevant? idk), there was no signal. I thought maybe the cable was out and gave it most of the afternoon and then still nothing. The bluray and cable box are hooked up via HDMI and neither work but the audio for the Wii works fine as does the radio. I hooked the cable HDMI directly to the tv and got video but no sound. And what I found really funny is while everything was originally setup when my roommate unhooked the HDMI out from the cable box, the bluray signal came on. So it seems everything works individually but they no longer function together any more. Thoughts on this please. Is it the receiver? I originally thought it was till the bluray signal worked.
post #5285 of 5293 Old 07-24-2014, 01:52 PM

Hi! I have an Onkyo 608 that has been flooded with coffee (or something else). The HDMI board was damaged by the leaking and I cleaned it with pure alcohol, but nothing. Today I decided to make some measurements and the big problem that I found was this - no 12 volts to the intput of the 5 Volts regulator

The problem is that I can't find where from is this voltage going to the 5V regulator. I downloaded the service manual, but with no luck - still can't see the trace. I will measure the 1.2 and 3.3 Volt regulators tomorrow to see if there is damage.

The only reason that I want the HDMI is to Sync my TV with the receiver, so I could use only one remote.

I'll be thankful for more information about my problem - what should I measure to see if it's working. I want only to get the Lip Sync function works. Thanks!
post #5286 of 5293 Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a problem with getting audio from my Onkyo. I've recently moved and everything was disconnected. I wasn't planning on using the receiver until I got my home theater built. I was setting up my XBOX for my girlfriend's daughter and I only had my VGA cable with me. The TV doesn't have a VGA cable, so I was going to connect it to the receiver and then HDMI to the TV. My problem is that I can't seem to get any audio to work with it. If I use optical, the receiver says it is receiving and outputting the signal, but there is no sound from the TV. If I use the RCA for audio (on the PC input) it doesn't show that it's getting anything.

Does the receiver not pass audio back to the TV for some reason? I imagine if I hooked my speakers back up it would work fine, but that's not what I want to do. This is just a quick setup for kids.
post #5287 of 5293 Old 08-21-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Does the receiver not pass audio back to the TV for some reason? I imagine if I hooked my speakers back up it would work fine, but that's not what I want to do. This is just a quick setup for kids.
Hi ChldsPlay, enable Audio TV Out under HDMI menu found under Hardware Setup.

For optical connection you'll need to assign the optical input to PC and assign HDMI PC input as none (-----).
post #5288 of 5293 Old 08-22-2014, 08:32 PM

I am a relatively new user and am having issues correcting some audio issues with my current setup and would appreciate any help you guys can provide. I havea relative basic setup, LG 4k model LA9650, DIRECTV GENIE, ps3 (not very important) and a raspeberry pi all connected via hdmi into my onkyo tx-sr608.

Unfortunately I am only able to use a 4.1 setup. I would like to utilize the tv speakers for dialogue and receiver speakers for my surround. Within my receiver swttings I can select it to push tv speakers but I then get stereo for all of my surround speakers. Under hardware\hdmi in my receiver settings I have tried RIHD with audio rerurn channel on, this only seems to work with the raspberry and doesnt with directv. I have lip sync enabled on my receiver and tv (with bypass selected qhich seems to work with the raspebrry but not directv).

My goal is this; utilize my tv speakers for pushingnthe dialoge similar to a center speaker, but have the additional option for surround with my receiver when wanted. I do have toslink cables available as well.

I assume I am missing something basic but I have gone brain dead with this and am obviously not a pro, so any help is very appreciated. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info
post #5289 of 5293 Old 08-25-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi ChldsPlay, enable Audio TV Out under HDMI menu found under Hardware Setup.

For optical connection you'll need to assign the optical input to PC and assign HDMI PC input as none (-----).
Thanks JChin.

Now I'm having another problem. I reconnected one of my speakers, and I'm not getting anything from it. When I went to the setup, the speaker setup option was greyed out. Any ideas?
post #5290 of 5293 Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Thanks JChin.

Now I'm having another problem. I reconnected one of my speakers, and I'm not getting anything from it. When I went to the setup, the speaker setup option was greyed out. Any ideas?
Most likely due to Audio TV out being set to "On".

Under the Hardware Setup, try setting HDMI Control (RIHD) to "On" and this will set Audio TV Out to "Auto".
post #5291 of 5293 Old 09-01-2014, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HDMI board failure

Does anybody have the infamous hdmi board failure on their 608?? Im not even sure how long ive had the issue since ive only used zone 2 to output the a multiroom niles system for the longest time. I have tried every avenue at onkyo inlcuding their forum, email, phone and keep getting pushed towards their ****** trade in program. They refuse to include the 608 into their new service program, but this model has also been known to have the issue. Is there any way to start a petition to include the 608 into the program?
post #5292 of 5293 Old 09-08-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Most likely due to Audio TV out being set to "On".

Under the Hardware Setup, try setting HDMI Control (RIHD) to "On" and this will set Audio TV Out to "Auto".
I tried this, and unfortunately it didn't work. I can't think of anything else to try for why I wouldn't be getting audio from the speakers (or be able to edit them).
post #5293 of 5293 Old Today, 06:39 AM

Liked: 10
Hi guys I have an onkyo tx Sr 608. Have been using it since last 4 years. But recently I am facing a problem ml the receiver gets stuck on one particular source say game and stays stuck none of the buttons or remote works. Even the standby/ on button doesn't work. The only way to switch of or on is by unplug/plug. But this doesn't solve the problem as soon as I plug it back in the source stays on game and gets stuck again as before and no buttons what's ever work. Any idea guys or do u think it will need repairs.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page