The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR608 Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 178 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #5311 of 5313 Old 08-18-2015, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Still happy...

My 608 is still running great as well. On a couple of occasions I have explored replacing it. But I always start the process by making a list of "must have" features and a reasonable budget. Then I come to the conclusion that I already have a receiver that I am happy with,
and it has all the features i require. (Although I must admit that networking capability would be nice.)

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Plasma 55"
Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray
Toshiba A30 HD DVD
Onkyo TX-SR608 Reciever
Klipsch Ref RC500 Center (RC52)

Klipsch Ref RB600 Fronts (RB61)

Klipsch Ref RS400 Surrounds (RS42)
Klipsch Synergy SW10 Sub Woofer
SA Explorer 8300HD HD DVR
Harmony 650 Remote

Mac Mini/PS3/Wii

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 5313 Old 08-18-2015, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1967 View Post
My 608 is still running great as well. On a couple of occasions I have explored replacing it. But I always start the process by making a list of "must have" features and a reasonable budget. Then I come to the conclusion that I already have a receiver that I am happy with,
and it has all the features i require. (Although I must admit that networking capability would be nice.)
Yup, I feel the same, ever since I got a zotac HTPC it's basically completed me in every way. The only reason I would want to upgrade right now is to be able to use front wide and rear/side surround channels at the same time.

For my room, I've opted to do front wide and side surround placed at the rear.

//Onkyo 608 - B&W LCR 60 S3 Center - B&W DM 602 S3 Fronts - TSC TSS & Phase Tech DST Surrounds - B&W ASW600 S3 Subwoofer//
120''+ Screen size club.

"At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?"
AudioCheck -...
post #5313 of 5313 Old 08-19-2015, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedrifter View Post
Yup, I feel the same, ever since I got a zotac HTPC it's basically completed me in every way. The only reason I would want to upgrade right now is to be able to use front wide and rear/side surround channels at the same time.

For my room, I've opted to do front wide and side surround placed at the rear.
I have the same experience with mine got new when it first came out. never any heat issues. 7.1 polk speakers and my tv, 2 computers in the hdmi for options 7950 and the other computer with a 5870 which i built when i got the onkyo. only thing i miss is the lan option. but i can not upgrade with losing far more than i gain and spend double what i paid for my 608. plus it works perfectly.

LG42LD550, ONKYO TX SR608, POLK M70s 7.1POLK 10"SUB, LG BD570, PINNACLE USB PVR-HD. GA990FXA UD3, SAPPHIRE HD 7950 OC 3Gb GDDR5, AMD FX-8150BE@4.0, 16Gb GSKILL DDR3 1600, SSD: CRUCIAL M4 128Gb, HDD: 3- 1TB SPINPOINT F3, WD4GB MY BOOK DUO LAN CLOUD , CISCO E3200, TP LINK 8PORT SWITCH; CISCO DOCS3.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page